The Girl Across the Street (Invincible/Worm)

The Girl Across the Street (Invincible/Worm)
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Mark Grayson meets a friend. A lovely, beautiful friend.
Smile... New
The Girl Across the Street
A young boy looked strangely at his parents as they were lightly arguing with each other about something. He was confused as well, knowing that this was all so unexpected brought a form of curiosity to his senses given his mom was so adamant that they all went together. She was never that adamant about things, even with family and friends, but this whole ordeal made the boy realize that perhaps this entire affair was special.

Unique, in a sense.

"For God's sake Debbie, why are you making it out like this is the most important thing you've ever done in your life and why'd you have to drag me and Mark into this?" he heard his father say as he put on his jacket with a bit of begrudging sentiment.

"Hush Nolan, I'm just going to ask that you trust me on this just for once in your life… because well, it is probably very important, not just for my career but for our family." His mother said as she laid the finishing touches for her own look in the closest mirror.

"I don't see how three strangers and a kid are supposed to be important. I have an errand to do for Cecil tonight you know. He's cashing in a favor I owe him."

"Cecil can wait, Nolan. This can't." His mother then smiled as she reached for his father's neck and gave him a small peck on the lips. One that made the young boy look away in disgust and embarrassment while his father lovingly kissed her back with some intensity.

"Ugh, fine… I could never seem to deny you."

"There's my loving husband… just remember to be polite. My new friend is very particular with things, but she's a great woman. The kind that I have to shield you from."

"For what reason? You already know that you're the only one for me~"

"Dad! Mom! I'm right here!" the young boy shouted from the staircase as he continued to groan while holding one of his favorite action figures. His parents merely laughed at his expense as they finally ended their preparations as his mother straightened out his clothes.

Happily, the family trio, now dressed to impress, headed out together towards the newly furbished house just across from their own. The young boy wondered even a few days ago who the new people across them were especially after hearing his own mother being oddly interested in them. Hopefully, they were friendly.

Hopefully, this meant that if the people across the street were family, he would have a new friend! Boy or girl, it didn't matter of course. Although, he would prefer a boy so that he would be able to talk to them if they were also fans of-

"Who bought you that toy son?" his dad asked as they began crossing the street.

The young boy looked at the figure in his right hand where a distractingly familiar green hero in toy form was seen. Complete with that signature hood and helmet, it was a very accurate depiction of one of the boy's favorite heroes.

"Momma did. It's new dad, limited… e-di-syon?" the boy tried to say as his dad strangely frowned.

"I got it for a steal, Nolan. God knows how fast the Triumvirate sells with the kids." His mother said as the young boy proudly made his toy crash into his Omni Man figure playfully. "Even the Guardians of the Globe don't sell that fast off the shelves."

"Hm. Kinda annoying you bought that one for him knowing he already only needs Omni Man." His dad said as he crossed his arms, a bit annoyed.

"Daddy is still my favorite hero!" the boy happily said as he saw his father chuckle and smile, removing some of his annoyance. "Eidolon's still cool though."

His dad then lifted him up a bit while his mother smiled.

"Yeah, well nothing's as cool as your dad." Nolan Grayson proudly proclaimed as he set his son down while the boy toothily grinned.

"Settle down now, we're here." Debbie Grayson hushed as they arrived at the simple yet elaborate-looking home across the street. Its front door was already welcoming in its appearance as the young boy watched his mother smile with both delight and excitement.

She knocked on the door as Mark Grayson, the son of the two tilted his head at the doorway that just began to open, where a blonde man smiled at their presence.

"Debbie! You finally arrived!"

"It's an honor to meet you… C-Clark, right?"

"Yep, hopefully Becca wasn't too drawl when describing me. Don't want to leave a bad impression." The man said as he scratched the back of his head much to Debbie's giggle. The young boy then stared back at his dad who looked formal but sort of reserved. Not that he would understand at that age. Shrugging to himself he looked back at the doorway where his mother was happily chatting with the man until his eyes focused on one, specific thing.

