ARBITRACOM's Pencil Drawings

Tirpitz, the Winterheart, Flagship-General of the Bundesmarine Siberiakorps, 1st Kriegsflotte Nord.

"The effect of Abyssal Frostbore weaponry on mundane flesh and machinery is immediate - and rarely survivable. Sheer kinetic impact, fragmentation and spalling, discharge of murderously cold gasses. But shipgirls and especially battleships are made of far, far tougher stuff, and on them - as well as those few mortal humans able to survive - it leaves a different kind of mark.

Non-lethal exposure leaves a painful, dry pattern of striation upon affected skin, as if the skin is one with the land the Armies of the North fights upon. The most visible effect happens upon contact with soft tissue, especially among shipgirls, in the eyes, lending the mark its popular name: the Frozen Tears."

What ARBITRACOM likes in creature designs:

- compound eyes
- lots of teeth
- pulled, lipless jaws
- long, digitigrade legs
- segmented armour and pauldrons
- long claws
- elaborate visceral details and ornaments

Inspirations: Depictions of the Hindu Garuda, oni, Trinity Strega skin from Warframe, Tsutomu Nihei's cyborgs.

At Rangda two Legions died. But their truth shall march on.

The Arkbird, Gloriana-class battleship, flagship of II Legion: the Order of Feathers.

"... a vast bird of mottled grey-white alabaster in the sky..."

x-x-x-x​

... Is this all?

That was all, my Lord.

Then it is done. I swear by the soul and truth of my Legion that this message will be preserved. The Second and Eleventh Legions, my lost brothers, all that you've sacrificed, will never be forgotten.

Very good, my lord. Very good...

And what now of you?

A quiet day is what remains for me, my lord Alpharius. One quiet day, at the end of glory...

x-x-x-x​

In the end, all that remained to be said is this:

Do not linger on our loss. Do not lament for long, instead look always to what comes after the rain.

We had a dream of peace and justice. This dream might be obscured, and at times we slipped from it, but it will not die.

For what will bring us to triumph in the end is not the Destiny of Man but the decency of the heart.

Do Not Despair!

x-x-x-x​

Yes, this Arkbird is a reference to the Arkbird from Ace Combat.

In background material of Horus Heresy, the prequel to Warhammer 40000, two legions - the Second and the Eleventh - were struck from history, leaving the eighteen known ones to make war in the name of the Imperium, and later to cast it into the Age of Darkness.

Fragmentary teases and clues point to their involvement in the Rangda Xenocides, a conflict of terrifying proportion unrivalled until the Horus Heresy itself came about.

This is my concept and idea for the Lost Legions' identity, and story leading up to their end, something I thought of while TWSF is on hold.

I do have some more ideas outlined, and the Legions' themes and details partially worked out, but from there it remains to be seen what would become of this concept.

For now, know their names:

The Lost Second Legion: The Order of Feathers.

The Lost Eleventh Legion: The Revelators.

Please enjoy, the complete revised drawing of the Large Cruiser Princess.

The drawing was complete around two months ago but I intended to write a piece accompanying it; since it seems currently impossible to write, well, here she is now.

At long last I am able to access a proper scanner in my new place.
--
Desert of the Real, lost flagship of the fallen Eleventh Legion.

Trieste Malleagant, the Lord of Birds, Primarch of the Second Legion, the Feather Marshalls.

Irides Erinneon, the Vagrant Shard, Primarch of the Eleventh Legion, the Revelators.

With credit to @Argus Yomoflach for the description.

The Spur, archaeotech plasma rifle belonging to Trieste Malleagant, Primarch of the II Legion.

Precision and proportionality has ever been the watchword of the Feather Marshals. No ordnance deployed freely, no violence escalated without cause. This is their way before their Lord is found, and continued after with his wholehearted support. Legion and primogenitor agreed completely: if force must be used, then it must be measured and targeted, never without sufficient reason.

Malleagant has ever strove to institutionalize his legion's principles and commitment to universal, humanistic justice and freedom. Moreover, it is said that the Primarch despises few things more than the veneration of bloodshed and the cult of warriorhood.

But perhaps this is his one mistake. Reason, it is said, is also the cornerstone of the Imperium's crusade. Yet the Emperor is a being beyond reason, as are his sons, beings made to lead by singular example. Legends do not stop growing simply because you will it, and the Crusade and the Imperium's ascendancy has made place for warriors and weapons of incredible repute. The humble and restrained Second Legion is no exception.

