Status
Not open for further replies.
[X][Action 2] Go by Mitama's office! (may write-in specifics)
-[X] Iroha: Uncap Combat, Uncap Friendship, Increase Combat, Increase Friendship
--[X] If we get another Grief Seed this Week, Increase Research and unlock Long-Range Healing as well
-[X] Masara and Kokoro: Increase Combat

still closed, pick something else

Question: When this says "alone", does that mean "just the Amanes" or "just one of the Amanes"? Also, if the former, what happens if only one of the Amanes is sent on an Action without anyone else?

the first one - you need both

idk, what would Masara and Kokoro talk to Musoko or Sana about? they haven't really interacted. do you have any suggestions?

idk, what would Masara and Kokoro talk to Musoko or Sana about? they haven't really interacted. do you have any suggestions?
*shrug* That's a non-negligible part of why I didn't think they'd be allowed to go on those Actions. Only thing I can think of is giving Iroha advice on how to handle Sana's crush, which doesn't sound like enough to justify them being part of the Action, especially when the version we had previously was explicitly Iroha and Sana only.

With that said, I would like to point out that Masara and Kokoro were allowed to go on the Action to check on Sasara back during Summer, and as far as I can remember they hadn't really interacted with her either. Considering the fact that Sasara's Doppel was added to her sheet after that Action and what Musoko's condition was until somewhere between Walpurgisnacht and the start of this Week, I can see at least some precedent here, although I could be completely wrong about that.

With that said, I would like to point out that Masara and Kokoro were allowed to go on the Action to check on Sasara back during Summer, and as far as I can remember they hadn't really interacted with her either. Considering the fact that Sasara's Doppel was added to her sheet after that Action and what Musoko's condition was until somewhere between Walpurgisnacht and the start of this Week, I can see at least some precedent here, although I could be completely wrong about that.

...i have no idea what point you're trying to make here or how this relates to what i said, ngl

(also, kokoro and masara are the reason asuka and sasara learned about the magius in the first place >_>)

(also, kokoro and masara are the reason asuka and sasara learned about the magius in the first place >_>)
Ah, then nevermind. Whatever I was thinking, this renders it invalid. Swapped the second Action to Witch Hunting.

Also, since I still don't know for sure how we're supposed to format suggestions for other characters, I was thinking of putting them in a spoiler to avoid taking up space. Would that be acceptable?

Fair warning, this is a bit long because there are a lot of people and several leftover projects that we may or may not be able to finish.
First off, I think it would be very good if Aimi would please, please visit Tsumugi and get Daydreamer swapped out. If that isn't possible, either because Tsumugi is unavailable or because Aimi herself is unwilling, my other suggestions are Scouting Witches (assuming that's still thing) or joining someone else on a Witch Hunt.

Second, I recommend Rika and Ren attempt to Befriend Kiruko, preferably with some help from another person with positive Friendship (Moka, Ui, Sasara, Ema and Aiko are all among my recommendations for this. Moka because she doesn't have the stats to do anything else (although I suspect she won't go along with this), Ui because she doesn't have much to do right now, Sasara because she's Rika and Ren's teammate, and Ema and Aiko because they've already interacted with Kiruko before). (Note: I do not recommend sending more than three people on this, because Rika+Ren+one other person should be enough to pull this off.)

Third, I'm still in favor of sending Mayu to try to continue with Befriending Alina, and while sending Ashley and Ema could certainly get the job done, I think it would be more efficient to send Kaoruko (bringing the total Friendship assigned up to +93). That said, whatever works as long as we get enough Friendship on this to succeed.

Fourth, I'd really like for Nemu to unlock the Rumor of the Mysterious Guardians, just so that we can get that done while she doesn't have anything else she absolutely needs to do.

Fifth, someone should probably spar with Moka (if she isn't willing to help with Kiruko), with my recommendations being (if they aren't doing anything else) Yukika, Ui, Aiko and Sasara (in that order).

Sixth, I would like for Yukika to Scout Witches if that's still something that can be done. Otherwise, my recommendations are sparring with Moka or (if Moka is doing something else) increasing her Research (if that's still an option) or joining other people on Witch Hunting.

Seventh, if Patrols are still something we need to do, I nominate Meiyui and Ryoko for it.

Eighth, if the "send two people to hang out with Hanna and Mikoto" Action is still a thing, I nominate the Amanes to do it this Week, on the grounds that I would like for the people we send on that to have some sort of thematic connection with each other and they don't really have all that much they can do this Week (each of them has a +10 in one stat (and it's a different stat for each of them) and their Trait means they're bad at working with other people, which is going to make using them difficult going forward).