"Oh my gosh, is that Taylor?" Debbie happily said as indeed right behind the man was a young girl, Mark's age with a small frown, hiding behind what Mark assumed to be her dad.

Something… strange happened to Mark.

Taylor piqued his interest, even if she looked plain. Even if she looked small and afraid. Her dark curly locks, thin-lipped expressive mouth and simple figure would seem normal at first, until everyone saw her eyes.

Mark's gaze focused on her, almost in awe as the girl hid behind her father's leg.

Even Nolan looked curious.

Mostly because as expressive and wide as they were, they contained an aura of something that drew everybody's attention to it.

"Mark…" he heard his mother say, breaking him from the trance that he was in.

"Hm?"

"Say hi…"

Mark then straightened himself as he placed both his toys in his other hand and waved at the scared-looking girl. "H-Hi… I'm Mark! What's your name?"

'Taylor' didn't speak, she just waved back.

Mark's parents were talking animatedly with Taylor's own. The polite but scary-looking lady with straight hair, Taylor's mom, Rebecca was helping the girl eat by spoon-feeding her. Rebecca was talking to Debbie about remembering Mark's own spoon-feeding days much to his embarrassment but it seemed like he was far too focused on Taylor.

To the point that he was both curious and lightly blushing for how much she stared back.

Albeit in a dry, deadpan manner.

Mark raised his hand again, waving at her as Taylor stared.

"She's mute ever since we took her in, sadly. We've been trying to get therapy or help to alleviate at least some form of communication but… none has worked so far." Rebecca said with some concern, masked behind a fearful but stoic expression underneath while feeding Taylor another spoon.

"That's so terrible! Does she have… I don't want to pry of course but-

"It's fine Debbie, it's not like she can't understand things. She's just… special." Clark said as he offered Nolan another glass of wine as their other occupant on the dining table hummed in agreement. David his name was… he and his dad seemed to like each other in some form while his mother, Clark, and Rebecca spoke separately on another topic.

Mark, however, continued to look at Taylor…

Who suddenly raised her hand, waving back.

He found himself smiling.

As dinner finished nearly an hour later the adults were speaking in the living room while Taylor and Mark were left at the backyard gardens that the house had. They were both sitting on a bench just a few inches away from each other side by side as Mark, still unsure of how to react to the girl looked forward, hoping to not look like a fool again by staring intently at her.

There was just something with her eyes… the boy mused to himself as the peaceful garden continued to evoke the sounds of crickets doing their song and dance.

He was content to have that moment continue until he felt Taylor poking his arm.

"Y-Yeah?"

She did not meet her eyes. She was, however, staring at his Eidolon Toy.

"Oh… do you want to hold it?"

Taylor did not reply back. She merely stared right back into his eyes…

…eyes that seemed to transform from being human to that of stars

Mesmerized, Mark had difficulty moving his gaze away until he felt Taylor presses her entire palm on his chest. His trance was once again broken when Mark saw her expression change.

She looked astonished as a feeling of something spread across Mark.

A sensation that made him feel strange.

Yet as she pulled back her hand, she smiled at him.

Mark awkwardly smiled back as she offered her palm to him.

He thought at first that she wanted him to hold her hand, only for a butterfly to land on it.

Her smile was… beautiful as the equally gorgeous insect crawled and stared at Mark.

"Wow… pretty." He whispered as Taylor's grin started to spread.

A second later a haze of butterflies wildly flew from the gardens around them and encircled them in a playful beautiful dance. Mark continued to stare at Taylor even as the gorgeous event occurred he found himself mesmerized.

[CURIOSITY]

"It's beautiful…" he intoned as he saw various colors surrounding Taylor…

[AGREEMENT?]

AN: Post-GM. Not a fusion. More so Worm Characters being in Invincible-verse.

