RP Player Recruitment Thread

Can we recruit for offsite games?

Like say:
startplaying.games

Play Thirsty Sword Lesbians Online | The Shieldmaids of Fandom

The Call: Seven Years Ago, you were in a fanfiction community. It was vibrant, full of in-jokes and to-be-continued's and wild ideas. You were engaged with it perhaps more than someone with classes the next morning should be. And in that lively swirl of longing and love, you, and others were...
I think so. Hasn't stopped me from trying.

Fallout: Old World Thunder

The New California Republic has managed to finish a railroad running into the heart of the Mojave. Your gang of thieves is eager to be the first ones to rob it.​

Finally got the thread up for this long-running Fallout New Vegas game and looking for a few people to fill the party.

Fallout: Old World Thunder

The New California Republic has managed to finish a railroad running into the heart of the Mojave. Your gang of thieves is eager to be the first ones to rob it.​

Finally got the thread up for this long-running Fallout New Vegas game and looking for a few people to fill the party.

Will the Characters be limited to Humans?

Or will Robots, Sapient Deathclaws etc be allowed?

Will the Characters be limited to Humans?

Or will Robots, Sapient Deathclaws etc be allowed?
Just take a look at the "class" tab.

Mutants are allowed but probably not sapient deathclaws just from prior experiences. And robots, androids, and the such are usually fine, but I would try to stick with something about human shaped or at least sized; so e.g. a Mr. Handy is about human-sized even though it is a non-humanoid shape, but something huge like a Robobrain might cause a lot of difficulty for me to manage.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask on the game thread.

The year is 1955, and the Cold War is heating up. Captured Nazi scientists working for the US have created a way to travel to alternate dimensions. It is up to you to travel to these worlds, seize resources and technology, and ensure American dominance in the Cold War. But be warned, the Soviets may be not too far behind...

Operation Hydra

Is it okay to advertise a non-SV roleplay? If so, I'd like to promote this roleplay that I've made recently, Persona: Dark Reflection.

Persona: Dark Reflection
is a new roleplay forum site inspired by Persona series, particularly Persona 5. The story takes place in a fictional city of Kagamine, where there are rumors flying around about the existence of another version of Kagamine, the dark reflection of the city where the creatures known as Shadows reside. There are also rumors about people disappearing after having a strange app mysteriously downloaded into their phones, and it is said that those people who disappear end up in Kagamine, where they are hunted down and killed by the Shadows. Upon death, they disappear without a trace.

Create your own characters; high school students, college students or adults. The roleplay is more focused on character interaction where their relationships with others may empower their Personas in battles against the Shadows. And Personas are the manifestations of their other selves that they can use to fight the Shadows in Dark Kagamine. While there will be an overarching story plot, the players are free to establish their own personal storylines and plots for their own characters. Also, the roleplay is entirely freeform, which means there will be no stats or mechanics involved.

Feel free to check out the site and the discord server, which are provided down below.

Link to the site

Link to the discord server

Last edited:
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Not a Stitch (MATURE; bleak survival RPG; D&D 5e) Recruiting - IC - Fantasy

(IC thread linked here: Not A Stitch - Bleak Island Survival in D&D 5e IC - Fantasy - Horror) Here's my elevator pitch: Anyone played a game like Crash Bandicoot or FFX, and washed up on a shore? Seen Castaway with Tom Hanks? Heck, have you read the classic Robinson Crusoe? That's your brief...

I'm the DM for Not a Stitch, which could really use a few more players. We just got started recently, but there's only two players right now. Please bring a healthy enthusiasm for wilderness survival!

Recruiting players for a fantasy dungeon crawl rpg Grim Rats. I guess I'm inspired by OSR stuff and classic D&D, but I'll be using a original ruleset.

Grim Rats OOC/Recruitment OOC

See here for game rules; GRIM RATS by Dreaming Dragonslayer It's Pay What You Want. I want to GM a campaign for old-style mega-dungeoncrawling. Maybe we can lots of players, all organizing themselves into various parties going on individual adventures, ala West Marches or MMOs. (The earliest D&D...

Hello! I'm Shebe Zuu and I'm planning a campaign using Legend of the Five Rings 5th Edition. For those who may be unaware, Legend of the Five Rings is set in the Emerald Empire of Rokugan, a fantastical nation inspired primarily by Japanese culture and folklore, though there are also elements of several other Asian cultures present both within Rokugan and in its surroundings. In it the player characters will take the roles of Samurai attempting to fulfil their duty to their lords and to the Emperor while keeping their honor intact.