Chief among the Feather-marked's arsenal is the archaeotech plasma rifle "The Spur", a sleek and compact instrument of ranged devastation encased within the finest craft of the Forgeworld Halicarnassus: wielded with economic flourish, thrumming with power from mankind's lost past, this gun is no brutish machine of impassionate murder stamped out by nameless, lobotomised servitors on some Martian assembly line. It is an artisan work, and an artisan's tool itself, built for one who picks his targets intimately, each plasma bolt shaped and spun for maximum penetration to stamp every kill with the Primarch's searing seal.

It has always accompanied its master, yet rarely fired in anger, for the Primarch is ever concerned about the implications of such displays of personalized power. But where circumstances conspire to justify its use, almost nothing can resist the burning path it carves.

Under The Skin series:

Fubuki.

Musashi.

Kongou.

Yamato.

Inspired by the art of Tsutomu Nihei, traditional art of Hindu Barongs, Japanese Oni and Kongou-rikishi guardians, and in the case of Yamato, Kimetsu no Yaiba,

New and revised drawings.

Destroyer (DD) Fenris-class.

First generation, dreadnought (DN) Vajra-class.

Second generation, dreadnought carrier (DNV) Vritra-class.

Third generation, special operations dreadnought (DNS) Kaliya-class.

"They say the Lions are beautiful. Twelve machines, each the peak of techno-eschatology. And they really do look hungry and prone, black carbon and shining metal with lights that are prismatic no-colors that dazzle."

My interpretation of one of the Lions from SCP-3004.

909 765 2311

KEY ACTALOGOS MORITURI

SOURCE COURONNE-DE-ARBRE

DISTRIBUTION MERINGUE CIRCULAR

INFOSEC CHASM KALIYUGA FLASH

X-X-X-X

RANGDAN AGRI-COLOSSUS

First-designated of a class of macroorganisms belonging to the hitherto unencountered organized alien threat (tentatively designated 'Rangdan' for region of discovery).

Qualifies as a strategic weapon on a planetary scale.

This type was first encountered solitarily attacking the agricultural world of Telamven Unum in the Rangda sector, prior assumed to be a safe region due to its location in the territorial depth. Hypothesis of similarity to other previously-encountered macropredatory xenos is disproven when area scan is both unable to account for the lost biomass and the total cessation of all known biological processes down to the bacterial level in affected areas.

The Telamven specimen is initially engaged by a demi-maniple of Legio Arbitrax engines supported by a banner of Quaestors from House Nyepr. The strike was called off after officers, crews, servitors, and biological components of involved machines began experiencing unexplained catastrophic failures when attempting to engage in close combat. Majority of recovered organic masses are unable to be differentiated.

Legio Arbitrax shifted to a strategy of suppression at extreme range assisted by a formation of Reductor engines from Akira. The immobilized specimen is then subjected to orbital bombardment by Legion fleet assets.

Analysis of recovered remains resulted in the current hypothesis that the specimen is an instrument of distressing purpose: the complete annihilation of all genetically-encoded information. Central to this position is the presence of structures appearing to function as infomorphic holocide processors - containing and deploying semiotic and conceptual enzymes that break down genetic encoding and structures. This capability is offensively used in its consternating ability to project these enzymes using a form of directed-energy weaponry - a 'prion beam' inducing rapid and massed protein misfolding on targeted structures, capable of bypassing titan-grade void-shielding and armour and limited only by range.

This incident compounds the growing strategic situation in the Rangda AO. Current joint Legion strategy is to develop capacity for strategic identification and interdiction as well as rapid response.

Rangdan Cerebravore.

What do I see?

- What do you see?

I see a fear genesis.

I see a mirror, gleaming, bright, glass burned from the sand of the untime desert.

- A reflection, but it's not looking back. In the mirror I am without face.

I see a light snuffed by a pinch of vast fingers from a vast hand.

- A shadow, yet it's running away.

An effigy.

- A tombstone with my name on it; the grave open, empty, waiting.

A joke.

- A truth.

A mockery of Empire.

- Unity is not real.
- It wasn't real when He demanded it with golden fists and without justice.
- It is not real now compared to unthought.

I see us all.

- Mankind served on the silver platter of hegemony

Rangdan Ontovore.

Phosphex killed the world, but it was the Imperium who murdered it. Hegemony's inertia led to this consequence. Unaccountability and arrogance agglomerated, allowed no other recourse.

Where the worldkiller fell something strange blossomed. The thinned veil tore open not into the Warp but to the depths of somewhere, somewhen truer and more basal.

No being, nothing made, could have survived the living flames of Dark Age hatred.

But IT is not a being.

IT walked then 'midst the fields of smoldering amber. A deer with ashen hooves, antlers reaching tomorrow and yesterday, blooming forever with red eyes.

Bathed in the pale unlight of surrendering reality: the unbeing amalgam, God of the Small Numbers.

With credit to @Argus Yomoflach for the phrase "A deer with ashen hooves".

Last edited:
Back