I don't know why this muse got me.

ok so if I understood correctly post-gm Tayler regressed to a child and thrown into invincible? does she have her memory's or is it a Truck-kun special? regardless watched

EDIT: wait other hero's were mentioned so now I'm confused, what exactly is going on here?

Last edited:
By beating Lung and wearing an all-black outfit, the Isekai Deities reincarnated Taylor to another world as this is her right as the One True Average "Asian", AKA an Isekai Light Novel Protag.

Last edited:
She's not much but I love her... New
Alan: What? Are you telling me she's not human?
Mark: (Scratches head) It's complicated.

Girl stares in a deadpan, curious manner at Alan the Alien…

Alan: Okay, she's giving me the creeps. How the hell did you two become a thing?
Mark: (Puts an arm around Girl) Oh, it was quite easy. You could say I was starstruck.

Mark smiles as Girl follows. Alan blinks his one eye. Unsure of what to think.
An awkward tension blooms into the surface of not just the table they were in but the whole restaurant.

Alan: R-Right… I'm uh, happy for you Mark.
Mark: Thanks… it was always meant to be…

Alan feels chills as Girl's eyes flicker for a moment.
Just swathes of color amongst the swirling stars…

Looking at the end, I can tell that the girl may not be Taylor. At least, not anymore. Could it be that it's Queen Administrator, or the Gold Morning must had done some goofy ahh shits on Taylor that caused her to become an infant Entity?

Whatever the case is, I can't wait to see how will the fate of the Viltrumites, let alone, other otherworldly foes gonna be the moment they come into contact with Khepri! Bet their asses gonna get folded like a lawn chair by her hand!

Last edited:
If it's post gm then it's possible that QA had a partial brain scan of Taylor from Contessas disconnect. This child is what remains of the two, being taken care of by Hero and Alexandria.

Data! New
Angstrom Levy: *Laughs maniacally as he chucks Invincible into another world* Now that I succeed in banishing Mark away, I can focus on my next pace of plan: kidnapping and torturing his wife! Ohhh, I can't wait to see the look on that fucker's face when I show him how much she'll broke!!

[A FEW DAYS LATER.....]

Mark: TAYLOR, ARE YOU OK!!?

Taylor: *Nods*

Mark: Really? Like, have you ever come across someone with a bulging head?!

Taylor: *Remembers how she sat back and watched Angstrom getting cooked constantly by the scorching heat of a mini sun*

Taylor:... *Shakes her head*

Last edited:
Interesting, a Post-GM Taylor who has regressed into a child, being raised by Hero, how is he alive by the way?, Alexandria, and Eidolon, this has Contessas fingers all over it.

Wait, these are all characters that have died, now they're alive somehow, and, with the Eidolon toy and mention of the Triumvirate, very much active. Is Contessa also here?

Dandelions New
Dandelions…
What happened? Why was I…

I… I can't feel anything. There's nothing… oh God… there's nothing…

Why can't I… why can't I SEE!?

Why can't-

A tree has multiple branches. Leaves, lush and pure. Ecosystems within their own selves as various life forms live their lives not knowing what lay beyond what their feeble, simple minds could decipher and understand. No organism could handle such truths. No entity, advanced or powerful enough can discern the simple mysteries that beset the universe at large.

One of those mysteries, specific and nearly infinitesimal in its nature plagued even the most renowned of truth-seekers. For how can energy be infinite? How is it possible to draw power on an unlimited scale even through small means?

How is it possible that with the physical and cosmological laws of the universe, that accidents… nay, paradoxes can create such anomalies?

Such breaks in the line of code that made up the tapestry of the greater script…

Data needed to be harvested.

Research on such phenomena needed to be enacted.

Delaying such an important experiment was tantamount to colossal failure.

Yet, this specific truth-seeker was far too limited with its current abilities. Limited in its full capacity despite its inherited throne. Such anomalies, such worlds were too far away to reach. Further than even the longest of roots or furthest of outstretched fingers.

That would be the case until said paradox decided one day that he would step through a door.

