RP Player Recruitment Thread

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

The Hybrids RP Recruiting

Player characters will be people with Asgardian/Demigod/Alien Hybrid/Some other Unique Ancestry Like Nephilim or even Draconic. This could be a Freeform role play. As all the PCs are characters that have inherited their power, they would have estates to manage, or delegate to their stewards...
Player characters will be people with Asgardian/Demigod/Alien Hybrid/Some other Unique Ancestry
Like Nephilim or even Draconic. This could be a Freeform role play. As all the PCs are characters that have inherited their power, they would have estates to manage, or delegate to their stewards.
Many decades in the future, The Dark Lord has managed to corrupt Mankind's soul through the power of technology, machine and deception. The illusion of sovereign governments pervades popular culture of people around the world, despite The Dark One playing the entire world like a puppet master. Greed, corruption and power mongering is common, and soon The Dark Lord will rear his ugly head in a more brazen manner, revealing himself as the world's true ruler.

The Hybrids RP Recruiting

Player characters will be people with Asgardian/Demigod/Alien Hybrid/Some other Unique Ancestry Like Nephilim or even Draconic. This could be a Freeform role play. As all the PCs are characters that have inherited their power, they would have estates to manage, or delegate to their stewards...
Player characters will be people with Asgardian/Demigod/Alien Hybrid/Some other Unique Ancestry
Like Nephilim or even Draconic. This could be a Freeform role play. As all the PCs are characters that have inherited their power, they would have estates to manage, or delegate to their stewards.
Many decades in the future, The Dark Lord has managed to corrupt Mankind's soul through the power of technology, machine and deception. The illusion of sovereign governments pervades popular culture of people around the world, despite The Dark One playing the entire world like a puppet master. Greed, corruption and power mongering is common, and soon The Dark Lord will rear his ugly head in a more brazen manner, revealing himself as the world's true ruler.

Makes me think of Time Bandits....

It has been almost a year since I've last posted this, so I think it's time for a refresh.

[Recruitment]

Have you ever:
- wanted to be superhuman?
- wanted to get into a Worm RP, but weren't interested in learning Weaverdice?
- gotten tired of reading about the same old factions of superpowered Nazis, Asian supremacists, or incompetent druglords?

If you've said yes to any of the above, our server may be the vial you've always wanted.

[Designation]

Enter Earth Ayin, a Parahuman-centric Discord server drastically different from the AlephBet you know.

We offer:
- a complete world with no canon characters
- Custom Endbringers and Notable Icons
- Options for Hero, Independent, Neutral, Villain, and Rogue Characters (which can be found in our newly improved Cape Index)
- A drastically different timeline from canon Worm
- Reactions to current events in media and PHO
- and much more on the way. ^^

[Experimental]
- A new Bystander role, which allows new players to RP as the public's reaction to RP events! Good for lurkers who don't want to make a character!

[Contact]

Join the Ayin Discord Server!
Open to all who apply. We hope to see you soon! ^^

Last edited:
For those familiar with Worm, someone made a new thread:

PHO Blacksmithery - General

This is a place where everyone can roleplay as a PHO user. You can create as many OC's as you want.

How it works:
1. Someone makes a PHO Opening Post.
2. Once threadmarked, everyone post comments about it.
3. Once the 50 post limit has reached or thread activity is silent for 1 or 2 days, the thread ends.
4. Step 1-4 is repeated.

Do joins us, we rely on you guys to keep the thread alive.

For those of you who enjoy half-life (and/or my stories), I have a game for you:

Black Mesa Inbound

The game will take place during the events of the Black Mesa incident, and is planned to have weekly updates. Be advised, I am currently recruiting for Black Mesa personnel and HECU forces at the moment.

Also, hosting it on SB. Keep that in mind.

