Xianxia Encompassing the World! (Xianxia Rec Discussion and Idea thread)

Honestly, the thing that gets me is when an MC is talking shit to one antagonist or another who is inevitably at a higher cultivation level and every time the antagonist and whatever peanut gallery is around are spewing the usual bullshit about Mt. Tai, fireflies and the bright moon, etc etc. Right up until the MC uses their OPlznerf power to jump realms and beat the shit out of them.

Early on, I can tolerate it. But when we're deep into xianxia land and at high cultivation levels it just grates. Like, completely ignoring all MC related bullshit and whatever their reputation may or may not be it always strikes me as something that should make the generic antagonist stop and think. People know what the difference between cultivation levels means and takes a lot of time and effort, especially when we're like 7-8 realms deep or whatever. That they still are choosing to call you out should mean they obviously have something to rely on. Even discounting bullshit realm jumping shenanigans, it could easily be a lifesaving treasure or one of their elders is hanging around or they've got a powerful clan or sect or whatever backing them up.

Nope, none of that. Just a brain dead moron who apparently cultivated through sheer dumb luck.

It's fine if people are surprised by a cheat, since usually they are Out of Context Problems, there's no reasonable way other people can anticipate them.

It annoys me when it tips over from "Sleeping Dragon" to "Entrapment."

Sure, they're keeping a low profile to avoid danger, but when some dirty beggar stumbles into the most expensive auction house in the city and starts slobbering over the goods, that's creating more problems than it solves.

I remember one story where it happened over and over, but as their power grows and their reputation didn't it started getting weird.

The kid's parents were dead, his shop was in debt.
He had extra knowledge and power to fix it any time he wanted, but he didn't want to draw attention.
So to the main family, he was a child that couldn't keep his shop afloat (and hadn't sold anything), so they sent someone to take it over.
The stuck up main family member comes sweeping in and demands to take control, the MC mumbles and fumbles around until the guy gets frustrated and moves to strike him, and then gets crushed.

On the one hand, sure he was an ass.
On the other hand, pay off the goddamn debt!
Even if it draws attention, it would prevent him from having to fight constantly and draw more attention!
That arrogant ass had a legitimate reason to think he was doing the right thing!

Yeah, and it's always more satisfying when the MC's enemies have some idea what they're dealing with, make plans to counter it and the MC manages to beat them anyway. It feels like there's genuine tension.

And then there's the time where the MC's rivals just have the something- a power, a technique, an ability, etc. that counters or suppresses their combat ability when they faced the MC for the first time. That's just irritating.

Here's a fanfic I found:

My disciples are all sand sculpture players
(You can find it by searching 我的弟子全是沙雕玩家)

Summary: After four years, He Yiming finally became a new sect master, activated the sect system, and received a sign-in reward!

The system actually summoned Blue Mercury's friends to collectively wear souls, reshape their bodies, and become sect disciples!

So the style of Zongmen changed!

Big Black Soul: Although the monsters in the novice village can kill us instantly, as long as one block rolls, it can be killed without damage!

Middle 2nd player: You don't have the power to seal in your right hand, but you can still build a scorpion fairy! Come to Lao Tzu's crash course! Package teaching package meeting!

Tower defense player: The beast tide is coming, the guard He Yiming has formed a group, the arrow tower, the ice turret, and the Feijian position are fully prepared, and a monster can be missed.

Aboriginal monk: What? Can He Yiming's disciple build a foundation in three seconds?

What? He Yiming's disciple has no damage to single-handedly brush the big demon?

What? He Yiming's disciples per capita sky fire?

Are you saying it again?

Here's a fanfic I found:

My disciples are all sand sculpture players
(You can find it by searching 我的弟子全是沙雕玩家)

Summary: After four years, He Yiming finally became a new sect master, activated the sect system, and received a sign-in reward!

The system actually summoned Blue Mercury's friends to collectively wear souls, reshape their bodies, and become sect disciples!

So the style of Zongmen changed!

Big Black Soul: Although the monsters in the novice village can kill us instantly, as long as one block rolls, it can be killed without damage!

Middle 2nd player: You don't have the power to seal in your right hand, but you can still build a scorpion fairy! Come to Lao Tzu's crash course! Package teaching package meeting!

Tower defense player: The beast tide is coming, the guard He Yiming has formed a group, the arrow tower, the ice turret, and the Feijian position are fully prepared, and a monster can be missed.

