EASY MONEY, EASY WAY TO DIE

You might not know much about life outside The Hub, but you know about the Dust King. A local warlord whose made moves on The Hub before, as well as agitating both the Shek Kingdom to the south and the Holy Nation to the north. They say he's as big as a bull, just as mean too. As for the Canyonlands Killer, you haven't heard of him before, but the description on his poster makes your skin crawl. You miss the old man already, he'd tell you there's nothing to worry about, as long as you travel in numbers, you're safe, that monsters such as that fear the light. Living alone is hard.

Last edited:
[X] The Canyonlands Killer seem like the first target to be killed or captured. Make sure to have enough supplies such as food and water to not be led astray by the man. Also, obviously buy equipments such as a shield in order to increase the odds of defeating the man.

TURN ON A CAT

LW: Hey, Maggie? What can you tell me about the Holy Nation Outlaws?
TM: Well, it's not like they're a real group kid. Just a catch-all for former slaves, ex-servants, and runaway criminals from the Holy Nation.
LW: Anything else? Like, where can I find them?
TM: There's no... leadership or anything, it's just the outcasts from the crusades who aren't outright fighting them like the Flotsam Ninja are.
TM: I get the feeling you're sniffing around for a safe group of idiots to join, safety in numbers, right? Just go with the Shinobi.
TM: You already saved up the money, right? You'll have that safety in numbers, and maybe access to some supplies on the road.

LW: Alright, what about the Canyonlands Killer? You know anything about that bounty?
TM: I swear kid, just a week with the old man gone, and you're joining the shinobi and chasing bounties...
TM: You have zero experience fighting, at all. Saw you cry when that hobo beat you with a rusty pipe, had to get Nine-Toes to save your behind.
TM: Join the Shinobi, train, get some battle buddies before you start chasing any bounties, got it?

HE'S THE GIANT NINJA DAT MAKES ALL OF DA RULES

You return to the local Shinobi boss, who eyes you up and down as you approach his tower of thievery.
SB: Alright punk, you got the money? We ready to make this official?
LW: Yeah, I got it. What if I didn't make it through stealing though?
SB: Do I really look like I care? Money is money, long as you pay, you're good.

[X] Pay the man and get started on your training montage, you have dummies to hit and laps to run.

So, what kind of goals do people have for, what we want to achieve? Part of me want to try and rebuild the Hub, though I wonder if that would make sense.

Going into the bedroom, you start to grab whatever you think will be useful on the road. Leather could fetch you a good price at a tailor's shop, the first aid kit is something you absolutely need, along with the raptor bacon the old man was saving for your birthday. Then there's that ceramic bowl he had, nicest thing he owned, kept trying to teach you how to eat with little utensils instead of your hands like everyone else. And those papers he always kept locked in his chest, but despite having skill in absolutely nothing else, you've always been a half decent lockpick. Decent enough to get into the sake when he kept it locked up. You thank the old man for getting you this far, now you're on your own. Best not let him down. There's that city to the southwest, that shack to the north, and places in The Hub you could ask around for directions. Or you could wander into the desert.
Also, do we know what those papers was about?

AN OFFICIAL CERTIFIED BAD BOY

You clasp hands with the boss, and he gives you a nod.
SB: Welcome, brother, to the Shinobi Thieves. Head on in, get yourself some good clothes and a decent sword.
LW: Thanks, what should I call you? You know, you being my boss and all now.
SB: You call me Boss Harvey. Now get inside, you look like a bum with that rusty sword and those ragged threads.
You are now a member of the Shinobi Thieves, your reputation with the Shinobi Thieves is at 100.
You can now use Shinobi training equipment, beds to rest in, get haircuts or plastic surgery, and buy and sell goods with Shinobi traders.

Walking into the hideout, two scorched raise bottles in greeting to their newest recruit. Seems the ground floor is something of a common area, could be a good place to sit down and read the papers the old man seemed to guard so carefully. Or train upstairs, maybe see the merchant.

[X] get started on your training montage, you have dummies to hit and laps to run

[X] Read the old man's papers.

won't take up too much time. we can training montage right away after

LUDIN'S REPORT I

It looks like part of an official report with the Holy Nation seal:
"High Paladin Ludin reporting his patrol.

As ordered by commander Nix, we investigated the Hub, fortunately there was no sign of enemy troops. It appears they have all deserted the region, but, before doing so, the blasted fools sacked the settlement and set it ablaze. The Hub is nothing but ruins: Most buildings are ready to collapse, entire sections of the walls have been destroyed.

Retaking the Hub would be effortless but resettling it will prove most difficult. It appears their troops occupied the town for some time given that no bodies were found inside, but we still don't know what made the Shek savages abandon the Hub.

Further investigation is required."

LUDIN'S REPORT II

The second part of the official report with the Holy Nation seal:
"High Paladin Ludin reporting his patrol.

During our patrol on the southern border, Paladin Lusac's hound spotted shadowy figures atop the hill on which the Hub sits. At this point, the day was getting late and Okran's light had almost fully passed the eastern hill so that we could not clearly see who the intruders were.

Lusac's hound grew increasingly more agitated until it eventually managed to escape his hold and chase after the intruders inside of the ruin. We followed, but during our ascension we lost sight of them. The Hub itself was still empty, but it appeared that somebody had indeed been there: Doors were opened, and items had been moved, for example.

The hound could not be found anywhere within, most likely it was killed during the chase. It is my belief that the Shek may have sent scouts to see if the Hub was retaken. We couldn't see anyone retreating down the southern rampart so they must have set up camp in a nearby cave.

I suggest we send patrols deeper south to prevent any further incursions. I also recommend that Lusac be sent home for a few days, the loss of his hound has been a blow to him."

Back