Sketch Makes Her Own Warhammers (WARNING: IMAGES!)

death korps sergeant/first time ever using varnishes?!?

PAX East at the end of March is my next convention, and while primarily video games there's usually a table or two for warhammer, so im gonna bring my guys. atop that, there's a cool local game shop my friend goes to and i'd love to try and do a game there if i can.

point is, i got a little less than two months to get as much painted up as i can. here's me making some progress on that in the form of a Death Korps Sergeant proxy, which is also my first ever experiments with varnishes. They're cool as heck and I'm going to use them a lot more!

goal for the con: 20 infantry, command squad, a mortar squad and a sentinel, plus whatever else cool shit i can manage

-

Not sure why I immediately thought of that image, but I couldn't get the comparison out of my head. If nothing else it's a fun change from the usual shouting or stoic glaring.

i have a lot of fun coming up with different facial expressions, and my painting skills are slowly catching up. i think my favourite so far is that one of the members of the bayonet charging squad is quite clearly scared shitless of whatever it is he's running at bayonet-first, which'll be fun to paint!

First Completed Squad - Mortar Teams!

Well, it took a while, but here we are. The first completed legal unit of the army, a Heavy Weapons Team with mortars. My favourite part is the object source lighting on the hand partially covering the mortar's targeting sensor; i used an orange shade simulate the light between her fingers.

Also using a lightbox to take a picture of them, a thing im not used to doing. look at those colours pop wow.

Last edited:

Well, it took a while, but here we are. The first completed legal unit of the army, a Heavy Weapons Team with mortars. My favourite part is the object source lighting on the hand partially covering the mortar's targeting sensor; i used an orange shade simulate the light between her fingers.

Also using a lightbox to take a picture of them, a thing im not used to doing. look at those colours pop wow.
The images are broken.

Back