SV Warframe Thread #1: But I don't wanna go on the Solar Rail

So I wished I had realized this however long Warframe.market has had this function for:

Ducanator - Ducat to platinum pricing ratios

Every time Baro comes around, I take quite some time going through my Prime items inventory comparing ducat price with current platinum price (calculating ducat/plat) and judging which items are best to sell to people and which are better to trade for ducats.

No more.

This site does that same calculation automatically, and as far as I've checked seems pretty trustworthy.

Now whenever Baro comes around, I can just go to the ducat kiosk, check what I got and check this list (Ducats/Plat column) instead of having to calculate all that stuff.

Basically, everything that has a Ducats/Plat value of 5 an higher gets traded for Ducats. Everything with lower than 5 D/P value, gets saved for trading with other players for Plat.

There is only one more point of consideration; sets in Warframe are sold for more than the addition of their individual parts, so you might want to keep a part with high Ducat/Plat value instead of trading it for plat, if it lets you complete a set that has a low Ducat/Plat value. But you would have to check and calculate that set's ducat/plat value manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
A snippet of something I typed out after having a thought or two on a drive regarding just what happened on the Zariman.

"Sometimes… the mechanisms would have a hiccup, or a shift in the Void would take a moment to be adapted to. A rift might form; those near it could be exposed for a moment to the terrors then familiar to nearly everyone by then. There'd be security checks then, of course; there was never any guarantee that someone who'd held fast so far wouldn't succumb to one form or another of madness, of perception disassociated across the Eternities or of certainties shattered.

And then sometimes there were differences in those exposed others could see. A man who had a scar down his right cheek might instead have one down his left. Someone who was left-handed might now prefer using their right hand, and insist they'd always had. A mole may disappear from one part of the body only to be found on another. Often these changes were symmetrical, but not always. Those so changed would usually insist that they were the same person, that any changes had always been there - sometimes they would insist that everyone else was different. Others would look no different but claim that others were imposters.

The officers thought that all of these were cases of some replica, some mimicking entity replacing or subsuming a victim. Usually, to be safe, those so inflicted were confined… or simply disappeared without any public statement…

… the Other Self, as we Tenno came to call it. Beyond the Wall of Lohk, where Jahu and Khra are wispy and pale… bare exposure… the truth of existing in the Void… it's enough for a "you" to will-have-always existed. A "you" that, while as much you as anything in the Eternities might be, is at the same time not-you in a way impossible to define, not part of the overall being described in the theory of Eternalism. Not part of what we might consider 'reality'. In a layer of being so fundamental that we simply cannot grasp, it is in tension to 'you' and to everything connected to 'you'.

Open hostility is not unlikely. Subtle subversion likewise. A complete replacement not unknown. The man who hears himself commenting on his life might simply have had his hearing misplaced among the Eternities… or may have invoked his Other Self, which now seeks to drive him to its ends. It was perhaps what most doomed the greater populace of the Zariman, the Other Self. The insanities by themselves could be dealt with, adapted to even; mnemonics and rituals were slowly being developed to isolate memories of Eternities, to lessen their grasp on the mind. But the Other Self? There was no defense against that, only gradual and begrudging retreat.

What's that? Does that mean that a Tenno like myself has invoked the Other Self? (Laughter) I suppose we have, at that. But then… well, I think I'll speak of the Massacre of Eternities at another time; it's a difficult topic for any Tenno."
If you haven't posted this one on the official Warframe forums you really should, It's really good.

Tennocon 2023 is live!

First off is a preview of DE's work in development, Soulframe. So far, they've shown combat, your base, and some armor customization, and are currently handling a dungeon.

Edit: Hydroid Rework, Companion Changes, and improved accessibility will all come in this year's October update, which will also release the next Warframe, Dagath (Dagoth?).

Oh, and CROSS SAVE IS DROPPING THIS YEAR!

