Warhammer 40k General thread

Oh yeah not saying it was a good piece of lore 1e was wild, but it was another example of how GW just retcons stuff all the time.
The concept of a retcon before there was a concept of lore is more the issue, because like you said it was just them throwing shit at the wall (even moreso than now) back then. That's more...continuity I guess?

What matters is that whatever you do, do it well by keeping things in line with the key themes, i.e. decay and ripping off everything you can come up with and a chance of hope to make the misery all the more poignant when it fails but somehow leaves another chance that this time may actually work out. So long as that's good, it's still 40k and we all like it enough to talk about, warts and all.

Capital B Based.

But I wouldn't try and fight this whole thread. You're not going to find a lot of friends here.

Well, In my experience, women tend to prefer eurogames to ameritrash.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyYexTcyY2A

Just one of those ways men and women are different I guess.

Yes yes your deeply stereotypical views about gender are actually brave and nuanced, its just us woke fools who are dogpiling this poor soul, and unironically saying "based" isn't the most cringe 2016ish thing you could possibly have done.

Brother Captain! Brother Sergeant Leonitus reports that the Xenos artifact is extremely "sus", and says that destroying it would be "based." He goes on to say that those opposed to this course of action are "cringe."

Sigh... Battle Brother, remind me to confiscate the Sergeant's book of early third millennium noospheric slang when he returns.

Let's not be silly, based is very much a mainstream word. If anything it's used significantly more these days then it was in 2016.

Completely unrelated but I heard my 55 something year old uncle, who's very much the epitome of 'stern uncle who doesn't go on the Internet much' say "that's based" when he watched a soccer game just last week.

Hearing my 12 year old nephew say skibidi toilet was bad enough, but this? I felt I was seeing a glitch in the Matrix.

Tabletop wargaming isn't exactly a mainstream hobby, I doubt that a lack of female space marines is going to ever be a deciding factor for someone wanting to start playing.

That only matters to people who are already in the hobby.
Presence of loud sexist assholes constantly being hostile, or creepy, towards women does have a greater effect yes.
And it is that group who are the most anti female space marine, so that alone would make it a worthy change as far as i am concerned.

Its only mainstream to the incredibly online. To most people it still sounds like weird 4chan lingo it is.
This is a pretty blatant goalpost shift, even if it is "incredibly online" that doesn't mean it belongs more to 2016 than the modern day. Also we're posting online right now lol

It's fine not to use the term but this argument is silly and out of touch.

Last edited:
Back