More Filth - An Emporium of Art, Pseudoscience, and Ice Cream Koans

A little heavier on the photobashing than I do normally, and it's far more visible in this WIP, but I had a tone meeting and decided "ALL THE GENERIC ONES."

Dat Hind frame, tho. It's very cool. If you're going to build a gunship, than there are worse one to choose. And definitely less durable designs, too.

That armor looks actually practical, contra most SciFi armors.

The Gunship looks good, but with the engine struts replacing the HIND's weapon wings, it looks a little unarmed.

First pic looks like the helmet might actually offer practical protection to the cheekbones. What a crazy idea!

As always, the sketches look solid and like they could easily be pro published comic art. Get sold!
In the fine tradition of my Nod Commando design, all I can say is "Uh...that's not a mask." :p
I know, I was going off what the parts shown implied about the full helmet design, which looked more solid than most SciFi helmets.

Funnily enough, I had been playing with ideas revolving around integrating cybernetics into the armoring scheme. But then I decided to do some sketching of other stuff:

Last edited:
That armor looks actually practical, contra most SciFi armors.
Since I live in the desert I usually look at full body (unpowered) armors in sci-fi and wonder how the hell they deal with the heat. But I don't suppose it's a much different problem from wearing full harness in the 16th century, except in the 16th century you can anticipate a fight enough to be able to put on your armor right before you needed it, whereas soldiers today (and in the future?) need armor they can live in for days at a time.

Since I live in the desert I usually look at full body (unpowered) armors in sci-fi and wonder how the hell they deal with the heat. But I don't suppose it's a much different problem from wearing full harness in the 16th century, except in the 16th century you can anticipate a fight enough to be able to put on your armor right before you needed it, whereas soldiers today (and in the future?) need armor they can live in for days at a time.
Probably belongs more in a future worldbuilding thread, but the various crusaders tend to use some variation of full-body cooling garments, or for the more thoroughly augmented, something approaching a liquid cooling tubing system around the important components and remnant biology.

In other news, dusted some stuff off:

Back