Your Headcanons?

Konrad Curze is the reason the Imperium has so many skeletons used as decorations in the modern day.

Some of the many crimes that he punished included OHSA violations.

So he'd see a place lacking in guard rails, he'd find whoever was responsible for its design/maintaining the area, and he'd skin them alive and use their bones to decorate the safety features that they should have built themselves. He did this a lot.

Years upon years later, without knowing the context, Imperial architects would see such "classical" architecture and seek to mimic what was done during the Great Crusade by the Emperor's sons, and so built many safety features using skulls and bones, and this eventually spread to all architecture.

Speaking of Wh40k even without the manipulation of the Chaos Gods the Imperium would have had a civil war at some point. The mishandling of some of the Primarchs by the Emperor especially Angron and the resentment that some of the Primarchs like Magnus and Pertuabo felt towards some of their brothers made it inevitable.

Touhou Headcanon:
In spite of being called a Youkai, Yukari technically isn't one. Exactly what she is defies categorization as she's essentially a unique existence, being a living, breathing spacetime glitch akin to Raziel from Soul Reaver.

Last edited:
While undergoing therapy after the end of the movie, Amelia Vanek is approached by a mentor who teaches her how to properly control her powers instead of just repressing them. After Samuel grows up and leaves for college, Amelia travels the world and uses Turn The Lights Off to defeat evil stand users.

While undergoing therapy after the end of the movie, Amelia Vanek is approached by a mentor who teaches her how to properly control her powers instead of just repressing them. After Samuel grows up and leaves for college, Amelia travels the world and uses Turn The Lights Off to defeat evil stand users.
What does this refer to? I get the Jojo reference, but not the rest of it.

Highschool DxD headcanon:

The biggest reason Rias is having so much trouble with her entire arranged marriage situation is that she's entirely unsuited to noble life specifically.

She thinks very much like a human rather than a devil, much less devil nobility. She seems to just not think of any sort of ways to do things but the legal, over-the-board ways. Beating Riser in a rank game being basically the only option she could think of because, say, sneakily getting him poisoned or ruining his reputation or faking her death or some other crap that most nobles would do in a similar situation doesn't even blip on her mental radar.

The rest of her family are expecting noble scheming and shrewdness from someone whose only real desire seems to be to live a quiet life doing what she likes with people that she likes, and who expected to just go to school, then college, then find a job she enjoys and live out her entire life like that.

Rei Ayanami actually has extensive self-defense and weapons training.

This is not actually so she can defend herself.

Rei has been taught this so that if she is captured, she's far too much of a pain in the ass to hold and someone will inevitably end up having to shoot her, because Rei is replaceable but having her interrogated by anyone not all-in on Gendo's plans would be disastrous.

Star Ocean 2:
Precis' parents named her that because they're dorks and decided that they should clearly name their daughter something that's pronounced (almost?) identically to precious.

Fate/EXTRA:
I'm halfway convinced that the Moon Cell is either made by a humanity from the future, or by a humanity from another universe. I can take or leave this interpretation, but it's an impression that hasn't left me since I had it while reading through the related mats.

Last edited:
Fallout headcanon:
Greenland might be the last normal, civilized place left in the Fallout universe. Middle of fucking nowhere, nobody cares about them, far enough away from everything to get little in terms of fallout, isolated enough to already be mostly self-sufficient out of necessity, and the global warming from the nukes would've just made it more livable.

40k two of them
1. Every piece of media and codex we've seen is written from an unreliable narrator at best and, much more likely, an unreliable imperial narrator at worst. This used to be as far as I'm aware actual canon more or less back in the earlier editions but seems to have stopped being the case sometime during the period I tuned out of the setting. Regardless, this ends up meaning more or less everything we know about the alien species is second hand and warped by imperial propaganda to justify the imperiums continued existence.

