SV Warframe Thread #1: But I don't wanna go on the Solar Rail

So I wished I had realized this however long Warframe.market has had this function for:

Ducanator - Ducat to platinum pricing ratios

Every time Baro comes around, I take quite some time going through my Prime items inventory comparing ducat price with current platinum price (calculating ducat/plat) and judging which items are best to sell to people and which are better to trade for ducats.

No more.

This site does that same calculation automatically, and as far as I've checked seems pretty trustworthy.

Now whenever Baro comes around, I can just go to the ducat kiosk, check what I got and check this list (Ducats/Plat column) instead of having to calculate all that stuff.

Basically, everything that has a Ducats/Plat value of 5 an higher gets traded for Ducats. Everything with lower than 5 D/P value, gets saved for trading with other players for Plat.

There is only one more point of consideration; sets in Warframe are sold for more than the addition of their individual parts, so you might want to keep a part with high Ducat/Plat value instead of trading it for plat, if it lets you complete a set that has a low Ducat/Plat value. But you would have to check and calculate that set's ducat/plat value manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good party can help a fair bit as well of course. I would certainly be willing to clear a fair bit of the chart with a newer player.

TBH basic elemental mods are pretty garbage, one of my best weapons which I regularly take into Steel Path only uses one elemental mod (and no dual status/element either).
that depends entirely on the weapon in question. basic elements are powerful in many builds (and especially more roi for newer players) and dual stats are autoslot staples for most builds.

you could also build yourself a zephyr (prime or regular doesn't matter). she's excellent and sorely underrated,

A lot of people don't like the way floaty birb girl is floaty.

(De gustibus non est disputandum. I love Zephyr and she's my first pick when I'm not doing something I specifically want someone else for.)
Imagine needing to engage with platforming challenges at all, smh

(this post made by Zephyr Gang)

The problem the base ele mods have is cost. They are the best upgrade outside of base damage and multishot for a long while though, because they are adding more damage instead of increasing IPS by a percentage.

exactly. plus of course the procs and elemental bonuses are generally more useful (than impact and puncture at least).

and while they do have high capacity costs, they're lower on endo than a lot of other options you might otherwise have for that slot (and/or are easier to acquire), which is helpful early on.

plus you don't have to fiddle with banes (which while often best in slot are just annoying), plus you don't run into diminishing returns as quickly, etc.

Last edited:
Today I solo'd a steel Path orowyrm with a brak. (archguns were not spawning in properly)

Are there any 'frames, weapons, or mods I should be hunting down to make my life easier?

Corrupted mods.

Try using Caliban for the escourt, one of their abilities regens shields.

Get one of the healing arcanes from little duck

If you can buy any of the worthwhile arcanes from little duck (instead of plat trading), you are far beyond needing to hunt for first copies of corrupted mods. Vox rank 5 is way more effort. Vault runs just need Inaros and a sufficiently huge weapon to solo.

Last edited:
And Caliban requires farming Veil Proxima and the post-TNW bounties for the materials.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've progressed past the node I was stuck on (I suspect half of it was I was so used to the 'frame and weapon I was using for most of the star chart I was afraid to really branch out) and built myself the recommended kitgun, which is, uh, ridiculous. Got to farm up some rep so I can gild it (and make the upgraded version) and also got to farm up some credits so I can actually finish up all my mods instead of having them sit at like 8/10.

I also managed to get Vigilante Armaments to drop, which should make my multishots more multishot, so that's nice too.

(Also I think the Sedna boss grind is the second worst I've seen so far. It's no Mutalist Alad V, but it is very tedious.)

I also managed to get Vigilante Armaments to drop, which should make my multishots more multishot, so that's nice too.

Yesterday i noticed i never got the other saxum or jugulus set mods beyond the common ones, and I quickly realized that's because the drop chances are absurdly low. I've long ago accepted there are some things i'm never going to get in this game despite my often rabid completionism. This will have to be one of them i suppose.

Today i also wondered how one would go about rebuilding the game to reduce content island syndrome. I had to give up though. It was just too much content to go through. Still, i had a few ideas if anyone is interested.