Aboriginal monk: What? Can He Yiming's disciple build a foundation in three seconds?

What? He Yiming's disciple has no damage to single-handedly brush the big demon?

What? He Yiming's disciples per capita sky fire?

Are you saying it again?
I'm sorry, I don't understand this MTL at all.

Yeah. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be a fanfic of. And that badly translated summary does nothing to make me want to read it. Sounds like any random 2.8/5 xianxia webnovel you care to pick out of the pile.

Yeah. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be a fanfic of. And that badly translated summary does nothing to make me want to read it. Sounds like any random 2.8/5 xianxia webnovel you care to pick out of the pile.
I suggest you take a look at that user's posting history.

Recommending random 2.8/5 webnovels is pretty much what that user does... and they always put in the exact word-for-word quote summary blurb of the webnovel in question, too. I'm almost certain that it's some sort of SEO thing. I've reported them before, but technically it's on-topic for the thread, so....

Last edited:
I suggest you take a look at that user's posting history.

Recommending random 2.8/5 webnovels is pretty much what that user does... and they always put in the exact word-for-word quote summary blurb of the webnovel in question, too. I'm almost certain that it's some sort of SEO thing. I've reported them before, but technically it's on-topic for the thread, so....
I wouldn't presume malice where bad taste suffices. There is a rather sizable group of people who read and presumably enjoy that stuff.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this MTL at all.
I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be a fanfic of.

Basically, the MC got isekaid to a cultivation world. He has a power that let's him get stronger by being a Sect master and developing his Sect.

Since he doesn't have strength or a solid background, his third option is to go to cultivation school to get qualifications. Graduated 4 years later and choose an extremely desolate area, with no one around for thousands of miles, to set up his Sect in a low-key manner.

With no one around, His power mutated which allows him to summon the souls of living people from his original world and recruit them as disciples for his Sect.

To the people of earth, they're playing a online virtual reality game. Swords Art Online Style.

Cangxuan Continent.

There are thousands of races here, and hundreds of demons are rampant! Sometimes there are alien invasions from outside the territory! There are also countless treasures of heaven and earth, and opportunities are everywhere.

Everyone can continue to become stronger through cultivation, even to the extreme, move mountains and fill the sea, and become omnipotent!

At this time, the most desolate and sinister extreme desolate area in the Northern Spirit Realm.

In the ruins of a sect that has been uninhabited for a hundred years, two figures, one old and one young, are standing in the sect hall.

"He Yiming, are you sure? Do you want to choose here and build your sect?"

"This sect was slaughtered a hundred years ago! This place is also called an extremely desolate area with no one in a thousand miles. Because the human race cultivators could not survive here, they all left here a hundred years ago." The old man asked.

"Yes! I'm pretty sure!" The boy called He Yiming nodded with a firm gaze.

"Well, from today onwards, this is your sect! Drip the first-grade sect seal into your blood essence, and print it on the sect hall, even if the registration is complete!" the old man Wang Ping reminded.

A rank is the lowest sect! There are still two grades on it, all the way to the sixth grade!

Above the sixth rank, is the legendary Holy Land!

In the entire Northern Spirit Realm, there is only one Holy Land, and it is also the most powerful force!

With the seal of the first-rank sect, you can find a blessing by yourself, and then open a sect to establish a first-rank sect! Be recognized by the Northern Spirit Realm!

Otherwise, if you build a sect privately, unless your strength is against the sky, you will be besieged and destroyed by all the sects!

He Yiming nodded, took out the golden first-grade sect seal, dripped blood essence, and printed it on the central formation of the sect hall.

As the light flows, the registration ceremony is complete!

It means that He Yiming has officially become the new sect master of this sect.

"Yanghuangzong!"

He Yiming printed the name he had thought of for a long time into the main hall formation. At the same time, on the stone tablet outside the sect, the three characters of Yan Huangzong slowly emerged.

"Congratulations, Sect Master He Yiming of Yanhuang Sect! A month later, this old man will come to pick you up for the first round of the academy's assessment!" Wang Ping, the old man in gray robe, reminded again.

The old man Wang Ping is a notary of Haotian Academy, and his task is to be responsible for assessment and supervision!

And He Yiming is the chief graduate of Haotian Academy this year!

Haotian Academy mainly teaches all kinds of cultivation knowledge, theory and sect management, etc. At the same time, it also trains successors, sect management, or outstanding talents for various major forces!

