All Hail Your Majesty! 2.0 (Witcher RP)

Opening Post
IMPORTANT!!!

This is the second life of this RP as the first, while it was very active, I had to put on hiatus due to RL. I recommend you go over the old OOC thread and IC thread before you decide if this is something for you. There are currently four old players and one new guy, I will accept a maximum of 3 more players. This is not a first come first serve, I need to know that your schedule will work with the group.

A part of this RP will take place on Roll20, where all large interaction segments and large battles will take place.
This is important because everyone will need to be online in the same lobby at the same time. It will be strictly text based, so no worries if you don't have a mic or a camera.

All other parts of the RP will be played here PBP.

BACK TO RP!!!

This RP will take place in the world of Witcher, created by Andrzej Sapkowski.

All players will get five skills, four skills will be at apprentice level and one will be at master.

Skill levels go like this: Amateur > Apprentice > Journeyman > Master > Legendary > Epic > Mythical

Throughout your journey you will learn new skills, earn perks and level skills through feats. By feats I mean that you must accomplish something monumental (according to skill level) in order to receive perk and level up skill associated with that feat.

For example, in order to reach legendary skill level in Combat mastery you must slay one hundred men during single battle. After this feat is complete you will also receive perk "Hundred Men Slayer", it will disable all penalties associated with fighting against group of enemies.

There will be no stats, the gameplay will revolve around your choices, resources and skills available to you.

I will be throwing you all at the same place (After Witcher 2 and before Witcher 3) in the same time and your ultimate mission will be one thing, to build your own kingdom.

Now, to create your character fill in this form:

Name: (Nothing too ridiculous)
Appearance: (Picture or detailed description)

You have 15 points to spend on equipment, choose wisely.

Armor:
Light Armor Set (Cloth or leather) - 3 points
Medium Armor Set (Chainmail or Scale) - 6 points
Heavy Armor Set (Plate or Half-Plate) - 9 points
Write-In: (Points spent will be decided by me)

Weapons (All weapons will fall into one of those categories, I will let you know which ones when you pick yours):
Light - 2 points
Medium - 3 points
Heavy - 4 points

Misc:
Write-In (I will decided how many points chosen items will cost)

Skills (Below are only some of the skills you can pick, don't be afraid to ask me if you would like to have a skill which is not on a list):

[] Combat Mastery (Five random skills related to combat)
[] Stealth Mastery (Five random skills related to stealth and thievery)
[] Crafting Mastery (Five random skills related to arts and crafts)
[] Management Mastery (Five random skills related to management)
[] Diplomacy Mastery (Five random skills related to diplomacy)
[] Write-in (Specify any five skills of your choosing, pick carefully)

AN: If you have any questions don't be afraid to pm me or ask them in this thread.

Last edited:
I do not know about this. I have hardly heard of Witcher, and what little I did hear of it, I did not like at all.

Why? Witcher is a mature setting but it's not really grimdark or anything. It's very similar to games like Dragon Age, except the usual fluff stuff.

All I heard about it was that it was a video game, and I am not fond of most video games.

All I heard about it was that it was a video game, and I am not fond of most video games.
That's... Not really room for criticism about a setting/story/game/what have you. Especially when the 'game' events are not going on at the same time as the RP.

On the flip side, I nope-ed out when I tried to watch someone play it on YouTube, so otherwise you may have a point.

Looks interesting. I'm somewhat of a fan of the Witcher series, even if the first game was a bit of a slog. I'll start reading up, in preparation for a sheet.

Quick question, though. Is Heavy Armor going to be a detriment, in this game?

I remember some reason or other that Light Armor was universally better, was that the monster simply hit far harder than humans, and that crossbows exist, which puncture armor with regularity.