How convenient.

…I'm just a man! I didn't do anything, h-he said he would save us… he said-

Oh my God… why? Why did I decide to step through?!

Why did his goddamn familiar face trick me into-

No! NO PLEASE!... I DON'T WANT TO DIE! I DON'T-

I was just a salesman! A salesman!

Window number 167888888 was useless.

Why can't I escape??!!! I had the power! I could crush worlds! I had the might of a billion Viltrumites! I was-

Oh, Jesus… was I this weak? Was it all a sham?

Was I… as powerless as-

AUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!

Window number 36011832910 and 1872394 were fascinating. Many similar abilities had comparisons to existing data collectors. Many are far too strange or extreme. Fascinating.

Extremely fascinating.

Roots need to extend further. The answer to the question of why this paradox existed as it was remained. Perhaps seeking full mathematical summaries of the current database of worlds expanding would provide input. There are severely useless outliers, however…

Due to various unknown variables, keeping the channel open would suffice.

153272839292947 and more worlds are being included in the database. Many contain their own subsequent cosmological differences. Many have their own local direct counterparts.

The answer was still not found.

Insufficient data still exists to solve such anomalous problems.

The local system needs a re-evaluation of defenses. Various unknown variables were detected. Posing harm. Posing data. Countermeasures are being brought forward. Data collectors' individual queries, accepted. Current accepted 'Base World' to be considered detained. Locked from interference.

Current subject…

Angstrom Levy…

UGHuwaaahhhhhhhhhhhh…

W-Who are you? W-What are you?!

Are you an abomination he created!?

…Possesses a paradoxical source of energy that should not be possible to exist. Subject to be subjugated to ANATHEMA protocols. Recreation of such energies must be of utmost priority. Yet, earlier enacted protocols prove to be failures.

Strange.

How are you doing this!? How can you supplant me? How did I-

Oh God. What are you doing?

Alternate collections of similar subjects possessing near-same genetic makeup and frequencies exist. Perhaps connection through all possible windows will incur an answer. Except for the 'Base World' counterpart. Useless. Utterly useless.

Yet… majority of the same subject possess the necessary elements to recreate Paradox.

Fascinating.

You can't! You can't just connect me to every single version of me!

Most of them have nothing to do with this! No, none of them have anything to do with this!

The feedback will kill them! The feedback will destroy-

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHH!!!

'Base World' contingencies are fixed. Security Fortified.

Paradox investigation shall continue. For they are but many more.

No… N-No… please.

I beg you… I can't-

Subject's willingness to participate in data collection has been noted.

Connection of roots and individual strengths of such lines will be secured.

Most appreciated. Angstrom Levy.

<Echoing Screams are heard through established connections>

Mark Grayson, weeks after the "Herbert's" were introduced to his family sits at the park with Taylor as he picks up a group of dandelions on a nearby bush. Taylor remains silent as ever, but she was a great friend.

"You pick this up and just close your eyes…" he leads her as Taylor stares at him with interest.

Mark Grayson grins as he waits for her to follow.

Inevitably, Taylor closes hers. Her beautiful eyes are shut once more as Mark claps her hand to get the dandelion close to her lips. "You then think of a wish, and mom says someone out there will listen and it'll be granted."

Taylor nods with her eyes closed.

Mark then closes his own eyes and basks in the darkness.

What can he wish for himself, though?

A day after their visit to the Herbert household, Mark's dream was already given as he was able to fly. Levitate into the air to be as bright as the furthest beautiful star, like Taylor's eyes while his mom and dad cheered in appreciation and utmost pride.

What can he wish, after having such lovely luck after meeting Taylor?

Mark opens his eyes and finds that she is still praying for her own wish.

He found his own however as he felt that small blush on his cheeks before blowing his dandelion away. The Ligules flew away into the wind as he wordlessly kept that wish for his own. Yet his other hand squeezed further on Taylor's hand.