Its prestige in this Northern Spirit Realm can be said that no one knows it, no one knows it!

Just like He Yiming, the top ten graduates from Haotian Academy this year have all obtained the first-rank sect seal granted by Haotian Academy, and have obtained the qualification to establish a sect!

He Yiming and other ten people have to go through a one-year inspection period. Only by passing rounds of assessments and tests can they finally be qualified to become the head of a sect!

If the assessment fails, it will naturally be deprived of the seal of the sect and lose the identity of the sect master.

Watching the old man Wang Ping go away, He Yiming suddenly laughed.

Because in my mind, the familiar voice finally sounded after four years!

"Ding!"

"The host meets the activation conditions and becomes the head of a sect! The strongest sect system is activated!"

"Finally..." He Yiming almost burst into tears after hearing this voice.

He Yiming is not from this world, but a traveler!

Four years ago, He Yiming traveled to this world of cultivation!

On the first day of time travel, He Yiming awakened the system, but the trick is that this system requires He Yiming to become the head of a sect before it can be activated!

In this world of cultivation, it is too difficult to obtain the qualification of the master of a sect!

Either have the strength against the sky, or have a solid background!

It's a pity that He Yiming doesn't have both!

So He Yiming is eyeing the third way!

Join the most powerful academy in the Northern Spirit Realm, Haotian Academy!

It took four years for He Yiming, who was Xueba in his previous life, to finally graduate as the chief and qualified to establish a sect.

"Let me see how the strongest sect system is..." He Yiming closed his eyes and listened quietly.

At this time, the system prompt sound is continuously ringing.

"Binding the host... binding the sect..."

"Ding! Activated successfully! Ding, successfully bound to Yanhuang Sect!"

"Activate the sign-in system!"

"Activate the mission system!"

"Release the sect mission!"

"Recruit fifty disciples for three days!"

"The faster the task is completed, the higher the degree of completion, the higher the evaluation, and the richer the reward!"

After listening carefully, He Yiming immediately began to study it.

This strongest sect system is constantly upgraded and stronger with He Yiming's continuous development of sects! More features and more power!

But the top priority is to sign in as soon as possible and receive the sign-in reward for the first day!

The reason why He Yiming chose to build a sect in a place thousands of miles away from no one!

I just want to find a place where no one is there to grow in a low-key manner, sign in every day to receive rewards, isn't he fragrant?

What is the most dangerous thing in the world of cultivation?

Not a ferocious monster!

Not even a sinister environment!

but the heart!

How could He Yiming not understand this truth?

"Ding, the host signed in successfully!"

"Sign-in reward, disciple recruitment system!"

"Ding, it is detected that there is no one in a thousand miles, and the disciple recruitment system has mutated into a foreign disciple summoning system!"

"The otherworld disciple summoning system, the host can summon a living person from the original world, come through the soul, and reshape the body for it, make a contract, and accept it as a sect disciple!"

With the sound of the system, He Yiming was startled.

mutated?

The system is actually mutated, and it can summon the souls of living people from Blue Mercury to cross over?

He Yiming studied it carefully before he understood it.

This otherworld disciple summoning system is equivalent to a login device!

Blue Mercury's friends, after receiving the virtual helmet sent by the system, can log in, traverse this world in a way that the soul is separated from the body, and automatically enter the new body created by the system.

For these Blue Mercury friends, the cultivation world where He Yiming lives is like an online game!

And Blue Mercury's little friend is the fourth natural disaster... player!

Even if Blue Mercury's friends die, their souls will return to the system, and will not be taken away by this side of the heavens and brought into the underworld.

"The fourth natural disaster... This is good!" He Yiming was overjoyed!

Your own sect system was signed on the first day, and it gave such an awesome function?

Players can not only fool around, but also call to sign a super unequal treaty immediately!

From then on, he can control the life and death of players with a single thought, and he doesn't need to worry about betrayal.

"System, start summoning!" After He Yiming told the system of his plan, the system started to summon according to He Yiming's plan.

Basically, the MC got isekaid to a cultivation world. He has a power that let's him get stronger by being a Sect master and developing his Sect.

Since he doesn't have strength or a solid background, his third option is to go to cultivation school to get qualifications. Graduated 4 years later and choose an extremely desolate area, with no one around for thousands of miles, to set up his Sect in a low-key manner.

With no one around, His power mutated which allows him to summon the souls of living people from his original world and recruit them as disciples for his Sect.

