Magi-Tech Power Armor Creation, Super Hero Manager:Riot Quest

[X] Upgrade an existing component
-[X] Write in improvement to technological component: Sword
--[X] Add Mana Channels to the Sword

[X]Add a component to a suite
-[X] Write in Magical component: Mana fountain
--[X] Add a magical reactor to the suite to empower all magical devices and the pilot

For those not on the discord, there are at least ten options for producing modules or upgrades that we have come up with. It would be better if we focused on a few options rather than spread ourselves out, to ensure we get more successes on the votes, also because developing and upgrading modules costs money.

I'm voting for the mana fountain as it will support all magical options and is apparently equivalent to outfitting the pilot with a "vehicle mounted .50 cal" when all he had was an m16 in terms of magical abilities according to Zedalb.

Offense:
-sword upgrade (bass11's mana channels upgrade)
-gun of some sort

Movement:
-Magical blink system
-Jet boosters

Sensor systems:
-Probably tech based

Repair systems:
-Magic or tech based

Hacking/network superiority:
-Tech based

Golems/drones:
-Possibility they can have their own slots for modules
-Tech or magic
-Could have different drones for different purposes
--Offense, defense, scouting, repair, buff/debuff, etc.

Magic support:
-Mana fountain
--supplies the pilot with much more mana than they would normally have and boosts their spells massively.

-Mana capacitor/battery thing
--stores mana for a big finisher move
--also maybe tech

-mana absorber/collection field
--absorbs the ambient mana to empower the suit and weaken other mages in the area.

Lots more ideas but these are the big important ones I think.

EDIT: realized i had my vote listed as a technological upgrade...

Last edited:
Solid Update, man.

Random Omake preview:

One Thousand Blades watched the screens he had arrayed around himself in his dojo as in a circle as he knelt, half paying attention to the temperature of the tea in his hand and half paying attention to his students form and execution, which at it's best nobley approached the heights pf sloppiness.

He smiled as he heard the line which he was instantly sure would be most of their fans' introduction to his student, and immediately knew two things.

One, the suits in the ship would spend a lot of time looking up and copystriking compilations by third parties containing those 7 seconds.

Two, his greatest worry had just evaporated.

One Thousand Blades had worried that Frank's pride would form an Insurmountable Mountain blocking his nascent Way from forming, that he would convince himself forever that the Sword was an obsolete weapon of backwards mystics.

He knew quite well that his Disciple valued nothing over fame and Glory, and he had worried that desire for such would forever keep Frank's feet from the Path.

Even at his most optimistic, he assumed that what he was truly teaching Frank was less the Way of the Sword and more of the value, especially for the Awakened, of devoting your life to a Way of your own Forging.

Yet in the heat of Battle One Thousand Blades' Disciple Frank had declared to the world his Identity, and It Was The Sword.

One Thousand Blades chuckled, first slow and low and then louder and louder, until he chocked it off suddenly as he realized that his tea had reached the critical point where it was currently divine nectar but any moment would be disgusting bitter leaf juice, and quaffed the cup back.

He lowered the cup before he turned the screens back from the boring aftermath they displayed to repeat his Disciples premature declaration, then laughed one final time before all the Mirth in his smile turned to Steel.

"No, my Disciple.

But you Will Be."

I'm very happy the Ablative Armor turned out so well, and with the mages beefing up our offense I'll go ahead and forward a mobility option.

[X]Add a component to Excalibur
-[X] Tech: Jump Jets. Small thrusters placed strategically along the suit to provide an increase in movement speed and jump distance. While not capable of atmospheric flight, these jets allow for maneuverability in a zero-gravity environment.

We don't want our dude to be lost tumbling through space now, do we. My plan is to later upgrade this into a true flight capable system, but for now let's start small to avoid mishaps.

-[X] Write in improvement to technological component: Mana fountain
--[X] Add a magical reactor to the suite to empower all magical devices and the pilot

For those not on the discord, there are at least ten options for producing modules or upgrades that we have come up with. It would be better if we focused on a few options rather than spread ourselves out, to ensure we get more successes on the votes, also because developing and upgrading modules costs money.

I'm voting for the mana fountain as it will support all magical options and is apparently equivalent to outfitting the pilot with a "vehicle mounted .50 cal" when all he had was an m16 in terms of magical abilities according to Zedalb.

Offense:
-sword upgrade (bass11's mana channels upgrade)
-gun of some sort

Movement:
-Magical blink system
-Jet boosters

Sensor systems:
-Probably tech based

Repair systems:
-Magic or tech based

Hacking/network superiority:
-Tech based

Golems/drones:
-Possibility they can have their own slots for modules
-Tech or magic
-Could have different drones for different purposes
--Offense, defense, scouting, repair, buff/debuff, etc.

Magic support:
-Mana fountain
--supplies the pilot with much more mana than they would normally have and boosts their spells massively.