2. The DAoT humanity was not anywhere near as impressive as the Imperium thinks it was, especially technologically. The eldar empire seemingly didn't even notice it despite ruling most of the galaxy at the time, and the Emperor was alive and well (and a scientist) during that time so presumably anything he came up with for the Great Crusade was either the best of DAoTs tech or stuff he thought was better. The Votann getting added to the setting and most of their equipment being on par, maybe slightly better but not significantly, with 40k imperial tech and them being explicitly by word of god DAoT remnants really just confirmed this for me. Same with the Iron Man that shows up in Black Fortress being relatively comparable to an imperial war machine even if he swapped his weapons out for imperial ones his body is still the same. (Also DAoT remnant nations with active DAoT tech getting steamrolled in the great Crusade)

Last edited:
Ooh, a headcanon thread!

Over the years, I've developed lots of headcanons about the personality and history of each protagonist from the Pokemon games. This was before Masters came out and gave the protagonists different personalities, but I've elected to ignore that.

I won't talk about all of them now, so I'll spin an online wheel to see which protagonist I should talk about.

And the result is...

HILDA!

But I don't actually feel like talking about her, so Dawn it is.

Dawn spent the first five years of her life in the Kalos region, living in Lumiose City with her dad. Her dad, while wealthy and important, was pretty neglectful, more focused on his company than raising his daughter, and things came to a head when he accidentally got off a train while Dawn was asleep, leaving her alone on the train for several hours. While Dawn was unharmed -- she just stayed in her seat and read a book until her dad found her -- this was the tipping point for her mother, who wound up successfully suing for custody of Dawn. Dawn kept hearing her parents screaming at each other over the phone, and though her father kept sending her expensive gifts, she quickly grew to side with her mother.

Dawn spent the next six years in Sinnoh, growing up in Twinleaf Town. She formed a close bond with Barry, since they were both homeschooled and their moms were friends. Dawn, though lacking in social skills, was a very quick learner, especially in terms of math and science, and by the time she was eleven, she was the homeschool equivalent of a ninth grader. However, she only had one friend (Barry), and didn't seem all too interested in socializing with others her age, which worried her mother. When she got a Pokemon and went on her journey, her mom was glad, seeing it as an opportunity for Dawn to make more friends.

Dawn's party eventually grew to include six Pokemon: Empoleon, Rotom, Porygon-Z, Glaceon, Lucario, and Blissey. She was given an egg by Cynthia, but the egg broke in an accident, and Dawn was furious with herself, though she didn't show it.

Aaaand I suddenly don't feel like talking about Dawn anymore, because I want to get back to my quest. Might write about her some more later, idk

Last edited:
Fallout headcanon:
Greenland might be the last normal, civilized place left in the Fallout universe. Middle of fucking nowhere, nobody cares about them, far enough away from everything to get little in terms of fallout, isolated enough to already be mostly self-sufficient out of necessity, and the global warming from the nukes would've just made it more livable.
I had the headcanon/ fan idea that Haiti survived unscathed, and that they were one of the few places in the Fallout world to end up better in the long run after the great war then before it. creating their own empire in the Caribbean. They deserve it, considering all they have gone through.

Skyrim: Ancano was a religious fanatic even by Thalmor standards, hence why he was sent to the College of Winterhold.

Nelecar was an escapee from the Dominion. His experiences left him with a particularly black and white sense of morality, which is why he had no problem with making an artifact that condemns souls to a fate worse than death but is convinced that Azura was responsible for his partner's unethical activities.

some fnaf songs exist in universe. For example the FNAF 1 and 2 Raps and Phone Guy song. The songs were made after the security fotage was uncovered between FNAF 1 and 3.

At least one "episode" of Columbo ends extremely abruptly.

The beginning is the standard "watch the killer set everything up, seemingly covering all angles with maybe a small slip-up that would be unraveled over the course of the episode."

Then the killer meets or is told that Columbo will be investigating the murder.

The killer goes, "Wait, you said Columbo? Wasn't that the guy involved in some of those high profile cases? Shit, the guy arrested his own Lieutenant Commissioner, that story made national headlines! I'd, uh, just like to call my lawyer and arrange for my confession now, if you don't mind."

