SV Warframe Thread #1: But I don't wanna go on the Solar Rail

So I wished I had realized this however long Warframe.market has had this function for:

Ducanator - Ducat to platinum pricing ratios

Every time Baro comes around, I take quite some time going through my Prime items inventory comparing ducat price with current platinum price (calculating ducat/plat) and judging which items are best to sell to people and which are better to trade for ducats.

No more.

This site does that same calculation automatically, and as far as I've checked seems pretty trustworthy.

Now whenever Baro comes around, I can just go to the ducat kiosk, check what I got and check this list (Ducats/Plat column) instead of having to calculate all that stuff.

Basically, everything that has a Ducats/Plat value of 5 an higher gets traded for Ducats. Everything with lower than 5 D/P value, gets saved for trading with other players for Plat.

There is only one more point of consideration; sets in Warframe are sold for more than the addition of their individual parts, so you might want to keep a part with high Ducat/Plat value instead of trading it for plat, if it lets you complete a set that has a low Ducat/Plat value. But you would have to check and calculate that set's ducat/plat value manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unholy frick there are so many QoL changes with this update.

Improvements to shield gating, permanent enemy radar, directional indicator for conservation targets, immortal companions, auto-melee, incarnon trait changes in the arsenal...

Not complaining about the new frame or anything, but somewhat overshadowed by these improvements tbh.

They'd had five workshop posts from the most recent devstream, and they are all here. The download size is deceptively small compared to cramming all that into one update notes.

forums.warframe.com

LIVE NOW: CROSS PLATFORM FRIENDS & CLANS/ALLIANCES

Tenno, Cross Platform Play Clans/Alliances and Cross Platform Friends is live! You can now invite Tenno and/or join a Clan/Alliance and Add Friends from another Platforms. In order to do so, you must have Cross Platform Play enabled (System Options → Toggle on Cross Platform Play). Read on to lea...

Tenno unite! Unite across the Void and Platforms!

Of course, we now can see a glimpse of the greatest power of all~

Tru wuv~ or basic human decency, or a blend of both I suppose. Did like how the ending had a fakeout of what looked like us getting ready to use a beam attack was actually us being super-empaths instead to save the day.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Whispers in the Walls

They got me with the old man yaoi, I was genuinely invested in the eons-old fallout of Albrecht Entrati leaving his boyfriend in the future while he went to hang out with the cool kids in 1999. So obviously the Power of Love ending worked on me. It worked back in the Excalibur Umbra quest too.

I wish they'd give the Operator and/or Drifter more to say. Feels a little odd, too, since the evil doppelganger had tons to say, and I like it when the operator has banter. I realize that the Operators are controversial, but I deeply enjoy that there's a demon child in each warframe and I like when my Operator shows up.

Love that the Cavia composition is fish who thinks he's better than you, idiot bird, and the most depressed cat in history. They're a great syndicate.

I'm kind of annoyed they're going with "evil man in the wall" and that I can't side with my sleep paralysis demon. Like, come on, sure it's basically Cthulhu, but it's automatically better than an Orokin since, well, Orokin. Also, in the earlier quests, before the team change, tMitW was more ambivalent. Like sure, he was sinister as fuck, but also he comforted you after the Sacrifice and it didn't feel like manipulation? An eldritch being for sure, but not an actively hostile one.

Given they're supposed to be a reflection of whoever they met, it makes sense that Wallbrecht is an asshole, but why is our evil twin all "muhahaha I'm gonna kill the Lotus or something". Do... do we want to do that?

Also, everything happened a bit fast and randomly, but that's always the case with the recent cinematic quests so meh.

Loid is delightful. So much petty spite in all his dialogues.

Not a fan of the fish, though.

he comforted you after the Sacrifice and it didn't feel like manipulation
the actual conversation goes

wally: feelin' better, kiddo?
op: i killed him.. isaah.
wally: did you, now? is that how you remember it?
op: yes.
wally: good.

i would not describe that as comforting without manipulation.

they're not merely a reflection of whoever they meet1; while they appear to those they meet as a doppelganger, they very explicitly come into things with their own preexisting agenda (seemingly to break into reality).

while previously this was more a "malevolent trickster god" type deal, as the story has moved to dealing with them directly it's become a "eldritch personified primordial force of nature" type deal. but the man in the wall has always been treated as hostile by the narrative, including notably chains of harrow, before the sacrifice. i don't think "ambivalent" has ever really been accurate when we're literally introduced to it as a horror movie demon type antagonist (not counting the small teaser at the end of war within).