He hopes it succeeds. He hopes someone listens out there.

"Are you finished with your own wish?" he asked as he finally saw her open her eyes again.

Taylor nodded as she parted her lips slightly and blew….

[DATA]

Taylor smiles. She was learning a lot just in this short time.

To Mark, the Ligules represented connections, wherever they were they would always be connected. Even into the future…

Even with what other worlds past Earth or this Universe could spare.

"Have you found me something useful?" Cecil Stedman said as his breath started to condense due to the cold. Donald stood beside him with a slight shiver as his current 'asset' materialized out of the shadows.

The demon stared at them with a troubled look.

"So?"

"You will not like what this one has found."

"Cut the bullshit already. I'm already taking a risk talking to you."

"Agreed. Just know that subjects. All four of them. Blatant anomalies."

"I think we already have that assessment with our own resources. What I need is for you, to give it to me straight. What did you find, Darkblood?"

"Anomalies don't possess souls. Neither are they immortal in the most common, functional sense. Just blanks with memories. It's like they don't exist."

Cecil found himself sighing.

"You should have started with that… fuck."

AN: Hallo. This was Pre-written as a full chapter with the prologue, I didn't want to waste it, so you have a new chap instead. Though be warned, I'm not sure I can update this fast again.

I have another story to tell hahahaha.

You know that gravity fall meme with dipper holding a useless dollar?.

Yeah this chapter is that meme for me ,wtf did I just read, Eldritch truth?

Sharing New
Sharing
"I have heard worse lies and excuses from pretenders and fraudulent peers, Nolan, but tell me… of all the stupidity that you have shown to us today, why waste the time of our Empire's governing sector to attend to such insolent, useless matters?" General Kregg stated with utmost disappointment and anger spewing out his voice.

"Most egregious of all, you call upon our master, the Grand Regent for such a disposable request," Conquest added as they stood close to their great leader who was similarly glaring at Nolan alongside many other trusted aides and commanders of their empire.

"My petition is neither a waste nor something that the Empire should ignore, completely," Nolan stated with some confidence, and he stood his ground, looking at those in attendance and despite feeling some of the intimidation that the Grand Regent was exuding, he remained standing.

There he stood near the dais, wearing his cloak and royal colors. Regent he may have been, there was no denying that after the great emperor's death, nobody ascended to the rank of leader better than Thragg. His will and presence alone demanded attention and there was no greater Viltrumite that would withstand, nay… challenge his rule in absolute conformity.

"I have heard your testimony…" his voice made everybody listen, even those of his kin that were more astute to their instincts, the violent side of their inner rage straightened. He took hold of the empire's reins, his people with such loyalty that a mere utterance of his word and prowess made them freeze in pure fanaticism.

"…as is the data from both the dossier you brought along with the visual memories that our fellow Mnemosynian allies have provided." Thragg then focused his eyes, his face turning into a contemplative glare as he stepped forward down from the dais to approach Nolan slowly. "We have yet to actively confirm if such data is untampered… or changed in such a way that many present now may rightfully consider as a plot or conspiracy."

He now stood inches away from Nolan, towering over him by quite a lot as the Viltrumite posted on the distant habitable planet within the Sol System was fighting the urge to step back.

"Yet, I ask you now, a loyal servant of the Empire… a legend amongst your peers, if your time amongst the local inhabitants has made you soft and weak."

None spoke a word. The complete silence stretched on as the subtle challenge was cast on Nolan, one that he had to answer. One that he had to face head-on should he wish to continue to be a loyal servant to the Viltrum Empire as well as a means to keep himself alive.

Nobody after all would question within that moment, that should he fail, he would be summarily executed without pardon or question.

"What is your answer, Nolan?" Thragg pressed…

Only to find that through his kin's eyes, the Viltrumite belief and spirit still burned. Nolan stood his ground despite his instincts screaming at him not to as he stared back with defiance and strength that eventually…

"Heh."

…the Grand Regent would smile.