Roll credits.

While playing through Threads of Fate a while ago, I didn't particularly expect all too much. I'd heard about it, and what I'd seen of it was interesting enough that I'd thought I'd give it a shot, and then when I started playing it, I enjoyed it.

And then, over the course of the game, I found myself slowly drifting into a reading of the game (well, Mint in particular) that left me wondering, even while I was playing the game, how much of it was intentional vs. how much of it is me reading into it in an unintended way. That being said, I do think that it's a fairly compelling read, so:

I don't think Mint really wants to take over the world. And on some level, I think she knows this.

Backing up a little, Mint ultimately left her home because of...well, because she doesn't want to eat pumpkins and out of spite. She wants to get a super powerful relic so she can take over the world and stick her tongue out at them. She was still treated fairly well though, and really going back was an option at any given time, but she never did. You can chalk this up to some amount of spite and pride, but I think there's more to it than that.

What impressions we have of Mint prior to her going off into the world are, well, she's not exactly a pleasant person, and she's in the perfect position to indulge in all of her vices. But circa the majority of the game, you see that she's, while still somewhat prideful and an idiot, a rather better person than the one we see at the start of her route. This isn't something she character develops her way into on-screen--rather, the way it's presented, it seems to me that a significant portion of this change is a result of actually being placed in circumstances which best allow her to be a better person...and she seems a lot happier doing it, too. This much is something that I think is intentional.

Over a lot of the game, she does help in looking for the Relic around Carona, for her stated reason of taking over the world, and she does do a few things that actually hypothetically progress her goal (see: Wylaf), but the way it's done is...well, she doesn't try to form any real coalition or whatever, and her interaction with Wylaf really came across to me as being more like a shonen protagonist going to fight this really strong person for No Actual Reason, Just Felt Like It. And for the connections she has with Not Team Rocket and Rod, she seems to honestly enjoy running into them.

Something else that I think is fascinating in light of all of this is that, toward the end of her route, when she approaches Doll Master, she accuses him of being why she hasn't been back home in two years (this isn't the case, as he points out that no, her inheritance of the throne being revoked was an agreement than everyone came to completely besides all his plans, but that's besides the point for this). But when contrasted with the rest of the game, and especially with her having to be convinced to go back home (and even then, she mentions to herself that she'll just run away again if she gets bored), and furthermore, with the fact that Maya has to convince her to rule with her, when her right to the throne being taken away was what kicked off her entire journey, it makes it come across as...well, it definitely doesn't give the impression that she really wants to go back, and when taken with other bits across the game, to me, it throws doubt on whether she even wants to rule anything in the first place.

Taking all this together, along with some vibes I got along the way, I was kind of left with the impression that fundamentally, "to take over the world" is, at least at this point, an excuse to adventure around while still having some kind of goal or direction--something distant that, really, even if she did get a Relic, would still likely be a pie in the sky dream. After all, the monarchy she came from had a Relic of its own, and they hadn't taken over the world. And something like the Dewprism definitely doesn't seem to be common, either.

I can't really explain as well why I think she knows this on some level, since it's mostly based on vibes and a few pauses that came across as somewhat suspicious to me in-context (particularly towards the end), but this is a headcanons thread, I don't have to give a great explanation for everything. :V

Last edited:
I think Sokka is a trans girl (and a lesbian but I digress). I wrote up a whole thing when I submitted this to a tumblr gimmick account, so I'll just paraphrase it:

The most obvious smoking gun is the Kyoshi Warriors episode - she has a baseline incomprehension of the concept of being able to be both a warrior and a woman, a dichotomy she attempts to maintain even outside of her initial misogynistic belief system, until she is directly made to alter her cognitions by Suki; it is possible to be a girl and a warrior, as Suki says. At which point she is visibly shaken in the group shots of her on Appa and so on for the rest of the episode - she is also still in the Kyoshi garb. This, I think, is because she is so invested in being the Last Man left in the Water Tribe, there to protect them all, and the prospect that she can still be herself whilst also *being a girl* is terrifying to her, as it is to, like, a lot of girls when they start thinking about transition!

