Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Trump supporters on SV keep to Quests and UF, due to N&P being- according to Trump supporters- "toxic".

That said, there are a few who still participate in N&P. They tend to keep their opinions quiet, though.

Guy spends forever being a complete pain the ass over the smallest of hills. This goes on for years. Then he second he gets confronted about it he's like "Year whatever."

Kind of an anticlimax. If I was on the tribunal that would kinda piss me off I tell you what.
Weirdly it seems like even the one where the guy didn't even bother showing up took more efforts on everyone's part.

But like, Tribunals aren't actually show trials with one possible outcome.

You have options to save your butt and this guy chose to use exactly none of them.
Admittedly, those options all rely on coincing people you have the interest and/por capacity to get on with SV's way of operating, which they seemed to largely lack.

Guy spends forever being a complete pain the ass over the smallest of hills. This goes on for years. Then he second he gets confronted about it he's like "Year whatever."

Kind of an anticlimax. If I was on the tribunal that would kinda piss me off I tell you what.
If indeed he is a troll as he is accused of and kinda confessed to, that would make sense. It is quite common for trolls to have little to say for themselves when properly pulled up on their actions.

Weirdly it seems like even the one where the guy didn't even bother showing up took more efforts on everyone's part.
Well, yeah. A trial in absentia is a lot more work than a quick guilty plea.

Honestly, given how easy it is to get leniency in a permaban tribunal, it might make sense to start them a lot earlier, knowing that more people would get off. It would weed out the people who can learn from those who can't.

Honestly, given how easy it is to get leniency in a permaban tribunal, it might make sense to start them a lot earlier, knowing that more people would get off. It would weed out the people who can learn from those who can't.
Hear that? That's the sound of the entire CC hurling eggs at you, probably. :V

Hear that? That's the sound of the entire CC hurling eggs at you, probably. :V

But the CC is so bored and underworked. They must be dying for more. Let's double, no triple the amount of permaban tribunals, not even to weed out those who can stick to their promises but as a favor to our poor councillors with nothing to do.

But the CC is so bored and underworked. They must be dying for more. Let's double, no triple the amount of permaban tribunals, not even to weed out those who can stick to their promises but as a favor to our poor councillors with nothing to do.
Hey, it would reduce the overall number of infractions, which would reduce the number of appeal tribunals.

b e t.

[yells in 200 point infraction]

Warning: A Friendly Reminder
warning
This is the Administrative Tribunal Commentary; if you have nothing to say about the current case then do not post; and if you have nothing more to say than "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" or any whatsoever replacement to such sentence, then do not post.

User @Rat King has received a 25 point infraction for violation of Rule 5: Do not make it harder for us to do our job, and has been thread-banned for three days, for violation of the thread policy. He is not the only user that was toeing the line however, but he is the one that quite frankly went past it.

This also serves as a reminder of the Thread Policy in question.

If you can write "Ding Dong the witch is dead" in place of whatever it is you wish to say, then simply do not post.

Have a nice day.

Pft, I'm off the train in like 3 weeks.

(Narratively this means I should get shot a week before retirement)

Ah, yes. You were just showing us all pictures of your family and mentioning that vacation you were FINALLY going to take with them on that boat you saved up all these years to buy!

Exactly. After all, with a few weeks left, what could possibly go wrong?
I made it to retirement, y'all can make it to retirement too! We can be free together!

(this is now when the criminals from said cops' pasts show up to kill them :V)

2019-AT-11: Staff & ThePoarter
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

2019-AT-11: Staff & ThePoarter Upheld

@Council: The Staff has determined that the user @ThePoarter should be permanently banned from Sufficient Velocity. Our reasoning for this action is straightforward: Since March of last year, @ThePoarter has accumulated eleven infractions for points. Of those, no fewer than seven have been for...

Awww... Is this going to be a thing, where perm-ban defendants just go and plead guilty? I miss the days of yore, when the defendants would make utter fools of their own defense by attempting to deflect blame and other such tactics. Far more entertaining, that was.

...I just realized that made me sound like an old codger.

Well, that was simple.

I suppose for the staff and Council these cases are for the best, as boring as it might be to witness.

Awww... Is this going to be a thing, where perm-ban defendants just go and plead guilty? I miss the days of yore, when the defendants would make utter fools of their own defense by attempting to deflect blame and other such tactics. Far more entertaining, that was.

...I just realized that made me sound like an old codger.

Well it frankly makes things easier for the council by a mile so I don't see an inherent issue with some people just pleading guilty.

Though obviously his reason that nobody wants to hear an ex-Muslim as to why he didn't defend himself is an abjectly horrifying one.

SV takes great pains to reform problematic posters and gives them chance after chance to show that they can be a contributing member of the community. I'm sure everyone who posts on SV on a regular basis realizes just how lenient SV is a lot of ways.

It's a shame that most people don't take correction or discipline with the spirit that it's intended in. They would much rather rail against what they perceive of as corruption and abuse. While it's nice to see someone accept that they find a hard time fitting in with the community's rules, it's sad to see them being unwilling to grow or learn from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back