Yesterday i noticed i never got the other saxum or jugulus set mods beyond the common ones, and I quickly realized that's because the drop chances are absurdly low. I've long ago accepted there are some things i'm never going to get in this game despite my often rabid completionism. This will have to be one of them i suppose.

Today i also wondered how one would go about rebuilding the game to reduce content island syndrome. I had to give up though. It was just too much content to go through. Still, i had a few ideas if anyone is interested.

Well, one significant step would probably be to consolidate a lot of the "island-specific currencies". For example, Lua Thrax Prisms (to take a recent example) are only useful to buy Voruna parts, parts of her weapons, a captura scene and a few arcanes at a single merchant (as far as I know). There's a few different paths that could be taken to do this.

The most straightforward would be to have a singular island currency. But the issue here is that players that have accumulated plenty of extra over the years could simply buy their way into new inventory items and bling and completely ignore the new content. Moreover, players will hunt for the most efficient currency farm island and pile that up and ignore the other islands. There could be a time-lock; that a new currency stays independent for a while and then turns into the generic currency - but that doesn't close this hole. Similar with other gimmicks.

So the problem is that you (the developer) want players to be incentivized to play the new content at least enough to appreciate the work you put into it, and perhaps continue to play the new content after they farmed the rewards. One way I think might work well to deal with the range of island currencies is to use two things already present in Warframe - a process and a currency; that is, blueprints and endo.

Let's take Voruna, Conjunction Survival and Lua Thrax Prisms as the example. The play content consists of a quest, two nodes with a new mission type variant and the same two nodes in Steel Path. In terms of rewards, aside from an assortment of materials and other more generic rewards, there's a frame, two weapons and four arcanes. You can get these either via drops, or can slowly accumulate Lua Thrax Prisms and buy whatever you didn't get directly; the latter is good, as it cuts away the frustration at the tail-end of the grind.

Let's say that there's a counter on how many waves of Conjunction Survival you do (either 1:1 or some kind of ratio to the difficult of the wave). Once you've done the equivalent of 20 minutes, you get an inbox message from Yonta - "I've dissected the fascinating Thrax Prisms you've acquired on Lua and learned how to break them down... into endo, strangely enough" - that contains an infinite blueprint that takes an hour to break down 10 Lua Thrax Prisms into 1000 endo (or whatever ratio makes sense). So now you can take any excess Prisms and turn them into something more generally useful.

Next, once you've done the equivalent of 40 minutes, you get a similar message accompanying a blueprint that takes 24 hours to construct 10 Lua Thrax Prisms from 1100 endo (or some amount 'worse' than the reverse). So now you can, given enough time (and endo) make as many Lua Thrax Prisms as you need.

I just did a Steel Path Circulum 20-minute run and receive a bit over 60 Lua Thrax Prisms - so if I enjoy or am neutral on Conjunction Survival, I can buy a 50-prism weapon part with a bit under a half-hour of gameplay I don't find tedious. Alternatively, if I'm sick of it, I could use the blueprint each day for five days and get that same weapon part without feeling frustrated with the game. Or, of course, if it's content that is more frustrating than not solo and nobody does it anymore.

So in this setup, endo acts as the go-between to, if it doesn't eliminate grind, at least allows your grind to be at whatever rock-face(s) you enjoy most.

Years back I had a similar complaint about generic resources - that once you built the various weapons and frames, you had virtually no use for all the bits and bobs you picked up. You couldn't even sell a lot of them for credits, in fact. But then they introduced "Audrey the Third" and you suddenly had a sink for a number of them. Unfortunately, there's some limit to that, leaving only a trickle from new frames and occasional experimentation with new abilities; I think there should be an option for Helminth to produce, say, an ayatan sculpture by draining capacity. Or a small booster like what you can do daily at 30+.

Finding a way to tie together all the events and islands in general a bit better I'm not confident about - especially with the quite ambitious "two ways to start playing" with Duviri content they're doing. It's at the point where it's easy for islands to slip out of mind and be completely forgotten about, so they need a spotlight to remind people.