This game will be run primarily through Discord and will be run via scheduled sessions as opposed to play-by-post. As of right now the time for the sessions is not firmly settled, but it's looking as though it will be on either Saturday or Sunday sometime between 11am GMT and 8pm GMT. If there is enough interest in the game I may start a second playgroup which would meet at a different time that is TBD. Sourcebooks will be provided by me, so there's no need to worry about finding or purchasing them.

For those who are interested, the link to the discord is here. Feel free to jump in to ask questions if you have them.

Hi! I think I forgot to post here last time.
Torchbearer Initiative 2 is a free form Science Fantasy living world Superpowered Tabletop RPG RP experience where player freedom is emphasized as long as you're willing to bear the consequences. You play as one of a loose collection of super-powered, officially recognized mercenaries trying to make the Galaxy a safer place and ideally get filthy rich doing it .

Join the The Torchbearer Initiative 2: An Original Science Fantasy RPG Discord Server!

As well, our Lore Document is included in this post to make it easier to decide if you'd like to take the plunge.

Last edited:
Idea: PCs are superheroes in a stand in for the Justice League/Avengers protecting The World. this idea is simple enough it should suffice to please people who rightly groan at many of my ideas but elaborate enough for me, for me to recognize it's uniqueness.
This won't start for a while.

Why not pick up a supers rpg game, Savage Worlds Supers, M&M Deluxe Edition, Prowlers & Paragons.

Torg (designed around realities raiders), such that it could be a magical reality, or supers, or horror invading modern Earth. This would allow you to play literally any genre imaginable, and the super duper great thing about this, is that it has a system for designing world tech, magic, levels too. 1e is available on the internet much cheaper than the 2e.

Or if you wanted something geared to lesser heroes - Rotted Capes, where the whole premise is zombies have killed / eaten all the main heroes, and the C-listers survived. I cannot confirm how good the system is though.

I may look at 1e Torg (never heard of it), if it's cheap enough. But I'm hoping for a Free Form for now.

I may look at 1e Torg (never heard of it), if it's cheap enough. But I'm hoping for a Free Form for now.

Roleplay Discussion and Game Ideas Idea

This is the thread for posting ideas for a RP, recruiting players to a RP you're going to run, begging someone else to run a RP, getting help with RP systems or half-baked plot concepts, or just chatting about what kind of cool RP you'd like to participate in. While the rules here are still...

I have copied my posts over to here and deleted them here, as this is not the thread for this.

The Dark Forest: Nomad Fleet Council Game [Looking for Players] Recruiting - Council - Sci-Fi

Intro: Some species see space as a frontier to explore, others as a vast expanse to conquer and others still as a dark depth to hide away from, but what everyone can agree is that it is full of opportunities and dangers alike. Technologies created by alien minds, resources drawn from a foreign...

Looking for players for a Nomad Fleet game. Explore dangerous ruins and meet new civilizations. Fight enemies in your own ship or evade and escape. Its a council game, so players will be working to vote on actions for their Nomadic Fleet to do such as research and construction while their characters help out with their skillsets or use their ships as defenses against the unknown.

The foolhardy seek their fortunes within the depths of the ruins of Gundgathol, lost homeland of the Dwarves. By blade and spell they hope to plunder the riches of a fallen civilization, but death and damnation awaits around every corner of the damp, darkened halls.

This is where legends and corpses are born in equal measure... which will you be?

Crawl by Post: The Damned & The Desperate [Recruiting] OOC

Gundgathol lay in ruins beneath the Eternal Mountains, a dark host risen from the depths of the Underdark to drive the Dwarves from their ancestral halls. In the three centuries hence all manner of vile creatures have made their lairs and camps within, defiling the sacred forges and temples. Yet...

My 40k Imperial Guard RP Abandon Hope, Embrace Faith is currently recruiting. If you're interested in Military Sci-fi, 40k, the Imperial Guard, or tactical combat, consider applying.

I am currently looking for a Sergeant, but other positions in the squad are also acceptable.

Abandon Hope, Embrace Faith: An IG RP (Recruiting) Recruiting

+++++++++++++++ Sector Verantis. It is a sector only recently liberated from the Arch Enemy. Eternally wreathed in desperate conflict for survival as the enemies of mankind assault it from all sides even still. It barely holds, but threats like Chaos Space Marines aligned with the Heretic...

Battletech: Inner Sphere Outcasts OOC - Sci-Fi

At some point history ended. It didn't stop, of course. There was always motion, always surprises; assassinations, coups, disasters, revolutions, and more. But like a flowing, chaotic river, there was only one end, one direction all instability flowed towards. After Earth's monarchies...

Game is almost ready to start.

Looking for Draconis Combine, Capellan Confederation, Magistracy of Canopus, Outworlds Alliance, Aurigan Coalition, and Rim Worlds Republic players specifically if anyone is interested!

Last edited:
Back