Why Can't My Worshippers Understand What I'm Saying?: A Well Intentioned God Quest

[X]Intervene! Specify the Intervention and the point in time in which it happens.
-[X] [Earth][Spirit][Create][Precise] The Precursor Tablet that the Void Seekers found becomes an actual physical object.
--[X] You infuse the Void Seekers with a spirit, making their collective spirit much more defined and interactable. And as you do so, you do your best to 'program' that spirit into accepting the following information and grinding into the Seeker's collective unconscious. This drives some of the Seekers to betray the Spur Clan, keeping the air-boats and setting sail with them across the great atmospheric seas that divide the Shards. And there, guided by your design, they 'find' a Tablet left by the Precursors. They learn the 'truth' of the world and, reading it thanks to their own spirits, they learn how best to traverse the void between Shards and even the void outside Spun-Apart. The Tablet contains for them a purpose outside of the Spur Clan and outside of Unbeing. All Void Seekers will feel the urge to make this pilgrimage. And if any other Lek-kego were to ever see the Tablet, they would see nothing but an empty rock floating in atmosphere. You didn't actually make a Tablet, of course. That would require an Intervention of Earth. It is merely a shared hallucination bestowed upon the spirit of the Void-Seekers.

[X]Intervene! Specify the Intervention and the point in time in which it happens.
-[X] [Earth][Spirit][Create][Precise] The Precursor Tablet that the Void Seekers found becomes an actual physical object.
--[X] You infuse the Void Seekers with a spirit, making their collective spirit much more defined and interactable. And as you do so, you do your best to 'program' that spirit into accepting the following information and grinding into the Seeker's collective unconscious. This drives some of the Seekers to betray the Spur Clan, keeping the air-boats and setting sail with them across the great atmospheric seas that divide the Shards. And there, guided by your design, they 'find' a Tablet left by the Precursors. They learn the 'truth' of the world and, reading it thanks to their own spirits, they learn how best to traverse the void between Shards and even the void outside Spun-Apart. The Tablet contains for them a purpose outside of the Spur Clan and outside of Unbeing. All Void Seekers will feel the urge to make this pilgrimage. And if any other Lek-kego were to ever see the Tablet, they would see nothing but an empty rock floating in atmosphere. You didn't actually make a Tablet, of course. That would require an Intervention of Earth. It is merely a shared hallucination bestowed upon the spirit of the Void-Seekers.

Actually hang on I like this idea.

In order to ensure the Void Seeker's purpose in their own minds, the evidence of their tablet MUST be tangible.

Maybe an intervention to the Holy Land of the Web Nomads? Their culture is young enough we want to interefere now to shape their beliefs, and they're all set up to become a superpower once they finish in-fighting, given they have the biggest Plate.

Last edited:

X]Intervene! Specify the Intervention and the point in time in which it happens.

Your X is messed up at the top

I'm a fan of how this turned out, but... yeah, just a tiny bit of tidying up would probably be wise. Discovering that the Tablet was in fact not physical would... probably not have the best effect on their collective psyche.

Eh, these guys are absurdist existentialists. Reality is an illusion, and nothing "is".
While I agree, part of the point of the vote was to counteract that line of thinking, or at least put in on a path towards something other than the "everything is pointless so why bother existing" type of nihilism. I much prefer a "everything is pointless so why not love, experience new things and be merry while I'm still on this miserable shitty little space rock" kind of nihilism, myself. It's healthier! I speak from experience. ...don't read too much into that, please. :<

Also it would be a good defense against Unbeing, I think. I imagine they're the weakest point of our little civilization in the event of another "invasion" by them, after all.

"everything is pointless so why not love, experience new things and be merry while I'm still on this miserable shitty little space rock"
This sounds a lot like kurzgesagt, actually. But yeah, I agree. They can all be tiny little space-faring Ubermensch (uberlekkegensh?), the steampunk bundles of joy. Heck, they even have zeppelins!

Actually hang on I like this idea.

In order to ensure the Void Seeker's purpose in their own minds, the evidence of their tablet MUST be tangible.
I don't know that I agree with this. The tablet's truths are given to the Void Seekers by a spirit, right? But the spirit is a spirit of the Void Seekers, meaning that as they grow and change, the spirit will grow and change too- and as long as the tablet remains a hallucination, that means what it says can also change. By keeping it a purely mental construct subject to alteration at the spirit's whims, the spirit can update its truths and keep them relevant, answer new questions which the Void Seekers begin to consider necessary to have a complete philosophy, and otherwise make sure that a changing world doesn't eventually render its truths outdated and nonsensical. A solid object simply can't do that; it will inevitably become obsolete.

