You got their characters down perfectly.
I'm surprised he didn't just punch Yamchas teeth out after figuring out he was a bandit.
Those quest failures always being the end of the world or something like that is kind of hilarious.

New quest
Leg Day

Leg day is important never skip it.
Reward: Strong legs
Failure penalty: Possible death, Possible end of the world.

Aw shit son! Red Ribbon!

Thankfully according to the Daizenshuu Ten is stronger than their strongest fighter in his enhanced state.

Hell, he's currently about as Strong as Tao in his enhanced state. Tao's Power Level was stated as 240 in the Daizenshuu.

He should have no problem then.

also he is almost a 1/4 radditz….shame the PC cant go and heal goku's brain damage...

might help with things if the man isn't so fight happy all the time, or at least is capable of thinking more then just the next fight.

also he is almost a 1/4 radditz….shame the PC cant go and heal goku's brain damage...

might help with things if the man isn't so fight happy all the time, or at least is capable of thinking more then just the next fight.

The Brain Damage is like the one thing responsible for Goku's Good Nature. Remember the Pod he came in was indoctrinating him into how a PTO Soldier was expected to act. Up until he hit his head he was actually a little terror.

The Fight Happy bit is unfortunately just the way the Saiyan Brain is wired, even the Brain Damage couldn't fix that, just ameliorate it

So, if it was red Ribbon and they knew Bulma had dragonballs with her, why the hit and Run? that's not really red ribbon modus operandi. they are more like "There is a squad of soldiers, obey our demands or else" than "Let's steal the objective while they aren't looking".

Canon Divergence
Aw shit son! Red Ribbon!

Thankfully according to the Daizenshuu Ten is stronger than their strongest fighter in his enhanced state.

Hell, he's currently about as Strong as Tao in his enhanced state. Tao's Power Level was stated as 240 in the Daizenshuu.

He should have no problem then.

Canon divergence has greatly shifted all earthly Battle Powers, as it might soon for those in space.

Official guidebooks are next to useless here, friend. For all you know, General Blue is now genetically enhanced with Battle Power 450.

So, if it was red Ribbon and they knew Bulma had dragonballs with her, why the hit and Run? that's not really red ribbon modus operandi. they are more like "There is a squad of soldiers, obey our demands or else" than "Let's steal the objective while they aren't looking".

Ten provokes a sort of fear and respect in Red Ribbon, particularly Blue, who's had the pleasure of going against him in the Central Games.

To both of you— hell, to everyone reading this. Divergence is important. Some characters might react the same as they did before. Some will change drastically.

Please keep this in mind.

Hmm... Bulma has had four dragonballs by this point. They would have run into the RR before this, right? And Ten has pretty conclusively proven that he can outfight even the best of them, for all their generals have likely had further enhancements by this point (they'll be unaware of just how far Ten has improved). If Goku's been giving their mooks trouble, and High Command is aware of the existence of fighters that outclass their best - maybe they're being a bit more cautious around people who've proven to be somewhat capable? After all, if they've run into Goku before they likely still don't have have an upper bound on how powerful he is (not helped by his growth rate), and if they've been keeping an eye on Ten when he's been in more civilised regions (to the point of having someone watch his mum, even?) they may have been able to track him to the former site of Pan Fry Mountain, and have realised that Chichi could carve her way through their mooks as well.

So, Ten's victory over Blue may have made them more aware of the limits of their enhanced agents, and if they've been losing squads to Goku without anyone slowing him down they may not want to commit an enhanced agent in what may be a losing fight. Moreso if they're aware that Ten is there - and let's be honest, Goku and Ten's fight wouldn't have exactly been subtle, so if they were tracking Bulma's party they may now know that there's the kid who defeated Blue, the kid who's been slaughtering squads left and right, and a kid who the first one considers as strong as the second and is his girlfriend. In that scenario I'd be doing a quick infiltrate-and-extract, too!

EDIT: Yeah, what the author said. The players in this story are not bound to act exactly as in canon, when they've had stimuli their canon counterparts did not.

Last edited:
Blue got beat by ten and survived so it's likely that they've enhanced him even further. Ten needs to find out how to gain psychic abilities.

Canon divergence has greatly shifted all earthly Battle Powers, as it might soon for those in space.

Official guidebooks are next to useless here, friend. For all you know, General Blue is now genetically enhanced with Battle Power 450.

Ten provokes a sort of fear and respect in Red Ribbon, particularly Blue, who's had the pleasure of going against him in the Central Games.

To both of you— hell, to everyone reading this. Divergence is important. Some characters might react the same as they did before. Some will change drastically.

