Magi-Tech Power Armor Creation, Super Hero Manager:Riot Quest

Oh also, I'm completely insane so I accidentally made this in another tab while trying to collect info earlier to help me discuss vote.

Enjoy a list of what my sleep deprived mind is pretty sure is the sum of current actions. We're better off than I freaking out about when I was collecting this info to pressure people about their votes like a dick, because we're using 7+ instead of 8+ like I thought and we're getting a +1 to the crafting actions because we took the blank slate mech.

Seemed like decent perspective for everyone, so I thought I'd copy paste it.

@Bass11 you may wish to switch actions to the one I put on top, myself and Enigma conspired to edit his and make you a Lone Wolf. If you don't see this before lock or don't want to, it's still basically a coin flip and our guy having a Magic Defense skill ain't useless.

[] Add a component to a suite -[] Omnidirectional thaumic protective field --[] A magical shield that Avius developed specifically for the cutting edge technologies and systems within the Excalibur prototype. --[] Provides protection from all directions when active.
Dice so far: 7
Backgrounds in play
"Famous Magical Researcher" 100% applicable

-Underground PR
Dice so far: 8
Backgrounds in Play:
"Account, Businessman, Humanitarian", Should apply with the last two words.
"Professional Bureaucrat" 100% applicable, anyone who thinks that Youtube's content creator side isn't Buraucratic to all hell needs to watch more videos of people bitching about copy strikes.

Train a hero -[] Frank -[] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait -[] Magical Defenses
Dice so far: 2
Backgrounds in play:
"Experimental Test Pilot", not sure if it will apply, but magical shielding systems do need to be tested.

[] Frank -[] Swordsmanship
Dice so far: 9
Backgrounds in play:
"Magical Technician", don't believe it will apply but I have hope because of the absurd Omake I'm about to post.

"Battle Hardened AI" I think it likely applies judging by the first two words

Remove a contract: Which one - [] Kill A Problematic Hero
Dice so far:3
Backgrounds in play
"Corporate Spy", should apply
[]Add a component to Excalibur -[] Ablative Armor Systems
Dice so far: 11
Backgrounds in play
"Theological Engineer" no idea if it should apply, Engineer sounds right but I've got no dog in the God fight.
"Retired Combat Engineer" 100% applicable

[] Research a contract: Reach out to contacts and data banks to discover more of the truth behind a contract -[] Steal a Capital Ship: A set of famous pirates have somehow got their hands on a massive capital ship that they have been using to make even engaging with a fleet dangerous, the mission is to retake after boarding in a special missile.
Dice so far:3
Backgrounds in play
"Newly-graduated publicist" No idea if it should apply

Edit: To be clear, none of my commentary on the applicability of any Backgrounds should be taken as snipes at anyone or anything besides what it is, notes to myself from before I decided to post this.

Oh, and I forgot the best action.

[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[x] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait
-[x] "Way of the Sword"
Dice so Far:6
Backgrounds in play:
"Sage of Swords", if this doesn't apply I [Insert Pissant Forum Ultimatum]

Last edited:
An idea I had for a set of omakes that anyone could add to, was how your character joined the company (which really needs a name) and where they were before joining.

[X] Add a component to a suite
-[X] Omnidirectional thaumic protective field
--[X] A magical shield that Avius developed specifically for the cutting edge technologies and systems within the Excalibur prototype.
--[X] Provides protection from all directions when active.

The best defense is not getting hit. I'd like to teach Frank how to teleport/blink in combat to avoid attacks while giving him mobility. Or alternatively install such a feature in his armor.

How do I phrase my vote to do that @Zedalb ?

The best defense is not getting hit. I'd like to teach Frank how to teleport/blink in combat to avoid attacks while giving him mobility. Or alternatively install such a feature in his armor.

How do I phrase my vote to do that @Zedalb ?

Well you could do it either as a component:

Add a component to Excalibur
-[] Write in Magical component (0 of 5)

Or you could try to do it as a training:

Train a Hero
-[] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait

Either or, you just need to write in what your trying to add.

