Renu's art thingies

Planning on streaming more, so what time would be good for those interested? (gmt+1)

• 2PM-4PM

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4PM-6PM

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • 6PM-8PM

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 9PM-11PM

• 11PM-1AM

• 1AM-3AM

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The funny choice

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
Huuunh.
And here I thought the infusion thing would be a shroom-specific trick, not a resource for all the factions to fight over…

I'm sorry, but the word 'science baby' made me think of the movie Splice, and that in turn made me think of bad things happening to Ruby and/or Weiss.

Anyway, fic link?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the word 'science baby' made me think of the movie Splice, and that in turn made me think of bad things happening to Ruby and/or Weiss.

Maybe Aura Shenanigans? I honestly don't get why Healing Magic/Powers aren't used in place of Sci-Fi Technology in settings that shouldn't have such. Though it'd probably require a fair amount of trial and error so it doesn't result in Body Horror, trying to trick the Aura into thinking the Foreign DNA(?) is actually 'damaged tissue' in need of 'repair'.

Though given Science Babies are a thing we can already do IRL, RWBY is probably advanced enough to do similar. I'm not sure why you immediately thought of bad things.

Maybe Aura Shenanigans? I honestly don't get why Healing Magic/Powers aren't used in place of Sci-Fi Technology in settings that shouldn't have such. Though it'd probably require a fair amount of trial and error so it doesn't result in Body Horror, trying to trick the Aura into thinking the Foreign DNA(?) is actually 'damaged tissue' in need of 'repair'.

Though given Science Babies are a thing we can already do IRL, RWBY is probably advanced enough to do similar. I'm not sure why you immediately thought of bad things.
This is a hunch but I think in the Splice movie bad things happen to the donors to make the science babies. It's not about Science babies being bad to make it's about the precedent set by the movie.

This is a hunch but I think in the Splice movie bad things happen to the donors to make the science babies.
The short and skinny is that a scientist couple make a baby using DNA from various animals and a the wife's donated egg cell. Shit goes sideways and the baby kills the husband and preggers the wife up.

Last edited:

Anyway, fic link?
In the process of being written.

How Iris came to be is a relatively short story involving stuff we're starting to do IRL (and have done on things that aren't humans), advanced about... oh, I'd say a decade. Maybe two.

@Renu - Iris. :p

The worst bit is the last picture had a shroom with a bullet hole in his head that came off as 100% cute cartoon violence…
Then we gets the gory decepitation.

Rule 2: Don’t Be Hateful - Insisting that every adherent of a political ideology should be dead is not allowed
The only good commie is a dead commie.

Back