To the people of earth, they're playing a online virtual reality game. Swords Art Online Style.

Cangxuan Continent.

There are thousands of races here, and hundreds of demons are rampant! Sometimes there are alien invasions from outside the territory! There are also countless treasures of heaven and earth, and opportunities are everywhere.

Everyone can continue to become stronger through cultivation, even to the extreme, move mountains and fill the sea, and become omnipotent!

At this time, the most desolate and sinister extreme desolate area in the Northern Spirit Realm.

In the ruins of a sect that has been uninhabited for a hundred years, two figures, one old and one young, are standing in the sect hall.

"He Yiming, are you sure? Do you want to choose here and build your sect?"

"This sect was slaughtered a hundred years ago! This place is also called an extremely desolate area with no one in a thousand miles. Because the human race cultivators could not survive here, they all left here a hundred years ago." The old man asked.

"Yes! I'm pretty sure!" The boy called He Yiming nodded with a firm gaze.

"Well, from today onwards, this is your sect! Drip the first-grade sect seal into your blood essence, and print it on the sect hall, even if the registration is complete!" the old man Wang Ping reminded.

A rank is the lowest sect! There are still two grades on it, all the way to the sixth grade!

Above the sixth rank, is the legendary Holy Land!

In the entire Northern Spirit Realm, there is only one Holy Land, and it is also the most powerful force!

With the seal of the first-rank sect, you can find a blessing by yourself, and then open a sect to establish a first-rank sect! Be recognized by the Northern Spirit Realm!

Otherwise, if you build a sect privately, unless your strength is against the sky, you will be besieged and destroyed by all the sects!

He Yiming nodded, took out the golden first-grade sect seal, dripped blood essence, and printed it on the central formation of the sect hall.

As the light flows, the registration ceremony is complete!

It means that He Yiming has officially become the new sect master of this sect.

"Yanghuangzong!"

He Yiming printed the name he had thought of for a long time into the main hall formation. At the same time, on the stone tablet outside the sect, the three characters of Yan Huangzong slowly emerged.

"Congratulations, Sect Master He Yiming of Yanhuang Sect! A month later, this old man will come to pick you up for the first round of the academy's assessment!" Wang Ping, the old man in gray robe, reminded again.

The old man Wang Ping is a notary of Haotian Academy, and his task is to be responsible for assessment and supervision!

And He Yiming is the chief graduate of Haotian Academy this year!

Haotian Academy mainly teaches all kinds of cultivation knowledge, theory and sect management, etc. At the same time, it also trains successors, sect management, or outstanding talents for various major forces!

Its prestige in this Northern Spirit Realm can be said that no one knows it, no one knows it!

Just like He Yiming, the top ten graduates from Haotian Academy this year have all obtained the first-rank sect seal granted by Haotian Academy, and have obtained the qualification to establish a sect!

He Yiming and other ten people have to go through a one-year inspection period. Only by passing rounds of assessments and tests can they finally be qualified to become the head of a sect!

If the assessment fails, it will naturally be deprived of the seal of the sect and lose the identity of the sect master.

Watching the old man Wang Ping go away, He Yiming suddenly laughed.

Because in my mind, the familiar voice finally sounded after four years!

"Ding!"

"The host meets the activation conditions and becomes the head of a sect! The strongest sect system is activated!"

"Finally..." He Yiming almost burst into tears after hearing this voice.

He Yiming is not from this world, but a traveler!

Four years ago, He Yiming traveled to this world of cultivation!

On the first day of time travel, He Yiming awakened the system, but the trick is that this system requires He Yiming to become the head of a sect before it can be activated!

In this world of cultivation, it is too difficult to obtain the qualification of the master of a sect!

Either have the strength against the sky, or have a solid background!

It's a pity that He Yiming doesn't have both!

So He Yiming is eyeing the third way!

Join the most powerful academy in the Northern Spirit Realm, Haotian Academy!

It took four years for He Yiming, who was Xueba in his previous life, to finally graduate as the chief and qualified to establish a sect.

"Let me see how the strongest sect system is..." He Yiming closed his eyes and listened quietly.

At this time, the system prompt sound is continuously ringing.

"Binding the host... binding the sect..."

"Ding! Activated successfully! Ding, successfully bound to Yanhuang Sect!"

"Activate the sign-in system!"

"Activate the mission system!"

"Release the sect mission!"

"Recruit fifty disciples for three days!"