Ninth, I recommend sending the remaining characters Witch Hunting as long as they can get enough Combat together to pull it off. I'll put my personal recommendations for groups in another spoiler below (along with the Combat calculations that went into them), but feel free to shuffle people around. (Note: Some shuffling will be necessary if some of the characters below are doing other things) (Note2: I'm assuming Kirika is not available at the moment.)
Group 1: Touka, Sakurako, Sachiko (20+48+40=108)

Group 2: Felicia, Ema, Izumi, Ashley (32(factoring in a Rampage penalty)+5+10+34+10+10 = 101

Group 3: Ria, Sasara/Aiko, Asuka (41+20+40 = 101)(Note: Sasara is preferred for this due to being Asuka's partner)

As a sidenote, I would appreciate it if someone could swing by Emiri's office (assuming it's open) for that +5 Friendshis, but it's not strictly necessary right now considering how most of our characters with positive Friendship have other things to do.

[X][Action 1] Assist Ryo's investigation of the Ume family! (Progress: 2/3) (Iroha only)
[X][Action 2] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100) (pulls in Masara and Kokoro)

hey ya'll, no update tomorrow. hope you're having a nice weekend, and stay warm if you're in a cold place!

i have a sidestory planned for the middle of next week that i am quite excited to write up and post, and then the next main update will be on new years.

see you then~!

[The Birth of KAGAMI FUKANZEN (Week 26 Sidestory)]
[The Birth of KAGAMI FUKANZEN (Week 26 Sidestory)]
This one awoke after a long time of slumber in the body of a girl who considers herself vermin.

At the moment this one awoke, the whole of the apartment started to rumble with activity. Daiha, who lay nearby, immediately woke up as well, and was clearly disturbed by what she saw.

"S-sora!? What happened!?"

But Sora is not here. Sora is sleeping... cloaked by fear, submerged in despair, Sora is asleep.

"Sora is not here," is declared.

The door slams open, and the other girls rush in, making a crowd. The Tomomis... Clarimonde... Yua... and Haruka... of all of them, only Clarimonde seems pleased. One of the small Incubators is nearby, but it looks pained... Clarimonde compliments it work, but no one joins her in praise.

No matter.

This one rises. Pointing at Clarimonde, "you may do as you wish in Kamihama," is declared.

Her eyes glow in delight, and she rushes off before anyone can stop her. Haruka follows, and she grabs Yua. The red and blue versions of Tomomi, meanwhile, draw close.

The red is glaring. "Hey, what did you do with Sora!?"

"Sora is asleep," is declared by this one, as it changes outfits. This one becomes adorned in dull peahen feathers, in the pattern of neural networks, haphazardly laid atop Sora's old outfit. Oh well...

The blue is glaring. "Return her to us. Now."

This one glances at them, and they step back. "That will not happen. You cannot reach her now."

They are confused. So is Daiha, who speaks. "But... I've been watching her gem!"

This one blinks. "Have you? No matter. This one must go." This one walks away, not stopping to hear what is said by them. Something about Kamihama...

This one is shown a small transparent gem by Clarimonde before she departs. "You know what this does? It's a teleport wish-gem. It's got one more use in it. You want it?"

This one nods, take it, and departs for Takarazaki. This is someone there to meet...

Inside the great mansion, there are many Magical Girls, but only one Kagami Kanpeki. They immediately panic once this one arrives... that won't do... neither will several emerging with weapons in hand.

With faint hints of desire, the weapons vanish and the outfits return to normal casual wear.

Ah, but now Kagami won't come near...

This one blinks. Her presence has suddenly started to fade out... that won't do either...

This one stalks the halls for her, having left the wish-gem behind. Other Magical Girls flee, dragging each other out of the way and evacuating. No matter. This one is not here for them...

"Agh... why... ...!?"

This one breaks down a door and finds her, faint in the sunlight and fading out. Ah, is this why she never approached? Oh well... Her eyes are wide and she's as pale as a living thing can possibly get.

"Oh no..." she whispers. "Did Kyubey...?

"This one is acting alone. Your time has come, Kagami Kanpeki. Say goodbye to this world..."

She does not, perhaps cannot, escape. This one holds up Sora's Soul Gem, bursting to the seams with impurities, and commands her to be swallowed up inside of it. She bends, stretches, and is sucked inside.

Ah... now for the other source of Sora's despair... Iroha Tamaki and the Magius...

Slowly, this one walks away. There is no need to hurry.

