Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail

What's the deal with the moogle with a big ass 10th anniversary icon over it?

Are tomestones a "you'll get to them later" thing?

You do marked duties (like the last two ARR dungeons or any PvP stuff) and you get a handful of tomestones upon clearing it. You can tell if a duty is marked because it'll have a big 10 symbol next to it in the duty finder. You can then buy neat stuff that might be otherwise hard to get - like the glowy Extreme mounts that you normally need to farm hard mode boss fights to get. They run every patch before the next patch comes out.

Unfortunately all the marked duties this time are from Endwalker except for Frontline PvP and the Alliance Raids (all of which give out tomestones on completion). Probably because Blue Mage was allowed into Shadowbringers and they're sick of people abusing it to farm the shit out of the tomestones.

Last edited:

Tomestones are one of the main currencies of the game, the sort of thing you start worrying about at level 50 and beyond.

Irregular Tomestones are different. When the game is in the run-up to a new patch it runs a Moogle Tomestone event, where a list of specific duties in the game give a special type of Tomestone as a reward that can be spent to buy various items from the game. Usually these harder to get mounts, special earrings, orchestrians, adventurer plate elements, etc. This particular event also coincides with the 10th Anniversary of the game (hence the symbol), so the list is extra special and big, and started alongside The Rising, which is the game's Anniversary event.

Because of this, Hidden Gorge is a total mess, more than usual. But well, I can achieve regularly 13M of damage on building because of it, it's kinda pleasant. FEEL STRONG !

(specially when, in the meantime, the second is at 3M o/ )

Hope you like it. There are a bunch of mechanics that can make it a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but I find it a lot more enjoyable than the Front.

This and BIG ROBOTS. Don't be afraid to test them if you can. but PLEASE, GOD PLEASE, NEVER USED OPPRESSORS BIG MISSILES ON PEOPLE OR OTHERS ROBOTS. PLEASE.

But outside mogstone time, there is one discord server who organize Rival Wings popping. Usually on Saturday or Sunday night.

So I am sick. Not too bad and slowly getting better but today was one of those "urrrrrrrgh" days so I just kinda thought and thought and listened to some music and five minutes later I wake up to this on my screen

A lot of new rotations are likely, huh.

Fuck it, I'm down. Maybe a whole new rotation will help me fall back in love with Samurai.

Raid was fun (if easy), always nice to see new mechanics get tried. Design of the last boss didn't do it for me, way too busy. Story went the way I was expecting, but they managed to make it work pretty well. MSQ slapped, they landed it well and cleared the deck for the DT setup next time.

Assuming you just fought Ultima Weapon, sorry but not yet. Time for post ARR quests. You got 2 years of patching to get through now.

If you got the second set of credits, then enjoy Ishgard!

Assuming you just fought Ultima Weapon, sorry but not yet. Time for post ARR quests. You got 2 years of patching to get through now.

For what its worth, bear in mind as you do the 2.x content that they got a lot better at patching storylines afterward - if you find yourself bored with the storyline or pissed off that its spinning its wheels and doing things that get dropped soon thereafter, bear in mind that this is the only time they do that and all the other patch cycles are a lot better at tying up loose ends and setting up later stuff.

Oh, so theres a set of credits for after ARR but Before Heavensward?

How silly.

ffffffffuck.

Did i jump the gun in marking A Realm Reborn as "beaten" when it has two sets of credits to see…..

Guess its…. Gonna bother me for years.

Yes, technically the 2.X quests are the 'Seventh Astral Era' quests.

I will add that these have been greatly shortened and a lot of the pointless fluff was removed when ARR as a whole got a makeover. It took the total number of quests there down from 100 to 80, and trimmed the remaining quests as well.

Its still by far the longest patch cycle, however.

Also the most meandering. The rest tie up loose ends and/or set up the future; ARR does its own thing and sets up for something that gets quietly taken behind the barn and shot as an afterthought during 3.0 and then the remnants repurposed for something else in 3.x.

Also SOME setup for 3.0, but more intermittent and disconnected than 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x's setup arcs (6.x is wholly devoted to loose end tying, since it finishes the first major multi-expansion story arc).

Kan-e-Senna be like

Also the "Fake slur" used for Sahagin makes me intensely uncomfortable.

Also the "Fake slur" used for Sahagin makes me intensely uncomfortable.
Beastman? That's a thing throughout Eorzia due to Ul-Dah smearing them in the past, in an attempt to reduce the legitimacy of their... I think it was merchants, but it might also have been territory battles.

Back