"The faster the task is completed, the higher the degree of completion, the higher the evaluation, and the richer the reward!"

After listening carefully, He Yiming immediately began to study it.

This strongest sect system is constantly upgraded and stronger with He Yiming's continuous development of sects! More features and more power!

But the top priority is to sign in as soon as possible and receive the sign-in reward for the first day!

The reason why He Yiming chose to build a sect in a place thousands of miles away from no one!

I just want to find a place where no one is there to grow in a low-key manner, sign in every day to receive rewards, isn't he fragrant?

What is the most dangerous thing in the world of cultivation?

Not a ferocious monster!

Not even a sinister environment!

but the heart!

How could He Yiming not understand this truth?

"Ding, the host signed in successfully!"

"Sign-in reward, disciple recruitment system!"

"Ding, it is detected that there is no one in a thousand miles, and the disciple recruitment system has mutated into a foreign disciple summoning system!"

"The otherworld disciple summoning system, the host can summon a living person from the original world, come through the soul, and reshape the body for it, make a contract, and accept it as a sect disciple!"

With the sound of the system, He Yiming was startled.

mutated?

The system is actually mutated, and it can summon the souls of living people from Blue Mercury to cross over?

He Yiming studied it carefully before he understood it.

This otherworld disciple summoning system is equivalent to a login device!

Blue Mercury's friends, after receiving the virtual helmet sent by the system, can log in, traverse this world in a way that the soul is separated from the body, and automatically enter the new body created by the system.

For these Blue Mercury friends, the cultivation world where He Yiming lives is like an online game!

And Blue Mercury's little friend is the fourth natural disaster... player!

Even if Blue Mercury's friends die, their souls will return to the system, and will not be taken away by this side of the heavens and brought into the underworld.

"The fourth natural disaster... This is good!" He Yiming was overjoyed!

Your own sect system was signed on the first day, and it gave such an awesome function?

Players can not only fool around, but also call to sign a super unequal treaty immediately!

From then on, he can control the life and death of players with a single thought, and he doesn't need to worry about betrayal.

"System, start summoning!" After He Yiming told the system of his plan, the system started to summon according to He Yiming's plan.

Reminds me of one WN I read where gods were empowered by faith and could in turn empower their followers, where the MC became iirc a god of games with a system that let him run by MMORPG mechanics where all the followers could level up by killing stuff and a portion would go to the MC, and the MC could give quests and stuff.

Xianxia Index
So, figured I'd finally get around to making that Xianxia recommendation index I promised however long ago. Let me know if there's anything I should add, and if anyone wants to write a review or notes for a story in thread, tag me and I'll link it here. It's a work in progress atm.

A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality
Author: Wang Yu
Translation Status: Fully Translated
Xianxia Type: Standard
Isekai: No
A poor and ordinary boy from a village joins a minor sect in Jiang Hu and becomes an Unofficial Disciple by chance. How will Han Li, a commoner by birth, establish a foothold for himself in in his sect? With his mediocre aptitude, he must successfully traverse the treacherous path of cultivation and avoid the notice of those who may do him harm. This is a story of an ordinary mortal who, against all odds, clashes with devilish demons and ancient celestials in order to find his own path towards immortality.

A Will Eternal
Author: Er Gen
Notes: Featuring one of the more moral MCs, read a couple other Xianxia first so you don't let this MC set your expectations.
One Will to create oceans. One Will to summon mulberry fields.

One Will to slaughter countless devils. One Will to eradicate innumerable immortals.

Only my Will… is eternal.

Archaen Eon Art
Author: I Eat Tomatoes
In a world dotted with World Entrances to a demon world, demons have invaded humans for centuries. Humanity has united and one of the most ancient sects in the world, the Archean Mountain Sect, has set up an entire education system in the form of Dao Academies and defenses at the World Entrances. Meng Chuan, a young genius, is an expert at the swift saber. Despite his noble heritage, he has one goal—kill all demons. Scarred by demons because of how his mother sacrificed her life for him, he strives to enter Archean Mountain Sect to get the best resources and training. Other than cultivation, his only pleasure is drawing. And as he draws, he becomes stronger… Enjoy this blood-pumping piece of art in Meng Chuan's journey to slay demons with the help of united human comrades.

