[X] A local book store had an opening.
[X] A 'Binge Eater' Ghoul who preyed on young men.

I know little about Tokyo Ghoul, but the employee going missing from the coffee shop is suspicious, and a bookstore serves far fewer costumers on a daily basis, which is useful when you're trying to lay low. Although depending on how someone with oni blood smells to a ghoul attempting to avoid their attention might be an exercise in futility.

The first option sounds like it is earlier in the TG timeline than the second, and third options, whether, or not that is a more useful starting point I don't know, but it insures we have the option to intervene in major events should we choose to do so.
"Stop this!" Makihisa demanded, an anguished expression on his face. "Don't make me hurt you, daughter."
Makihisa wouldn't have held back against Shiki, or rather it would've been over far too quickly for words. As for SHIKI considering Makihisa didn't want to kill him in canon he would've held back, but SHIKI assuming he inverted to defeat his more experienced father would've had far less sanity, meaning the siblings been more abrupt instead of tearful goodbye.
"Go." Akiha said. "I'll leave once I get dressed, but if I get caught, it's better you're not with me."

SHIKI smiled sadly. "I'll see you soon, sis."
Hopefully SHIKI meant this in the sense that he hopes the Clan will be persuaded to allow Akiha to return home soon instead of implying that he'll be fleeing to Tokyo soon due to his inability to control his inversion impulse.

Because there is no way Shiki wouldn't follow him, and the maids would willingly accompany him rather than serve members of a Clan who either care little about their safety, or worse might be willing to use them in a similar manner as Makihisa.
"Brother?" Asked Akiha. Another moment passed, before SHIKI threw his arms around Akiha.

"Be safe." He whispered into her ear. The girl embraced him for a moment.
This exchange is eerily similar to the one in the OP from SHIKI's pov where Akiha addresses him as brother.

Now, now I can romance the Kaneki because everyone is of age and in university! Cuddle with the Kaneki. Or the Hide, a Hide is fine too and we never get enough Hide. Unless Akiha isn't 18 yet, then it's time to be sad.
The first update contained a reference to classmates so I doubt Akiha is 18, but this is a AU so it is entirely plausible for me to be wrong.

So with the book store, we're liable to run into Kaneki, and to a lesser extent Eto. And given that Eto's well... Eto, she'll probably pick up on Akiha being more than she seems. And I for one, am eager to see how we can deal with everyone's favorite little psychopath. Although if we do befriend Kaneki, we might well meet Hide, who could conceivably investigate Akiha some. But yeah, Anteiku is a bad idea, Akiha would not react well to that revelation.

Second choice really seems to be establishing timeline more than anything else. Binge Eater is Rize, so before Kaneki is turned, raid at the 11th mean's Kaneki's breaking, and Touka hunting Mado would be after he killed Hinami's mom.

Of course this is all contingent on the canon TG timeline being intact.

I wonder if it's possible for a ghoul to be a synchronizer...

I doubt that ghouls aren't aware of other nonhumans existing. =v
Doesn't mean they're gonna trust other non humans right off the bat.

By Shironeki it's far too late to save the Kaneki ;=;
Also why are you voting for a Shironeki
It's never too late to save the Kaneki.

And I'm voting for Shironeki because I don't want to interfere with the stuff that came before he existed. His development as Kuroneki was so important, I don't know if I want to mess around with that. Shironeki needs all the help he can get. Also, if it's before the Aogiri Arc, we can maybe prevent Yoshimura from fighting Shinohara and Kuroiwa in the 11th ward, therefore preventing the Anteiku Raid. I doubt that's gonna happen, but I can hope.

Last edited:
the coffee shop option seems weird as i thought all the active workers were ghouls, if i'm remembering correctly.

Anteiku isn't the only coffee shop in Tokyo.

Second choice really seems to be establishing timeline more than anything else. Binge Eater is Rize, so before Kaneki is turned, raid at the 11th mean's Kaneki's breaking, and Touka hunting Mado would be after he killed Hinami's mom.

Pretty much, yeah.

He's too old, and I jokingly ship him with Akira because 'Arima is like my dad and Akira is like my mom'. It's just such a perfect joke. But what about Amon and Akira you say? Amon is too good for anyone ever and thus he shall forever remain pure, unshipped with anyone.

I dunno maybe we'll take Kaniki's place and get Rize's organs and become the first half human, half demon, half ghoul. :V

Last edited:
Gm liked my post of protecting kaneki

KANEKI ROUTE CONFIRMED

It's a possibility. I won't stop you if you want to go that route. I hope you like the sound of your heart breaking, though.

True, it could be the coffee shop Tsukiyama takes Kaneki to, that Takatsuki frequents.

...Mort, is it the coffee shop that Takatsuki frequents? Because if it is, I am totally on board for changing my vote.

I can neither confirm nor deny.

I dunno maybe we'll take Kaniki's place and get Rize's organs and become the first half human, half demon, half ghoul. :V

Eh, not likely. Rize specifically preyed on men, remember.

Anyway, judging by my quick count that I did while not really playing attention, current winners are Bookstore and Binge Eater. Nobody wants to be an unemployed monster hunter, it seems, and everyone wants to get into Canon as early as possible.

Damn. But I do wonder about the missing employee if that is the case... a potential quest line?

Yeah, this isn't Oneshot!Binge Eater, who preyed on women but also occasionally went after men.

it seems, and everyone wants to get into Canon as early as possible.
Not me, I'm fine with going in later. I'd prefer it actually.

It's a possibility. I won't stop you if you want to go that route. I hope you like the sound of your heart breaking, though.

Anyway, judging by my quick count that I did while not really playing attention, current winners are Bookstore and Binge Eater. Nobody wants to be an unemployed monster hunter, it seems, and everyone wants to get into Canon as early as possible.
Why can't Kaneki just be happy for once? Or does he already like someone? We can remove them.

We can kidnap Kaneki for the sake of his own wellbeing, since we literally know better. He's desperate for affection and approval, is naive at his Kuroneki stage, and even if we kidnapped him we'd still be one of the better people compared to who he calls a friend in Canon...

Actually, listening to my inner yandere is a mistake. That wouldn't make Kaneki happy at all! Shit. We can't solve this problem by murder and kidnapping!

It's possible that we might have to be like a normal person, and just be a caring friend that denyies his death wish/self sacrificing nature! Like Hide but less side-charactery!

Assuming events happened like Tsukihime canon, Akiha is around 12-14 at this point I think?
Could be different.
hhhhuff Yeah sure, it's not like I like him or anything I guess. Fuck.

-Puts multipage plan on how to sweep kaneki off his feet, while dressed as a prince on a white stallion as the sun sets, into a shredder-

We can kidnap Kaneki for the sake of his own wellbeing, since we literally know better. He's desperate for affection and approval, is naive at his Kuroneki stage, and even if we kidnapped him we'd still be one of the better people compared to who he calls a friend in Canon...

*Hides notes on the consequences of Eto finding Kaneki pre-Jason*

If we prevent Kaneki from becoming a ghoul there may be no one to stop amon when he goes to help mado.

Fixed that for ya.

And therefore no one with the perspective of being both ghoul and human to make him question his beliefs
Not sure why that's a bad thing as far as Akiha would be concerned. And me. Amon can keep being doubt free, although I'd like to note that Kaneki simply compounded on pre-existing doubts made by Amon's entire childhood.

Kaneki being happy>Ghouls as a whole

Every single one of them. Even Hinami.

Back