Ground rules for the RP:
  1. Hard limit on posting is weekly - to specify, if you don't post at least once weekly, you are out. No questions asked. You will have to reapply to get back in, even if you use the same character.
  2. GM Word is law.
  3. No preventing the destruction of Black Mesa - the G-Man forbids it!
  4. Only play your player.
  5. OCs and self inserts can only be played as after the main list of positions (the bolded characters in the OOC) are filled out.
  6. You can play as children, but that doesn't make you immune ot death.
  7. Have fun!
Also, I plan to run a quest concurrently to this RP set in the same universe, but it won't influence the RP. That will be posted on sufficient velocity - which is to say, HERE!

Tentative start date is August 20th. Questions will be handled in the thread.

Hawaii. A beloved vacation spot.

…..Or so it was before the fusing of the worlds. When the worlds fused, Hawaii was mysteriously filled with numerous artifacts and weapons, making it an incredibly strategic and valuable location to have control over. But due to a peace treaty with the Denizens who live on this Island state, no one could take it over.

However, under mysterious circumstances, everyone on Hawaii has recently died of Food Poisoning. This leaves the place ripe for the picking.

You have been sent here by your King, a hopeful King or even just your own hopes to rule. You desire to take over Hawaii.

Will you be successful? Let's find out….

Cob Web: Ain't No Vacation (Internet Based Villains Victorious RP OOC) OOC

Hawaii. A beloved vacation spot. …..Or so it was before the fusing of the worlds. When the worlds fused, Hawaii was mysteriously filled with numerous artifacts and weapons, making it an incredibly strategic and valuable location to have control over. But due to a peace treaty with the Denizens...

For a game that I am currently playing in right now, I recommend Trans-Isekai Support Group.
Link is here

Isekai Support Group - OOC Thread (Hero BBS-inspired, Always Open!) OOC

So. I'm actually gonna do this... Hello, and welcome to this thing, where you, the person behind the screen (in case you don't know what a Isekai is) get shoved away from your home, for whatever reason (death, puré chance, bad luck, BROB- your choice) and end up in a world you though fictional...
That is the OOC thread

Isekai Support Group. (IC Thread- Always Open! Hero BBS Inspired) IC

Hello. If you are reading this, then I have a few news for you. The bad is... that you are not home anymore, as you have probably noticed. Probably not even inhabitating your own body, even. Good news is, you are not alone in this situation. This... forum here, exists so you can actually...
This is the IC thread

As for what it is, basically the premise is simple. You are isekaied to another world, typically a fiction world, and given a forum for others in the same situation as yourself, where you can communicate with them. You can trade, go on Want-Ads, which are allow you to visit other settings in a temporal way to complete an objective specified in it, to obtain a recompense (which is always equivalent to how dangerous/complicated it was). You can buy anything from that store, and go to other peoples world.

Once you are done with the journey, you can simply go to another world and repeat the process.
Really, it is your story to tell. So join us in this wacky adventure.

Odessen, a planet lost to time. The graveyard of a nation that could have changed the fate of the Galaxy for the better, a galaxy of harmony and understanding, rather than a galaxy of racial divide and enforced order.

The Force, having suffered for too long to wait for the Chosen One to bring balance to the force, calls back warriors of yore. The spirits of the departed and durasteel long since destroyed dragged back into service, in the form of women. So, thus, upon the Force Nexus of Odessen, you arrive, clad in the steel hulls of the past.

All are equal in the force, and now, you must show the Galaxy this truth…

Trust Only in the Force

Welcome to Trust Only in the Force, a Kantai Collection and Star Wars crossover, my… I forget how many times attempt to run a Star Wars x Kancolle game. In this iteration of the game, you will play as direct servants of "The Force", beginning your journey on the extremely abandoned Odessen, complete with a relatively small orbital shipyard, and various other facilities that the people opposing the Empire could use.

However, you do not have to align with the Rebel Alliance. If you choose to, you can begin to build a faction of your own, a nation that even the Republic of old would envy. An alliance of equals, forged in battle and unified in understanding. Much like a forgotten polity of old.

Regardless of the path you choose, you will be against the Empire. I will suffer no Empire Stans within this game, nor will I suffer people who deliberately play as the worst possible people they can, just for shits and giggles. The Force called you to fight against the Empire for a reason.