Aspiring to the Immortal Path
Author: Yuanfen 0
Translation Status: Ongoing (250+ Chapters)
Isekai: Yes
Tang Jie, an ordinary office worker from Earth, is transmigrated into the body of an orphan, in a world of mighty cultivators who rule over the mortals. Unwilling to remain weak and powerless, he aspires to Immortality! A bandit attack, a friendship with an Immortal; thus begins his long journey on the path of Immortality!

Coiling Dragon
Notes: Is now only available as a Kindle eBook due to a deal WW made. Can still be found on Webnovel or aggregate sites.
Empires rise and fall on the Yulan Continent. Saints, immortal beings of unimaginable power, battle using spells and swords, leaving swathes of destruction in their wake. Magical beasts rule the mountains, where the brave – or the foolish – go to test their strength. Even the mighty can fall, feasted on by those stronger. The strong live like royalty; the weak strive to survive another day.

This is the world which Linley is born into. Raised in the small town of Wushan, Linley is a scion of the Baruch clan, the clan of the once-legendary Dragonblood Warriors. Their fame once shook the world, but the clan is now so decrepit that even the heirlooms of the clan have been sold off. Tasked with reclaiming the lost glory of his clan, Linley will go through countless trials and tribulations, making powerful friends but also deadly enemies.

Desolate Era
Notes: Featuring one of the more moral MCs, read a couple other Xianxia first so you don't let this MC set your expectations.
Fate had never been kind to Ji Ning. Wracked by illnesses and infirm his entire life on Earth, Ning knew early on that he would die as a teenager. What he didn't know was that there really was such a thing as life after death, and that the universe was a far larger place than he thought. A lucky twist of fate (one of the few in Ning's life) meant that Ning was reborn into a world of Immortals and monsters, of Ki Refiners and powerful Fiendgods, a world where Dynasties lasted for millions of years. A world which is both greater…and yet also smaller…than he ever could imagine. He would have the opportunity to join them, and in this life, Ning swore to himself, he would never let himself be weak again! The Era he was born into was a Desolate one, but Ning would make it his era.

Divine Throne of Primordial Blood
Author: Zero Fate
Notes: Amoral Researcher MC. MC doesn't remain blind for long.
Su Chen lost his sight in an unfortunate, unanticipated encounter. He was unwilling to give up despite suffering one of the most tragic fates possible in the human realm and fought on. Su Chen wants to use his own efforts to create a completely new destiny, both for himself and for mankind!

History's Strongest Senior Brother
Author: August Eagle
Translation Status: Ongoing
Xianxia Type: Meta
It was Yan Zhaoge's first time transmigrated into another world. He landed in a martial warrior civilization that was at the peak of prosperity. He ended up in the Divine Palace's library, which collected and preserved the classics of the entire world from all fields of knowledge. However, a world-class calamity struck soon after, and even the Divine Palace was destroyed.

Yan Zhaoge's soul once again transmigrated into another world. The twist was he arrived in the same world, except countless years have passed.

With his brain full of rare books and classics from the era of peak prosperity, Yan Zhaoge's second transmigration to the present era was like a gamer who was used to playing hell mode suddenly finding himself playing the game on easy mode.

That was just way too awesome.

But before that, he would need to fix a problem.

"I'm not the main character? In fact, I'm actually the main character's love rival and the antagonistic Mr. Perfect senior brother? This script is wrong!"

I Shall Seal the Heavens
Translation Status: Complete
I Shall Seal the Heavens is the story of the young scholar Meng Hao, who gets forcibly recruited into a sect of immortal cultivators. In the cultivation world, the strong prey on the weak, and the law of the jungle prevails. Meng Hao must adapt to survive. Filled with both comedy and drama, I Shall Seal the Heavens remains one of the most beloved xianxia stories ever translated. What does it mean to "Seal the Heavens?" This is a secret that you will have to uncover along with Meng Hao!

Nine Evolutions of the True Spirit
Author: SleepingAutumn
Translation Status: Ongoing (300+ chapters)
Notes: Isekai knowledge is used for an actual plot point.
This is a world filled with mysteries from a conspiracy that has lasted tens of thousands of years;
This is a story about an ordinary cultivator's passion and perseverance in his cultivation path;

The rise of a sect foreshadows tactics and trickeries;
The confrontation between two races reveals alliances and betrayals;

Countless deaths and secrets were buried in a catastrophe. As the secrets were slowly exposed, so too unfolded the mysteries of this world.

Let's follow Lu Ping, an ordinary cultivator of Zhen Ling Sect, as he makes his name known in this world, forges his own legacy, and unveils the secrets of the unknown past!