-Mana capacitor/battery thing
--stores mana for a big finisher move
--also maybe tech

-mana absorber/collection field
--absorbs the ambient mana to empower the suit and weaken other mages in the area.

Lots more ideas but these are the big important ones I think.

I like the general list going there, with a few caveats, the biggest one being that I would have almost completely agreed with it before the last line of the update.

Frank's "This is how this guy decides things" Ttait is more or less "What will make me famous" which means he's going to be looking to build his brand up so much I'm surprised his hair's not orange.

He just declared to the Internet that his Brand is the sword. He's gonna get "One Billion View Fever" off this and he's gonna be pissed if we don't facilitate him building off it.

Honestly, I think that the magic enhancer and mobility boosts will do far better than a ranged weapon for now. His Rays will get stronger, and fast+sword beats gun in a lot of mid range engagements. Again, a gun was high on my priority list before this update.

Additionally, I would place computing systems being more important than Drones. Mental enhancements could help with hacking, processing sensor input well can fake having more or better sensors (that's basically 99% of Astrophysics nowadays) which gives better situational awareness, which is what you want from drones anyway.

As I've learned the hard way and watched many others do the same playing Shadowrun over the years, Drones also have the innate disadvantage that they're squisher than the rest of you and they're an investment that isn't made safer by investing in protection yourself.

If anyone can be bothered, go over to reddit/r/shadowrun and ask u/bamce about it, he explains it well.

Edit:
Additionally, I think blink could be better handled on the Trait side. We have something to work off of at least.

Last edited:
Solid Update, man.

Random Omake preview:

One Thousand Blades watched the screens he had arrayed around himself in his dojo as in a circle as he knelt, half paying attention to the temperature of the tea in his hand and half paying attention to his students form and execution, which at it's best nobley approached the heights pf sloppiness.

He smiled as he heard the line which he was instantly sure would be most of their fans' introduction to his student, and immediately knew two things.

One, the suits in the ship would spend a lot of time looking up and copystriking compilations by third parties containing those 7 seconds.

Two, his greatest worry had just evaporated.

One Thousand Blades had worried that Frank's pride would form an Insurmountable Mountain blocking his nascent Way from forming, that he would convince himself forever that the Sword was an obsolete weapon of backwards mystics.

He knew quite well that his Disciple valued nothing over fame and Glory, and he had worried that desire for such would forever keep Frank's feet from the Path.

Even at his most optimistic, he assumed that what he was truly teaching Frank was less the Way of the Sword and more of the value, especially for the Awakened, of devoting your life to a Way of your own Forging.

Yet in the heat of Battle One Thousand Blades' Disciple Frank had declared to the world his Identity, and It Was The Sword.

One Thousand Blades chuckled, first slow and low and then louder and louder, until he chocked it off suddenly as he realized that his tea had reached the critical point where it was currently divine nectar but any moment would be disgusting bitter leaf juice, and quaffed the cup back.

He lowered the cup before he turned the screens back from the boring aftermath they displayed to repeat his Disciples premature declaration, then laughed one final time before all the Mirth in his smile turned to Steel.

"No, my Disciple.

But you Will Be."

I love it.

I make 0 promise to keep up with this either in the sort or long term, but I'm organizing my thoughts, may as well share them.

Current Actions:

[] Upgrade an existing component
-[] Write in improvement to technological component: Sword
--[] Add Mana Channels to the Sword
Current Dice: 3

Three dice is right where I'm pretty worried about Prototype mucking things up, with just over a 20% chance of 0 hits. Decent chance I'll throw my action on this, on the caveat that I can find inspiration for an accompanying Omake. After all, if I'm not careful Zedalb might trick you people into thinking this is some sort of power armor management quest and not the Story of a Man Determined to Write his own Fate brand onto Heaventhe blogosphere, with Naught but the Sword in his Hand.

[] Upgrade an existing component
-[] Write in improvement to technological component: Mana fountain
--[] Add a magical reactor to the suite to empower all magical devices and the pilot
Current Dice 7

Not too worried about getting no hits, hanging out at just under 3% chance of such. In a pinch this could double for a ranged capability upgrade if we can't find a reasonable number of dice for Dakka. We definitely need this though especially given how much it will synergize with Mana Channels. And yes, I do critique your every vote against the standard of the Sword.

[]Add a component to Excalibur
-[] Tech: Jump Jets. Small thrusters placed strategically along the suit to provide an increase in movement speed and jump distance. While not capable of atmospheric flight, these jets allow for maneuverability in a zero-gravity environment.

Ditto above on the >3% failure rate. Very necessary item. We have a sword. The best defense against a sword is running away. Fun Fact: All else being equal, it's harder to run from a rocket propelled Swordsman.

Edit: This quest has to be a nightmare to tally votes for, guess I should empty out those brackets.

Last edited:
[X]Add a component to a suite
-[X] Write in Magical component: Mana fountain

Last edited:
Whoops I did miss you, I'll roll and edit it in.