Name: Marcel "Martlet" Marsh
Background: former secret agent
Politics: 6

-[X] Organize various support for a contract : Think air support, artillery, even occasionally infantry.
--[X] Organize support for mission Steal a Capital Ship. Prepare a team that'll infiltrate the ship beforehand that'll help Frank move inside the ship (provide maps, open secured doors, "not notice" a random ninja, etc), and fly it towards safety. They'll also film it for our (and Frank's!) PR.

I think this should apply my background, but I'm not sure.

Name: Kamlyn "Cassandra" Motozawa
Appearance:
Background: Researcher, Informant, & Chessmaster
(Chessmaster refers more to "Manipulation" here and not actual chess, just in case that wasn't obvious.)
Stats:
Magic - 1
Tech - 1
Business - 2
Politics - 2

Researching and gathering support on Stealing the Capital Ship is cool and all, but it's not gonna be helpful when he's blowing through other missions such as, say, fighting the other hero since a duel between them probably screams "popular" more than beating up some pirates. Adding that to how our contracts can expire on us and just become unavailable, the safest bid would be to try and make sure we act on the things we're already prepping for in the first place before all that becomes worthless due to simply being unable to take that job anymore.

-[X] Remove a contract: Which one
--[X] Kill a problematic "Hero"

Researching and gathering support on Stealing the Capital Ship is cool and all, but it's not gonna be helpful when he's blowing through other missions such as, say, fighting the other hero since a duel between them probably screams "popular" more than beating up some pirates

Yeah, that's why I specifically stated that part of their job would be to film the fight. And I think you missed the fact that the pirates in question are a famous group and that they stole a capital ship, that is dangerous to engage even with a fleet. That means, it's being well monitored.

Name: Kamlyn "Cassandra" Motozawa
Appearance:
Background: Researcher, Informant, & Chessmaster
(Chessmaster refers more to "Manipulation" here and not actual chess, just in case that wasn't obvious.)
Stats:
Magic - 1
Tech - 1
Business - 2
Politics - 2

Researching and gathering support on Stealing the Capital Ship is cool and all, but it's not gonna be helpful when he's blowing through other missions such as, say, fighting the other hero since a duel between them probably screams "popular" more than beating up some pirates. Adding that to how our contracts can expire on us and just become unavailable, the safest bid would be to try and make sure we act on the things we're already prepping for in the first place before all that becomes worthless due to simply being unable to take that job anymore.

-[X] Remove a contract: Which one
--[X] Kill a problematic "Hero"

I agree with you that neither Frank nor the Excalibur is yet ready for a direct confrontation with an experience Hero, but I'm also sure that if Frank is briefed on sevreal missions and one has a camera crew he's taking that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like both action.

[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[X] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait
-[X] Blinking [Aka short range teleportation, to blink away from attacks and into advantageous positions to attack]

"Look, all you brimstone slingers and arcano-science PHDim dims are thinking of building bigger shields, but whatcha not thinking is that them other dudes are thinking how to cut through the bigger shields- it turns into a damn arms race. I believe the best way forward is to just teach the kid a bit of blinking, and not get hit in the first place-a valuable life skills if I can be so blunt. And who better to teach 'em, than a guy who spent the early part of the century disappearing into top hats for a living? Didn't think so."

I mean, it doesn't help against attacks that you don't know are incoming, or AOEs like explosives. Which are plenty in a high tech setting.

For those who aren't on the discord, we've been having a discussion about what we want and need in terms of mods, so here's a list:

Offense:
-Magic amplifiers and modifiers for the pilots acid flame ray thing
-Maybe a holdout pistol or something

Movement:
-Magical blink system
-Jet boosters

Sensor systems:
-Probably tech based

Repair systems:
-Magic or tech based

Hacking/network superiority:
-Tech based

Golems/drones:
-Possibility they can have their own slots for modules
-Tech or magic
-Could have different drones for different purposes
--Offense, defense, scouting, repair, buff/debuff, etc.

EDIT: Also some sort of magic battery/capacitor that can be discharged for a big finisher move

Last edited:
Ablative armor
Here's an omake for you, @Zedalb
With thanks to @codeRR for co-writing this.

