Lord of the Stars Quest!

So, this is basically earth-destroyers plan, because I kind of liked most of it, with one major edit (that being replacing the Anti-matter construction with something not dumb).

Personal actions

[x] Work in seeing further into path-space

[x] Expand power pool

R&D

[x] Wireless transference of power for Nanotech (- 40) (+ 25 Mizo) (+ 5 Tori)
Reception is the big problem I can see two ideas to deal one is to build a device that carefully regulates it power to allow for nano to recharge themselves. The other possibility is to setup the Nano to be able to receive power on a specific Microwave frequencies

[x][x] Point to point FTL drive (- 40) (+ 10 Space military R&D Skylar) (+ 15 to two R&D The Wetworks Complex projects)
The advantages of being able to place a ship exactly where you want it will be important in all future space battles.

[x][x] Beta band FTL drive (- 30) (+ 10 Tyrosian) (+ 15 to two R&D The Wetworks Complex projects) (+ 30 The Nanu-laboratory)
Speed is the primary difficultly for logistical work, the solution is to make an even faster drive to make it easier.

[x] Refine N-way fusion (+ 20 AI Hub)
With the rise of Nanotech construction and new harder materials, it is time to redo the N-way power plants to better take advantage to the new technology. It is likely possible to make Titian plants now as well.

Actions
[x][x] The Wetwork Web (32 of 500) (+ 5 Public-Private Partnerships) (+ 20 High Speed Information Highways)

[x][x] Continue Working on Sentient City (373 of 800) (+20 Planetary Exploitation)

[x][x] Construction of Orbital ring, Stage 1. (114 of 500) (+ 15 Bioroid Cloning Plants)(+ 40 Sentient Nano-Plant)

[x] Finish Working on Heavy Cruiser Batch (335 of 400) (+ 30 Industrial Nanofactory Complex)

[x] Investigate Builder War Arsenals (Difficulty -0) (Builder Priority Access Codes+ 25)

[x] Com Relay Network (150 point project)(+ 10 Titan Reactor)

Multipurpose Slot
[x] Ground Units (+20) (+ 20 Anvedus)

[x] The Military Nexus (400 points) (+ 10 Interplanetary Transport Network)

HOTSPOT EVENT:

[x] Antimatter missiles
Magnetic containment of Antimatter to be delivered by missile, possibly using some of the Antimatter to speed the missile to it destination before detonation with a shaped warhead.

[X] Anti-Proton/Positron cannons.
Simple enough really, siphon the particles off of a anti-matter reactor and shunt them to the weapon. Less dangerous than making use of actual antimatter and getting hit while its charging and taking our half your ship but still a powerful weapon.

[x] Anti-matter power generation.
This reactor uses a fuel (like deuterium) and antimatter to create electricity. The fuel is kept in a plasma state, and is then injected into a magnetically contained charge of antimatter. Since antimatter is the opposite of matter, they mutually annihilate themselves, creating a large outburst of energy.

Just saying, but we may want to make sure we did not fuck up the path-space too badly, and try and siphon off power from the star going Nova. Next turn we might want to start expanding into the uninhabited system, both us and our robots.

fallenblades643 said:
Just saying, but we may want to make sure we did not fuck up the path-space too badly, and try and siphon off power from the star going Nova. Next turn we might want to start expanding into the uninhabited system, both us and our robots.
Yeah, we need to start colonizing soon.

Why do you have war arseenals up there when doubling up on the com network can only help as a multiturn project?

Also How does tori apply to wireless transfer of power networking.

Larekko12 said:
Why do you have war arseenals up there when doubling up on the com network can only help as a multiturn project?

Also How does tori apply to wireless transfer of power networking.
1. Good point. I'll change that.

2. No idea. earth may or may not have had a good reasoning for it.

I want to remind that even heroes that don't give bonuses can learn something on critical success of the (research) project...
... And that Midnight's bonus SHOULD be useful for investigating Builder's Arsenals.

...I get the feeling I made my plan too early and everyone lost interest in it and instead decided on new shinier plans.

Oh well.

Edit- Made another change to my plan. Earth Destroyer has a point. We need to finish exploring those War Arsenals.

While back, would have to look for it and I'm too tired to do that right now.

Edit- Should clarify a bit. Regular research projects if doubled up on we cannot get critical successes that give us stuff like the Titan Reactor and the like. Super research projects like the Jorian Inertialess Drive and the Vortex Weaponry you can as you won't get a critical success on them either way as those are point based projects.

Draconas said:
Also, given the anithetical nature or antimatter to matter, it may allow us to create missiles that can attack in pathspace, or that go away from pathspace as opposed to towards it, possibly slowing down whatever it is attached to instead of speeding it up(which would be great for sabotage, as well as allowing possibly allowing us to drag things out of pathspace.
Also, antimatter does not produce power normally, it stores it! Sorry, that's just sort of a pet peeve.
PS. I hear your character like one of those ladies who carries a parasol every and goes "my word" or "well I never" but with a Spanish accent(and I know she might not be spanish but it's hard to tell the ethnicity of cartoons)
PPS. Your know insanity! [insert insanity's gender five seconds from now] is GREAT/awesome/made of yellow flavored moose(pick 7, or 8, or 9)!
Electric boogaloo.

Dreamyr said:
While back, would have to look for it and I'm too tired to do that right now.

Edit- Should clarify a bit. Regular research projects if doubled up on we cannot get critical successes that give us stuff like the Titan Reactor and the like. Super research projects like the Jorian Inertialess Drive and the Vortex Weaponry you can as you won't get a critical success on them either way as those are point based projects.
I'd rather try and ensure sucess than bank my chances on a potential lucky shot, which has no garantue of working.

...You can ensure success by dumping modifiers on it. There's no rush and if we fail we can always try again next turn. There's no imminent threat at the moment that could be defeated by a specific technology if we researched it fast enough.

In short, without a pressing need for that technology. Doubling up on slots for it is a waste.

Sorry, but not voting for Arankor and none of the other plans aside from mine really catch my interest either.

earth-destroyer said:
Of the two things I am research that use more then one R&D slot, both are needed the other three only have one.
...Neither of those are super projects so no they don't. If you want to make sure that they are successful stack modifiers on them and cut down on the number of projects that are so difficult and research something else that doesn't need so many.

No what he's saying is that as as now spread shotting while stacking modfier so that the base is above failure while giving a chance for criticals is better than stack for the simply fact of waste.

earth-destroyer said:
Tori get her full bonus since nano-tech is the bases for our economy. So something like wireless power transference which will improve nano-tech will also improve our economy.
Yeah about that. YOu ask the GM before we have another Midnight Not my Jurisdiction episode before you say that like the word of god. Now if you wrote the wireless transfer of power involves fungal biotech energy node that would be something we'd know was in her purveiw.

TheTruth said:
Arankor, you need to change the Tori bonus for your wireless transference to +5 instead of +30. Tori only gets a +30 bonus to the areas of Economics and Mechanical/Biological Hybridization, or something relating to it. Everything else gets a +5 bonus.
Alright.
As for the Heavy Cruiser Batch...why do you have +70 points of bonus' going to it when it only takes 65 to finish? Wouldn't it be better to only do one or the other then put the odd one out on something else?
A very good point. I'll shuffle around the bonuses.

You know Arankor, you should have named Antimatter Missiles Antimatter warheads instead, since we could probably use the things as ammunition for our mass drivers as well.

Back