The Omicron Plays Final Fantasy Spoiler Thread

This theory basically asserts that the most important event in FF12 is one most players will never even realize exists, much less find and carry out.
Precisely. It even fits with Tactics' "the important parts of history and the parts that get remembered are different things" thesis.

This theory basically asserts that the most important event in FF12 is one most players will never even realize exists, much less find and carry out.
That's because FFXII being "a prequel" to FFT is just something the programmers said after the game was out, but it's not actually true if you play the game. They just had the same lead programmer for a while and so a bare handful of names were reused, primarily those of the summons - Ultima being one of those - and, as far as Final Fantasy Tactics connections go, that's it.

I honestly give the idea that Final Fantasy XII was meant to be connected to Final Fantasy Tactics no more weight than I do George Lucas' declaration that he'd planned the original Star Wars trilogy as a full thing before directing the original (standalone) Star Wars movie. It's an obvious, self-evident lie that is clearly revealed as such by just observing the product about which the claim is made, but it made for a more interesting narrative by connecting a (then) new thing to a beloved old thing, so people cling to it with all their strength even when it's obviously not true.

So... it only recently actually clicked for me how fucked up it is that there are Moomba in the prison.
The first time through it is funny and out of place, but... but those are effectively the bodies of political prisoners.

Unless I am forgetting something, those are basically dead people killed after being captured, possibly by torture.

So... it only recently actually clicked for me how fucked up it is that there are Moomba in the prison.
The first time through it is funny and out of place, but... but those are effectively the bodies of political prisoners.

Unless I am forgetting something, those are basically dead people killed after being captured, possibly by torture.

That's only true if they're specifically shumi who were captured.

It's just as plausible that Galbania found a bunch of Moombas and enslaved them the regular way. Since they're non-verbal it'll be harder for them to form bonds, pass messages, or do other things prisoners might do with prison support staff who aren't specifically wardens.

Shit, Ward was a janitor, wasn't he? So at some point Galbania decided that having people work at their prisons as support us just not great. Probably part of why they're so mechanized with prisoner transfers in some cases, less possibility of communication.

Doesn't explain the SeeD party, but the SeeD party is unusual in a lot of ways, and I get the feeling they hadn't decided what to do with them, or even who they were. Seifer was in charge, but all he cared about was Emoting with Squall.

No, they're...basically Shumi adults? Shumi digivolve into Moomba after they get old enough, though the process does result in their mental faculties degrading significantly. They're worshipped and respected by the Shumi themselves, but everyone else sees them as just dumb animals.

Which means it's fucked up in a different way, since they're essentially staffing their prison with old men with Alzheimers who lack the mental faculties to do anything about their situation.

Last edited:
Trabia is cold and Selphie needs a new fur coat.

Cost is no object.

To her, anyway.

Trabia is cold and Selphie needs a new fur coat.

Cost is no object.

To her, anyway.

Honestly, given their absurd paychecks, elite-of-the-elite-status, and complete lack of morals, they really should be dressing less like teenagers and more like Landsknect's.

Granted, Seifer Does wear a trenchcoat, Squall is in leather with multiple belts, and Selphie does wear bright yellow... so I guess they do compared to most fashions of the world.

Makes me wonder if there is an in-house stylist in gardens to ensure their SeeD's are maximum fashion.

Still playing FFXV (One trophy away from the plat right now) and it hit me, since i don't really have the option to play FFXVI, i have finished the challenge, stricto-senso, already...

Shame i added and added and added such that there's still 6 more game to play, huh.

Well, as far as Prequels go, Crisis Core is decidedly better than the Star Wars prequel trilogy, despite following the same "fall of the previous game villain, origins of the previous game hero, lots of backstory for incidental characters" format that the prequel trilogy had. So, if Advent Children was the "at least it's not terrible" version of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, then Crisis Core is the "actually pretty good!" version of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. That's a comparison that could be made, but I'd not want to spoil Crisis Core, it's a good enough game to not deserve that, unlike Dirge of Cerberus where keeping people from playing it is making people a service.

Dirge of Cerberus I can only compare to the Star Wars EU novel Crystal Star.