1: sidenote - there is a void phenomenon that is a reflection of people, but that's not the man in the wall - that's conceptual embodiment, ie the paradox that pseudoresurrected the holdfasts on the zariman (and skittergirl). the man in the wall seems to interact with these manifestations, by attempting to corrupt them through the void song (creating the angels) and directing them to attack the membrane between the void and reality, but the manifestations are not themselves the man in the wall.

_____

i liked the quest, but i am a bit annoyed that neither the operator nor ordis nor the lotus had anything to say during it; i feel that it may have given us a bit more substance to the interactions. i do like the fish, but bird 3 is the absolute best, love that guy. new tileset is fantastic. haven't gotten around to doing the hardmode bossfight for the bonus cosmetic yet.

did whispers in the wall, I'm... overall kinda meh on it?

Had a but of a hard time getting invested in the Gay Space Uncle's ancient relationship drama, particularly because uh, Loid is kinda hard to like. And unfortunately, that is it, that is the quest. The actual story progression outside that can be summed up as "1999 Soon™", and that felt unsatisfying. Hell, I would have settled for someone explaining the Vessels, which are all over the place and apparently important, but don't even get the barest half-ass of an explanation, just "oh yeah Alby never finished them".

The tileset is cool, the actual quest itself was fine gameplay wise, but I tried bounties and they were a lot more of a drag.

The Grimoire is like, fine. I'd rather have my tenet cycron most the time, but it functions adequately.

I feel super bad for Raxfer, goddamn. Poor guy.

Well, we've tested the new Focus Radon mod a bunch, and it is fantastic for light-heavy melee builds (ones where you build up combo counter via light attacks, then use heavy attacks).

Combine it with Focus Energy and you get 80% Heavy Attack Efficiency. Alternatively, you can use a Riven Mod that provides Heavy Attack Efficiency.
The difference to Reflex Coil is quite notable - you'll notice the amount of time to regain combo counter, or loss in damage dropoff.
Also, Focus Energy provides Electricity Damage (and potentially procs) for Melee Influence.

It also makes Tennokai much more usable IME.
Tennokai asks you to go light-heavy hybrid after all, but IME it's quite possible to mistime it's window. Opportunity's Reach helps there, and the Reach it provides is certainly useful, but we prefer either Disciple's Merit (which also helps, because it provides a nice rythm) or Dreamer's Wrath. And it doesn't help against accidentally pressing heavy attack twice either.

Or build on a bunch of melee weapons now:
  • Primed Pressure Point
  • Sacrificial Steel
  • Amalgam Organ Shatter
  • Blood Rush
  • Focus Radon
  • Focus Energy or a Riven with Heavy Attack Efficiency
  • Gladiator Might
  • Life Strike for survivability
  • Tennokai Mod of choice
  • Arcane: either Melee Fortification (for survivability) or Melee Animosity (for pure damage) or Melee Influence (for AoE damage)
Some builds vary - we're experimenting with Weeping Wounds for example, which has proven very valuable on our Bo Prime due to the Bleed on Impact Proc it has, and between the constant Impact and AoE Electricity Procs it is extremely good at stunlocking enemies (which only matters in high-level Steel Path, but still).

sadly hybrid builds (and as a result tennokai generally really) just aren't all that useful in the higher end missions compared to other available options. like they'll do fine, but they're just soundly outcompeted by the glaive prime or the xoris or going all heavy on the ceramic dagger incarnon and such. (plus of course melee other than glaive being generally behind ranged due to how aoe-focused things are at the moment).