Honestly, thinking about a few places where they do use a spotlight. Arbitrations and Archon Hunts both have a setup where on any given iteration and for any given individual, a frame and one or three weapons are buffed in effectiveness. What if they did a similar trick with different content-islands and rewards? Let's say that today for you Conjunction Survival mission nodes get +100% affinity, credits, drop chance and amount, while for me it's Syndicate missions and for Bob it's the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. Perhaps it's a standard boost, or perhaps like with Rivens the boost % is based on the inverse of popularity.

So a reminder that a given island exists and some incentive to revisit it for a period of time. Again, doesn't really solve the issue of the islands being, well, islands, but it helps some of the problems in the ocean around them.

(As an aside, I would also suggest taking the idea behind the Stratos emblem and make some similar cosmetic for each 'island' that has a unique mission variant - like what was done for Operation Scarlet Spear, or what happens with the Protovyre armor and syandana. That gives some ongoing 'progress' attached to the variant mission types.)

I would also add that since the vendors sell other things that the currencies have value for the other things the vendor sells. Otak is happy to have pieces of Citrine! It will remind him of Rania and Beleric forever and ever! And then you get a token. Bring them to cetus: interesting, interesting, I could maybe make some decorations with this, here, have some standing.

Zariman? The lua thrax plasm has some void energy they need to upkeep their forms/are novel research materials! Have some standing. Cetus? The Unum is intrigued.

Well, one significant step would probably be to consolidate a lot of the "island-specific currencies". For example, Lua Thrax Prisms (to take a recent example) are only useful to buy Voruna parts, parts of her weapons, a captura scene and a few arcanes at a single merchant (as far as I know). There's a few different paths that could be taken to do this.

The most straightforward would be to have a singular island currency. But the issue here is that players that have accumulated plenty of extra over the years could simply buy their way into new inventory items and bling and completely ignore the new content. Moreover, players will hunt for the most efficient currency farm island and pile that up and ignore the other islands. There could be a time-lock; that a new currency stays independent for a while and then turns into the generic currency - but that doesn't close this hole. Similar with other gimmicks.

So the problem is that you (the developer) want players to be incentivized to play the new content at least enough to appreciate the work you put into it, and perhaps continue to play the new content after they farmed the rewards. One way I think might work well to deal with the range of island currencies is to use two things already present in Warframe - a process and a currency; that is, blueprints and endo.

Let's take Voruna, Conjunction Survival and Lua Thrax Prisms as the example. The play content consists of a quest, two nodes with a new mission type variant and the same two nodes in Steel Path. In terms of rewards, aside from an assortment of materials and other more generic rewards, there's a frame, two weapons and four arcanes. You can get these either via drops, or can slowly accumulate Lua Thrax Prisms and buy whatever you didn't get directly; the latter is good, as it cuts away the frustration at the tail-end of the grind.

Let's say that there's a counter on how many waves of Conjunction Survival you do (either 1:1 or some kind of ratio to the difficult of the wave). Once you've done the equivalent of 20 minutes, you get an inbox message from Yonta - "I've dissected the fascinating Thrax Prisms you've acquired on Lua and learned how to break them down... into endo, strangely enough" - that contains an infinite blueprint that takes an hour to break down 10 Lua Thrax Prisms into 1000 endo (or whatever ratio makes sense). So now you can take any excess Prisms and turn them into something more generally useful.

Next, once you've done the equivalent of 40 minutes, you get a similar message accompanying a blueprint that takes 24 hours to construct 10 Lua Thrax Prisms from 1100 endo (or some amount 'worse' than the reverse). So now you can, given enough time (and endo) make as many Lua Thrax Prisms as you need.

I just did a Steel Path Circulum 20-minute run and receive a bit over 60 Lua Thrax Prisms - so if I enjoy or am neutral on Conjunction Survival, I can buy a 50-prism weapon part with a bit under a half-hour of gameplay I don't find tedious. Alternatively, if I'm sick of it, I could use the blueprint each day for five days and get that same weapon part without feeling frustrated with the game. Or, of course, if it's content that is more frustrating than not solo and nobody does it anymore.