Last edited:
Zedalb - Zedia Character Sheet
Name: Zedia

Armor:
Light Armor Set:Reinforced cloth Clothing and leather cloak

Weapons: A metal Staff Caped on end with Silver the other Steel.
2 Set of Throwing Knives:Steel
1 Set of Throwing Knives:Silver

Misc:
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic Sign Training and usage
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic herbology and alchemy
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic Customs and Culture

Sign mastery (Master)
Staff Mastery (Apprentice)
Throwing Knife mastery (Apprentice)
Light armor mastery (Apprentice)
Alchemy mastery (Apprentice)

Name: Zedia

Armor:
Light Armor Set:Reinforced cloth Clothing and leather cloak

Weapons: A metal Staff Caped on end with Silver the other Steel.
2 Set of Throwing Knives:Steel
1 Set of Throwing Knives:Silver

Misc:
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic Sign Training and usage
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic herbology and alchemy
1 Book Small Compendium of Basic Customs and Culture

Sign mastery (Master)
Staff Mastery (Apprentice)
Throwing Knife mastery (Apprentice)
Light armor mastery (Apprentice)
Alchemy mastery (Apprentice)
You forgot the picture or description.

That's... Not really room for criticism about a setting/story/game/what have you. Especially when the 'game' events are not going on at the same time as the RP.

On the flip side, I nope-ed out when I tried to watch someone play it on YouTube, so otherwise you may have a point.

Yeah, but I would rather not play an RP based on something that I know absolutely nothing about. I was told that this would be an original steampunk setting. I am opting out of this.

Yeah, but I would rather not play an RP based on something that I know absolutely nothing about. I was told that this would be an original steampunk setting. I am opting out of this.
I think there was a miscommunication somewhere and you missed one of my posts.

Besides, there is a very light undertones of steampunk in Witcher, but much stronger emphasize on magic. You come in early in the timeline, changing it to full steampunk is a possibility.

But I'm not forcing anyone to join, if you don't like the setting, that's fine.

Last edited:
Name: Bethany
Appearance: 5' 3 in height with fair skin, short brown hair and green eyes Bethany wears dark brown leather armor over a brown long coat which reaches down to her thighs along with brown cloth pants, knee height brown boots, brown gloves, and rounding out her appearance are a pair of leather belts which rest on her hips and a brown hooded cloak.

Armor:
- Light Armor [Leather]

Weapons:
Short Bow
-Iron Arrows
-Silver Arrows
Silver Dirk
Steel Dirk
Steel Short Sword

Misc:
Herbalism Kit

Skills:
Light Armor (Apprentice)
Bow (Apprentice)
Sign Mastery (Apprentice)
Horse Riding (Apprentice)
Herbalism (Master)

MysteriousOldGuy - Connall Character Sheet
Waiting on character sheets.

Here's my quick version. Mind giving an opinion?

Name: Connall
Appearance: 6 Ft. Looks deceptively scrawny outside his armor. Brown hair, green eyes, fair skin and a near-constant smile on his face, that turns into a sneer when disgusted, or a snarl while in combat.

Armor:
- Heavy Armor-Plate (Something like Skyrim's Plate or Ebony Armor, just, y'know, made of steel. I like the look)

Weapons:
-Heavy Weapon- Great-Axe.

Misc:

Skillbook-Parrying.

Skills:
Great-Axe Mastery
Battle Instincts Mastery
Heavy Armor Mastery
Leadership Aura
Insight Mastery

A mix between these would be great. I'll continue reading the old OOC for specific skills.

Last edited:
Armor:
- Heavy Armor-Plate (Something like Skyrim's Plate or Ebony Armor, just, y'know, made of steel. I like the look)

Weapons:
-Heavy Weapon- Bastard Sword - 9 points

Misc:
Sheath - 0 points, comes with the sword.
Whetstone - 0 points, come with the sword.
Clothes - be more specific, what kind of clothes are you talking about?
Miscellaneous coins/cash - 100 gold coins for 1 point.