QM Note: The effects of this will be noticed in the main story soon.

also, there will be a sunday update as usual. vote will close at this time:

Clarimonde compliments it work
"its"

This is someone there to meet...
"There"?

She does not, perhaps cannot, escape. This one holds up Sora's Soul Gem, bursting to the seams with impurities, and commands her to be swallowed up inside of it. She bends, stretches, and is sucked inside.
*spit-take* WHAT!?!?!?

Okay, now I'm confused. What exactly happened? How did Sora's Doppel go out of control? I think Clari did something with the stolen Mokyu unit, but I have no idea what or how she got the chance... wait a minute, Kyubey said he was going to give a distraction, but I thought that was to get Yua under her control so she could attack Kamihama.

Adhoc vote count started by Solarstream on Dec 31, 2022 at 5:15 PM, finished with 14 posts and 2 votes.

• [X][Action 1] Assist Ryo's investigation of the Ume family! (Progress: 2/3) (Iroha only)
    [X][Action 2] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100) (pulls in Masara and Kokoro)

vote closed!

so, here's the full magius slate, and some rolls:

[] Provided Plan #1
-[][Iroha] Assist Ryo's investigation of the Ume family! (Progress: 2/3) (Iroha only)
-[][Iroha, Masara, Kokoro] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100)
-[][Ui, Moka, Aimi] Practice fighting with a partner!
-[][Touka, Ashley, Yukika] Develop a Magia! (DC: 200; progress is saved)
-[][Nemu] Write-in: Check up on Mitama
-[][Sakurako, Ria] Send girls to help patrol the city for threats!
-[][Mayu, Kaoruko] Try to make friends with Alina! (Progress: 1/5 successes) (DC: 100)
-[][Chiyoko] ???
-[][Felicia, Asuka, Sasara] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100)
-[][Meiyui, Ryoko] Have a meeting between your group and representatives from Sankyoin
-[][Aiko, Ren, Rika] Try to make friends with "Kiruko"! (Progress: 1/3 successes) (DC: 80)
-[][Sana] ???
-[][Chika] Visit Tsumugi at Walnut's!
-[][Sachiko, Izumi] Learn an advanced Magical Girl skill: Enchantment (0/200)
-[][Matsuri] ???
-[][Tsukasa, Tsukuyo] Spend time hanging out with Mikoto and Hanna!
Solarstream threw 2 100-faced dice. Reason: iroryo investigation Total: 142
80 80 62 62
Solarstream threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: iromasakoko combat #1 Total: 15
15 15
Solarstream threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: iromasakoko combat #2 Total: 10
6 6 4 4
Solarstream threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: daydream check Total: 3
3 3
Solarstream threw 4 20-faced dice. Reason: ui, moka (dis), aimi combat Total: 58
5 5 14 14 19 19 20 20
Solarstream threw 5 20-faced dice. Reason: touka ashley yukika magia Total: 40
11 11 8 8 2 2 17 17 2 2
Solarstream threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: felicia's rampage! Total: 2
2 2
Solarstream threw 1 20-faced dice. Reason: felicia sasara asuka combat Total: 10
10 10
Solarstream threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: kushu? Total: 1
1 1
Solarstream threw 2 20-faced dice. Reason: aiko ren rika kiruko Total: 16
8 8 8 8
Solarstream threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: sachiko izumi enchantment Total: 75
75 75

Last edited:
[Shattered Peace (Week 26)]
Winning vote:
[X][Action 1] Assist Ryo's investigation of the Ume family! (Progress: 2/3) (Iroha only)
Winning vote:
[] Provided Plan #1
-[][Iroha] Assist Ryo's investigation of the Ume family! (Progress: 2/3) (Iroha only)
-[][Iroha, Masara, Kokoro] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100)
-[][Ui, Moka, Aimi] Practice fighting with a partner!
-[][Touka, Ashley, Yukika] Develop a Magia! (DC: 200; progress is saved)
-[][Nemu] Write-in: Check up on Mitama
-[][Sakurako, Ria] Send girls to help patrol the city for threats!
-[][Mayu, Kaoruko] Try to make friends with Alina! (Progress: 1/5 successes) (DC: 100)
-[][Chiyoko] ???
-[][Felicia, Asuka, Sasara] Go and find a Witch to fight (DC: rolls a d100 for the whole group 100)
-[][Meiyui, Ryoko] Have a meeting between your group and representatives from Sankyoin
-[][Aiko, Ren, Rika] Try to make friends with "Kiruko"! (Progress: 1/3 successes) (DC: 80)
-[][Sana] ???
-[][Chika] Visit Tsumugi at Walnut's!
-[][Sachiko, Izumi] Learn an advanced Magical Girl skill: Enchantment (0/200)
-[][Matsuri] ???
-[][Tsukasa, Tsukuyo] Spend time hanging out with Mikoto and Hanna!
(-[][Oriko, Kirika] Go check up on Fujori)