Please keep this in mind.

Divergence wouldn't plausibly account for that and certainly not for things in space. The butterfly effect doesn't work that way. Changes ripple out from the point of divergence and are small at first, that's how the butterfly effect works.

Divergence wouldn't plausibly account for that and certainly not for things in space. The butterfly effect doesn't work that way. Changes ripple out from the point of divergence and are small at first, that's how the butterfly effect works.

Divergence can most certainly account for General Blue gaining higher strength, as well as the Red Ribbon Army's gadgets be stronger. The change to Blue was direct; RR sent him to test out his new body, and he did very well, though he failed in the end. Therefore, more research is to be done, more advancements to be made, and a quickening of the plans as well.

The Central Games occurred on June the 15th. The story, as it stands, is taking place on September the 9th.

June, July, August. 3 months of research and prep-time— especially when they detected Ten with the Dragonballs. There's a reason I dropped a little hint at Ten's concern with the radar being able to detect the balls even in his [Inventory]. It's not outside the realms of possibility that they've been watching him with a satellite feed. The only reason Goku won against them was because he straight up bumrushed them with superior power. With Ten, they've had the time to start up.

Now, as for space, well; all I'll say is that the quest to figure out what a Saiyan is, as well as the [Techie] skill, are not just random plot points I came up with for the lulz. This is divergence, at work. If you want to talk growth speed, then Frieza reaching SS-Blue level in less than a year, all the main cast gaining incredible power in the time it took to start the Tournament of Power, and so on... If that can happen in canon, then similar things can happen here.

It's not even insane breakthroughs, at any rate. Gero was able to pump out cyborgs, androids and bio-organisms stronger than Super Saiyans. I'm sure the lowly 2nd-rate scientists at Red Ribbon can churn out something with, say.. 200-300 BP.

Have a little faith in me :(

Divergence can most certainly account for General Blue gaining higher strength, as well as the Red Ribbon Army's gadgets be stronger. The change to Blue was direct; RR sent him to test out his new body, and he did very well, though he failed in the end. Therefore, more research is to be done, more advancements to be made, and a quickening of the plans as well.

The Central Games occurred on June the 15th. The story, as it stands, is taking place on September the 9th.

June, July, August. 3 months of research and prep-time— especially when they detected Ten with the Dragonballs. There's a reason I dropped a little hint at Ten's concern with the radar being able to detect the balls even in his [Inventory]. It's not outside the realms of possibility that they've been watching him with a satellite feed. The only reason Goku won against them was because he straight up bumrushed them with superior power. With Ten, they've had the time to start up.

Now, as for space, well; all I'll say is that the quest to figure out what a Saiyan is, as well as the [Techie] skill, are not just random plot points I came up with for the lulz. This is divergence, at work. If you want to talk growth speed, then Frieza reaching SS-Blue level in less than a year, all the main cast gaining incredible power in the time it took to start the Tournament of Power, and so on... If that can happen in canon, then similar things can happen here.

It's not even insane breakthroughs, at any rate. Gero was able to pump out cyborgs, androids and bio-organisms stronger than Super Saiyans. I'm sure the lowly 2nd-rate scientists at Red Ribbon can churn out something with, say.. 200-300 BP.

Have a little faith in me :(

Gero was able to do that after a decade of research and multiple genetic samples from beings far stronger than even the best human fighters of the time. The androids he is currently capable of producing were easily disposed of by canon Goku.

There is a limit to how far you can rush science in such a short amount of time without the external factors that lead to Gero being able to make the androids

Science can indeed be that fast.
Gero was able to do that after a decade of research and multiple genetic samples from beings far stronger than even the best human fighters of the time. The androids he is currently capable of producing were easily disposed of by canon Goku.

There is a limit to how far you can rush science in such a short amount of time without the external factors that lead to Gero being able to make the androids

There's only a limit to how far you can rush science when you have no food, no resources, no willing test subjects, no infrastructure and no subordinates to manage everything.

Gero's research was almost assuredly slow as he had to focus on surviving, maintaining his equipment, plotting, finding people to kidnap, and so on for the better part of a decade— all on his own. You think he just happened to have a stockpile of food and water to last him 17 years so he could fully focus on such things?

So, that 17 years he had, I'm gonna guess a solid 4-6 years of research was put into it, a good chunk of that research being put to creating those spy drones, studying everyone's latent abilities, collecting blood samples and the like. Then, probably creating the technology to interface a living human brain with a machine, since he became Android 20. He had so many varied projects.