However, this doesn't mean you can't play as "Evil" or "Antagonist" faction's ships. The CIS, for example, had founding principles that were truly beautiful. There were several Harrowers in the Eternal Alliance as well. There are many examples of ships built by the Empire, even, that served a purpose beyond oppression.

Additionally, if it already wasn't clear, "All Are Equal in the Force" applies to shipgirls as well. For example, a Valor Class Cruiser Shipgirl could take on another ship of equal tonnage, say, a Victory I, and emerge victoriously, albeit, at cost. This does not apply to "steel" hulled ships.

Leveling Effect:

In practice, all ships have a space warping field around them. The bolts of energy they fire expand to the size of their "steel" hulled sisters, resulting in volleys just as powerful. But it works both ways. Targeting systems can lock onto shipgirls just as easily as they can their less human equivalents. In the same vein, ships can fire on shipgirls with just as much ease. There is no bonus to vulnerability or evasion.

Shipgirls and Humanity:

Shipgirls are not baselines humans. Not truly. They take the appearance of whatever their crew envisioned them as, hence the majority of Venators appearing human and alien ships generally appear under the species.

Shipgirls can lean into their "human" side or "ship" side, depending on the occasion, usually being 100% ship while in the void or against enemy ships, or, while aboard a fighter craft, leaning fully into their "human" side.

It can be said that, while a shipgirl is "fully ship" they are basically a ship, in mass, durability, and other things.

Meanwhile, while they're fully "Human", they maintain their durability to some extent, but it's reduced greatly. It helps, additionally, that all Shipgirls are Force Sensitive, though not always enough to be trained by Jedi or Sith.

Shipgirls and the Force:
Shipgirls and Abyssals reflect the very nature of the force, a duality of Darkness and Light. Shipgirls who fall to the "Dark Side" are almost always transformed into Abyssals, who, without discrimination, will kill any being around them. Abyssals are things of mindless rage, and it is always terrifying even to see one in action.

Meanwhile, while baselines shipgirls are not always "light side", they are generally neutral, grey, or light, their duty to their people generally making them "good" in the eyes of the civilization that birthed them.

For example, a CIS shipgirl's ideals will be similar to a GAR shipgirl, though both would rather die than admit such a thing.

Join the Trust Only in the Force Discord Server!

Check out the Trust Only in the Force community on Discord - hang out with 8 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
The Discord Server for the Game :D

Hey Guys!

I usually stick to the other side of Roleplaying and Grand Strategy but I have been told my new game, A Town Under Siege, is more small scale than grand and more RPG so figured I would post it here! Players are part of a Federal Task Force that has been set up to investigate strange happenings in a small local town in the middle of nowhere Kansas and figuring out what is taking place there. Kind of a X-Files feel to it, so if you are interested come check it out!

A Town Under Siege: An Investigation into the Unknown Game [Recruiting]

A game set in a factious town under siege but known and unknown elements, a Task Force has been sent to investigate the various ongoings within the town and put a stop to the suspicious activity.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms – A Character Driven Nation Building Game (Sign Up Thread)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms – A Character Driven Nation Building Game Discord chat link can be found here: Join the GSRPG Discord Server! Introduction The year is 190. The tyrant from the East, Dong Zhou of the Western Regions, has deposed Emperor Shao and placed the Prince of Chenliu on...

This is a character driven nation building game set during the Three Kingdoms era of China. Please stop by the GSRP forum and take a look at the game.

Guardians of the Grove. (OOC/Not Recruiting) (Original) Fantasy

And you're in. Welcome to the Forest. May your plants be strong and your foes break like wheat beneath your scythe.

Here, you play as a Treant of some kind to defend your home from the human invaders. You can fight them off, send out units, cast grand spells, negotiate, and nearly anything. It's primarily narratively driven, but has a solid basis for things. You can't just fireball your problems away forever, nor does a good whack solve everything. Be creative, get rewarded. Never change, and be overwhelmed. If you're interested, check it out.