Last edited:
...i
...what even?

loving the dark sector vibes but also.. what?

happy new year i guess

Last edited:
... waht the hell was that? That looks like Dark Sector. Or a Dark Sector sequel. But Dark Sector took place in 2008.

... would it be entirely weird if DE sorta... did a remake of Dark Sector at some point? Moving it further back, twisting some details, etc?

Because I can't imagine Warframe 1999 being a prequel to Dark Sector. The state of the world in that game is not one of a global bio-plague outbreak; the events in the game are how the plague *starts*.

They want to connect Warframe to it, and they want a Technocyte Y2K. A remake would make sense.

I have so many many questions.

But I feel like finding out the answers will be a fun trip, so I don't mind ^_^

While I digest lore implications and play with that aspect... Soulframe looks very nice, we're getting some fun updates... AND MY PIRATE BOI IS GETTING SOME LOVE.

I saw the CRT computer monitor and went "what the fuck", and then just kept repeating that as it kept going but with the "fuck" progressively longer and more drawn out.

I don't care about the hydroid rework myself, since I don't find him interesting and my God-Saryn is set up to do whatever high-level stuff, but I'm aware people have lamented Hydroid's kit for years, so it's a good thing finally done.

The new zone looks cool as heck, glad to see the game developing that bit of the narrative. There were quite a few jokes in twitch chatwhen the cutscenes were going about alternately Jotaro and Aiden Pierce, based on the hat and coat.

It feels like the Vessels were the big teaser they like to drop at the very end of something batshit...and then there was 1999 on top of that. So that was a thing. Looking forwards to see how it all plays out.

Warframe is free to play and leaves its rivals in the dust in terms of awe and WTF. And I say this as an avid fan of destiny who has bought all of the dlc for both games excluding that which has been vaulted.

I have so much to look forward to. Especially CROSS SAVE!

I saw the CRT computer monitor and went "what the fuck", and then just kept repeating that as it kept going but with the "fuck" progressively longer and more drawn out.
Know the feeling and Imma get back into teh game with this
Warframe is free to play and leaves its rivals in the dust in terms of awe and WTF. And I say this as an avid fan of destiny who has bought all of the dlc for both games excluding that which has been vaulted.

I have so much to look forward to. Especially CROSS SAVE!
fair point

When you think about it, it's only a fitting meta for a setting where "Infinite branching realities from any one decision point" is canon to apply as much to the setting itself when it went through various changes in development and publication.

There's something very disconcerting about Warframe material using external music :)

When you think about it, it's only a fitting meta for a setting where "Infinite branching realities from any one decision point" is canon to apply as much to the setting itself when it went through various changes in development and publication.
Like TFS has written "Multiverse Theory's a Bitch"
There's something very disconcerting about Warframe material using external music :)
Honestly, it's pretty much the first time it has happened, so it kinda makes sense

well that and the lyrics are you know extremely relevant

i'm not sure how obscure this part of the lore is but albrecht's whole deal is when he opened the void (he was the first) he met wally and ever since he was unsure if he is still himself. cf from the tennocon teaser "was it i who escaped? or the other?"

Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping away
Tried to save myself but myself keeps slipping

Talking to myself all the way to the station
Pictures in my head of the final destination
All lined up, all the ones that aren't allowed to stay
(etc)

(to find that lore ingame, go to deimos, in the operator room where the necraloid syndicate is. in the circle around the clock, you can interact with the requiem symbols and it plays a story)

Last edited:
(to find that lore ingame, go to deimos, in the operator room where the necraloid syndicate is. in the circle around the clock, you can interact with the requiem symbols and it plays a story)
Went there yesterday and I heard a loud Rap Tap Tap which going off the preview from TennoCon, Imma take as a teaser to the new quest

Reminder that we're about half-way through this year's Nights of Naberus. Which both has some new stuff and is a good excuse to get any last-minute grinding in for Warframe before the next major update / quest.

Don't forget to grab the Lua Nights Glyph!

Back