So in this setup, endo acts as the go-between to, if it doesn't eliminate grind, at least allows your grind to be at whatever rock-face(s) you enjoy most.

Years back I had a similar complaint about generic resources - that once you built the various weapons and frames, you had virtually no use for all the bits and bobs you picked up. You couldn't even sell a lot of them for credits, in fact. But then they introduced "Audrey the Third" and you suddenly had a sink for a number of them. Unfortunately, there's some limit to that, leaving only a trickle from new frames and occasional experimentation with new abilities; I think there should be an option for Helminth to produce, say, an ayatan sculpture by draining capacity. Or a small booster like what you can do daily at 30+.

Finding a way to tie together all the events and islands in general a bit better I'm not confident about - especially with the quite ambitious "two ways to start playing" with Duviri content they're doing. It's at the point where it's easy for islands to slip out of mind and be completely forgotten about, so they need a spotlight to remind people.

Honestly, thinking about a few places where they do use a spotlight. Arbitrations and Archon Hunts both have a setup where on any given iteration and for any given individual, a frame and one or three weapons are buffed in effectiveness. What if they did a similar trick with different content-islands and rewards? Let's say that today for you Conjunction Survival mission nodes get +100% affinity, credits, drop chance and amount, while for me it's Syndicate missions and for Bob it's the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. Perhaps it's a standard boost, or perhaps like with Rivens the boost % is based on the inverse of popularity.

So a reminder that a given island exists and some incentive to revisit it for a period of time. Again, doesn't really solve the issue of the islands being, well, islands, but it helps some of the problems in the ocean around them.

(As an aside, I would also suggest taking the idea behind the Stratos emblem and make some similar cosmetic for each 'island' that has a unique mission variant - like what was done for Operation Scarlet Spear, or what happens with the Protovyre armor and syandana. That gives some ongoing 'progress' attached to the variant mission types.)

that's a monster of a post for my gripes but i like most of it. Honestly though, my issue is the same as what I think Brozime said about warframe is. It's a castle built on top of other castles, and to tie them all together would require a huge rebuild. 5 years ago it might've been less difficult, but now? There's just too much.

That said, if I were to start over, I would do another rebuild of the starchart. I still feel like the node model has not aged well, particularly with the advent of railjack, and the continuing adherence to it is keeping them from exploring all the creative options such gameplay might give them. I keep coming back to Scott's idea about having Railjack be more involved in the game and tying ground missions to railjack missions and vice versa.

Part of the issue is what I think should be an effort to sunset some junk content too. Like, DE were willing to get rid of raids, but nobody wants to close the Conclave or remove Lunaro, which absolutely nobody plays. Overall, it's the structure of the progression i take issue with I think. The current shape is such a bramble-covered mess that it's hard to imagine how it might be trimmed down to something more palatable. Maybe if DE were to adopt an Act structure like some ARPGs with new acts introducing new zones with unique elements? Act one would be Cetus, while Act 2 could be Fortuna, and Act 3 the recovery of Archwings, etc, etc…

I dunno, I've been playing since the start so I dunno why it bothers me that new players hve to wade thru so much dross to get to the future and fun bits.

Last edited:
Integrating Railjack in to the navigation system... let's see now...

Alright, let's set the scene with what we have now with a couple flourishes. We have the two divergent starting points - Drifter-side and Tenno-side; the former goes human-centric with warframes being introduced in, and the latter starts with the warframe and the lander and introduces the operator after. It's not really a symmetric and even arrangement, but it's an interesting charm point for the game.

Let's say Digital Extremes goes ahead and puts something from the end of the Duviri Paradox as the trigger for the Tenno waking up (just as *SPOILER* gave the Drifter a way to break free), just to complete the circle of each jump-starting the other's journey. I don't think they do it now, but they really should

At any point, of course, the player can "switch" between the two after "The Duviri Paradox" and "Vor's Prize" respectively (as they do now). Once both paths have advanced to the right point ("The New War"), they merge together and you can switch each with the other in their 'paths' (ie, Drifter navigating the Warframe, the Tenno in Duviri).