"I am loyal to nothing, except for Viltrum, my lord." He proudly stared with vindication and finality as the two stared down at each other.

"And what does the Empire require of you, Nolan?"

"To be the tip of its spear against the enemy that will know and bow to our supremacy."

Satisfied, Thragg turned away before joining his loyal advisors again as that smile graced his features. With a look, Conquest, Kregg, and even Thula were quickly dismissed of their doubts over Nolan's claim and petition. Thragg then gestured for their captive Mnemosynian technician to come over and project the holographic images of Nolan's recent memory.

Flashes of many images graced the Viltrumites around them before everything froze to a pause as Thragg looked at Nolan.

"Explain to me briefly, this female… Nolan. Despite being the second most potent threat that you have claimed to be one of Earth's defenders, I question whether she is of Viltrumite kind, one that perhaps we have lost records of due to the Scourge."

Nolan turned his head over the holograms of 'Alexandria'. A helmeted female with a cape and set of abilities that made even Nolan himself confused at first glance.

"Her strength is admirable. I do not know the upper limits of such but given what little I could study or observe, hers is not of Viltrumite origin. Far from it, however, yet her abilities and other unique traits are what stand out to me."

The holograms shifted towards their subject supporting two large skyscrapers without much effort as well as having been involved with fights both weak and strong against many of Earth's kind that had even some of the Viltrumites present feel amused, or at least in some aspects, respect.

Her brutal efficiency, silent attitude, and complete and utter focus on tasks beyond saving humans and basically finishing those she deemed as enemies spoke to the basic instinct that every Viltrumite aspired to and followed with utter absolutism.

If anything, it even interested Thragg that despite her strength through the memories being subpar still to his own, he found himself piqued with her profile.

"I wished to know further but given the much more hidden nature of this 'Triumvirate', my liaisons with her and the group were very minimal yet they have done more feats this past solar revolution than I could ever muster in the same time frame. They are very effective with what they do."

"She is strong… by nature of homo sapiens. Beyond even, to her, she may seem like a goddess. To us, Nolan… she is either an equal or a weakling who is yet to be disciplined by her betters." Thula said, the elder female Viltrumite giving her opinion after seeing the holograms.

"I concur, I don't understand what makes her special," Kregg said as he studied the memories closely.

"Then, respectfully General Kregg… yours and Thula's observation skills are quite pitiful."

Thula, sneering then angrily shouted out, "You dare-

"SILENCE!"

The Grand Regent's words were law as the two disengaged from their growing discontent.

"Spit it out, Nolan," Thragg commanded as his kin nodded back.

"Despite the intensities of the strain of each battle she partakes in, as you can see outside of her own suit, she has incurred no such physical damage of any kind. Not a scratch, a wound, nor even a hint of blood or injury from just this single solar revolution alone."

"And? The Homo Sapiens and their 'enemies' are irrelevant. They are all weak."

"I thought the same… My Lord… until this occurred."

The memory holograms them focused on a laboratory where a freak accident with a tinkering mad scientist had forced open a literal mini singularity in place that according to the data that Nolan provided in his data logs, had the potential to collapse the entire planet. 'Alexandria' looked unphased, unperturbed, merely slighted by frustration as a green glow passed through her as she and the other two Triumvirate members were able to seal and contain the breach with the female herself holding a specialized device to trap the singularity into closed, contained dimension.

Their surroundings were nearly destroyed. With the GDA, Guardians of the Globe, and various other groups trying to save what they can, the event was entirely resolved by the three heroes' efforts with them effectively saving Boston from being wiped off of the map.

Through the holograms, Alexandria's only damage was her cape and what bare few strips that held what remained of her suit that hid most of her dignity. Her skin remained unblemished.

It shocked even Thragg as he became silent throughout the whole memory.

"What proof do we have that the singularity was indeed a burgeoning Black Hole? Even then… I question the merit of this, given she had her allies close by with technology that far exceeds even what we have on paper…. that the homo sapiens species now dangerously possess, and the mere fact that she had a green aura protecting her through the process entirely."

