Renu's art thingies

Planning on streaming more, so what time would be good for those interested? (gmt+1)

• 2PM-4PM

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4PM-6PM

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • 6PM-8PM

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 9PM-11PM

• 11PM-1AM

• 1AM-3AM

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The funny choice

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
Are they also Pistols?

Edit: Removed my second thought they might have been modified Crossbows instead of pistols after a closer look.

Last edited:
Huh. Where's she from? And is she connected to any canon character? Because I immediately jumped to "she's a Ruby x Penny science baby" even though that's probably not accurate.

Looks like pistols based on the trigger on the butts.
Nah I think she is. She's the sister of Iris, who's a science baby from another combination of the Ruby/Weiss/Penny polycule iirc.

And they're pistols. Matchlocks (or flintlocks? Can't remember which is which) or something I guess.

And they're pistols. Matchlocks (or flintlocks? Can't remember which is which) or something I guess.

Matchlocks involve igniting gunpowder through the use of burning a flammable cord known as "slow match".

Flintlocks are a later innovation, as igniting gunpowder was accomplished by the firing mechanism striking a piece of flint within the gun.

/The More You Know

I don't see mechanisms for a flintlock and matchlocks are too slow for RWBY combat so it's probably just aesthetic and uses a modern internal mechanism.

I don't see mechanisms for a flintlock and matchlocks are too slow for RWBY combat so it's probably just aesthetic and uses a modern internal mechanism.
Doesn't the annoying professor use a flintlock blunderbuss/axe? I mean, it's dust powered anyway so it works however the writers want to, but...

Flintlocks are a later innovation, as igniting gunpowder was accomplished by the firing mechanism striking a piece of flint within the gun.
Strictly, it's the flint doing the striking, taking advantage of the way a heavy, focused impact by a sharp silicon dioxide point can gouge tiny pyrophoric particles out of a piece of steel :)

Nah I think she is. She's the sister of Iris, who's a science baby from another combination of the Ruby/Weiss/Penny polycule iirc.

How? I'm probably wrong, but... was Penny's Aura used to stimulate Ruby's Aura and Alloy has a complex about not actually being Half-Robot even though in a completely literal sense she truly is Penny's daughter? Honestly that'd be a lot cooler than being adopted or having a completely unrelated 'father.'

How? I'm probably wrong, but... was Penny's Aura used to stimulate Ruby's Aura and Alloy has a complex about not actually being Half-Robot even though in a completely literal sense she truly is Penny's daughter? Honestly that'd be a lot cooler than being adopted or having a completely unrelated 'father.'
Iirc in canon Penny became a real girl before getting fridged so Jaune could experience manpain so the robot-ness isn't an issue probably?

Iirc in canon Penny became a real girl before getting fridged so Jaune could experience manpain so the robot-ness isn't an issue probably?

I remember when RWBY was a story about Definitely-Not-Superheroes learning how to be awesome enough to fight against Hideous Monsters that exist purely to make life unfun.

Why would Jaune feel 'manpain' over Penny dying? I know I'm a few Volumes behind, but what have I been missing?

I know that's when I dropped the series. Bringing a character back just to kill them again-- and not in the same episode but multiple episodes later after it's had time to be the new status quo-- felt unnecessarily cruel to their fans.

Why would Jaune feel 'manpain' over Penny dying? I know I'm a few Volumes behind, but what have I been missing?
I dropped off after vol 6 but if the stuff I hear is right then they brought Penny back, she gets humified by using the new magic macguffin, inherits maiden powers, fights Cinder, gets her ass clocked, and to deny Cinder the satisfaction of double maiden powers asks Jaune to kill her so she can think of her important people in her last moments.

I think I may have explained this before when Iris popped in, but:

Step 1: Ruby, Penny and Weiss are in love, married, decide to have kids. Ruby volunteers to carry.
Step 2: Acquire an egg from Ruby. Clone the egg.
Step 3: Do some science on one of Weiss' eggs (something we're very close to being able to do IRL) and use that to fertilize one of the cloned eggs. Cue Iris.
Step 4: Penny (being still very much an AI) and her sisters (she has 3) get together and build an artificial DNA strand to represent her. This then gets injected into the other egg. Cue Alloy.
Step 5: Wait 9 months.
Step 6: Ta-da! Bouncing baby girls, half-identical twins.

@Renu you did really great work, once again :) Now I can share the art with my thread.

Back