Gamer War-front [Closed] [Full] [oh god help me I took to many players]

"Is there not one among you who values courage over life?" No one thought first contact would start with such a question. No one thought first contact would be recruitment for a multi-verse war. No one thought first contact would also be a test to see if humanity was worth saving. But it was...

Gamer based system being run over discord with a fairly simple stat system based on overcoming challenges to progress in leaps and bounds.

If this is freeform I'd be very into it.

Magick Of The South West

So here's the format for the RP. It will begin with an Intro, then Act 1 starts, with at least 3 chapters, then Act 2 and Act 3.

The year is 2021. For the past forty years, life in the South West of America has been growing more dangerous for the ordinary person. Not because of world politics, the drought, culture or the social climate, although these are all contributing factors, but because of those creatures who prey on the innocent. The Vampire. Yes. Others lurk in the shadows to devour the unwary, but this is not their story. This is the story of the witch, and the vampire.

In The South West, where the PCs are located, vampires and other monsters, but most notably the former mention, have been settling down to stand their ground, and oh yeah, feast on the blood of Humanity. Because of the world's circumstantially herding vampires into this region of the country, the unfortunate consequences of such a concentrated and desperate morass of the monsters has led to a dramatic influx of "mostly" unsolved crimes, of the most grisly kind.

Play as a superhero/covert operative in a team of similar individuals. Run wild through a DC Universe where things are building towards an eruption as Alien Gods, would be tyrants, secret societies, driven superheroes and governments fight for dominance.

Punch bad guys, ham it up, have fun.

Make your mark. Because this is your time.

Today is the Day.

Outside Operatives (Young Justice/DC Roleplay) Recruiting

Today is the day. It is 2018. Fifteen years ago the Justice League formed. Eight years ago a team of sidekicks broke into Cadmus Labs and found the clone deemed Superboy resulting in the formation of a new covert team for younger superhero figures. Two years ago the Justice League and...

Fate/Broken Vows OOC

Switzerland is a beautiful country. From Lac Léman you can look up at the mountains, or across to France. In the summer, the heat makes the air shimmer with haze, and even the lower mountains sweat off their snowy caps. In the winter, the streets are slick with ice and snow. How the von...

Lausanne is in the throes of a Holy Grail War, and it is about to get worse. The second team of Masters is about to arrive, seven more with seven more Servants. If you want to join what promises to be a bloody mess of a Great Holy Grail War, come over and make a character.

Plot: After the chaos of Kingpin fusing the Universes together, many seek to find new locations to either hide out in or conquer for themselves as The Kings establish themselves as in charge. We focus unexpectedly on the Town of Arlen, Texas. Many people find themselves simply ending up here by complete accident. Many others seek the place out to hide due to how unassuming it is. Still others seek to start out their conquest by conquering this small town. Whatever the reason, you are now in Arlen. Enjoy your stay. And be careful if you start hearing a crazy guy rant about propane and propane accessories....

Anarchy-Mation: Problems in Arlen (Animated Villains Victorious RP Sign Ups) Recruiting - Crossover

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qSy7F5vJ1dqualZSJBNeCdVzO9-suTTrvlQHKOw-Cdw/edit?usp=drivesdk https://docs.google.com/document/d/11wU7TWqecPewyRkQO-UcXLkXOuvQC9u_AXYsu6W-MhA/edit?usp=drivesdk The above is the necessary material you will need for this RP. Though really, any series that...

Travellers of the Multiverse OOC

So I was thinking about getting back to writing of late, but I seem to be having difficulty. It isn't so much writer's block, but more akin to hitting a large concrete bunker at 110 mph in a mini. My creativity is having trouble, so I figured why not try to my mind awhirl with an rp. Travellers...

Can we recruit for offsite games?

Like say:
startplaying.games

Play Thirsty Sword Lesbians Online | The Shieldmaids of Fandom

The Call: Seven Years Ago, you were in a fanfiction community. It was vibrant, full of in-jokes and to-be-continued's and wild ideas. You were engaged with it perhaps more than someone with classes the next morning should be. And in that lively swirl of longing and love, you, and others were...

Last edited:
Back