Renegade Immortal
Translation Status: Complete
Wang Lin is a very smart boy with loving parents. Although he and his parents are shunned by the rest of their relatives, his parents have always held high hopes that he will one day become someone great. One day, Wang Lin suddenly gained the chance to walk the path of an immortal but found that he only had mediocre talent at best. Watch Wang Lin as he breaks through his lack of talent and walks the path towards becoming a real immortal!

@The Grey Mage I know of a few that really should be on a list.

1) Forge/Threads of Destiny
2) Cradle
3) A Thousand Li
4) Beware Of Chicken

And more but droping 4 out of the gate is already big ask.

Let me know if there's anything I should add, and if anyone wants to write a review or notes for a story in thread
- World of Cultivation by Fang Xiang
- Cultivation Chat Group by Legend of the Paladin

Also, having read some couple hundred Renegade Immortal chapters, I can say that it's a high quality story featuring a thoroughly unpleasant individual living a bleak, unhappy life. So yes, it's well-written, especially by xianxia standards, but what it is written about is very YMMV.

@MrtrappedInstory you have my apologies. I have misjudged you, and I am sorry.

@The Grey Mage I know of a few that really should be on a list.

1) Forge/Threads of Destiny
2) Cradle
3) A Thousand Li
4) Beware Of Chicken

And more but droping 4 out of the gate is already big ask.
I believe that @The Grey Mage was listing translated xianxia. I know for a fact that 1 and 4 on your list are all English-native. I'm pretty sure that 2 is as well. I don't know much about 3.

I am personally only interested in native English fics over 50k words that are posted either on SV or SB.
It's a really good quality filter.

I believe that @The Grey Mage was listing translated xianxia. I know for a fact that 1 and 4 on your list are all English-native. I'm pretty sure that 2 is as well. I don't know much about 3.
His previous thredmark from 2020 (I think its what he is refering to making finaly) only mentioned making a general recimendation list for those new to this genre. If he mentioned making translated cultivation book list only in some other post I have missed it.

Last edited:
I've been watching the donghua of A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality and found it very entertaining. (it may be more easily found as Fan Ren Xiu Xian Zhuan). Currently 47 episodes are out, about 20 minutes long each.

Han Li's advancement is quite clearly laid out, with the building blocks of each advancement shown. A bit like the first Iron Man movie: there's a clear incremental advancement, with him learning new arts or secrets organically as the story unfolds. Other than his initial lucky break, nothing seems to come out of nowhere.

I've been watching the donghua of A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality and found it very entertaining. (it may be more easily found as Fan Ren Xiu Xian Zhuan). Currently 47 episodes are out, about 20 minutes long each.

Han Li's advancement is quite clearly laid out, with the building blocks of each advancement shown. A bit like the first Iron Man movie: there's a clear incremental advancement, with him learning new arts or secrets organically as the story unfolds. Other than his initial lucky break, nothing seems to come out of nowhere.
Yeah, I've read through all of the novel and his advancement is usually pretty steady throughout the entire time. I think there was only one time where it really got a good jump, but he was due for some advancements by then. I guess perhaps that isn't as exciting as some other stories where they grow by leaps and bounds and constantly break through in battles, but at least it never feels cheap. Han Li isn't a once in a thousand generations genius, but once he does hit his stride he manages to advance at a good enough pace to put him above the curve, and people do take note. It's always nice when the world actually notices the MC and they become more well known instead of forever staying a nobody because there's more important realms above that don't care about the ants or some such nonsense.

I like when xianxia MCs can actually manage to stay in one sect/organization and manage to build some ties and a power base without constantly moving around. This unfortunately is not one of those stories and Han Li does move around and sect hop every now and then, but at least it isn't like constant and intentional. Outside forces usually end up forcing him to move on eventually, but he does manage to at least stay with sects/organizations for decent lengths of time which is more than most. He isn't completely averse to getting tied down for a while.

For my overall impression of Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality, I guess I would say that it's sort of like Han Li's advancement. It continues at a steady pace and I enjoyed reading it throughout, but it doesn't quite reach the highest highs or lowest lows that some other series do. Although speaking of the lowest lows, I guess I dislike that the "temporarily lost his power and has to regain it" arc happened more than once IIRC. Also happens at the start of the sequel novel though since that thing didn't get picked up for further translation I haven't followed up on it.

Back