--------

Tobias looks over the requisitioned 'tech lab'- really just a larger than normal cargo hold -that shared a space with the resident mall ninja's 'dojo'. A few curses from the companies creatively dictional hero bouncing off the metal walls bringing a grin to the mechanics face as he finishes inspecting the various programs and machinery necessary to maintaining and improving the prototype Excalibur suite.
"Everthin's runnin' alright looks like, all da bits're bobbed and no loose wires hangin' out waitin' ta be snarled." Tobi scratches at his beard as he admires the suites schematics on display "But installin' mods to this thing's gonna be an interestin' challenge."

"Indeed, the Excalibur needs some improvement to make it more user friendly" Henry said as he sipped on his enclosed can of coke, his mjolnir necklace dangling down from his shirt. The engineer was looking over some blue prints they were sent over by the company with an unhappy look on his face.
"It's going to need at least two people to be working on a mod, each!" He shook his head "Dang thing was over speced for what it's suppose to do, they went more for 'be good and empty' but not enough 'user friendly' " he complained as he took apart the latest redesign of the armor mod the two were working on on the laptop he was working as he laid against a crate of unpacked materials.

"Well, Doc, least it's a blank slate." Tobias cracks open another can of brew. "Can't tell ya how many times we 'ad ta tear apart our hardware just ta fix the damn things back in the day. Military contractor bullshite that was." The aging engineer punctuates his statement with a loud quaff of sub-par beer. "This though. This lovely madame is all nice an' clean right from the start." Tobias waves over to where the physical suite is hooked into a maintenance cradle. "She'll take some finesse'n, sure, but once we refine the systems we want ta be installin' she'll be the prettiest girl at the ball."
"Now, what if we reduce the surface area of the ablative segments by about thirty percent. Could we manage ta tesselate the plates properly without impactin' range of motion?" Tobi asks as he leans back towards his own work computer.

Henry nodded and rapidly typed up, then lifting a finger to send the new print over to Tobias "On that note I noticed after the 4th test" he continued as the new print popped up with arrows and info at the shoulder parts "the right shoulder is just a tad thinner then we thought, I'm worried about small variations if that's the case with all of the suit."
The doctor stretched from his seat "As for the segments, I think we could get away with twenty-five percent honestly, that is if we leave small openings around the joints and such. It's risky I know" he reassures "but for a first go through I think it's the best way were gonna get for this first round about. After all we can refine the design afterwards."

Tobias nods along with Henry's explanation. "And if we add a ballistic weave under the plates we could minimize risk ta the joints, while also amelioratin' the shoulder. We'll have ta make sure ta keep an eye on that goin' forward, I'd love ta beef up any discrepancies before sendin' Frank out but we're on a time crunch as it is."
Making a few extra notations to the proposed schematics, Tobi sends a copy back to the doctor. "Alright, if you agree this is the best we can do at the moment we should get the 3D printers runnin'. If you could make sure the alloy printer get's the mix right, I'll handle the weave."

The doctor looked it over with the notations before nodding slowly "I'll get the mix going, had to learn to use the thing when I was thinking of a new material for the blade before you showed me this" he said as he hopped off the crate, crushing the can and tossing it to the can with a FOOSH.
"By the way Tobias" he said suddenly "what do you think on a name for the module? I know we can just call it the Ablative Armor Module but you gotta think it deserves a better name then that right?" He asked him as he walked over towards the required machine, connecting and inputting the commands as the machine came to a groaning start.
"Think the name Pridwen or Aegis System sounds better?"

Last edited:
Ablative armor 2
Speaking of omake

Testing and troubles

Camera starts up with Henry snapping his fingers in front of it
"Alright camera up, this is test 27 on the Ablative Armor System model made by me and Tobias. Now I was able to pull Benji out of the dojo just for a bit to help out."
He turns away from the camera saying loudly "Thanks again Benji!" Before he turned the camera towards the experimental pilot who waved and Tobias who was on computer duty
"Were doing a shoulder armor ejection with manual commands, once we got that worked we'll move to automatic."
Henry moves up to Benji asking about if he's comfortable, everything strapped on and checking sensors on him before moving back behind the camera and yelling "READY BENJI?" To which the man gives a thumbs up
"Alright in 3...2….1-"
the white piece ejects off fine but the force of the ejection was way too intense as the pilot was thrown straight into the wall with a loud CRASH as he slumped against the wall
"Test failure, ejection system just sent Benji into the wall with the force of a rhino charge"
Henry sighs and pinches his nose as in the distance a "I'm ok!" could be faintly heard in the background.
"I'm glad we took those safety precautions" Henry muttered before turning off the camera.