All throughout the show there is a persistent theme of Sokka feeling obliged to perform masculinity - the trial with Batu, the way she approaches Piandao's whole deal and then confesses she has mislead him; when Piandao says "you are more worthy than ANY man I have ever trained" Sokka has a little freakout and confesses to having "tricked" Piandao. She is crippled by the terror that she will never be good enough to make her dad proud, due to some indefinable internal flaw? It is just all very familiar as a trans girl narrative, I think.

So. That's my headcanon.

The Tyranids are the perfect society and a true psychic democracy uniting every cell, strand of DNA, biomorph, and organism in a great Gestalt Chorus that is free of internal strife or flaw. The Tyranids are not truly hostile to other life forms, but rather their existence is so far removed from beings with individualistic minds not held aloft in the great unity that they do not actually recognise them as being genuinely alive and intelligent in the first place. Think of how a human body is from a bacteria's perspective; a conglomeration of a hundred trillion cells of every shape and size that seem to all be different individuals but in truth are just parts of the same body.

To such beings, death is no such thing, the body is merely clothes for the immortal consciousness that transitions smoothly between raiments of flesh and the eternal song of the greatest civilisation to have ever existed. And when they devour something, they briefly recognise the other soul and then it is redefined into another song in the chorus, another Tyranid. Thus the Tyranids in a way, kill no one and in fact, grant everlasting life and so the Genestealer Cultists are completely correct about the devouring being a process of ascension. It's just in a way that's scary and unpleasant for us as it involves the death of our limited, mortal flesh so that our true essence can be free in the Chorus to sing of victory everlasting.

Thus the Tyranids are not merely the perfect society, they are also the heroes of 40k and their victory would be freedom for all life from the grip of death and the loneliness of individualism which is embodied most strongly by the forces of Chaos; that anti-social force of self destruction which the Tyranids have a true and meaningful cure for. If the Tyranids could understand the flicker-lives we live, they would pity us, perhaps enough for them to make ascension a choice, rather than a byproduct of their quest to bring all that exists in perfect togetherness.

They do not mean us malice, anymore than we mean the microbiota that lives on what we eat and make into part of us malice. It's incidental at worst. They do not even imagine us to be alive since we are so far removed from their experience of what constitutes as intelligence, and in the vastness of the universe they seem to be almost alone. But whenever they try to probe at something, if they probe at it as is; the individual dies from the sheer overload if they attempt anything resembling conversation because we're not built to connect to the whole Gestalt at once. If they make it able to endure, they have turned it into a tyranid, thus the only perspective they can truly appreciate, communicate with, and understand is that of the Tyranids.

And as a gestalt that has spread through dozens, hundreds, thousands, millions, billions or more galaxies, the only means of surviving the Tyranids in the long run is coexistence and finding a way to reach out and speak to their Chorus in a way that can be heard and make our case to find our own way to ascension rather than having it be brought upon us through the unification of consumption. There is no conventional military solution against a gestalt of such incomprehensibly superior scale and overall might. Only learning to build bridges and talk things out so that we can walk the cosmic road of time together.

Last edited:
Dark Souls 3 headcanon:

The Abyss Watchers, unlike every other lord of cinder, did not actually abandon their duty upon resurrection. It's just that, with all of them having linked the First Flame at once, their flame has been spread thinly and they just couldn't relink it again. And then most of them proceeded to go mad from the Abyss within them.

So the few sane-ish ones we see in the game have been busy trying desperately to unify their souls so that they could actually relink the flame, but they just kept on standing back up and fighting more and more, essentially ending up in an eternal loop. Only reason they actually fight us is due to a rather annoying at moment time sense of pride.

The sietch from Dune is just a different transliteration of the Ukrainian "Sich" or its Russian equivalent "Sech", the autonomous fortress community of the Dnieper Cossacks.

Back