The Gamma Research Project [3/3] [there's a waitlist though]

[jk] Bring along one of the boxes.
[jk] Refer to it as your Companion Cube.

"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

:V

Is there anything sticking out that Victor could rip off if he made his muscles more efficient and whatever bonds his target to everything else less efficient. I want to get him a tool, but I'm not sure if there's anything on the door other then the locking mechanism.

Also, are the transport pods glass, and what are the boxes made of from the looks of it.
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier! The page break threw me off. Anyway, yeah, you can only tell what something is if your character can tell. No meta hints here!

Also, Vanestus hasn't been online since Thursday. Do you guys think we should just take a turn without him and let him catch up when he gets back? Or should I swap him out for one of the waitlisters? It'd probably be you, UbeOne, since I'm assuming Nox is still busy.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to say! I took an unplanned Christmas break from this game, but it'll be back to your regularly scheduled updates now.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier! The page break threw me off. Anyway, yeah, you can only tell what something is if your character can tell. No meta hints here!

Also, Vanestus hasn't been online since Thursday. Do you guys think we should just take a turn without him and let him catch up when he gets back? Or should I swap him out for one of the waitlisters? It'd probably be you, UbeOne, since I'm assuming Nox is still busy.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to say! I took an unplanned Christmas break from this game, but it'll be back to your regularly scheduled updates now.
I'm not asking for a meta hint or anything, I'm just trying to find find out things that IC I would reasonably know, but OOC I don't due to the nature of the medium. It's not a huge leap to say someone can tell if a material they are looking at is glass or something similar, nor is it a leap to say they can see if something is sticking out of the door they just broke and if they might be able to rip it off.

One other thing I'm wondering is what the walls, floors, and ceilings look like. Are they solid like a room from Portal, or is it something more like an office room, or what? I'm thinking of crawling into the ceiling if it's possible.

Oh, oops! I typed up a post yesterday and then just didn't hit post. Oh well, better late than never, right? :p

You've been added to the waitlist, @Genon!

Hmmm... Well, hopefully Vanestus gets back soon; I'll give him a bit of leeway and just go ahead for now, but if he doesn't respond in a few updates, he'll get the boot.

Either way, new update ho! Things just got interesting rather quickly.

Edit: and I went and missed @erlking's post!

Re: Glass: oh, my bad, I guess I just misinterpreted the question. The pods are made of a solid, translucent material, sort of like Plexiglass. As for ripping something off the door, I know from experience that it's pretty hard to tell if you can break something without actually trying to break it.

Re: the room: it is like portal indeed, just solid, blank walls.

Last edited:
Well, I've sent a couple PMs to Vanestus, and they haven't responded to any of them. Hopefully they get back sometime soon, but if they haven't posted by next turn, I'll kick them and put in either Nox if they're good to go or UbeOne if Nox is still too busy. That is, assuming you're ready to go, UbeOne?

Well, I've sent a couple PMs to Vanestus, and they haven't responded to any of them. Hopefully they get back sometime soon, but if they haven't posted by next turn, I'll kick them and put in either Nox if they're good to go or UbeOne if Nox is still too busy. That is, assuming you're ready to go, UbeOne?
Ok.

So... Do none of the current players want to continue playing? If not, I mean, that's cool too. Totally 100% cool with me. :cry:

For serious though, just based off the fact that literally no one has posted since the last turn, I'm guessing you're not really fans of this game, which is totally alright! Or maybe y'all just missed the update or something. Who knows? Anyway, if you want to keep playing, it would be great if you could post an action sometime today or tomorrow or something; but if you're not having fun, feel free to just drop out. All good either way!

Hopefully some/all of you decide to stay on though!

So... Do none of the current players want to continue playing? If not, I mean, that's cool too. Totally 100% cool with me. :cry:

For serious though, just based off the fact that literally no one has posted since the last turn, I'm guessing you're not really fans of this game, which is totally alright! Or maybe y'all just missed the update or something. Who knows? Anyway, if you want to keep playing, it would be great if you could post an action sometime today or tomorrow or something; but if you're not having fun, feel free to just drop out. All good either way!

Hopefully some/all of you decide to stay on though!
I'm looking forward to playing the game...

Maybe they're busy, or they're still writing their posts.

Last edited:
There was an update? Oops, I'll have something out soon. I just need to figure out what to do with Victor. Maybe he'll attack someone?

Ah, alright! Thanks everyone! Glad to know you're all still here. Crisis averted! :D I maybe overreacted a little bit there :p

In other news, Vanestus continues to not exist, so assuming they don't post within whenever the next update is, I guess Ferus'll get kicked. I already PM'd Nox about taking the third spot and they haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'll give them the rest of either the day or when everyone's posted (whichever's longer), to claim their spot. If they don't, you're in, @UbeOne!

You know what, I guess I'll take this turn to kill him then. Does anyone mind if Victor murders him while no one is looking?

Alright, I posted another update. I assumed @erlking that you wanted to follow through on that action? Not that it would have made a difference whether you killed him or not, but hopefully you were planning to do something else. Sorry if I sort of went ahead without you, but this is pretty much the last day that I know I'll be able to update for quite a while; finals are coming up so schoolwork and studying just went right ahead and took a dump on me :sour:. Also, @UbeOne is now in the game! Welcome!
If at some point here you return, @Vanestus, feel free to rejoin the waitlist!

There's still a chance that I'll be able to find time for updating between homeworks, so please post some actions when you can! And thanks to everyone for playing thus far. Hope you're all having fun!

Sorry I've been trying to do a post, but my computer broke a few days ago which has made it much more difficult.

Directly attacking the orange guy already, @erlking? Then again, he does have a gun...

Last edited:
Oh, no worries, and good luck with fixing it!
Unfortunately it's pretty unlikely that I can fix it, it's currently rather... shattered. And partially stuck in my wall.

I think I'm just going to have to buy a new one eventually.
Directly attacking the orange guy already, @erlking? Then again, he does have a gun...
Well Victor is all about efficiency. :V

But really it's partially about him having a gun which I'm hoping to disable for now and then enhance after he's died, partially because he just heard a laser shot or somethibg of the kind in the other room, which does not inspire confidence in the trustworthiness of someone that is not obviusly part of his "team" (Green is more trustworthy then blue or orange as he is a green himself), and partially because he just saw two of his "teammates" vanish because of inactivity apparently. He's currwntly operating under the assumption that unless he makes things interesting and acts in a manner his overseers find entertaining, he may end up vanished himself.

Back