Honkai: Star Rail Discussion Thread

Seems nobody's posted for a while. Guess this is good timing, then, as we've had the Penecony 2.0 update for Star Rail arrive over the past month. The first banner is nearly over, which features Black Swan, and a trailer for the next banner character just dropped.

View: https://youtu.be/IpuQvbTwCWU?si=roNNW86BzJ3ekPlv
She seems a bit more mysterious than my initial impression. Sounds like she dislikes wearing a mask? Both literally and in regards to interaction with others, I assume

I was strongly divided between getting her or Acheron, on one hand more Raiden Mei is always a good thing no matter the universe but on the other I love chaotic gremlins and Sparkle seems to be the goddess of that archetype.

This trailer probably pushed me over the edge for Sparkle but it's still close. There's also Aventurine but I've already decided that he's going to be skipped for now.

Last edited:
Hey there. This seems like the right place to post it, so here it is:
When version 2.1 releases, I'm going to post a HSR Quest featuring a player/voter created OC, and I wanted somebody to check out the idea, see if you guys have any changes that would fit the lore better.
Here it is: Quest Idea Thread Idea

Also, on an unrelated note, can the creator of this thread change the thread title to "Honkai: Star Rail Discussion Thread" or "HSR Discussion Thread?" Most people I've seen type the game's name that way, and it would help out visibility for this thread.

I actually will be changing my username to something new soon, (request hasn't gone through yet) so just note that "Rando" refers to me for any future HSR players reading this.

And yeah, now that I get the reference in the title, we should keep it that way. "Space Oddity" would also be nice, but just adding the ":" is good enough.

Let's discuss about some more recent topics. Since I imagine most people here are fairly neutral on the subject of content creators, what do you all think about the Content Creator server that Hoyoverse has made?

For context: a few select content creators/guide makers were invited by Hoyo to get into a server where they could test and show Acheron, Adventurine, and Gallagher early.

Personally, I think it's good that the guide makers will be able to make more preparations for their guides, but I feel that it won't stop the leakers from doing their thing.

View: https://youtu.be/IQQPDPAvxTg
New trailer for Acheron ahead of her release in the next day or two. Very flashy as always, Mihoyo.
what do you all think about the Content Creator server that Hoyoverse has made
I've got no strong feelings either way. While I'm generally uninterested in learning mechanics for X before they're officially released, I understand some fans aren't, and so if the business is actively allowing those fans a way to get a "sneek peak" then it's probably nice?

Not sure if this is exactly appropriate, but it's tangentially related to HSR, so I'll go for it.
Just released a HSR Quest, and we just started voting. If you want to play a quest set in that universe, hop in.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Space Oddity (A Honkai: Star Rail Quest) Sci-Fi - Action

The forces governing this galaxy are called the Aeons. Higher dimensional beings, each representing a different Path to living life. They shape planets and dynasties with the wave of their hands And you, with just a bit more wit, talent, or even dumb luck are one of the strange people who are...

Thinking about Quests made me realize that the Trailblazer seems like the perfect character to fit in a Disco Elysium crossover.

Some of the dialogue/narration written for quirky things like trashcan diving, the phone booths in Belobog or the "Hotel Devil" would fit DE to a T. And of course, the fact the Trailblazer themselves is an amnesiac.

Just a fun thing I've noticed.

Thinking about Quests made me realize that the Trailblazer seems like the perfect character to fit in a Disco Elysium crossover.

Some of the dialogue/narration written for quirky things like trashcan diving, the phone booths in Belobog or the "Hotel Devil" would fit DE to a T. And of course, the fact the Trailblazer themselves is an amnesiac.
Yeah, there isn't anyone else who would fit better. For better or worse, Stelle/Caelus can act like a human raccoon if you pick the correct dialogue options.

Yeah, there isn't anyone else who would fit better. For better or worse, Stelle/Caelus can act like a human raccoon if you pick the correct dialogue options.

Thought Gained: Human Raccoon
"The great Tatalov once walked the same path as you. Among hundreds of trashcans, he alone inspected them with tender loving care. The delight and the caress, found upon the envelope of a bag's plastic encystment -- or the iron sheen of their second skin, you don't discriminate -- is a blessing few can enjoy. Why is that? Perhaps, Tatalov's time has truly passed..."

Effects:
Requires 6h 17m research time.
  • -1 AUTHORITY: Scrounging among the trash.
  • +1 INLAND EMPIRE: Tatalov's mysteries.

Back