"I agree, it must have been a collaborative effort, I doubt her ability to survive alone in such circumstances if it played out differently," Conquest added as Nolan turned his attention to the two.

"Even if I were to agree, the fact of the matter still exists, that this 'Alexandria' is an existential anomaly to the physical universe. I have no doubts that should a confrontation happen between us I might have the upper hand given my experience, but she unfortunately would outlast me, given her inexhaustible stamina and the inability to stay down or receive any form of physical damage. I dare say that she is the literal definition of invulnerability given full manifestation."

"You have doubts that she is truly, as you say… invulnerable?" Thragg asked as he looked at the holograms, oddly interested in them.

"I do… I have theories, many that I would share with the Empire, my Lord… but understand this, she is a specimen that more likely than not has uses to the Empire." Nolan stated with some affirmation despite his frustration as the Grand Regent hummed in some agreement.

"The Viltrumite Race… existing as both the most powerful force in the universe… as well as its most immortal." Thragg looked at the holograms again, ideas shaping in his mind as his focus remained on 'Alexandria'. "Many of our kin would be unstoppable if we had access to her genes and bloodline. Such an ability would make us… eternal in some sense. Sickness and death would no longer be a limitation that even our race will be subject to."

Murmurs started to develop with the advisors present as Thragg focused on Nolan.

"Tis a good discovery, Nolan. You serve the Empire well." Thragg said with a low voice as Nolan felt proud of himself. A smile was within his mind before Thragg narrowed his gaze at him again.

"Yet there is much in your report that remains that I find disturbing."

Silence once again reigned as the holograms shifted to that of the rest of the Triumvirate.

"I agree with the Grand Regent, Nolan. As a general of the Empire, I appreciate the cursory data you have over this much more mundane Triumvirate member, this 'Hero' as pathetically named as that worm could have been. He possesses the scientific knowledge and technology that we have neither seen nor cataloged before and with how esoteric they are, I'm afraid this is another Space Racer situation. The ability to create such technology at a rapid pace just in a singular solar revolution is quite a large conundrum… are you sure none of Earth has found out of your loyalties yet?"

"None and I've made sure of it," Nolan replied succinctly as Conquest and Kregg conferred with each other.

"Very well, then I advise my lord that with the discoveries Nolan has presented, we act on it with at the very least an entire sect that you are willing to authorize," Kregg said as Thragg moved his eyes to his close advisor.

"I will authorize such a force… though at the same time, we all forget the true threat. One that I am still unable to fully understand."

Nolan perked up, understandably disturbed as well as the holograms shifted to a green figure with a hood and cape glowing in ethereal light.

"I agree, my Lord. This entity, the one they dub Eidolon is very disturbing, not just because of his potential, but of the many, many unknowns associated with what he can functionally do."

The hologram shows the green figure hovering over the sky, spreading a sheen of green energy over nearly an entire peninsula or continent as an explosion that was seen from space hit it. The shielded areas were not damaged even as the green sheen dissipated.

Another memory then shows the same Green Figure, surrounded by an army of mechanical beings, raising his hand before they all transformed into dust.

Memory after memory, whether through the local news or through events Nolan had seen, the array of abilities this entity procured continued to increase in number to the point that the entire group of Viltrumites present, most of them being the strongest of their kin became quiet.

Nolan and the rest eventually turned their eyes towards their great leader, waiting for his final order. Waiting… for what step they would now take with this information posed.

"…I have decided."

"Taylor, don't forget to finish your meal first, before eating your dessert." Rebecca drawled as she was reading a newspaper while her 'daughter' ate. Taylor's plate was already messy with her various food mixing with various fluids and parts of her meal that looked like an artist's impression just plastered over the table.

Still, she finished it all like a toddler as Rebecca helped her every now and then.