You're seriously telling me that a group of high level geneticists can't eke out a few hundreds points of Battle Power in a few months while they have full military funding, access to monsters like Buyon (remember Buyon? Big fat, pink thing?) in Muscle Tower, as well as a plethora of various animals with traits they could select to enhance abilities— a human with the perceptions of a raptor, the eyesight of a hawk, the power of a T-Rex compressed into a small form, and so on. Not to mention having their lives on the line, in a "if you fail this task, then we kill you" deal.

No offense, but the whole "oh no science can't do that so quickly" point is very poorly thought out.

You're free to disagree with the conclusions I've drawn, and that's fine, but I'm quite sure they're valid. I'm not arguing this point any further as we're beginning to delve in the "repeating one's self" trap, and I'd rather focus on updating the story and not arguing about a point so trivial I didn't even bother according it any thought until you brought it up.

Thanks for the discussion.

There's only a limit to how far you can rush science when you have no food, no resources, no willing test subjects, no infrastructure and no subordinates to manage everything.

Gero's research was almost assuredly slow as he had to focus on surviving, maintaining his equipment, plotting, finding people to kidnap, and so on for the better part of a decade— all on his own. You think he just happened to have a stockpile of food and water to last him 17 years so he could fully focus on such things?

So, that 17 years he had, I'm gonna guess a solid 4-6 years of research was put into it, a good chunk of that research being put to creating those spy drones, studying everyone's latent abilities, collecting blood samples and the like. Then, probably creating the technology to interface a living human brain with a machine, since he became Android 20. He had so many varied projects.

You're seriously telling me that a group of high level geneticists can't eke out a few hundreds points of Battle Power in a few months while they have full military funding, access to monsters like Buyon (remember Buyon? Big fat, pink thing?) in Muscle Tower, as well as a plethora of various animals with traits they could select to enhance abilities— a human with the perceptions of a raptor, the eyesight of a hawk, the power of a T-Rex compressed into a small form, and so on. Not to mention having their lives on the line, in a "if you fail this task, then we kill you" deal.

No offense, but the whole "oh no science can't do that so quickly" point is very poorly thought out.

You're free to disagree with the conclusions I've drawn, and that's fine, but I'm quite sure they're valid. I'm not arguing this point any further as we're beginning to delve in the "repeating one's self" trap, and I'd rather focus on updating the story and not arguing about a point so trivial I didn't even bother according it any thought until you brought it up.

I am saying exactly that because they couldn't manage that in canon with a year's more preparation than they have here and literally nothing about the equipment or their process has changed.

It's Red Ribbon, if they had the ability to do this, they would have done so in canon regardless of wins or losses in tournaments because they're a paramilitary organization who have every incentive to push things as far as they can to be able to overthrow the World Government.

That they didn't most likely means they couldn't

oh, the science can't be that fast if you are having any kind of etics...

red ribon army with Gero... Terrorist, guerrilla, that probably uses unwilling test subjects considering what 16, 17 and 18 thought about him...

yeah, they are probably unetical enough to do it as fast as you are saying. or at the very least have started to the proceses of gaining battlepower as fast as you say. DB has insane tech levels and equally insane increases seen trough out the series.

I am saying exactly that because they couldn't manage that in canon with a year's more preparation than they have here and literally nothing about the equipment or their process has changed.

It's Red Ribbon, if they had the ability to do this, they would have done so in canon regardless of wins or losses in tournaments because they're a paramilitary organization who have every incentive to push things as far as they can to be able to overthrow the World Government.

OR, that the sience department incharge of cyberteck was deemed to have already produced sufficient tech to consider the project finished, and was to focus on a way to make it effective for mass production in their soldier rather than further the battlepower of a single soldier.

or that it was completed, and such needed no further founding to improve the product, and could focus on another product like say, forcefully turning enemy tech back into capsule form, or stealth tech, or environmental control, or any other number of projects that red ribbon was shown to be into.

many ways that a success would have given the science department less money and resources for cyborgs if they had won that tournament.

Last edited:
My dumb take is that it's plausible they could get General Blue more powerful... but there should be a satisfying narrative price for it.

Like, he's more powerful but pushing all these enhancements on him in such a small amount of time has driven him mad, mad I say!

Red Ribbon arc was 5 days, they had no prep time

With a year's more preparation... What?

The Red Ribbon Army saga is literally Age 750 May 7 to May 12 with no preparation.

It's. Five. Days. Long.

Where's the year long preparation for this? It literally starts directly after the World Tournament.

I literally gave them two months of concerted effort to cope with this new oddity.

I feel like you're trying to troll me at this point.

My dumb take is that it's plausible they could get General Blue more powerful... but there should be a satisfying narrative price for it.

