To make this game of political marriages even more interesting, it will not just be you that outside forces will be targeting for marriage. As your organization gets to be more well known and larger, you can expect potential spouses to try to get into the pants of your staff members and marry them. Your researchers and your senior military leaders would be big targets, although they might settle for someone smaller or in other departments...

I'm still debating to myself if I should include a (political) marriage mechanic in this quest. On one hand, it is more complexity and many things can go wrong, especially with romance mechanics in general. On the other hand, it is a logical conclusion on what consequences your fame will bring, it'll make things interesting, and I worry that it will break the suspension of disbelief if you get all of this fame and power and not a single noble proposed to you. Decisions, decisions...

You have a bunch of science nerds in a world where bunny girls are a thing, I expect some marriages to happen. I also except at least a held the major research teams to marry in house.

To make this game of political marriages even more interesting, it will not just be you that outside forces will be targeting for marriage. As your organization gets to be more well known and larger, you can expect potential spouses to try to get into the pants of your staff members and marry them. Your researchers and your senior military leaders would be big targets, although they might settle for someone smaller or in other departments...

I'm still debating to myself if I should include a (political) marriage mechanic in this quest. On one hand, it is more complexity and many things can go wrong, especially with romance mechanics in general. On the other hand, it is a logical conclusion on what consequences your fame will bring, it'll make things interesting, and I worry that it will break the suspension of disbelief if you get all of this fame and power and not a single noble proposed to you. Decisions, decisions...
Well we colud put it on a vote?

1)we dicide only for our political marriage and the others are free to marry for love, no deal

2)we dicide for all marriages

3)no political marriages, only for love

Something like this? It wolud help?

Well we colud put it on a vote?

1)we dicide only for our political marriage and the others are free to marry for love, no deal

Something like this? It wolud help?
There will be a vote on this issue eventually, once I sufficiently developed the mechanics. That would be later in the game and I will make sure that the decision fits into the story.

With regards to marrying for love, that is indeed the ideal in our eyes, but it also carries a few risks too. I am still developing the mechanics and more details would be forthcoming as the ideas stew in my head and notebooks.

Could you clarify the statement? The wording is a bit awkward.
I meant half, phone typo

With regards to marrying for love, that is indeed the ideal in our eyes, but it also carries a few risks too. I am still developing the mechanics and more details would be forthcoming as the ideas stew in my head and notebooks.
Trying to choose so many marriages would drive everyone crazy, we just need set up a way to background check anyone dating outside the foundation, and maybe a school for any kids

Like I said, this marriage thing is going to be something in development for a while, so don't expect it to materialize for a while. Although you all are more than welcome to brainstorm about the idea. It will help me refine the idea and mechanics even more.

Like I said, this marriage thing is going to be something in development for a while, so don't expect it to materialize for a while. Although you all are more than welcome to brainstorm about the idea. It will help me refine the idea and mechanics even more.
Before anything else, how do you feel about writing romance?
Next, for everyone else, do we want to romance or arrange something for more political power

Oh ok, so maybe Courtship? It volud like classical Courtship or is different here?

As a mechanics guy (why do you think I kinda became our tactician?) I will say this: unless there are plans to add a loyalty mechanic all the way up to the national level and all the way down to the individual level (yuck one more thing to juggle), political and relational marriages probably should be more narrative-oriented.

Being more narrative oriented, that makes it easier for everyone to figure out. Conservation of detail says it won't come up unless it's important and if it's important to the narrative we should vote on it.
The small people (I.e. researcher number 4) won't even come up. So they can do what they like, probably. We set up some kind of "don't get into stuff until you know what different gestures mean"--watch the Firefly episode with Saffron (Our Mrs. Reynolds, and it comes up in the first few minutes) if you don't know what I mean-- and everything should be fine.

Last edited:
Switching topics to something more mundane, I have updated turn 12 to include an option to hire a Diplomacy adviser and I have reformatted the sabotage action against Xelma's expedition into the desert into a mini-turn.

The condensing of the turns is taking place, but I have a feeling that it will take place starting on turn 13 when many obsolete options are removed, new options are added, and plenty of re-writing to reflect the "new" chapter you all are heading into...

EDIT:

Chat with Jennifer about the question we had about statue / summons loyalty (and if they could make suitable intrigue agents)
Correct me if I am wrong, but are you asking the mage if there are statues or summons that could make good spies or assassins?

Last edited:
[] Help Wanted, Advice in Diplomacy: As your fame and influence grows, so does the need to balance the many complex relationships you have established and beginning to establish. It is gotten to the point that you would require an expert on staff to help you navigate and move about this tangled web of politics and potential drama you have on your hands. Why not you go look around for one?
Chance of Success: 50% Cost: 30. Reward: An Intrigue Adviser.
So this gives us an intrigue advisor?