On the bright side, if his 6 dice 9-again explode forever, you can flavor the action as a quick response to make sure "Bitch, I am the sword" went SUPER viral. I couldn't tell which of your rolls was Bdun's 4 dice, but you'll want to make sure any of those that are 9s get rerolled.

-[X] Write in improvement to technological component: Mana fountain

Alrighty so your 4 dice and relevant BG take this to 11 dice 9-Again, with<0.3% chances of no hits and close to the majority of first rolls getting 5 or more. I'm not doing reroll math, as it would require me to remember my Stats classes after the first one and put down my phone and pull out my TI, and I swore a blood oath to never do that unless it was in my job description.

That's compelling enough chances to get a solid magical power source that I'm going to put my 6 Magic on Mana Channels following Discord WoG that it could apply, gotta make sure we don't have a rickity pipe if he's gonna be channeling all that pressure you guys are building up. You can ignore my discord mention @Bass11 , someone's gotta make sure the engineer's don't ruin a perfectly good sword.

Speaking of that, it'd be great if we can get some more Tech dice on this and the jet boosters. I'd like it if one more person jumped on the Mana Channels, mostly because I'd like to write in a more Science-y type in the testing scene than Benji to act as a foil for Jeff's nonsense, I'll PM any character portrayal past the player first of course.

The boosters are necessary as well, we won't always be in a closely confined ship. While the risk of them blowing up in our face is fairly small as is, it'd be nice if they could be really good from go. Movement is one of the few things that's almost always relevant no matter the contract.

As far as the Business and Politics folks go, I have a couple thoughts.

One is that I think the CEO assasination is a better pick to further develop Frank's brand. He's the Rebel that won't let the Man profit off the shackles of the People, so long as he's got fire in his heart and a sword in his hands.

I think we should do support and investigate on that mission, and that we should also look into the "Renegade Hero" mission. It's back in the rotation next turn. I mostly want to research it so we can check if it's toxic to our public image ala "Uh, dude, I left because they asked me to nuke a space orphanage and had to steal the Suite because they were going to hit my kill switch" and make sure it's not someone Frank will go rogue with, since that's apparantly a concern of the hiring Corp.

It would suck if we Bad Ended because we didn't do the Google to discover the Rogue Hero was

If we don't investigate that mission or "End the Siege"(Also a potential PR nightmare if we go in blind) , I think we probably want to find new ones.

[X] Research a contract: Reach out to contacts and data banks to discover more of the truth behind a contract
-[X] Ending the Siege

So, how useful were the drones I set up? Considering that they warned Frank about the second group coming from behind, I think they were worth the action but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

P.S. Don't forget to use their footage in our PR campaign.

Last edited:
So, how useful were the drones I set up? Considering that they warned Frank about the second group coming from behind, I think they were worth the action but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

I honestly think you should do support for every mission, always focusing on increasing our exposure.

A Kony 2012 style campaign to increase awareness of the "I'm a warden not a slaver" CEO, and if it should happen that some newsblogs have some hidden cameras/undercover reporters hidden in the gulags penitentiaries then so be it.

[X] Research a contract: Reach out to contacts and data banks to discover more of the truth behind a contract
-[X] Ending the Siege

I think that without the drones, frank wouldn't have had the advantage of surprise against the pirate captain, so that definitely helped.

Emm, which mission do you think Frank will pick? I don't know which one to support.

Also, how do we get new contracts?

[X]Add a component to Excalibur
-[X] Tech: Jump Jets. Small thrusters placed strategically along the suit to provide an increase in movement speed and jump distance. While not capable of atmospheric flight, these jets allow for maneuverability in a zero-gravity environment.

Hm next round I'll do my own thing but right now if his image is tied to his blade then we should give it one boost. I'm open to collaborating with an omake if anyone's interested!

Also love you guys with politics and business! You make sure to keep us in the know so lots of love.

Emm, which mission do you think Frank will pick? I don't know which one to support.

Also, how do we get new contracts?

Business Actions
-[]Gather new low value/risk contracts(easy)
-[]Gather new medium value/risk contracts (medium)
-[]Gather new high value/risk contracts(hard)

-[X] Organize various support for a contract : Think air support, artillery, even occasionally infantry.
--[X] Using my old contracts in the government provide military support to the end of the siege to make it more of a comprehensive military operation and less of a one man mission. Make sure to enlist help of quality shock troops to balance the hero's less straight forward skill set.

We need more contracts. Do we have any business guys?

-[X] Organize various support for a contract : Think air support, artillery, even occasionally infantry.
--[X] Using my old contracts in the government provide military support to the end of the siege to make it more of a comprehensive military operation and less of a one man mission. Make sure to enlist help of quality shock troops to balance the hero's less straight forward skill set.

We need more contracts. Do we have any business guys?
we have some people with it but don't know if they have voted yet or have checked back into the quest

Back