Besides, since everyone in their culture can see the Tablet, it definitely exists; they don't need additional evidence. It's only outsiders who can't see it. Do they really need to have something to wave around to prove their truth to outsiders- something which more militaristic cultures who don't like them will probably delight in looting or destroying? A magical idea is much harder to ruin than a helpful slab of rock.

[x]No further Interventions. Let the Age pass.

Nice, you are back!

MMmh, I guess the Spear Tradition shouldn't be called the Spear Tradition anymore, with this voting system. I guess they can be called the Spear Republic now ?

Altering the obelisks went nicer than i thought.

I kinda want to do something for either the Tungsten Kingdoms (they are about to be invaded) or the Web Nomads. I will think about it, but for now:

Last edited:
I don't know that I agree with this. The tablet's truths are given to the Void Seekers by a spirit, right? But the spirit is a spirit of the Void Seekers, meaning that as they grow and change, the spirit will grow and change too- and as long as the tablet remains a hallucination, that means what it says can also change. By keeping it a purely mental construct subject to alteration at the spirit's whims, the spirit can update its truths and keep them relevant, answer new questions which the Void Seekers begin to consider necessary to have a complete philosophy, and otherwise make sure that a changing world doesn't eventually render its truths outdated and nonsensical. A solid object simply can't do that; it will inevitably become obsolete.

Besides, since everyone in their culture can see the Tablet, it definitely exists; they don't need additional evidence. It's only outsiders who can't see it. Do they really need to have something to wave around to prove their truth to outsiders- something which more militaristic cultures who don't like them will probably delight in looting or destroying? A magical idea is much harder to ruin than a helpful slab of rock.

You know, if we wanted to do that we could just use our Spirit Domain to create a 'Spirit of the tablet to update the thing. Make it a spirit infused with power/knowledge by those that read the tablet and it can even be pretty powerful/wise.

Though I am a fan of leaving the table as-is just to create a second set of 'holy people'. It'll spark Crusades, and act as a good way to train our little society how to fight Unbeing.

On the flip side...creating a centralized holy place for a traveling society with an updating tablet sounds pretty good..

Edit: Could I convince you guys to make the tablet self-updating like that? A sort of centralized thing that can act as their societal outline?

Last edited:
You know, if we wanted to do that we could just use our Spirit Domain to create a 'Spirit of the tablet to update the thing. Make it a spirit infused with power/knowledge by those that read the tablet and it can even be pretty powerful/wise.

Though I am a fan of leaving the table as-is just to create a second set of 'holy people'. It'll spark Crusades, and act as a good way to train our little society how to fight Unbeing.

On the flip side...creating a centralized holy place for a traveling society with an updating tablet sounds pretty good..

Edit: Could I convince you guys to make the tablet self-updating like that? A sort of centralized thing that can act as their societal outline?
I'd rather "reveal" that that tablet is Part One, and if they want to finish the trilogy they will have to seek other Imaginary Stone Tablets, just to keep them travelling. You know, like One Piece Phoneglyphs.

I'd rather "reveal" that that tablet is Part One, and if they want to finish the trilogy they will have to seek other Imaginary Stone Tablets, just to keep them travelling. You know, like One Piece Phoneglyphs.

Ohh that'd be interesting. Personally, I'd prefer to keep throwing powers at various different groups though, and force some eternal wars (Wow, never noticed how evil I was) to get our creations strong enough to truly matter here.

Like how we made an Athens out of the Spur Clan, and a Sparta out of the Spear clan. Travelers are cool and I love them, but I'd rather they truly test their abilities and improve.

Plus, we could always combine the two ideas. Make a tablet for law, and more for various other things. Like metelergy/knowledge, or philosophy.

Edit: Never actually voted.

Last edited:
You didn't actually make a Tablet, of course. That would require an Intervention of Earth. It is merely a shared hallucination bestowed upon the spirit of the Void-Seekers.
OMG , quit being so lazy :V

Vote called!
Adhoc vote count started by Dreaming on May 3, 2019 at 9:09 AM, finished with 34 posts and 23 votes.

• [X]Intervene! Specify the Intervention and the point in time in which it happens.
    [X]No further Interventions. Let the Age pass.

Back