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you asking the mage if there are statues or summons that could make good spies or assassins?
About how their loyalty works. If it could meddled with. And if it can't be messed with and remains loyal to us?
If they know of something that can do spywork. Sabotage. Theft. Killing when needed.

Adhoc vote count started by dnzrx on Aug 23, 2020 at 7:22 PM, finished with 65 posts and 4 votes.

• [X] Plan End the War Ver.2
    -[X] Combat Action – Xelmian Invasion (Free Action)
    -[X] Pyromania
    -[X] Heavily-Armored Warfare
    -[X] Diplomacy Adviser (name TBD)
    —[X] Joan
    -[X] Festive-Opportunity (Time-Sensitive)
    --[X] Battlefield Salvage Shop
    -[X] Help Wanted, The Red-Eyed-Monster
    -[X] Sabotage Action – Xelma's Invasion (Free Action)
    -[X] Counter-Intelligence Actions (free action)
    --[X] 2 Basic Agents, 2 Veteran Agents, 2 Tricksters, Red Knives Bunny-Assassins
    -[X] Reinvent the Wheel
    --[X] Robotics I
    -[X] Leofarinian Army Request - Military Research
    --[X] Better Melee Weapon Designs
    -[X] Help Wanted, Someone Pious
    -[X] Chatting with people
    --[X] Jennifer, Head Mage of the Enlightened Torch Mages group.
    ---[X] Loyalty of summons and statues, is it set in stone or can it be affected? If it cannot, has there been a shadow agent summon or statue that might be worth investigating or training?
    -[X] A Dinner In Your Honor (Time Sensitive, Free Action)

I'm not closing votes, I am just taking a tally and writing down the ideas that has been just discussed here.

quick question I just thought of, what are the materials most of the people's clothing made out of? cotton would be hard for most commoners to get with their tech unless someone has already invented a cotton gin. We do have a tailor shop and good way to separate cotton would let us make a lot of cash with cotton

Just an idea, we really need something to do research project about this world. More benefits or pressing needs or something. Just a suggestion since just recreating modern tech (so easily too) feel a little bland to me. Like, maybe we can combine knowledge about modern industry and animated statue (once we can research them) to create an automated improvised factory with reduced manpower need, or maybe just modern knowledge about plant breeding so we won't need to eat medieval standard of fruits and veggies (they sucks).

Animated statues doing things that would be too dangerous for flesh and blood would mean fewer OSHA violations, and I like not having OSHA violations in my medieval fantasy. Feels nice.

There world might have magic, but it still isn't as easy to mass produce as regular tech. Magic probably has tech beat one on one, but for wide spread use modern tech is king

quick question I just thought of, what are the materials most of the people's clothing made out of? cotton would be hard for most commoners to get with their tech unless someone has already invented a cotton gin. We do have a tailor shop and good way to separate cotton would let us make a lot of cash with cotton

The textile of choice for practically everyone except for the elite of the elite is linen and wool. Leather is also common. Silks is practically reserved for nobility and royalty. Cotton is expensive, but not really uncommon since there are dedicated plantations within Leofarinia and some independent civilizations within the Stormy Sands Desert. There is even a Warren within the Desert dedicated to cotton.

It was noted that cotton was expensive because of the extensive labor that was put into the cloth. If it could simplified, then prices will drop and cotton can become a textile of choice. The cotton gin will be a good start to look into and you do have plans for an automated loom and spinning wheel...

On a related note: it seems that Leofarinia's plundering of the underground mall has two effects on local fashion. First, the more modern and futuristic styles of clothing from the mall has wormed itself into the fashion senses of the nobility and royalty as many of them started to wear the plundered clothing and adopted the ideas. This has an effect that the current fashion trends look like an interesting blend of modern and medieval fantasy concepts that pushes the envelope on what fashion designers can imagine and do.

Second, with the large influx of cotton clothing within the elite circles, cotton has somewhat fallen in value as a luxurious cloth worthy of the elite, forcing them to look around for another luxurious cloth to invest in. They found it in spandex. The comfortable, stretchy, and surprisingly durable cloth that is nigh-impossible to reproduce has found a new home as the cloth of choice for the elite of Leofarinia as the nobility and royalty were quite swift to adopt them, replacing other cloths in certain niches, even though there quite a few articles that are in gaudy colors...

Just an idea, we really need something to do research project about this world. More benefits or pressing needs or something. Just a suggestion since just recreating modern tech (so easily too) feel a little bland to me. Like, maybe we can combine knowledge about modern industry and animated statue (once we can research them) to create an automated improvised factory with reduced manpower need, or maybe just modern knowledge about plant breeding so we won't need to eat medieval standard of fruits and veggies (they sucks).

More ideas for me to write down and develop in my notes. Thanks.

I wouldn't by surprised if tracksuits had been adopted as the nobility's fashion of choice. Synthetic fabrics, full-body coverage and bright colors. All they'd need to do is take to squatting on everything.

Back