THRONE//FRINGE: Normal Human Mech-Girl Quest

I am confused by the jargon and also intrigued.

The most important thing to remember is that there is a soft prohibition on all naval terms. Ships are forbidden, except for those who have reverse-engineered the phrase "ship" from "shipgirl" or "shipping," a sort of classical artform where artist depicted homo familiarias neotenia female figures (in the hyper-realist style of many pre-civilization artworks, such as those seen in the Louvre Museum Collection, by the prolific artist Louvre Museum) and engagement in vicarious romantic courtship, respectively.

So remember, if someone calls a thing a 'ship,' it's probably either an art museum or an empath-brothel.

I have unfortunately been imperfect and unvigilant in this crusade but perhaps @Cetashwayo will be able to carry this sword for me.

Last edited:
[X] Imperial Standard Format. A hex format that conforms to the original purpose of this hex in keeping with Imperial regulations on re-formatting damaged or corrupted architecture [Small permanent resource boost at completion].

Hm, I don't know if doing wrong now and asking for permission later will fly with the authorities at home. So under these circumstances I would say better play it safe until we know more.
Like for example if there even is a home we can return to.

Also, buffalos seem to have evolved into an unexpected direction.:lol:

Pictured: Anti-Escape Guard Module performing its duty and salvaging the mindstate of Arachne before permanent personality damage could occur.

[X] Imperial Standard Format. A hex format that conforms to the original purpose of this hex in keeping with Imperial regulations on re-formatting damaged or corrupted architecture [Small permanent resource boost at completion].

At our current rate of development we'll only finish in ten turns, well after we're more firmly established in the region. If it were a choice between a small permanent resource boost and a significant one-time reward now then I'd be tempted for the latter, but it isn't.

Last edited:
At our current rate of development we'll only finish in ten turns, well after we're more firmly established in the region. If it were a choice between a small permanent resource boost and a significant one-time reward now then I'd be tempted for the latter, but it isn't.

Well don't worry, the reward will scale based on your position whenever you finish. I'm flexible on what the amount will be, so if I feel it's too small or too big I'll alter it.

Well don't worry, the reward will scale based on your position whenever you finish. I'm flexible on what the amount will be, so if I feel it's too small or too big I'll alter it.
Even knowing that I think my point stands that we won't be screaming desperately for a big one-time bonus in ten turns, because we'll have stabilized.

I don't think Custom Format is a bad option or anything but I prefer Imperial Standard.

Even knowing that I think my point stands that we won't be screaming desperately for a big one-time bonus in ten turns, because we'll have stabilized.

I don't think Custom Format is a bad option or anything but I prefer Imperial Standard.

Oh for sure. It's a fair argument. I just wanted to point out in case there was any concern about the duration making the reward less meaningful.

The Trimammalians were known as a real and existential threat to the Indian-Americans who won the west. Fortunately, Samuel Colt, the first Wallfacer, created the MX Peacekeeper, the weapon which made all mammals equal.

They're referred to as the Trimammalians because they are believed to be one of the earliest adopters of tritium based nuclear fusion, (widely regarded as one of the foundational building blocks of prehistoric civilizations alongside other keystone technologies such as metalworking) which served as the cornerstone for much of their technology. The technological edge gave their phalanx soldiers and solar triremes a decisive qualitative edge and allowed them to subjugate a vast expanse of territory for a time until a series of crises including the Amerindian War of Independence and an invasion by Taiping star-nomads precipitated the collapse of their empire.

By the way, the reason the sim is called the Three-Buffalo Problem is because it's set during the Three Warring Stars Period where the Trimammalian Empire had broken up into three successor states (the Wyo-Ming Dynasty, where the game is set in, is one of said successor states)

Last edited:

[X] Arachne Custom Format. A hex format that is more defensible and more customized to your personal needs, but may get you in a great deal of trouble with FORCE//SAFEGUARD for overwriting the existing imperial programming [Significant one-time reward at completion].

What's FORCE//SAFEGUARD gonna do? Cut us in half through the internet? Hah!

[X] Arachne Custom Format. A hex format that is more defensible and more customized to your personal needs, but may get you in a great deal of trouble with FORCE//SAFEGUARD for overwriting the existing imperial programming [Significant one-time reward at completion].

Oh, I just realized that the voting is a bit of a mess. My apologies, I'm not familiar with the new system. I'll fix it for the next vote.

In the meantime, it's very tight. 9-7 for Arachne over Imperial Standard.

Looking like imperial standard format might win. I will not call it quite yet in case of another tie or a widening lead but I will be sure to close the vote before next update. I have got it lined up, just have to edit it and wait till most people are awake and up to post :p

on the one hand proprietary treason is treason and possibly also heretical

on the other hand being a good imperial citizen did not save us from getting into this mess right

so maybe being a bad imperial citizen will get us out of it

Back