Solo Pokemon Quest: Closed to New Players

How much back and forth posting are we aiming for? Is talking a free action, or should we be feeling the pressure to act?

Apologies on the delay, at first I was taking the initial strategy of waiting for Jaden first again, having completely missed that there's only a write-in spot for Lee, and then I just let writing something get away from me.

The volcano is no longer actively erupting, though what lava it did release is not yet done flowing. Minor tremors have also started to shake the area

How much, if anything, of Lee's thoughts is Jaden picking up?
Reading human minds hasn't been something I've thought much about, of Jaden's psychic shenanigans. Maybe roll a die or something? I dunno.

Jaden taught himself first to block people out, and Sam works as a pretty good psychic shield on top of that. If he's checking it out, he would tell that Lee is concerned about what's causing the eruption, but he would have to actively look to discern the thoughts

Makes a lot of sense. I think Jaden will interpret reading stranger's minds as rather a rude, if not always hostile thing. I should probably go back and reread some of the formative chapters on Jaden's powers, in case I've confused my expectations with my character's expecations

Jaden is quite the sensitive psychic: before he partnered with Sam he could NOT block people out, so I don't really see him choosing to pry for no reason

Adding to the irony, I don't know if @Tascion was waiting for me since despite Lee 'knowing what he's doing' I'm actually kind of following Jaden's lead just a little bit since Jaden is the one with an actual pre-existing connection to Groudon and the one that Groudon actually recognizes.

Jaden is waiting on Lee, as Lee is the one wanting to be here

My vote is going to be someone like:

Keep watching what Lee is doing. If Lee looks like he no longer knows what he's doing, pull everybody out and tell the dreamer that going back to sleep is fine

Yeah that's fine
Juggling two independent narratives occuring in the same location, even as they sometimes overlap or not, does sensibly need to shift around a bit.

My only question right now is how much of what Lee said to Kate and Jasper did Jaden overhear?

Keeping track of what Jaden knows is the largest of my minor concerns.

My only question right now is how much of what Lee said to Kate and Jasper did Jaden overhear?

Keeping track of what Jaden knows is the largest of my minor concerns.

Given that my previous action explicitly included "Wait for Jaden to continue on his carefree way", my personal opinion is that I think that the safe answer is that Jaden hasn't heard anything of what Lee has said to Jasper and Kate other than what was said immediately following the end of their Groudon encounter, which mostly just consists of Lee saying that the 'dreamer' is Groudon.

Makes sense, and is a sensible choice for me Lee in my opinion.

I just don't want to get tripped up. Metagaming can have its place in RPGs, but in such cases I generally prefer it to be intentional. I'm reading your posts for your story, after all, and posting for my mine in the same thread.

@Blacksheep Question about the Maze/Roller Coaster - is it required to use the same Pokemon for that that will be used for the main Gym Challenge (Two Pokemon total between the entry challenge and the battle itself); and will whatever Pokemon are used for the entry be given an opportunity to be healed & recharged before the actual battle itself?

You can use a different pokemon for the maze or roller coaster. They won't need healing or recharging, it's just a fun thing like a carnival ride

I was originally going to do a flat open field, but I decided that random spires places throughout the arena would be funner for bouncing off of, what think?

Back