So how to integrate Railjack in to this? Most other MMORPGs start with traveling the scenic route and then give you fast travel options as a prize - something Warframe gives the player from the start. So doing the reverse in Warframe and trying to award scenic travel as a prize is... not going to be terribly popular.

Let's take a look at something they once showed off at TennoCon, and which was used a bit in Scarlet Spear (which was actually rather interesting) - space-ground squad coordination. Let's just assume (for now) that players have a decent enough gameplay incentive to be flying around doing freeform gameplay in a Railjack - some enjoyable space combat, impromptu encounters with vessels to board and other events, whatever would lead to picking being here rather than in the Orbiter selecting missions. Then an alert pops up; a squad of allies needs help.

The trigger for this might be manual - throw down a beacon that acts as the trigger. It might also happen if the squad hit some level of criteria of "mission is in trouble" (going down a lot, taking a lot of damage, life support getting low, etc). If the Railjack pilot accepts it, then they have some way to provide remote assistance (taking down enemy fighters for small life support capsules to collect and send to the ground squad, for example, a target strike on a cluster of enemies, doing some task that gives them extra revives, crewman NPCs, etc). The Railjack pilot, at either mission success or at the award intervals of an endless mission, can dip out and move on with their own rewards.

For mission-level rewards (relics, etc), they get the same thing the ground squad would. For individual-level pickups, they get a sampling of the things the ground-squad members got (replicas, not stolen), plus whatever pickups they get from their own work, and then they move on.

I think you'd need that kind of approach for Railjack to come into its own in this context - very improvised encounters, impromptu team-ups when up to four Railjack pilots enter the same encounter with Grineer or Corpus ships and so on.

nobody wants to close the Conclave or remove Lunaro, which absolutely nobody plays.
Hidden in the launcher is dedicated server functions for these. Presumably the two hands worth of people who do play conclave or lunaro just run their own.

Also, we had railjack integration in an old tennocon trailer. This become scarlet spear. Which was two game modes kludged together with one of the least stable relays ever.

Last edited:
Hidden in the launcher is dedicated server functions for these. Presumably the two hands worth of people who do play conclave or lunaro just run their own.

Also, we had railjack integration in an old tennocon trailer. This become scarlet spear. Which was two game modes kludged together with one of the least stable relays ever.

I know, which is why I said to get it right you'd need to totally revisit the progression experience entirely. Alas, to get everything they wanted into a cohesive state, you'd need to start essentially from scratch. :/

IMO Railjack works fine as something you do between normal Missions.
The mistake they made was not turn that into a Duviri-Style Endless Mission.
If we had the option to do one Railjack Mission (whether with a ground element or not), and then get yeeted into another random one for additional rewards, that would work well.
It would work diegetically (it makes sense to do that in the depths of space), and it'd play to the strenghts of Railjack.

We wouldn't even need a new Rewards System for it - we could just use Sisters of Parvos/Kuva Liches.
That way, the more missions you do in a row, the more Clues you uncover, incentivising people to stay longer.

It might also be possible to throw in Duviri-style Boons, to turn this into a Roguelike Mode - which plays quite well to the strengths of Warframe.

AFAIK, most Conclave isn't actually played through the matchmaking... but the people who do play Conclave spend like 90%+ of their time with Warframe playing Conclave.

It might also be possible to throw in Duviri-style Boons, to turn this into a Roguelike Mode - which plays quite well to the strengths of Warframe.

Yeah; a Decree-like system would encourage continual play; I'd suggest giving them a 24-hour duration like Argon has, both to allow for broken-up gameplay (so you might go off and do something else in the game - or out of it - and then come back) and to give it a bit different flavor. You'd want to incorporate them into the Railjack Intrinsics (like Duviri does).

Intrinsics, incidentally, as are the Affinity of these alternate modes (Railjack, Duviri) there probably should be a use for them once you cap everything out - like Affinity has with faction Standing.

