X-Com 2:A Reistance Town

Zedalb

I just started a Patreon!
X-Com 2

You never wanted this war. You never asked for it, or planned for it. By every account it was an accident, things just spiraled out of control and then X-Com saved the day. X-Com the thing of legends, and after five years they are still operating against the aliens. However X-Com left as fast as they came leaving you with a few parting gifts and words of wisdom.
They told you that aliens are unlikely to use aircraft, you are a small fish in a big pond lots of major cities are revolting as well even if they aren't reporting on it.They gave you blue prints on how to build a radio tower that would put you in contact with X-Com and other points of resistance and finally they gave you one of the arc throwers they use as a side arm recommending you use it to learn how to make your own.

Now it is up to you few to lead the people of your small college town into survival.

Units:
Veteran Level +2 Been around the block a few times
Long Range Strength +2 (5)
Short Range Strength +2 (4)
-----------Other Skills
Courage: 3
Medic: 0
Live Capture: 2 Years of police work has it's perks.
-----------Equipment
Weapons:
Assault Rifle +3/+1
Pistol +0/+1

Armor:
Kevlar Vest: Likely to lessen a laser wound to the torso.
-----------Other Skills
-----------Equipment
Weapons:
Assault Rifle +3/+1
Pistol +0/+1

Armor:
-----------Other Skills
-----------Equipment
Weapons:
Assault Rifle +3/+1
Pistol +0/+1

Armor:
-----------Other Skills
-----------Equipment
Weapons:
Assault Rifle +3/+1
Pistol +0/+1

Armor:

Recommended Tech Projects:

Alien Alloy Basics: When the Advent soldiers were killed they exploded shortly afterwards leaving only a pile of gore and what shards you could find of there next generation material, now if only you can learn to use them. 100 RP

Kevlar Production: While Alien Alloy is rare Kevlar with some research can be produced as fast as you are willing to invest into it. In time it may even have use with other materials for better armor. 100 RP

Reverse Engineering Arc Thrower: The ability to capture advent troops alive would mean valuable information and possibly equipment and it is probably a good idea to know how to make more arc throwers before risking your only one in combat. 500 RP

Better Science!: Looking around the lab you see several areas you could write better procedures or look into how world leading labs work and copy it. With this you can expect the college to produce an Extra 50 RP a turn. 250 RP

Melee weapon experimentation: X-Com does it! Well more importantly many of the aliens rush into close combat, having a decent stabbing implement on hand may be the difference between life and death. This is designing a bladed weapon for melee combat with those aliens or advent troops. Long enough to matter short enough to wear practically. 50 RP

Recommended Production Projects:

Hardened steel ballistic plates: A surprisingly easy method of making ballistic plate body armor a major step up from a Kevlar vest, and once you have Kevlar production you can use it to carry these. 20 PP per squads worth.

Extra Guns: Currently you don't have any guns stock piled, if you ever want to produce more squads or equip them differently you are going to need to produce some primary weapons: 25 Points per squads worth or primary weapons.

Extra Side arms: Same as above but for pistols 10 Points per squads worth of pistols.

.50 Cal: A thing of destructive beauty a single .50 Caliber machine gun to be bolted to a truck bed, or a fixed heavy weapons position. 50 PP each

Ammo Stock pile: Everyone has a few magazines at the moment but extra ammo could be spent to enhance training and make soldiers feel a bit better knowing they have more ammo than what is on there person. 10 Points per stock pile.

Weapon Customization: Every member of every squad has a wish list for there weapon. Jungle style magazines, red dot laser sights or custom stocks you can knock out the better thought out of any given wish list to give them a bonus in ranged combat. 25 PP per squad.

Better construction tools: There are a lot of tools your construction crew wishes it had build a few for them and they will work a lot better. 250 PP for +50 CP

Recommended Construction Projects:

Reinforced concrete wall: The way the roads come into town and the shape of it, you can almost draw a perfect hexagon around the town. This is covering one of those hexagon lines with a wall (6 times to protect the whole town) 1000 CP each.