[Shattered Peace (Week 26)]
The meeting of the Magius was rather relaxed, despite the events of the prior week. Walpurgisnacht was defeated, Kagari was subdued, and you all believed (at the time) that Sora was still a distant threat. Even better, Walpurgisnacht had summoned a vast coven of Witches to fight alongside her, and all of them had been defeated alongside her. The number of Witches present in Kamihama must be very small, and will hopefully go to zero one day.

It's no wonder that you all would have dissolved the Magius here had Oriko not intervened. Under other circumstances, there wouldn't be much left for you all to do as a large group. Most of the things that are still important to do (check up on various girls, keep in touch with the other factions, stay on patrol, and so on) could be done in smaller groups or as individuals. The goal of the Magius was nearing completion thanks to the Grief Engine – the "Miracle of Kamihama" would one day become a world-wide phenomenon.

But no. You all couldn't stop here. Not if you wanted to survive to see that day come.

But then what to do?

Well, Sachiko and Izumi, given their abilities, wanted to give Enchanting small trinkets for everyone a try, so they needed to learn how to do that first. Kaoruko would then decide to join Mayu in a trying to reach out to Alina, taking that over from Ren, who would be joining her girlfriend Rika and Aiko in trying to reach out to Kiruko (whose real name you still didn't know, though you could easily look it up).

Touka and Ashley, excited by the success of Kokoro's and Masara's Magia attacks against Kagari, wanted to try developing Magia of their own. Yukika volunteered to help them out, having one of her own to demonstrate and maybe give them some ideas. Moka, who came to get help learning to fight, would be joined by Ui and Aimi, who wanted the same thing. They would figure something out together!

Speaking of fighting, Felicia, Sasara, and Asuka would form a Witch fighting team to take out one of the few Witches remaining, and so would you, Masara, and Kokoro. Oriko, pointing out that this meant that a lot of girls' souls could be saved from those Witches, decided to go and track down Fujori with Kirika's help. She was last spotted in Fukuoka by Shizuku and Ayaka, who would be wrapping up their work there this week.

This week, Meiyui wanted to get in touch with Nanaka and the other Sankyoin girls about things, and would be joined by Ryoko. This left the task of patrolling to Sakurako and Ria, who accepted it eagerly.

Nemu would decide to check in on Mitama to see how she's been faring, and Chika would decide to visit Tsumugi, who was rumored to be able to help out Magical Girls like Mitama, though not to the same extent.

Tsukasa and Tsukuyo, having just joined and not having anything major to do, decided to spend time with Mikoto and Hanna after that whole deal was explained to them.

And with that all determined, you decided that your solo project for the week would be finishing up the investigation of the Ume family with Ryo. You were still curious about the Ume parents, after all.

(What are you aiming to learn about the Ume parents? Much like with the chat with Kagami and Tasuke, you may submit as many questions as you like, subject to QM veto.)
[][Ume Family] (write-in)

Some would go at once, and some would stay to hang out in the relaxing atmosphere.

While Kamihama would remain at peace, that mood would be violently destroyed in Takarazaki.

You would get the news one bright morning in a series of frantic texts from Kuroe and Kurenai while on your way to school with Ui and Sakurako. You then got messages from Yachiyo, Nanaka, Kanagi, and Hinano saying that something happened in Takarazaki and that you all need to meet again soon. In fact, it's probably time to get everyone in the city together again.

Not long later, you, Ui, and Sakurako are joined by Kuroe and Kurenai outside your school thanks to some timely teleportation. You're giving Kuroe a big hug while Kurenai punches the ground, screaming. Sakurako is standing guard nearby to keep others away, while Ui is keeping close to you, having messaged Touka and Nemu with the bad news.

"I'm gonna kill that girl! I swear I will!"

...you don't have the heart to talk her out of it right now, so you let her rant. This is how you learn that Kagami has been assassinated by Sora Ume... though, by the description of her demeanor, it sounds more like her Witch is possessing her. When you bring that up in the faction leader group chat, they all come to the same conclusion as you have – she'll be coming here next, and sooner rather than later. Only by attacking and destroying the source of salvation can the Witch take permanent control, after all.