Thanks to the recordings they had made during testing they were able to pinpoint the error in the ejection system that caused Benji to launched, apparently the module had overcompensated for Benji's weight due to an overly sensitive sensor.

Camera turns on as Henry backs up from it
"Alrighty, just to put on the record I'm running this test solo as Benji has his own assignment and Tobias is tweaking some of the Excalibur's arm plate settings. So just me and you camera."
Henry moved over and placed himself within the Excalibur and for the next minute stretched and made sure everything was ready
"Test number 29, auto ejection on the leg plates. Once I press the button the 5-second timer will start and then auto eject the plates as if it took damage in live combat. On my mark timer will start. Mark"
After about 5 seconds the left leg's plate went off but the right plate did not. Henry looked down on it and waited a few seconds before his shoulders slumped and he lifted the leg up to take a step forward, but the plate finally decided to go off which threw the leg back and caused him to spin mid-air for a moment and hit the ground with a CLANG
"...I'm ok" he groaned from his position on the ground.

He had identified that particular problem from the ejection system having a delayed response to the ejection command sent out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watched Iron Man 1 again and thought what the heck why not

Redirecting our own projectiles or an enemies?

I was speaking about enemies. I mean, it can't be bad to be able to do both, but I don't doubt that with magic and the tricky costume Frank'll have enough tactical flexibility already. But I somewhat doubt his ability to defend civilians, for example, because magic seems to be inferior in direct confrontation and our suit can't just shrug off the shots.

I was speaking about enemies. I mean, it can't be bad to be able to do both, but I don't doubt that with magic and the tricky costume Frank'll have enough tactical flexibility already. But I somewhat doubt his ability to defend civilians, for example, because magic seems to be inferior in direct confrontation and our suit can't just shrug off the shots.

Well, if both the armour and shield succeed this turn, then the Excalibur will be super tanky already. And if the defense training works, he'll be even better at using them. So it probably can shrug off most attacks.

Well, if both the armour and shield succeed this turn, then the Excalibur will be super tanky already. And if the defense training works, he'll be even better at using them. So it probably can shrug off most attacks.

I disagree. Getting armor and shield doesn't mean we'll have a good armor and shield, it just means that we'll have a shield and an armor. Considering that most high tech settings focus on weapons' power and range, I fully expect our defences to be pierced by every 3d hit.

I mean, if that wasn't the case, what would heavy suits be for?

Update tomorrow night-ish

last chance for omakes, questions, votes, and flattery.

Shield
@Zedalb, Omake for the magic shield module.

Victor walked up to the door of a repurposed cargo hold and waited as a golem standing by the door scanned him and sent a message to its master.

"Master Avius is waiting for you. You may enter."

As Victor entered the ex-cargo hold, he marvelled at the amount of magical equipment that was already in place for the new workshop, and the number of high-quality reagents and materials for both rituals and manufacture of magical items.

"Ah, Victor, over here." He heard a voice call out from behind a larger piece of equipment that he thought was used for analysis of conceptual effects of materials, and saw a robed man standing over a work bench.

"Victor, what do think of this spell matrix for generating a semi-spherical shape?" The robed man, who he assumed to be Avius, asked.

"It looks like it will produce a near perfect spherical shape, but the crossover at the foci of the matrix looks like it will induce a weak point in the field. What if you use a Halevy circuit instead?"

"Well spotted, and a good idea indeed, lets try it." He switched out the component and started walking back in preparation for a test of the system. "Activating in three, two, one."

The module started producing sound and light, and a field erupted, covering the entire workbench. Avius shot off a mana ray at the shield, it was not very effective…

"Ha! It works." Avius laughed "What should we call it?"

"Well, it sort of looks like a hamster ball?" Replied Victor.

"What? Are you suggesting we call this masterpiece of a suite module The mighty hamster ball!?"

"We could always go with something more technical like Omnidirectional thaumic protective field…"

"Eh, good enough for now, we'll see if marketing can come up with something better in the future."