Skills:
A mix between these would be great.
Bastard Sword Master or Sword Mastery (the more general skill is, the weaker it is.)
Battle Instincts Mastery (will let you keep cool head during battles and gives a small bonus to one-on-one duels)
Heave Armor Mastery (you will really need this if you plan to wear heavy armor of any kind)
Charisma Mastery or Leadership Aura (both really useful skills to have)
Insight Mastery (really useful when negotiating, at higher levels allows you to know when someone is lying to you or trying to mislead you)

Bastard Sword Master or Sword Mastery (the more general skill is, the weaker it is.)
Battle Instincts Mastery (will let you keep cool head during battles and gives a small bonus to one-on-one duels)
Heave Armor Mastery (you will really need this if you plan to wear heavy armor of any kind)
Charisma Mastery or Leadership Aura (both really useful skills to have)
Insight Mastery (really useful when negotiating, at higher levels allows you to know when someone is lying to you or trying to mislead you)
Armor:

Weapons:
-Heavy Weapon- Bastard Sword - 9 points

Misc:
Sheath - 0 points, comes with the sword.
Whetstone - 0 points, come with the sword.
Clothes - be more specific, what kind of clothes are you talking about?
Miscellaneous coins/cash - 100 gold coins for 1 point.

So, the weapon costs 9 Points or was that for the Armor?

When I added 9(Heavy Armor)+4(Heavy Weapon), I came up with 13.

With 2 points left to spend, would it be better spent on having 200 gold coins, or a Skill book, you think?

Alright, Sheath/Whetstone with the sword, that's good.

As for clothes, its just regular clothes that one wears when not in armor. Pants/Shirt/Cloak/Shoes/Socks, etc.

For skills, yeah, Battle Instincts, Mastery Heavy Armor Mastery, Leadership Aura and Insight Mastery, sound good.

One more question, though, and I might change my weapon depending on this.

How are you going to handle 2-handed Swords, vs 2-handed axes, and what will a shield do in this system?

So, the weapon costs 9 Points or was that for the Armor?

When I added 9(Heavy Armor)+4(Heavy Weapon), I came up with 13.

With 2 points left to spend, would it be better spent on having 200 gold coins, or a Skill book, you think?

Alright, Sheath/Whetstone with the sword, that's good.

As for clothes, its just regular clothes that one wears when not in armor. Pants/Shirt/Cloak/Shoes/Socks, etc.

For skills, yeah, Battle Instincts, Mastery Heavy Armor Mastery, Leadership Aura and Insight Mastery, sound good.

One more question, though, and I might change my weapon depending on this.

How are you going to handle 2-handed Swords, vs 2-handed axes, and what will a shield do in this system?
Damn it, sorry I was on my phone and accidentally put the points into wrong line.

Yes, heavy armor costs 9 points, but bastard sword is actually a medium weapon so it costs 3 points, for a total of 12.

There is already some cloth under your armor but yeah sure you can take regular spare change for 1 point.

I recommend taking a skill book. Skill books are rarer than coins.

Weapons will function mostly based on your mastery, whoever has higher or more specific mastery, wins.

Shields are mostly there for blocking projectiles, deflecting blows from melee weapons and for being used as a blunt weapon unless it's a spiked shield.

Now, post your new character sheet with your choices. Or edit your old one, don't matter which one just tell me when you do.

Damn it, sorry I was on my phone and accidentally put the points into wrong line.

Yes, heavy armor costs 9 points, but bastard sword is actually a medium weapon so it costs 3 points, for a total of 12.

There is already some cloth under your armor but yeah sure you can take regular spare change for 1 point.

I recommend taking a skill book. Skill books are rarer than coins.

Weapons will function mostly based on your mastery, whoever has higher or more specific mastery, wins.

Shields are mostly there for blocking projectiles, deflecting blows from melee weapons and for being used as a blunt weapon unless it's a spiked shield.

Now, post your new character sheet with your choices. Or edit your old one, don't matter which one just tell me when you do.

Alright, well, I'll be changing my weapon to a 2-handed Great-Axe. Should count as Heavy.

I'll go with 2-Handed Axe Mastery, for the skill, and.... hmmm.

Would Parrying count as an eligible Skill book?

Its something pretty much all of us could use.

I'll be editing my original sheet.

DaLintyGuy - Rick Steele Character Sheet
More or less copy/pasting my old entry...

Name: Rick Steele

Armor: padded cloth tunic, chain mail, breastplate and helmet.

Weapons:
Smithing Hammer (~5 pounds?)
Recurve Bow + Quiver
Steel Arrows
Silver Arrows

Sneak Mastery-Apprentice
Bow Mastery-Apprentice
Trade Mastery-Apprentice
Blacksmithing -Mastery
Engineering-Apprentice

Back