Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Volant spent a lot of time banned, but I was clearly unaware of the scale of the problem.

I propose a new system: anyone who passes a certain treshold in a certain section of the forums should be reviewed whether they are allowed to stay in that subsection. This not only covers News and Politics, but also User Fiction, Fiction Discussion and so on. The exact details could be discussed, but that's the general gist of it.

Because heyyyyy maybe if you're infracted ten times when discussing Politics, maybe you shouldn't be discussing Politics.

The fact we don't have a system in place for this sort of thing yet is baffling.

I am absolutely going to bring this up in the next meeting. Anyone want to pitch in on the discussion can talk about it on the CC Discord. I'll be there for at least an hour, insha Allah.

Yeah, I always liked the use of specific forum bans. And I'm glad it got used here.

I propose a new system: anyone who passes a certain treshold in a certain section of the forums should be reviewed whether they are allowed to stay in that subsection. This not only covers News and Politics, but also User Fiction, Fiction Discussion and so on. The exact details could be discussed, but that's the general gist of it.

Because heyyyyy maybe if you're infracted ten times when discussing Politics, maybe you shouldn't be discussing Politics.

The fact we don't have a system in place for this sort of thing yet is baffling.

I am absolutely going to bring this up in the next meeting. Anyone want to pitch in on the discussion can talk about it on the CC Discord. I'll be there for at least an hour, insha Allah.

I'm not sure if it'd really benefit from that level of specificity?

I'm not sure if it'd really benefit from that level of specificity?

The treshold can be discussed, it's flexible, but it should absolutely be discussed.

How many problematic posters stuck around for so long? How the hell did Volant had that many infractions and no one stepped in and proposed a more permanent fix?

The system as is, ain't working.

I thought there was already a user review process after several infractions?

Given how different the communities within SV can be, I think that banning from specific subforums rather than the forum as a whole is a much better solution. To the point where I thought that such a thing was so self evident I never even realized that such a policy wasn't already in place.

Different people attend different areas, and Even if the same person is in two different subforums, they will often have very different behaviors between those subforums. The notion of banning someone from the entirety of SV due to their poor conduct in a single location is sort of... Crazy?

It certainly doesn't make any sense from where I stand anyways...

I thought there was already a user review process after several infractions?

There is.

It is, by all accounts, insufficient. It only happens during the tipping point where a user will almost be on the block to be banned.

If such reviews were to happen early on, it would save everyone a lot of headaches.

There might also be mechanical issues setting that up. Unless it's all by hand, of course.

Ask Xon later?

Might also be a idea to post that in forum suggestions.

There is.

It is, by all accounts, insufficient. It only happens during the tipping point where a user will almost be on the block to be banned.

If such reviews were to happen early on, it would save everyone a lot of headaches.

Perhaps 100 points in a year should trigger a review and a user improvement program? This shouldn't be a tribunal, but perhaps the Council should discuss a poster and hand them a warning and suggestions to help them avoid future trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back