Turn 2: The first mission
[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[x] "Way of the Sword"
@OneArmedYeti
Magic: 6/Sage of Swords
[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[X] Swordsmanship
@Astra Myst/NA
Tech stat:3
@FatedBread
Technology: 6/battle-hardened AI
-Above rolls fused as omake bonus omake also gave +1reroll threshold and +2 dice.
Successes:5

Frank throws his blade in the way of a sword strike in a method that can best be described as feeble. The fist that crashes into his nose a moment later is an important reminder for something. He isn't quite sure what getting punched in face was supposed to teach him but damned if he wasn't going to learn and kick this old mans ass. It won't even be his fault, he told him to do it!. Frank is quite proud of his logic before the stream of information resumes itself in his ear. The AI giving him "helpful" tips, rather over specific though. "Move your left foot 2.6 Millimeters to the right" What is he supposed to do with that knowledge while being stabbed at? However brute effort is worth something at the end of a few days of this he feels more competent with a blade in his hands, not quite skilled but experience is worth something to him at least. (Trait added)

[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[X] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait
-[X] Blinking [Aka short range teleportation, to blink away from attacks and into advantageous positions to attack]
@CoreBrute
Magic:3/Failed Magician Bunny

Successes:1

Frank studies the basics and theory but short range teleportation is trickier than one would expect, and it is already very tricky. He makes some minor progress but it's very minor. (Trait added)

[X]Train a hero
-[x] Frank
-[x] Magical Defenses

@Bass11
Magic: 2/Experimental Test Pilot

While you try to shore up his defenses your talking about balancing out more than a decade of focused study and that simply isn't happening quickly. With a few books on "my first defensive spell" he starts to study the theory behind protective magic again and makes some small progress (Trait added)

(omake X2)
[X]Add a component to Excalibur
-[X] Ablative Armor Systems.
@codeRR
Tech:3/ /Theological Engineer
@
HammeredApple
Tech:6/Retired Combat Engineer
omakes bonus gave +1reroll threshold and +5 dice.
Successes:8!

The ablative armor project goes amazingly well, in a short few days you have added a light weight but incredibly strong second layer of armor that not only can take several hits from most weapons but when the structural integrity of the part gets to low it will fire off in the direction of the last thing to hit it. The system is of great quality and you thinking upgrading it much more will be difficult. (new component added)
-3MGC

Omake
[X] Add a component to a suite
-[X] Omnidirectional thaumic protective field
--[X] A magical shield that Avius developed specifically for the cutting edge technologies and systems within the Excalibur prototype.
--[X] Provides protection from all directions when active.
@Enigma
Magic:6/Famous magic researcher
@goldenbat
Magic: 4/ Magi-tech Researcher
omake bonus gave +1reroll threshold and +2 dice.
Successes:6

The energy shield comes out very well. You manage to make it quite strong and very close to the system and incorporate it in such a way that it will shrink closer to the armor after the ablative armor comes off. It durable enough to need sustained fire or some really big hits to bring down. It's fairly strong and would be difficult to improve much more. -3MGC

[X] Research a contract: Reach out to contacts and data banks to discover more of the truth behind a contract
-[X] Steal a Capital Ship: A set of famous pirates have somehow got their hands on a massive capital ship that they have been using to make even engaging with a fleet dangerous, the mission is to retake after boarding in a special missile.
Peleus
@QueenPally
Politics:3/Newly-graduated publicist

"The pirates are trying to auction off the ship to the highest bidder you can expect various other factions in the area who will see whatever happens on the mission"

[X] Remove a contract: Which one
- [X] Kill A Problematic Hero
@Vanestus
Business: 3/Corporate Spy
@PitTheAngel
Business:2/ Researcher, Informant, & Chessmaster

Contract removed for this turn and next.

-[X] Organize various support for a contract: Think air support, artillery, even occasionally infantry.
--[X] Organize support for mission Steal a Capital Ship. Prepare a team that'll infiltrate the ship beforehand that'll help Frank move inside the ship (provide maps, open secured doors, "not notice" a random ninja, etc), and fly it towards safety. They'll also film it for our (and Frank's!) PR.
@Varder
Politics: 6/ former secret agent
Successes:2

You are able to work with the originator of the contract to have a series of small high tech drones built into the boarding missile so that they can hack and operate cameras and provide various small support.