The 'encounters' for Railjack would probably be better served as longer-duration than the Duviri ones - again, to distinguish the flavors of the two and to mesh with that "ground assistance" from my earlier post. So at that point you have:
  1. Standard Mode, where you pick exactly what mission you want to do.
  2. Open World Mode (Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, Cambion Drift, Railjack) where you go around finding loot and fightng stray enemies.
  3. Impromptu mini-encounters (Duviri), which are unpredictable but short and a bit relaxed.
  4. Bounties (Plains, Vallis, Deimos), which are a game-selected sequence of medium duration missions.
  5. Railjack Encounters, which are impromptu like #3, but are standard duration like #1.

One of the big things that I would do to reduce content islanding, is to add in mercy pools, and streamline old content into one or more of those pools. So, for example, all the stuff you get from deimos, you should also be able to buy from Grandmother's Curiosities shop. Same thing with the other open worlds, where you have some combination of effectively mercy options that require you to do a variety of content, but allow you to ensure that you get all of the items, rather than needing to grind out a lot for that one last piece that you need. For a lot of the random drops, give me a vendor on the relays that lets me convert say three frost chasses into a frost neuroptics, because I am getting a lot of chasses, and none of the part I am needing.

That basically what the lua thrax plasm and the crystal shops are for voruna & citrine's drop pools. You can get all their drops from conjuction survival/mirror defence respectively, or you can buy them from the shops instead with the resource.

We wouldn't even need a new Rewards System for it - we could just use Sisters of Parvos/Kuva Liches.

I really like this idea and it also solves a problem i have with one of the other neglected and painful systems of warframe, which is the lich system. It has NOT aged well frankly, and anythinh to make it less grueling and more relevant would be welcome.

A snippet of something I typed out after having a thought or two on a drive regarding just what happened on the Zariman.

"Sometimes… the mechanisms would have a hiccup, or a shift in the Void would take a moment to be adapted to. A rift might form; those near it could be exposed for a moment to the terrors then familiar to nearly everyone by then. There'd be security checks then, of course; there was never any guarantee that someone who'd held fast so far wouldn't succumb to one form or another of madness, of perception disassociated across the Eternities or of certainties shattered.

And then sometimes there were differences in those exposed others could see. A man who had a scar down his right cheek might instead have one down his left. Someone who was left-handed might now prefer using their right hand, and insist they'd always had. A mole may disappear from one part of the body only to be found on another. Often these changes were symmetrical, but not always. Those so changed would usually insist that they were the same person, that any changes had always been there - sometimes they would insist that everyone else was different. Others would look no different but claim that others were imposters.

The officers thought that all of these were cases of some replica, some mimicking entity replacing or subsuming a victim. Usually, to be safe, those so inflicted were confined… or simply disappeared without any public statement…

… the Other Self, as we Tenno came to call it. Beyond the Wall of Lohk, where Jahu and Khra are wispy and pale… bare exposure… the truth of existing in the Void… it's enough for a "you" to will-have-always existed. A "you" that, while as much you as anything in the Eternities might be, is at the same time not-you in a way impossible to define, not part of the overall being described in the theory of Eternalism. Not part of what we might consider 'reality'. In a layer of being so fundamental that we simply cannot grasp, it is in tension to 'you' and to everything connected to 'you'.

Open hostility is not unlikely. Subtle subversion likewise. A complete replacement not unknown. The man who hears himself commenting on his life might simply have had his hearing misplaced among the Eternities… or may have invoked his Other Self, which now seeks to drive him to its ends. It was perhaps what most doomed the greater populace of the Zariman, the Other Self. The insanities by themselves could be dealt with, adapted to even; mnemonics and rituals were slowly being developed to isolate memories of Eternities, to lessen their grasp on the mind. But the Other Self? There was no defense against that, only gradual and begrudging retreat.

What's that? Does that mean that a Tenno like myself has invoked the Other Self? (Laughter) I suppose we have, at that. But then… well, I think I'll speak of the Massacre of Eternities at another time; it's a difficult topic for any Tenno."

Back