Bunker: Great to exist at each point between the walls it provides great cover and is an excellent place to mount a heavy weapon. 500 each of 6

Trenches: A deep trench along one of those 6 lines, except for on the major roads you guys want protects from rapid vehicle attacks that would be hard to see coming. 250 CP each

Low wall: Instead of the reinforced concrete you can instead stack wood logs and through whatever cheap iron and reinforcement atop it. It won't be much more than waist high and it certainly will break down under laser fire fairly quickly, but it is a lot better than nothing. 250 each of 6

Shooting range: A modern decent range can make for much more effective long range training. 100 CP for +10 to long range EXP

Gym: There are already a few small gyms spread through out town, putting them together under one roof is a big improvement for close range training. 100 CP for +10 to short range exp

Better workshop: It takes some heavy equipment to move all of there equipment but putting your workshops together under one roof and attaching some housing can provide a bonus to PP per turn. 250 CP for +50 PP

@Noxturne90
@Theaxofwar
@Glint
@CommanderBlade
@ReadsByLamplight

@Zedalb

I would like to toss my points as one of our SCIENTISTS towards Better Science!

Snowball that SCIENCE! son.

Offhand, tagging us in this thread didn't alert us to it's existence. I had to learn from the post in the OOC that this was up.

@Zedalb

I would like to toss my points as one of our SCIENTISTS towards Better Science!

Snowball that SCIENCE! son.

Offhand, tagging us in this thread didn't alert us to it's existence. I had to learn from the post in the OOC that this was up.
But we only have 100 RP my advice let's research Alien Alloy Basics

I would also like to ask if we can use our PP to get either Ammo Stock Pile or a Hardened Steel Plates.

same

I'll throw that hundred rp towards better science. We need to advance quickly and having extra will really help in that regard.
I'd then like to put my construction and production points towards better tools and better workshop.

I put my points in to reverse engineer the Arc Thrower.

I put my points in to reverse engineer the Arc Thrower.

I can agree with this. I say we put the College to use for +100, and then I'll throw one of my actions on to aid another 100 to finish Arc Throwers.

Then I'll say that my other two actions are on Alien Alloy, finishing that off.

@Theaxofwar

Next turn, if it's alright, I would like to hammer out better science. If I toss all my three actions and the School, we can get it.

I can't really do much with my 20 CP. That's assuming I use my three actions with them. Btw, do our actions stack? Like it goes up to 60%?

I'll put my three actions towards

• Better Construction Tools x3

Last edited:
I can't really do much with my 20 CP. That's assuming I use my three actions with them. Btw, do our actions stack? Like it goes up to 60%?

20 CP or PP per action of 3. Or the percent thing if it is higher after votes come in. (I wouldn't count on that)
and a free 20 CP and PP each.

Also you don't have to finish in one turn.

You could for instance spend all 3 actions on PP for ballistic plates and with your free 20 PP you could have each of the four squads decked out this turn.

Then drop the 20 CP onto something to get it started.

Indeed. From how Zed explained it to me, each of my actions as a scientist is worth 50 points of SP. During each turn, we get 3 actions. That means that during a turn, I can produce up to a 150 SP as an individual since actions can stack. The College that we sprung for produces an extra hundred. That means between me, ax, and the college, we can produce 400 SP combined each turn.

WEEK 1​

No one fucking died. Good job. You could not of accounted for this the people of your city have rallied behind you in every field going above and beyond, even if some of the efforts were a little insane or lacked concentrated. Though the most concerning thing is the drones, red and black like the armor of advent there quiet and quick, so far no one has shoot one down. They are spying, scouting you can guess an attack is going to come soon, but from where the woods, the roads, the fields?​

@ReadsByLamplight a local doctor he makes great progress writing the first medical treatment guide for serious laser injuries. (30 of 50)

@Theaxofwar Reverse engineers the arc thrower distributing the plans so that they can now be built for squads (Finished)

@Noxturne90 Helps finish the arc thrower and then studies and writes the guide for the basics of alien alloys. (Finished)

@Glint rolls up there sleeves and starts building more construction tools working hard in the forge and helping fix up a few trucks for light construction purpose.

