Honkai: Star Rail Discussion Thread

T-Though wow, the game really tries to speedrun their relationship huh. Knowing their HI3rd context I don't quite mind, but... the progression does still feel a little off? Like, Seele goes from combative 'haha welcome to the real world princess' to 'i vow to protect you with my life' almost absurdly fast. The orphanage reveal was the stumbling block I think... I get it's another HI3rd reference but Seele pivoting so hard on that makes her come across as kind of shallow? Like there's not even an implication that they knew each other in the orphanage or were childhood friends or anything so it comes across as her basing character judgements entirely on whether people are born topside or not. If the story took things a little bit slower it would have felt more natural, I think.
It's truncated at parts yeah, I think the execution is good enough that I'm willing to accept it but I can't fault someone for finding it too quick. I suspect Belabog fell victim to "first area syndrome", Mihoyo wanted to keep the plot moving so they sped things along at parts. It's not the worst (looking at you Inazuma :V ) but there are places where it's imperfect.

Doing side quests is probably advisable, getting higher trailblazer level means you can start main story missions the moment you get them instead of having to wait. But as always do what you want to do, dailies will naturally increase your TL overtime anyway. There's no need to force yourself.

Doing side quests is probably advisable, getting higher trailblazer level means you can start main story missions the moment you get them instead of having to wait. But as always do what you want to do, dailies will naturally increase your TL overtime anyway. There's no need to force yourself.

It's more the danger of missing content. Like the wanted posters on the surface, if you miss them and clear the story quest, would they still be there? There's a lot of little, non-quest interactable things, some of which only appear in certain missions, and they're often the funniest parts of the game. Ordinarily this sort of stuff would be the things you catch on your second playthough but you can't really apply that logic to a gacha title and it's making me a little paranoid / afraid of missing something.

Also tick another one off for the game references chart in Rust Town with that voice in the window. Anyone know what to do with the broken music box?
The last part of that is unlocked once you finish Belobog, there'll be an NPC standing around in another part of that map.
EDIT: As for missable content, there isn't really. In fact, the wanted posters are actually kinda meant to be done after the questline, considering the wrap-up with them is only available post-main quest.

Last edited:
It's more the danger of missing content. Like the wanted posters on the surface, if you miss them and clear the story quest, would they still be there? There's a lot of little, non-quest interactable things, some of which only appear in certain missions, and they're often the funniest parts of the game. Ordinarily this sort of stuff would be the things you catch on your second playthough but you can't really apply that logic to a gacha title and it's making me a little paranoid / afraid of missing something.
Ah, I see.

As a rule of thumb if it's part of the normal traversable levels then it can be interacted with after a mission ends. Off the topic of my head I can't think of any major things that can be missed by finishing a mission but generally just interacting with anything that's interactable will make sure you don't miss any content. I believe you've mentioned before that you tend to interact with everything you see, continue to do that and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Ah, I see.

As a rule of thumb if it's part of the normal traversable levels then it can be interacted with after a mission ends. Off the topic of my head I can't think of any major things that can be missed by finishing a mission but generally just interacting with anything that's interactable will make sure you don't miss any content. I believe you've mentioned before that you tend to interact with everything you see, continue to do that and you'll be fine.

There actually is a couple of readable items that are miss-able in the 3rd world. However in the 'known issues' they said that they are actually going to fix it in 1.1 so that you can grab them even after the quest.

We have a new redeemable code: HSRVER10JYTGHC

Just 50 jade and some credits but it's better then nothing. Codes are redeemed in-game by pressing the "..." button near the account info on the phone menu.

I don't think I've linked this here, nor anyone else, but we've got a discord for SV/SB Mihoyo games (of which this counts). Feel free to come join and chat about stuff there too.

EDIT: As for missable content, there isn't really. In fact, the wanted posters are actually kinda meant to be done after the questline, considering the wrap-up with them is only available post-main quest.

What about Missable Achievements?

There're achievements for defeating Bronya and Gepard without taking out the Silvermane Guard adds. I don't think you can replay those story sections, so I'm not sure how one would go about collecting them later on.

What about Missable Achievements?

There're achievements for defeating Bronya and Gepard without taking out the Silvermane Guard adds. I don't think you can replay those story sections, so I'm not sure how one would go about collecting them later on.
Simulated universe, perhaps? You can face them again in there, at least.

They've generally been good about making it so that you can still get achievements. I know for certain that the one for using Serval against Gepard doesn't care if it's story or simulated universe.

Ooh, that makes sense. I haven't bothered to clear past World 3 for Simulated Universe yet. Roguelike segments drain me quickly.

There is also the forgotten hall stages which has Gerpard and Bronya fights if you want to skip straight to smacking them.

I don't know if you'd categorize these as missable, but there are mutually exclusive achievements. For examples, there's an eating contest in world 2 that gives you a different achievement depending on whether you win or lose, and Clara's story quest forks at the end.

'Pela E3, Astra E6, Serval E6, Dan Heng E2, Gepard E0, Silver Wolf E0' > my character rolls after rolling on Silver Wolf's banner. I did have to open my wallet a bit (read: $150 AUD has vanished into thin air), alas, as my 130 tickets weren't quite enough by themselves.

So after this gacha experience, I now have both Astra and Serval completely maxed out Eidolon-wise. Guess I should start using 'em in combat? Well, the latter anyway, I've been lvling Astra beforehand as I like her design.

We've got new codes:

BSN2EWMHA4RP

SURPRISE1024

I was saving for Kafka but Silver Wolf's gameplay and design was too good for me to resist. I got her in the 30th pull, I'm pretty sure that may have used my 50/50 but I still have 70+ rolls left and with the abundance of events+daily content I should be able to save sufficiently for Kafka.

Though it may be a moot point, I'll be going to summer training from July 15th to August 18th so I may miss Kafka's banner entirely lol.

Last edited:
Back