Like, he's more powerful but pushing all these enhancements on him in such a small amount of time has driven him mad, mad I say!

You might be close to the truth, :)

I won't say anything. It'd suck if I gave the game away like that, eh?

My dumb take is they already did all they could to make General Blue more powerful, and they had one more year to do that in canon. I had some issues with how fast everyone was improving before, but this just confirm the scale is going to go insane really fast.

So, Genetically Engineered Blue vs Cyborg Tao.

I can dig it.

As for my take on the whole idea of the Red Ribbon becoming this arc's big bad and a credible adversary for Ten even at his current power, that's a good thing.

This story has never set out to be a curb stomp fic. The protagonist has been constantly threatened with suitable conflicts.

The story having a stronger Red Ribbon Army who's fully taking advantage of their resources and Dr. Gero's work to keep this trend isn't a bad thing.

This story is treating them more serious than Dragonball did since it's from an older protagonist's perspective, and has the added hindsight of the elements retconned in from Z to make it plausible.

If you're bothered by canon power levels being tweaked and changed to make the story more interesting, well Dragonball always played fast and loose with power levels, so I don't mind it.

If Super can make Roshi relevant at all, I don't really see the big deal of General Blue being slightly more powerful due to more attention from Red Ribbon scientists.

If that's too much, just treat it like an AU. To be fair, this story already has a fair amount of AU elements anyways: Chi-Chi's age, DragonQuest magic, a more involved Fortuneteller Baba, and a more fleshed out Demon Realm with their own planned invasion. Power levels being tweaked due to it being an AU is not that huge a pill to swallow if you're fine with all that added in.

How divergence works
As I understand it, the divergence here is Ten participating in that tournament and showing that there are people other than Tao out there that can pose a credible threat and unlike him they don't sell their services.
In cannon they were pretty much unopposed until Goku came out of nowhere looking for his 'grandpa' and wrecked their shit by systematically going from base to base destroying them and putting their officers out of commission.
So what used to be a Red Ribbon army sure of its might was introduced to uncertainty without being wiped out in a flash, 'if a kid could beat our super soldier what else is out there'. Let's make something stronger just to be safe after all we are after world domination if there are others like Ten we'd be in deep shit. Let's pay Tao for information and demonstrations of his might instead of simple murder.

My dumb take is they already did all they could to make General Blue more powerful, and they had one more year to do that in canon. I had some issues with how fast everyone was improving before, but this just confirm the scale is going to go insane really fast.

For the last time. Red Ribbon Army arc was directly after the end of the WMAT and lasted 5 days total in canon.

They did not have one year to prepare. Goku demolished them all.

Why do you keep saying they had a year to prepare?

I kinda hate how the dragon ball fandom seems to hate creativity.

Not only that, they endlessly argue over inconsequential things and they're not even correct...

With a year's more preparation... What?

The Red Ribbon Army saga is literally Age 750 May 7 to May 12 with no preparation.

It's. Five. Days. Long.

Where's the year long preparation for this? It literally starts directly after the World Tournament.

I literally gave them two months of concerted effort to cope with this new oddity.

I feel like you're trying to troll me at this point.

Good for them. Thats not what I'm arguing. The time difference from where we are in your story to where Red Ribbon was in canon is a year.

Your story is currently in Age 749. Not Age 750.

They had a year longer to enhance soldiers in canon than you've given them here and we're expected to buy that they somehow doubled the fighting power their techniques could produce in a shorter amount of time with no changes to equipment or process based on a lost tournament? When they have zero incentive to care about such things and every incentive to just enhance their officers as far as they can regardless of tournament results?

At this point you are willfully misinterpreting my objections. Its either that or you can't keep your chronology and canon's in your head at the same time.

Last edited:
They had a year longer to enhance soldiers in canon than you've given them here

They had results that spoke for themselves with no one to challenge them.

Big difference.

Stop arguing, please.

Your illogical arguments and butthurt are getting boring and I won't have you ruin everyone's enjoyment because you can't handle some creativity.

I put the fellow on ignore because he just doesn't know how to take a hint of even realize when he's wrong.

Like seriously, even if you were right, my story, my rules. You can leave.

Last edited:
They had results that spoke for themselves with no one to challenge them.

Big difference.

Stop arguing, please.

Your illogical arguments and butthurt are getting boring and I won't have you ruin everyone's enjoyment because you can't handle some creativity.

I put the fellow on ignore because he just doesn't know how to take a hint of even realize when he's wrong.

Like seriously, even if you were right, my story, my rules. You can leave.

Its not about creativity, its about plausibility. You're trying to rush too much too fast and the story is suffering for it.

Back