The Giant of Achaea (Historical SI: With a Bonus)

So, i'm assuming the SI has powers?
if he's a Golem, can he do Golem things? i.e "no need to breath" "super strength", "super healing"?

So in a desperate effort to steer the conversation away from the jagged rocks of the banhammer, did anyone notice the blue text earlier?

Huh. Another interesting boru historical piece. But is it sad that I'm still hoping for an update of the Giant Cavalier or Louis XVII stories?

Since I have recently discovered that I like fiction pertaining to people from the modern era being thrown back to medieval ages or even magiced up medieval ones, can I have some recommendations for the same.

If you just have it as referring to belly-button and move on without mentioning it again it'll goes from a really bad, off-putting attempt at humour to something that's at least worth an exhale.

Huh, seems like a good story in the works... Somehow I'd pick Cronos as a name, simply for how it sounds.

I'm probably going to open a can of worms here. But don't expect Uplift Uber Alles here. I'm not an engineer, I'm not a chemist, I'm not a science nerd that memorizes every invention ever invented in the last 400 years categorically. I know there are a few things I could think of but most of them I wouldn't even know how to make them.

I hope that doesn't kill your interest in the story. I do have a handful of inventions I might be able to either make or get someone who's a carpenter/leather worker might be able to make.

Stirrups
Modern Saddle
Wheel-Barrow
Horse Collar

Those are the ones I'm thinking of right now and I have a few ideas what can be done with them but I'm curious about your thoughts what those four inventions could do.

I'm probably going to open a can of worms here. But don't expect Uplift Uber Alles here. I'm not an engineer, I'm not a chemist, I'm not a science nerd that memorizes every invention ever invented in the last 400 years categorically. I know there are a few things I could think of but most of them I wouldn't even know how to make them.

I hope that doesn't kill your interest in the story. I do have a handful of inventions I might be able to either make or get someone who's a carpenter/leather worker might be able to make.

Stirrups
Modern Saddle
Wheel-Barrow
Horse Collar

Those are the ones I'm thinking of right now and I have a few ideas what can be done with them but I'm curious about your thoughts what those four inventions could do.

Stirrups = Your cavalry is best cavalry

Modern Saddle = You Cavalry is best cavalry

Total = GO GENGHIS KHAN ON EVERYONE!

Problems: Both of those are actually fairly complex, and while the stirrups could get made, the modern saddle is something only the very rich could afford.

How supernatural are you going to take this, beyond the question of how the SI got there? Because "Inspiration from Hephaestus/Apollo/Athena" can explain a great many things, especially if it's literal.

Onto a different line of thought.

From what I've always heard the cultural standard of beauty in ancient Greece was male youth age range 16-18, lean, handsome and athletic.

I assume that in the case of women that would mean a Greek's ideal woman would the lithe and slender, more Audrey Hepburn than a Marylin Monroe. To those more familiar with Greek culture might want to correct me.

Me personally?

Anyone ever heard of Frank Frazetta and his art style? Yeah, those kind of women would have me crashing into a brick wall if I walked past them.

Though I would imagine most Greeks would consider that to be too lumpy and rounded for their tastes if the above is accurate.

We don't know a lot about female erotica and eroticism before the Hellenistic period because the Greeks really didn't speak as much about it, but you should take a look at how they portrayed their goddesses, particularly Aphrodite, on period pottery.

Got 1500 words now, should have it done tomorrow.

We'll get a bit more of Pankratios's backstory and see what he actually got for 50 drachmae and some of his blood.

Back