@CommanderBlade Starts training three of the four squads in long range combat, getting them a bit more comfortable in long range combat.
Squads 1-3 Now 40 of 50 EXP to next level
Squads 4 30 of 50 still.
Alien Alloy Basics: When the Advent soldiers were killed they exploded shortly afterwards leaving only a pile of gore and what shards you could find of there next generation material, now if only you can learn to use them. 100 RP
Alien Alloy Bullets: Trying to shoot Advent armor with lead bullets is a bit like trying to break a stone wall with a wooden stick. Get a damage increase 100 RP(5 of 100)
Alien Alloy Tools: Chain saw blades, drills, axes and more there are many tools that could use an upgrade to help your town. 100 RP
Alien Alloy Edged Blades: Requires Melee Weapon Experimentation
Alien Alloy Coated Ballistic Plates: Not quite as good as Advents armor but a massive step up from traditional materials 200 RP
Alien Alloy Advanced use: You can do basic forging but making more complicated things entirely from alien alloy is still out of your grasp, until now. 500 RP

Kevlar Production: While Alien Alloy is rare Kevlar with some research can be produced as fast as you are willing to invest into it. In time it may even have use with other materials for better armor.(25 of 100) 100 RP

Reverse Engineering Arc Thrower: The ability to capture advent troops alive would mean valuable information and possibly equipment and it is probably a good idea to know how to make more arc throwers before risking your only one in combat. 500 RP

Better Science!: Looking around the lab you see several areas you could write better procedures or look into how world leading labs work and copy it. With this you can expect the college to produce an Extra 50 RP a turn. 250 RP

Melee weapon experimentation: X-Com does it! Well more importantly many of the aliens rush into close combat, having a decent stabbing implement on hand may be the difference between life and death. This is designing a bladed weapon for melee combat with those aliens or advent troops. Long enough to matter short enough to wear practically. (25 of 50)50 RP

Arc Throwers: A great stunning side arm with a very real chance of knocking out an opponent in short range incredibly useful for material and information gather. 20 PP per squads worth.

Hardened steel ballistic plates: A surprisingly easy method of making ballistic plate body armor a major step up from a Kevlar vest, and once you have Kevlar production you can use it to carry these. 20 PP per squads worth.

Extra Guns: Currently you don't have any guns stock piled, if you ever want to produce more squads or equip them differently you are going to need to produce some primary weapons: 25 Points per squads worth or primary weapons.

Extra Side arms: Same as above but for pistols 10 Points per squads worth of pistols.

.50 Cal: A thing of destructive beauty a single .50 Caliber machine gun to be bolted to a truck bed, or a fixed heavy weapons position. 50 PP each

Ammo Stock pile: Everyone has a few magazines at the moment but extra ammo could be spent to enhance training and make soldiers feel a bit better knowing they have more ammo than what is on there person. 10 Points per stock pile.

Weapon Customization: Every member of every squad has a wish list for there weapon. Jungle style magazines, red dot laser sights or custom stocks you can knock out the better thought out of any given wish list to give them a bonus in ranged combat. 25 PP per squad.

Better construction tools: There are a lot of tools your construction crew wishes it had build a few for them and they will work a lot better. 250 PP for +50 CP
(105 of 200 currently)

Reinforced concrete wall: The way the roads come into town and the shape of it, you can almost draw a perfect hexagon around the town. This is covering one of those hexagon lines with a wall (6 times to protect the whole town) 1000 CP each.

Bunker: Great to exist at each point between the walls it provides great cover and is an excellent place to mount a heavy weapon. 500 each of 6

Trenches: A deep trench along one of those 6 lines, except for on the major roads you guys want protects from rapid vehicle attacks that would be hard to see coming. 250 CP each

Low wall: Instead of the reinforced concrete you can instead stack wood logs and through whatever cheap iron and reinforcement atop it. It won't be much more than waist high and it certainly will break down under laser fire fairly quickly, but it is a lot better than nothing. 250 each of 6

Shooting range: A modern decent range can make for much more effective long range training.(2 of 100) 100 CP for +10 to long range EXP

Gym: There are already a few small gyms spread through out town, putting them together under one roof is a big improvement for close range training. 100 CP for +10 to short range exp

Better workshop: It takes some heavy equipment to move all of there equipment but putting your workshops together under one roof and attaching some housing can provide a bonus to PP per turn. 250 CP for +50 PP (24 of 200)

Last edited:
Actions
Squad 1 will Patrol the Fields for any advancing Advent Forces

Squad 2 will Patrol the Roads for any Advancing Advent Forces

Squad 3 will Patrol the woofs for any advancing Advent Forces

I will try Squad 4 with all three training actions in Live Capture.

