The Thu'um and the Seven Kingdoms (Rehost)

Also as more info comes in about the Storm King and how he's honestly sweating blood about Harren the Black...I might have made a boo-boo tying myself with the Targaryen sisters both in fic and out.

Ehh, shit that makes it harder for the main character encourages unconventional solutions. I trust you'll find a way to make it work. :) Of course, I would recommend dropping crazy bitches, but it's not like Tom will hear it.

Besides which, that's kind of pro forma for the times. It's how women of the nobility can exercise power and protect themselves in a setting that sees them mostly as bargaining chips.

Last edited:
As a side note apparently the Baratheon look was a Durrandon trait as Argillac Durrandon was also big strong, black haired and blue-eyed.

Rejoice!

This fic is back! I'd help you with some proof-reading, idea bouncing or perhaps even writing, but sadly I haven't read the Song of Fire and Ice. Or watched the Game of Thrones. Or walked the wiki. Though if it helps this fic, I wouldn't mind giving you a hand, Brian.

Two things occur to me upon rereading this.

First- The ladies of Dragonstone will blow an ovary if they ever learn that being Dragonborn is hereditary and may bestow semi mystical powers upon descendants as happened with the Septem dynasty.

Second- Literally everyone will freak out if they learn that with time and effort one can learn the power of the Thu'um. Especially the Nightwatch, they would straight up murder for the power to shout infernos.

Also if there is ever a time someone might get the bright idea to mess with the Dhovakin's voice it would probably be after learning a little about how shouting works.

Last edited:
Two things occur to me upon rereading this.

First- The ladies of Dragonstone will blow an ovary if they every learn that being Dragonborn is hereditary and may bestow semi mystical powers upon descendants as happened with the Septem dynasty.

Second- Literally everyone's will freak if they learn that with time and effort one can learn the power of the Thu'um. Especially the Nightwatch, they would straight up murder for the power to shout infernos.

Also if there is ever a time someone might get the bright idea to mess with the Dhovakin's voice it would probably be after learning a little about how shouting works.
I think the ability to use the Thu'um was a gift bestowed by Kynareth, without which they could not use the Thu'um.

And unless Kynareth decided to go massively multiversal in her gift givings....I don't think they should be able to use it.

Well supposedly more dragons means more magic and Got right? So maybe as he gets going the go juice spreads and people in deep emotional circumstances that come to understand dragon concepts develop shouting.

Well supposedly more dragons means more magic and Got right? So maybe as he gets going the go juice spreads and people in deep emotional circumstances that come to understand dragon concepts develop shouting.
But.......Nords got the ability to shout through direct Divine intervention and then had to be taught by one of the Dov, and dragons shout due to it being an innate quality of their very being.

Why would someone without the blessing of Kynareth or the soul of a Dovah be able to shout in the first place?

Last edited:

I just got through saying that maybe because Dragons in Got boost and spread magic, that maybe the Si being a Dragon will boost and spread his magic, the Thu'um.

The Si is a RoB import as well so maybe he made the patch job to replace a ready made army and death machine with a ready to be made army.

I just got through saying that maybe because Dragons in Got boost and spread magic, that maybe the Si being a Dragon will boost and spread his magic, the Thu'um.

The Si is a RoB import as well so maybe he made the patch job to replace a ready made army and death machine with a ready to be made army.
I know, but given that Elder Scrolls dragons are shards of the Aedric God of Time, I see no reason for them to behave like barely intelligent fire breathing lizards on a cosmological or magical level.

Meh, Dovahkiin can probably make up for it without spreading the Thu'um.

There is a difference be between GoT dragons and Elder Scrolls one. Elder scrolls shout reality, other is an overgrown lizards with tricks. Thu'um doesn't spread. If it does, then every nord could shout.

Last edited:
There is a difference be between GoT dragons and Elder Scrolls one. Elder scrolls shout reality, other is an overgrown lizards with tricks. Thu'um doesn't spread. If it does, then every nord could shout.
They did, the Nords shouting I mean. After beating the dragons the Tongues went on to conquer most of Tamriel until they hit Morrowind and got their ass handed to them (likely with the use of the heart of Lorkan). This is basically the back story of Jurgen Windcaller, founder of the Greybeards. It is perfectly possible lore wise for random people to learn the Thu'um with enough practice and meditation. A Dragonborn can do in days what it may take others years to do.
I think the ability to use the Thu'um was a gift bestowed by Kynareth, without which they could not use the Thu'um.