A tumblr post with some interesting context for the Alexander summon:

View: https://www.tumblr.com/moth-wizard/746855978650238976?source=share

He also appears in World of Final Fantasy, where it's revealed in the postgame and Ultimania that he's actually the god who created the crossover world for funzies (and, its implies, other "realms of fantasy") and has been following the main characters the entire time in disguise as the cryptic mentor figure tastefully dressed lady Enna Kros.

He also appears in a more conventional form as a giant bridge.

Why is his human female disguise named Enna Kros? Because that's an anagram for "Roksanne", Roxana being the name of Alexander the Great's wife. No, not Hephaestion, the other one.

World of FF was a fun little game. I enjoyed the chibi cast and seeing the classic summons as humans.

It's hard to call it a spoiler, inferring that Alexander continues to appear in later titles, since it has appeared in 6 and 7 already.

And I'm not sure how much of a spoiler it is to see the design changes to staples such as Shiva and Ifrit, or even chocobos.

Unless you think seeing chocobos from their origin to their appearance in the latest game(s) would spoil something.
Dude, if you can't see why a still from the FF9 Alexander cutscene is a spoiler, it's because you haven't played the game that far.

Dude, if you can't see why a still from the FF9 Alexander cutscene is a spoiler, it's because you haven't played the game that far.
I have played the game that far. But the thing is, it lacks context; without context it's just a very pretty still of Alexander (side note: I'm pretty certain that exact still was used in magazines way back when 9 was originally previewed/reviewed).

By the time Omi gets the context of Alexander defending Alexandria from Bahamut, he's likely to already be at the cutscene.

Edit: Apparently Omi does have context for the scene.

Last edited:
He also appears in World of Final Fantasy, where it's revealed in the postgame and Ultimania that he's actually the god who created the crossover world for funzies (and, its implies, other "realms of fantasy") and has been following the main characters the entire time in disguise as the cryptic mentor figure tastefully dressed lady Enna Kros.

He also appears in a more conventional form as a giant bridge.

Why is his human female disguise named Enna Kros? Because that's an anagram for "Roksanne", Roxana being the name of Alexander the Great's wife. No, not Hephaestion, the other one.

My bastions: solid
My gender: fluid
My references: great
My judgment: divine

It was absolutely hilarious at the time, seeing Omi theorizing all this interesting information about Xande, arguably the least interesting main antagonist in the entire series.

I'll make that argument. Xande is still more interesting than Emperor Aldercapt from FFXV, a guy so forgettable and one note and ignored by the narrative that I legit had to look him up on the wiki to remember his name

Anything you can say about him can basically be summarized as "Geshtal, except less interesting and super-telegraphed even if the plot beat wasn't stale rather than surprise as it was in the early '90s".

Last edited:
I'll make that argument. Xande is still more interesting than Emperor Aldercapt from FFXV, a guy so forgettable and one note and ignored by the narrative that I legit had to look him up on the wiki to remember his name

Anything you can say about him can basically be summarized as "Geshtal, except less interesting and super-telegraphed even if the plot beat wasn't stale rather than surprise as it was in the early '90s".
You raise a good argument. I suppose I think so little about XV in general that he completely slipped my mind. We'll see if when Omicron gets there in a few years whether or not they decide to theorize a bunch about Aldercapt's backstory and motivations only to be completely disappointed again.

I recall zilch about the plot of FF15 beyond that it involves a road trip. It just didn't hang around in my mind, much like 16's plot beyond the spectacle of giant summon transformation battles.

I recall zilch about the plot of FF15 beyond that it involves a road trip. It just didn't hang around in my mind, much like 16's plot beyond the spectacle of giant summon transformation battles.
The first half involved an open world road trip. Then the developers were told ten years of vaporware was long enough and to get the thing out already and the second half was a hallway simulator.

Man, all those folks in Deling City openly simping for Edea has got to be uncomfortable for Irvine, The One Guy Who Remembers His Childhood.

Not sure what's more likely to bother him, the fact that everybody he's talking to is openly lusting for his mom or the fact that neither of his two sisters seem bothered by people openly lusting for their mom.

Random Deling citizen: "Man, Edea is a real MILF!"
Irvine, Edea's son: "..."

And the worst part is, I'm not sure that Zell wouldn't agree with that comment.

Back