-[X] Preform underground style PR (free): (Using the equivalent of YouTube and Facebook to try to start a fan base)

@bdun140
Business 4/Professional Bureaucrat

You manage to get a small number more people watching the stream for the coming mission and with the cameras being added by the previous action get a nice synergy bonus.

Steal a Capital Ship: A set of famous pirates have somehow got their hands on a massive capital ship that they have been using to make even engaging with a fleet dangerous, the mission is to retake after boarding in a special missile.
Peleus

Learning that their was even more people watching cemented franks choice on which mission to take. Your met outside the gate before warping into Peleus solar system by your employer. The dock a small shuttle and give you the boarding missile and have even installed some small security drones in it that are capable of hacking small parts of the ship, as well as providing an audio and video feed. They won't be of much use in combat, but they can provide some information in real time. They set up a conference room on your ship where the live feeds can be watched by everyone who wants to and hook up the suits camera systems as well.

Once everything is settled your ship flies through the warp gate, simply entering one space and instantly exiting another. Even as your partially through you fire the boarding missile as you vent some heat, energy and trash. With the energy signature from the gate and the various small things that fly through with you by random chance it hides the missile until it's close. However the pirate fleet sees the missile once it's close and starts to return fire. An awaiting fleet from your contractor surrounds your ship. In a matter of seconds your shields are connected to theirs making a large energy wall that the pirates are firing into with lasers plasma and explosives most of which are enhanced by magic.

As the life pod crashes through the hull of the pirate capital ship frank hears his comms go off. "Okay frank, you were detected, your on the clock, step one go disable their weapons" Frank steps out of the pod the drones break free of the spots designed to hold them and start to fly ahead of him examining different corridors and mapping out the ship on his hud.

One drone stays right above his head and follows him. He gives a small nod to it. "All right little buddy, you staying with me, that's cool, lets rock shall we?" Frank shrugs his shoulders a few time testing the mobility of his suit and starts to run down the corridor of the ship. Plain steel walls on both sides with door ways on either side the ship has a simple interior, so as he runs he watches his map expand quickly as the drones fly and relay information to him.

Suddenly he comes under fire a barrage of automatic laser weapons start to wear down his shield. Pirates un-uniformed foes using the door ways as cover as they unleash rapid blast of energy into his shield system. Frank unleashes great beams of burning green acidic fire at them from each hand. A human flame thrower charging to close the distance. As he approaches they scream and then their is silence and only melted corpses and steel. He has no time to rest, a drone is shot down and sends it's last image to him, a much larger group is approaching him from behind, they have rocket launchers and are pulling some giant canon on wheels.

"Well fuck if I'm going to let that get a clean line of sight. Come on Excalibur baby lets see how strong you are" Frank grabs a steel door already slightly warped and melted from his fire.He holds it against the wall in the hall way blocking part of the hallway and starts to fire his magical beam at the edge pressed against the wall, welding an end to the hallway. It takes a moment but the two things melt together and start to rapidly cool without him supplying such heat. He rips off a few more doors and in just a minute he has made a wall inside the hallway.

"Okay drones, I need to know where the power to this ship is coming from" He gets some small beep as a confirmation and a moment later a spot is pinged on his map, with a highlighted path twisting and turning through the ship to get there. "Oh, fuck that" He draws his sword and walks forward into one of the rooms that has a wall in his way. It's a simple bunk room with dozens of bunks. He swings his sword and it cuts into the wall, he gives an audible sigh of relief, "That would of looked so dumb if it failed" It takes a few moments but he drags his sword in a circle and pushes forward making a hole in the wall to a different hallway and stepping into it he checks his map and does so again.

Behind him explosions shake the walls, his little welding project not holding them for long. He steps into another room, small and filled with instant meals, it seems to by some supply closet, he doesn't care, the door shuts behind him and more magical acid fire seals it shut. "If they gave me a gun, I could shoot those guys, but no I need to fight artillery with a sword and a flame thrower, fuck me right?" He cuts into the wall at the back of closet and ends up in a bed room where pirates are getting dressed and quickly a number of sides arms are turned on him. He grabs the closet pirate and throws him at the others off offhandedly. "Don't mind me, just cutting through"

With another wall or two cut away he finds himself in the room he was looking for a large room with a number of computers around a large metal closed cylinder. He can hear the hum of power through the wall before he is even inside. He shrugs and throws fire and acid into the computers and a moment later the hum stops and ship goes to emergency red lights. "Hows that for hacking" He says with a laugh before walking out. "Okay, now my little drone buddy, where is this captain".
The fleet battle is going much better without the pirates capital ship firing the shield will hold much longer. "Frank, good job but this still has to get shut down soon".
Frank sighs hearing the radio as he rushes towards the newest mark on his map. "I'm on my way, we know anything about them?" The drones send a few quick pictures, most damningly one in particular.