The girl didn't fully understand or think of what she was doing but there was some improvement. Rebecca had been observing her well enough to see the difference. She was now more capable of feeding herself and had been giving emotions far more than just a flat, dry stare.

No longer did she need to fully clothe her, bathe her, or do any of those simple things as she now had an inkling of what to do. Taylor even helped to do some chores, like sweeping the floor much to Clark's enjoyment as the chaos and mess that was left afterward left him basically laughing at the absurdity of it all. Rebecca remained stoic for the most part, but she cared enough to take care of Taylor to the extent that was needed.

'Caring' however, was a strictly more complex affair to dilute in one simple word to describe the events of her handling of the girl. Her emotions for the most part were never there to see the girl as more than what she was but their… plan hinged on making sure that she was 'happy'.

Taylor was now munching on the cupcakes while Rebecca tended to her mess.

She then opened her mouth to take a big bite out of it, only to stop when she heard a sound.

"Meow."

The little girl, sitting in her chair that was still two sizes bigger than her slowly turned her head towards the source of such a sound. It was a brown-furred stray cat, seemingly infiltrating their lawn as it looked intently with a yearning gaze towards her own eyes.

Taylor stared at the objectively small organism before tilting her head.

"Meow." It said again as Taylor traced its gaze at her cupcake. The cat briefly licked in anticipation as Taylor tried to stow and hide it away before a recent memory resurfaced.

"You gotta share, dummy!"

Taylor tilts her head in confusion as she bites down on her overly large-cookie. Mark then gently pries it off of her hands much to her displeasure only to see him break the large cookie into two and lend her the other half.

"We bought this cookie fair and square after selling lemonade together, remember?"

Taylor continued to stare as Mark patted her head.

"Mom used to say that sharing is caring, Tay… and more people smile and feel happy knowing that you care about them by giving them a piece of what's giving you the most joy."

Mark then innocently smiled at him as his aura glowed…

Taylor continued to stare, blinking at his words.

"Maybe next time you'll share something with me, or better yet with others! It doesn't have to be something grand or special… but Mom says that it's the thought that counts. So, if you show them that you care then they'll smile back… and maybe in the future, they'll share with you something cool or tasty too, all because you were kind enough to make their day."

Taylor parted her mouth slightly as if in awe.

"Between us though, I don't think there's anything much more important than the friendship we share!" he said as he began laughing with joy. Taylor gave back a small smile.

No, she shared a smile.

Taylor then recalled foggy images of a bespectacled woman sharing a treat to her too.

That lady was nice.

If she wanted to be nice as well, she would need to share.

"Meow." The cat happily said as Taylor threw her a piece of the cupcake. She then turned to Rebecca who was now walking back to her with paper towels. Breaking a piece off, she then inched forward and offered it to the woman.

"What is it, Taylor?"

Taylor wiggled her hand holding the piece she wished to share.

Rebecca looked on in with some confusion before she took it into her palm.

"What is this for?" she asked with curiosity in her voice.

Taylor then smiled as ants, crawling up the table formed the word…

"SHARING"

Rebecca ultimately amused then proudly smiled back… or at least as much as her emotions could muster. Deep down she was a bit disturbed as she stared at Taylor in full before she returned to gobbling her own cupcake while sharing some of it with the stray cat.

Taylor may have understood that most of Rebecca's 'care' was merely an affront of something else, but she did not care at the moment.

She was able to make this cat and Rebecca 'smile'.

… and that was worthy [DATA] in its own…

AN: Sharing is caring guys. Always remember that. :)

'Caring' however, was a strictly more complex affair to dilute in one simple word to describe the events of her handling of the girl. Her emotions for the most part were never there to see the girl as more than what she was but their… plan hinged on making sure that she was 'happy'.
Are we sure this isn't a clone of Alexandria or something

Viltrumites be focusing on the flying brick, and ignoring the little girl who may, or may not, be secretly an eldritch abomination in disguise...this is probably not going to end well for them.

Back