Melee Animosity (for pure damage)
melee animosity is not as good as people seem to think. firstly, it factors in the calculations the same way a crit mod does (ie it's not flat/final crit), so it's less crit increase at max stacks than sacrificial steel is. secondly, you only get that increase for the one heavy attack each time and then have to build it up again.

for damage increase, you're much better served running melee exposure, which adds up to 240% corrosive on all melee attacks just for casting abilities regularly. this is significantly more added damage than a primed element mod (165%), and (combined with being on every hit) is thus far more overall dps increase than animosity. even melee retaliation is better for adding damage than animosity on some frames.

it is extremely good at stunlocking enemies (which only matters in high-level Steel Path, but still).
honestly even at high level steel path you really don't really need to stunlock, at this point we have enough damage for "the best form of crowd control is death" to apply to basically everything. if you for some reason really want to do eight-hour survivals or something, sure it'll make your life easier, but even then still isn't really necessary, and besides things like that, meh.

however, the spreading status procs thing with melee influence is very good still - not because of stuns but because of the hilarious degrees of damage you can throw out. the xoris in particular is hilarious with it - with a set of melee influence, the normal glaive heavy throw build will wipe out entire rooms all the way through the end of steel path with one or two throws. (this works through the xoris always forcing an electric proc on heavy throw regardless of modded elements the same way the glaive prime forces slash procs). there's also a very funny (but high investment) saryn build you can make with that arcane, green shards, and the dual ichor incarnon.

for damage increase, you're much better served running melee exposure, which adds up to 240% corrosive on all melee attacks just for casting abilities regularly. this is significantly more added damage than a primed element mod (165%), and (combined with being on every hit) is thus far more overall dps increase than animosity. even melee retaliation is better for adding damage than animosity on some frames.

I admit I've gotten a bit lazy about slotting in arcanes lately, and my boy Hydroid could certainly use Arcane Exposure. I'd been thinking about switching his melee element spread from my standard viral+heat to corrosive, corrosive+heat or corrosive+cold, but if I can stack on corrosive through an arcane then there's no need to switch over.

Am I the only one who's waiting for the tweaks to the fused shards to stop before investing seriously in them? And I want to see what happens with the sentinal weapons before investing there too. (I went without weapons to increase sentinal survival)

I receny saw a video on an unkillable speedva build using the argonak. I have an argonak riven, what would be good on it?

I also have a boar riven so good that with the right incarnon evolutions it causes my game to glitch--I get one shot off and then I can't fire weapons for a few seconds or deals NO damage in incarnon mode.

8.1 crit multiplier is a hell of a drug.

Honestly, I'm posting here, so I might as well make some riven inqueries. (I am so tired all the time, thinking is hard)

Gunsen worth rolling into something? Good Probiscus Cernos roven stats? Sporothrix? Miter?

How mich can I sell an akarius riven for with the prome coming out, and what would you like on it?

Am I the only one who's waiting for the tweaks to the fused shards to stop before investing seriously in them? And I want to see what happens with the sentinal weapons before investing there too. (I went without weapons to increase sentinal survival)
They seem good enough to us? Provided that you have enough Shards to spend some on fusion, but Netracells are an easy source of additional shards nowadays.
Sure, they're more specialized, but that's okay?

You'd typically take 10(15)% Ability Strength over 10(15)% Ability Damage from a specific element, though the latter should scale better, and for a specific frame (Volt or Quorvex or Saryn etc.) why not take them if that's the case?

The extra health/healing/shield restore can be part of a build if you run specific weapons or have fitting abilities, and seem quite useful.

Getting an Equilibrium-effect without having to spend a mod-slot for it is actually quite good.

Increasing max stacks of Corrosion can allow for full armor stripping through status effects.

They seem good enough to us? Provided that you have enough Shards to spend some on fusion, but Netracells are an easy source of additional shards nowadays.
Sure, they're more specialized, but that's okay?

No, I mean it feels like DE is still tweakinng them a bit. Like topaz blast shield effect can no longer circumvent recharge delay.

I can think of some nice uses for them (though I am disapointed at magnetic status being skipped over it looks like), but I feel like I should wait to make sure the tweaks have mostly stopped.

I trust DE to do mostly right by us, I just remain unconvinced that the nerf bat has been mostly put down.

Increasing max stacks of Corrosion can allow for full armor stripping through status effects.

Just makes me wish I could put them on my kuva kohm instead, tbh.

So, my IRL game group got me into Warframe, one thing led to another which led to me discovering what Kuva Liches are the hard way, and now I'm being told I should request an invite to Platinum Ouroboros.

Back