You'll need to prepare.

"Hey, Sakurako, what's going on he-!?"

"F-fuyuu!?"

"Ah, it's that violent girl again!"

You and the others turn to see that Momoko, Kaede, and Rena have arrived.

Kurenai scoffs. "Yeah, it's me. I'm not here to cause problems this time."

Rena scoffs back. "Oh really? Why should we believe you?"

Kurenai rolls her (tear-stained) eyes. "You don't have to believe me. Ask your pals here."

And you and Sakurako go ahead and confirm that Kurenai means well. There's been a crisis in Takarazaki and she's come here for help. The three of them will be filled in on the details later. Rena is still suspicious, but Momoko is satisfied by that and takes Rena and Kaede inside the school... which you also need to enter.

But before you do, you have a question. "What happened to Shizuka and the other Mirror Diviners?"

Kurenai shrugs, but Kuroe has an answer. They're safe, though it seems like their special transformations aren't working anymore. For that matter, neither are the special Seals put on girls under Kagami's care to prevent the Witch transformation. Thankfully, your system has already spread to Takarazaki, so girls there are safe, but the same can't be said for faraway girls.

After working things out with Touka and Mami over the phone, Kurenai and Kuroe are whisked away to bring some of those girls here, while others go to Takarazaki and Mitakihara. With that settled, you can then go to class, certain that the worst has been averted and there are still dangers to come.

(Iroha has also received a text message rom Musoko, asking to meet after school. Besides bringing up her family connection to Kiruko, is there you'd like to see discussed?)
[][Musoko] (write-in)

QM Note: There will likely be only 2 or 3 Main Story updates for this week, and also several sidestories.

"after"

(Iroha has also received a text message rom Musoko
"from"

Also, shit! *sigh* I had hoped we'd have until the school festivals to get ready for the DA's crew to arrive, but from the sound of things, Clari at least will be here next Week, possibly with Possessed!Sora backing her up.

[X][Ume Family] (write-in)
-[X] How much do the Ume family know about the Magical Girl System?
-[X] How many of the Ume family's allies know about the Magical Girl System?
-[X] What are the Ume family after? It can't just be money, can it?

First and foremost, we need to know just how much the Ume family knows, so that's the first two questions. Also, it occurred to me that we should probably try to find out how many of their allies are in the loop regarding the MG System.

Next up, I would like some more specifics on why exactly Sora and Kagami went rogue, although I'm not sure how much we'll be able to find out, especially about Kagami given what she told us about what Sora did to her.

The question about why they had Musoko's father killed is somewhat lower priority, but it's nagging at me since I don't see any real reason for them to have done it. He wasn't connected to them beyond Musoko's mother, and on top of that, as far as I'm aware, it was relatively recent when the Anti-Incubator Field was established, which raises the question of why they waited so many years to do it.

Sara's involvement with the Ume family is also something I'd like a bit more information on, since the investigation into her said that she was trapped in her job as a bodyguard for them, which suggests to me that they have some kind of leverage over her that goes beyond personal loyalty to her father.

Lastly, the big question: Just what is it that the Ume family is trying to achieve? After everything they've done, plus their clear political ambitions given that they have a candidate running for mayor, I really doubt they're just looking to line their pockets like Mikoshiba was.

EDIT: Vetoed questions have been removed, as has the question about Musoko's father.

As for Musoko...

[X][Musoko] (write-in)
-[X] You meant it when you said that you want to be her friend
-[X] Is she willing to rejoin the Magius? (Note: Be understanding if she chooses not to)

I can't really think of anything else to talk to her about, so I'm open to suggestion here.

Last edited:
-[X] How long have the Ume family known about the Magical Girl System?

-[X] Why did Sora and Kagami cut ties with the Ume family? (Note: Do not be surprised if information on Kagami is unavailable due to whatever Sora did to her)

Ryo and Iroha are not capable of answering these questions with the resources available to them. (Vetoed.)

-[X] Why did the Ume family have Musoko's father killed?

This was the dead mayor's doing, unless you're asking if the Ume family arranged for it.

-[X] How exactly is Sara's father making her work for the Ume family? Is it just loyalty to him, or is he coercing her somehow?

Only Sara can answer this. (Vetoed.)

[X][Musoko] (write-in)
-[X] Is she willing to rejoin the Magius? (Note: Be understanding if she chooses not to)

Yeah I can't think of anything else to ask, sorry I've been kind of out of it lately.

[X][Musoko] (write-in)

132 more messages…
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back