The Bloody Gates: A Penal Legion Meatgrinder (WH40k)

Hmm, slow and steady seems the best to me. We know where, parts, of the dangers are which should hopefully let us stay out of sight more easily.

Hmm, slow and steady seems the best to me. We know where, parts, of the dangers are which should hopefully let us stay out of sight more easily.
I think we're mostly fairly poor at stealth, and the enemy probably has the big breach in the wall under observation, so stealth might be difficult.

Flipside, taking some fatigue is a lot better than potentially injuring ourselves and a +30 bonus means we'll probably mostly make it down okay barring bad luck. Plus it's quiet, so that suggests the enemy probably doesn't have too many guns around. Still, would hate to eat a hotshot pack from a long-las.

Pretty ambivalent myself...

Smoop will always go for the quiet option, but then again she's the one with the stealth cloak.....

I think we're mostly fairly poor at stealth, and the enemy probably has the big breach in the wall under observation, so stealth might be difficult.

Flipside, taking some fatigue is a lot better than potentially injuring ourselves and a +30 bonus means we'll probably mostly make it down okay barring bad luck. Plus it's quiet, so that suggests the enemy probably doesn't have too many guns around. Still, would hate to eat a hotshot pack from a long-las.

Pretty ambivalent myself...
Hmmm, good points. We're not exactly a stealthy bunch :V

So I'll switch my vote to quick then. Luckily we can still probably use the recon to avoid the most things and spend the least amount of time in killzones when possible

Smoop will always go for the quiet option, but then again she's the one with the stealth cloak.....
Hrrrmmm... @greendoor Is there any reason that the guys bad at stealth can't run ahead, get cover, and just...wait for the stealthy folk to catch up? It's not like we'd alert them to the stealthers' presence, the enemy already knows the breach is there so it's really just a matter of actually not being spotted.

Hrrrmmm... @greendoor Is there any reason that the guys bad at stealth can't run ahead, get cover, and just...wait for the stealthy folk to catch up? It's not like we'd alert them to the stealthers' presence, the enemy already knows the breach is there so it's really just a matter of actually not being spotted.

That's actually a fair point. If you wanna do that, I'll allow it.

Or the stealthy people go ahead first and set up, then cover the runners when they go for it. That might work better but we may not have time.

Or the stealthy people go ahead first and set up, then cover the runners when they go for it. That might work better but we may not have time.
Captain Martyrdom Complex might grow irate at us for lollygagging if we do that...But then he might be too busy rushing ahead himself. Either way, I think it's reasonable to split up.

Who here can actually sneak worth a darn? Is it just @Kensai ?

Okay, Smoop is just gonna smoop around. She'll go ahead as soon as she can and try to pick her way cautiously forward, moving from cover to cover. If the others start the rush before she's in position she'll hole up and cover them as best she can. If she can get set up she'll do the same but better.

Hmm, to keep up covering fire on that sniper or pause to keep an eye out incase he's fully redeploying or another threat pops up

So quick question @greendoor , could I use my tech skill to try and figure out to activate the servitor or is it more of a "you don't know the login information" kind of issue?

Celine stows her chain-grinder and draws her nearly-an-afterthought laspistol from its holster. Albert and Corporal Sophon seemed capable enough of getting the Servitor's data to safety, but she ought to do her part alongside the gunners of the squad, taking aim at the sniper's nest and blasting away with whipcrack-inducing rays of light.
Er, fight's over mate.

mfw the one time I use tech I fail hilariously and somehow offend a robot dumber than a roomba. So, do you buckos think we should go on the attack or scuttle off form this fight with what we have so far? Honestly I'm leaning the latter.

Last edited:
I've still got one firebomb left over (the one tried to punch Kravax in the face with). I reckon I could sneak to the armoured car with the bonuses we have, and torch the crew. Or, even better, go through the hatch and take over the car, and turn the remote turret on the militia. And then we'd have an armoured car to ride around in.

Snoop is pretty done with heroics for the moment, so she's going to go to ground and use those bonuses to stay safe... err maintain overwatch.

I've still got one firebomb left over (the one tried to punch Kravax in the face with). I reckon I could sneak to the armoured car with the bonuses we have, and torch the crew. Or, even better, go through the hatch and take over the car, and turn the remote turret on the militia. And then we'd have an armoured car to ride around in.
Im gonna be honest
As much as this is incredibly risky and could end with us dead
I really wanna do it
Im in

Im gonna be honest
As much as this is incredibly risky and could end with us dead
I really wanna do it
Im in
And then we'd have an armoured car to ride around in.

To be real with you, you'd not get to keep the Armored Car once the rest of your forces move in.

But any useful loot, like that Twin Linked Stubber, or any kit that's inside it? That's absolutely more of a possibility. And of course, glory is it's own reward...

Back