"Well fuck, it's not a real suit, but still fuck" He finally arrives on the ping on his map. A large pair of double doors open and he see's the captain in a set of heavy power armor, not a real suit but it's the difference between a Ferrari and a tractor, one may be a lot nicer, but they can fuck each other up in the wrong circumstances. The room is huge and multi level with computers and work stations for piloting the ship as well as a large forward window to view the battles from. The other levels are covered in pilots with various heavy and large weaponry. He speaks calmly as he approaches "Being a man of sophistication, culture and advanced military tactics I have to warn you that - FIREEE" He shouts as he suddenly goes from calm to trying to melt the large armored suite. A simply effort to seize the element of surprise. With both hands forward throwing his signature green magical burning acid ray at the wall of steel.

A solid armored fist crashes into his helmet for the trouble, his magical shield buckling and ablative armor denting as the force is strong enough to send him flying into a wall. A rocket crashes into him before he even has a chance to stand. "Magical shield at 5%, Ablative armor at 12%, Condition Poor" "I didn't need the update thank you!" He should as he rushes behind cover of the stations running quickly as explosions and lasers start to tear it apart.

The pirate stands her ground in her heavy giant suit. "This armor is enhanced with every anti magic ward I could rip for my significant years of loot your fire ray will do nothing here" Frank mutters to himself as he ducks behind a steel desk and starts to channel his magic. "I know more than one spell, why do people always think I only know one friggin spell" He jumps over the desk and throw both of his hands upwards where a series of green fireballs take the shape of skulls and suddenly start tracking down and crashing into the other pirates. They shoot at the skulls to little effect and frank and the captain face each other.

Frank grabs his sword off of his back holding it in his left hand. The captain scoffs as she charges at him like a several ton steel rhino. "That sword will do nothing" Frank point his free hand at the ground pouring fire and acid into the steel ground in front of him. As the heavy suit steps onto the weakened ground its heavy foot pushes right through and she starts to trip. Frank feels the world slow down and everything becomes easy as he grabs the handle of his sword, steps forward and preforms a perfectly executed draw cut. The heavy suit slides into the wall behind him. The helmet along with the captains head falls a few feet in front of him. As the drone that followed him zooms into his face he says "Bitch, I am the sword"

Resources:
30MGP(-6+6 No change)
Company Fame: 3
Hero Fame (Frank): 6 "Bitch I am the sword"

He was a poor child who has climbed the ranks in various mage battle arenas or game shows of magical skill. However his tiny bit of fame hasn't been what he was wanted what people really care about are the "heroes" so he decided to take his power and fame to the next level so one day the whole universe will chant his name.
Cost: 30MGP
Traits:
Full Battle Mage: A fully trained battle mage, he has a dozen powerful spells to his name that serve a fairly wide variety of uses, as well as traditional blasting. He is already incredibly dangerous as a powerful (if not arch mage) mage.

Many Ways on a Swordsman's path: Frank has started to study as a swordsman he has however been taught in both a magical and more traditional sense, this gives him some unique insights but no true mastery of either, yet alone both. He has also fought one real opponent with the sword and is started to gain experience.

Teleportation Theory: He has started to study the theory underlying short range teleportation and with time and work may be able to learn relevant spells

Defensive Magic Theory: He has started to shore up his understanding of protection magic and with time and practice may become more of an all round mage rather than the glass canon he is currently.

Burning Magical Acid: Not that frank has been hired you have learned more about him and his combat style, you know that he has powerful magical attacks in the form of rays of magical acid inside a mana ray, that is also on fire.

Style: His fighting style and choices are always theatrical with his desire to be a huge star. Say what you will about it's practicality, but damn it it won't help rake in money from side projects.

