More Filth - An Emporium of Art, Pseudoscience, and Ice Cream Koans

Finally got it into my head to do some fan art for The Locked Tomb, probably could do with a little more polish but my new brush settings are pretty nice for doing portraiture on top of everything else:

LOVE your tlt fanart!!
You've got an impressive painting style, and the way you constrtuct faces is really striking. There's a realism feel to it with subtle stylization as part of the material style you use.

edit: forgot to say, fucking fantastic mecha and tech work

LOVE your tlt fanart!!
You've got an impressive painting style, and the way you constrtuct faces is really striking. There's a realism feel to it with subtle stylization as part of the material style you use.

edit: forgot to say, fucking fantastic mecha and tech work

Thanks, I've been trying to get back into the portraiture side of things recently, but it's been significantly influenced by my starting to learn to do proper oils, which I think can be seen in places where I've been imitating the pseudo-chopped-straw approach I've been using with the oils. Compare the traditional:

(9x12, oil on primed illustration board)

And the digital:

I think the particularly interesting influence has been that I've also largely switched to a pseudo-Zorn/Bouguereau hybrid palette for my portrait work.

Back