And unless Kynareth decided to go massively multiversal in her gift givings....I don't think they should be able to use it.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:High_Hrothgar#Etched_Tablets

"Kyne called on Paarthurnax, who pitied Man

Together they taught Men to use the Voice"
That seems to be something of a grey area, as while it is written in the tablets and vaguely referenced by the Greybeards the person who was actually there just said that he taught the humans, with no mention of any aid from Kyne.

As a side note apparently the Baratheon look was a Durrandon trait as Argillac Durrandon was also big strong, black haired and blue-eyed.

Yep, those Storm King genetics are a hell of a thing.

It's probably better that you avoid becoming married (hah) to any one of the Seven Kingdoms, as they all have a massive amount of assorted feuds and baggage with each other, so coming across as an outsider makes you more palatable than "minion of eternal rival kingdom" and such.

Also it's more interesting, even if it is soul-crushingly difficult, but at least you have Dragonstone and Driftmark! There's no better site for your inevitable Fortress of Doom™, unless you're planning on taking Harrenhal for yourself.

Ah but stormCrown, stormKing, also Aregella...black hair, blue eyes, plenty of woman, and apparently some fire to her (when her father died she declared herself Storm Queen and basically did a 'come at me bro' to Orys and Visenya, failed when the troops decided SCREW THAT and tossed her out of Storm's end Naked and chained as an appeasement) all I can say is Hominahominahomina....

Ah but stormCrown, stormKing, also Aregella...black hair, blue eyes, plenty of woman, and apparently some fire to her (when her father died she declared herself Storm Queen and basically did a 'come at me bro' to Orys and Visenya, failed when the troops decided SCREW THAT and tossed her out of Storm's end Naked and chained as an appeasement) all I can say is Hominahominahomina....

Love is the death of duty, and a marriage with her means you've got Argilac breathing down your neck, means Dorne + Reach + Ironborn hate you unconditionally, means Dragonstone and Driftmark will almost certainly desert you, and leaves you probably stuck being little more than an upjumped soldier and consort.

Also, any Skyrim elements in fiction require the character to be a murderhobo for at least a portion of the story.

Argillac was a warrior king who managed to turn around the decline that the Stormlands had been going through. But at the time of the conquest he was getting old and was getting a bit desparate. He made an offer to Aegon for his daughter's hand in marriage to him. Aegon turned it down and tried offering his brother.

Remember Aegon is now dead and we've already made ourselves an enemy of the Ironborn. We're also on land that he officically holds so we'll have to deal with him eventually.

Also Tom is me, a 22 year old guy who's never had a relationship in his life, yes he's had Mya, but Mya is new and he's still not entirely sure what he feels about her and Argella would likely turn off every high-end function of his brain when he sees her.

Argillac was a warrior king who managed to turn around the decline that the Stormlands had been going through. But at the time of the conquest he was getting old and was getting a bit desparate. He made an offer to Aegon for his daughter's hand in marriage to him. Aegon turned it down and tried offering his brother.

Remember Aegon is now dead and we've already made ourselves an enemy of the Ironborn. We're also on land that he officically holds so we'll have to deal with him eventually.

Also Tom is me, a 22 year old guy who's never had a relationship in his life, yes he's had Mya, but Mya is new and he's still not entirely sure what he feels about her and Argella would likely turn off every high-end function of his brain when he sees her.

He was known as "The Arrogant" for a reason though, and he embodied "Ours is the Fury" a little too much.

True, true. An alliance, or some kind of informal agreement would be nice. Or you could go full dovah and try and seize his kingdom, probably would end badly.

And Argella turning off the higher functions of your brain is precisely why she should be avoided. Gotta be careful.

My favorite part of elder scrolls lore. Is when Tiber Septim terraform Cyrodiil, or an assassin cutting his throat and robbing him of thu'um. Doesn't stop Tiber from kicking their asses.

If someone didn't say this already I'll say it now.

In the Game of Thrones,
Love is the Death of Duty

So don't marry because you're horny for someone. Marry for the best alliance.

You may be Dovahkiin and all but an arrow can kill you easy. A Faceless man uses poison and many other methods. So get the best protection.

Also as more info comes in about the Storm King and how he's honestly sweating blood about Harren the Black...I might have made a boo-boo tying myself with the Targaryen sisters both in fic and out.

Brian, in the Game of Thrones, there are few truly good guys. So in all honesty tying yourself to the Targaryen nobles is about as good a move as could be made, and frankly you are now in a position to be one of the few good guys that lives. Keep this up man, make the Dragon to be something respected, instead of feared.

Back