Plan for contact

Depending on wherever Advent attacks from one man in the squad needs to yell and let off a couple shots to warn the other three squads.

From there the other three squads will converge on the location of the defending squad from three different directions hopefully catching the Enemy troops in a flanking maneuver.

Alien Alloy Tools: Chain saw blades, drills, axes and more there are many tools that could use an upgrade to help your town. 100 RP
Melee weapon experimentation: X-Com does it! Well more importantly many of the aliens rush into close combat, having a decent stabbing implement on hand may be the difference between life and death. This is designing a bladed weapon for melee combat with those aliens or advent troops. Long enough to matter short enough to wear practically. (25 of 50)50 RP
Alien Alloy Edged Blades: Requires Melee Weapon Experimentation

Michael is going to put two actions towards laser treatment and then his last ten towards ensuring medical supplies, including grain alcohol for sterilization agent... and having fun on weekends.

Last edited:
For the record, I would wait a bit I am going to respond to your guys last actions, I'm just letting the quest members do a bit.

Fuck Advent

Squad three creeps through the forest unable to take their armored cars for large chunks of it. The air is crisp the early morning chill makes everything feel sharp. They eventually see a few camouflaged tents and move closer slowly, carefully on the look out for advent guards or workers. In a flash, a red light flies from a bush and right through the chest of one of the improvised soldiers. Visible light goes both ways though, even as the first casualty drops one of the state patrol has the presence of mind to throw a tear gas grenade. Not likely to disable them in those full helms but the smoke covers the retreat some. The squad dragging on of it's members falls back looking for some trees to drop prone behind. A few more lasers fire hitting only air and a pair more of tear gas grenades are thrown. It's a matter of finding there well camouflaged fox holes before the smoke dissipates or Advent gets lucky.

Shots are traded fairly quickly, lasers wildly burning through trees and shrubbery. Bullets hitting the mark but often doing nothing to the heavy advent armor. The standoff is only broken by the cavalry, two more squads of ex-state patrol coming and giving over whelming fire power. Enough bullets making cracks then shattering the advent armor. Upon one of the advent troopers death there gear and bodies explode in a very small explosion, seeming to be designed to deny you the equipment from the dead more than as a weapon.

With the handful of Advent dead you after to tend to your own wounded and clearly dead. Two are dead before the battle ends holes burned through their bullet proof vest front and back. Six more are injured to one degree or another.They help load and carry each other to the road back into their patrol cars so they can get to the doctor and real medical care. One of those six dies in the back seat, maybe a medic could of stopped it but they are really trained for this even if they do their best.

Getting to the doctor @ReadsByLamplight is able to do great work having written a guide on exactly these types on injuries and stock piled some materials for this situation. The doc manages to save all five of the remainders lives but two of them are crippled beyond fighting any more. A laser through the stomach making quick movement impossible because of scar tissue and nerve damage causing shakes in the hands and arms.

@CommanderBlade: 55 Casualties 3 dead 2 alive but unable to fight. You have to chose between combining them to keep a full strength squad or replacing them with volunteers and taking a large hit to strength and skills.

@Glint: You come into your workshop, the one you are building to so that everyone can work together. Someone is there before you on a ladder, hammering. As you approach it becomes clear that they are hammering three bullet proof vest onto the wall. Holes burned right through them and with splatters of blood stains on them. Presumably from the dead. Written in red above it. "DO BETTER". Later on you will find out not only did the armor fail but if often took several rounds hitting in a tiny area to damage advent armor.

@scientist bros, no one is mad at you (Yet)​

Back