Teocraso

A bear as strong as nine bears
We've got a trailer!

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

What do ya'll think???

Wish I'd seen Jason actually speak, though.

Last edited:
It looks kinda good, but Ben Affleck's Batman is making me cringe and I feel there's too many omissions of essential JL characters.

*cough*MartianManhunter*cough*AnyGreenLantern*cough*

And I've honestly never been a fan of Cyborg as a leaguer - at least an early leaguer. I've always preferred him as a Titan. His personality just doesn't work well with those of the other leaguers imo.

Cautiously optimistic. That said, "Arthur Curry. I hear you can talk to fish." cracked me up more than I thought a line like that would.

Martian Manhunter would be cool.

I'd also appreciate like Vixen or Hawkgirl.

Considering how much I LOATHED Man of Shame and Bat-sham vs Superb-Man, this actually don't look half bad.

I do join the chorus of WHERE IS GREEN LANTERN?

Considering how much I LOATHED Man of Shame and Bat-sham vs Superb-Man, this actually don't look half bad.

I do join the chorus of WHERE IS GREEN LANTERN?

It's not as if there's a dearth of options with GL after all:

I'm interested, but not super excited for this.

Not super feeling the characters for this, and Ezra Miller has an uphill battle against Grant Gustin as my favorite Flash at the moment.

Actually, fairly certain they're making a Green Lantern Corps movie.

So we might get multiple human Green Lanterns.

Last edited:
The important question is, where are the wonder twins?

:p

Actually kind of psyched for a cool, relevant aquaman in the movie though.

Re: Green Lantern - Obviously, Power Rings are too awesome and would make half the other characters redundant. :p

I'd think they're just doing the franchise thing, where they plan to add way too many characters in future sequels. So perhaps they're half-aware of cast bloat problems, and trying to start with a smaller core group.

Superman's a part of the Justice League group shot images. Curiously Wonder Woman is the one heading the grainy one I saw much to my delight.

EDIT: Found the image in good condition.

Aquaman: Jason Mamoa has made me excited to see Aquaman on screen. Big part of that is Jason Mamoa actually being excited to play Aquaman. There are like, vanishingly few celebrities who could play Aquaman who actually want to play Aquaman. Jason's gonna rock this.

Flash: Heh, pretty much perfect. DC needs more humor in its movies and Ezra Miller is bringing it. I was never a huge Flash guy, only seeing him in team-ups, but this interpretation is exactly what I want to see.

Cyborg: Here's where things are a little dicey. Granted, we get one line from him (Them VFX ain't ready yet) but it was pretty deadpan. I guess they're banking more on the "Existential robo-angst" angle than the "This guy was popular because he was super enthusiastic in the Teen Titans TV show." angle. Not sure if I'm happy about that.

Lack Of Green Lantern: Warner Bros basically wants to throw Green Lantern into a garbage fire after the last movie bombed. I really doubt Hal Jordan's coming back; and DEFINITELY not Ryan Reynolds. John Stewart is a likely candidate, but personally I'd prefer Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz being the stars. They make a good duo, I REALLY relate to Jessica Cruz and they're the current Green Lanterns in the comic books.

Last edited:
I think they'll probably save Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter for later movies. There's a real risk of character bloat when you introduce too many characters into a movie, and this movie is already introducing Cyborg, Aquaman, and The Flash. And even Batman and Wonder Woman need more concreting as characters.

Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter are basically perfect for a movie set introducing one of DC's many space-borne villains, so it's not like they're necessarily going to hold them off forever. Like The Avengers, I imagine they'll introduce more characters as they go. It allows for a much better build-up.

If there's one criticism I can level, it's not at the trailer but just the general concept; in that I actually really, really like that Batman vs Superman ended up killing off Superman. The idea of an atoning Batman trying to pull together a Justice League in Clark's memory- that's a powerful one, and I think it would have really resonated if they'd left Clark dead for a while. You could have done a lot with that kind of Batman, a lot that hasn't actually been done on the big screen.

That's not even really a criticism, it's more just me lamenting a lost idea.

Honestly, the trailer looks pretty damn good at the moment. I'm happy with it, and I'll probably go see it if it isn't completely trashed by critics I respect.

Back