Wants to be famous: Will take the mission he feels has the biggest audience.

By a bit of luck you have been offered the chance to test a new top of the line highly modular prototype it's expensive for it's lack of features at the moment, it does however offer a clean slate with a lot of potential. It is on the other hand being sold on the condition of testing, you will have to send data from all of it's missions and it may have glitches of malfunctions yet undiscovered.
Cost: 50MGP

Complexity (1 of 5)

Battery (1 of 5)
Omnidirectional Magical Shield: A strong magical shield which provides protection from every direction and from almost every source of damage.
Strong Ablative Armor: light weight and strong it is an exceptional layer of additional armor that will even fly off towards opponents when damaged.

Empty

Empty

Empty

Empty

Empty

Empty

Empty

Empty

-FREE 0 Slot Component:
Mono Edged Swords, capable of slicing through most traditional materials.
Traits:
Prototype: Failed rolls to create or upgrade modules may in addition to their normal effects also cause some form of glitch or error in the next mission that may range from simply humorous to possibly life threatening. As well it can not be used on secret missions without greatly upsetting the corporation that designed it, since they want data from it being used in live conditions.
Medium Weight: This suite tries to strike a balance between protection and speed. It offers better protection than a light suite at only a small cost to speed and maneuverability, which can more than be made up for with components. Medium weight is generally considered the best all round choice with the other sizes only being good for specialist.
Cutting Edge: As a brand new suite it features all the newest in construction methods and materials, it gains a moderate bonus to all missions and fights against other suites where it's technological and magical edge can shine.
Modular: All rolls to create or improve components gain +1 dice due to its design with upgrading in mind.
Science and Magic Actions

Train a Hero
-[] Try to add a or upgrade magic related trait
-[] Try to add or upgrade a technology related trait

Add a component to Excalibur
-[] Write in Magical component (0 of 5)
-[] Write in Technological component(0 of 5)

Upgrade an existing component

-[] Write in improvement to magical component (None Yet)
-[] Write in improvement to technological component: Sword

Business Actions
-[]Gather new low value/risk contracts(easy)
-[]Gather new medium value/risk contracts (medium)
-[]Gather new high value/risk contracts(hard)

-[] Remove a contract: Which one

-[] Preform underground style PR (free): (Using the equivalent of YouTube and Facebook to try to start a fan base)
-[]Preform Low Cost PR (Cost 5): Small advertisements and digital presence
-[] Preform Medium Cost PR (Cost 20): Much larger multi media blitz
-[] Preform High Cost PR (Cost 50): Huge PR blitz on everything you can think of

-[] Write in: Try to capitalize on fame for money

Political Actions

-[] Research a contract: Reach out to contacts and data banks to discover more of the truth behind a contract
-[] Organize various support for a contract : Think air support, artillery, even occasionally infantry.

-[] Develop better relations with someone you have done a contract for / Which one

-[] Discover competing corporations
-[] Research a known competitor

-[] Organize a small amount of sabotage on another corporation cost 5 (Which one)
-[] Organize a medium amount of sabotage on another corporation cost 20 (Which one)
-[] Organize a large amount of sabotage on another corporation cost 50 (Which one)

Steal a Capital Ship: A set of famous pirates have somehow got their hands on a massive capital ship that they have been using to make even engaging with a fleet dangerous, the mission is to retake after boarding in a special missile.
Peleus
6MGC

Kill a problematic "Hero":Another corporation had a hero go rogue taking their suite with them. They don't want to send one of their own after him in fear they may join him. All they will tell you is that he is in a heavy suite that is only about 30% upgraded.
Delta Orionis
6MGC - Available again after this turn.

Kill a mega corporation president: He owns a fleet that are all high security prison ships, and uses his wealth and influence to push nations and local planets into laws that will provide more prisoners and thus more need for his fleet.
Achelois Nebula
5MGC

End a Siege: A small planet has been under siege for weeks, their energy shields stop orbital bombardments but ground forces have tunneled underneath and are attacking their capital
Sagittarius Galaxy
4MGC
Zedalb threw 8 10-faced dice. Reason: Missed Total: 46
5 5 2 2 10 10 6 6 1 1 9 9 7 7 6 6

Last edited:
Back