Orion is Darkseid's more nemesis and the one prophesied to kill him.

I hate how the New Gods are handled by DC. It seems that they just hate New Genesis and portray it almost as worse as Apoliopips and make Darkseid generic dark lord 325

I can understand why they've gone this direction with Darkseid. Given how integral 'hope' is to Supermans entire concept, I can understand why DC really seems to want to shift Darkseid into a place where he can go off against Superman. The 'World of Cardboard' speech probably helps for people like me, who were just the right age to be introduced to Darkseid as a Superman villain through the DCAU.

To be honest, the only New Gods stuff I've ever read was Kings Mister Miracle, and I'm not sure how representative that is for the New Gods and their deal.

(also Morrison and Final Crisis which might be even less representative, since I think Morrison himself ultimately regards Final Crisis as, if not a failure, a flawed experiment)

I can understand why they've gone this direction with Darkseid. Given how integral 'hope' is to Supermans entire concept, I can understand why DC really seems to want to shift Darkseid into a place where he can go off against Superman. The 'World of Cardboard' speech probably helps for people like me, who were just the right age to be introduced to Darkseid as a Superman villain through the DCAU.

To be honest, the only New Gods stuff I've ever read was Kings Mister Miracle, and I'm not sure how representative that is for the New Gods and their deal.

(also Morrison and Final Crisis which might be even less representative, since I think Morrison himself ultimately regards Final Crisis as, if not a failure, a flawed experiment)
I recommend you read Barda by Ngozi Ukazu,

It'll make you loath "Granny Goodness" (in a good way like all great monstrous villains) and shows you why Apokolips and by extension Darkseid are the Antithesis to life, hope, love and Happiness

We got our first official look at Jimmy Olsen.

View: https://x.com/JamesGunn/status/1827710518942928934?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1827710518942928934%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

"Happy Anniversary to Superman's pal, Jimmy Olsen, who debuted on this day in 1941 (although he did appear earlier as "office boy" in Action Comics 6). Created by Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster & Bob Maxwell. I can't wait for you to see Skyler Gisondo's portrayal in Superman on July 11, 2025."

I do like the angle that this is a bit of a retrofuture universe. Also this video brings up a good point:

View: https://youtu.be/ROcQLxFqO4A?si=zsB_tbNZMZkzbv0L

Namely that the JLI costumes don't really mesh with the setting is part of the point. They're Maxwell Lord and maybe Mister Terrific's idea of a more futuristic look for a superhero. But it doesn't really gel with Metropolis, hence why in clips you see the kids approaching Superman instead of them. Because Superman fits better in universe with his costume design.

I can't quite picture him as Jordan if he'd said yes. At least, not now; if this was the turn of the millennium, maybe?
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Josh Brolin Passes on HBO’s Green Lantern TV Show (Exclusive)

DC is now looking to put the power ring on another actor for 'Lanterns.'
The actor has passed on an offer to star in Lanterns, the DC Studios series based on the Green Lanterns superhero character, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Brolin was eyed to play Hal Jordan, the cocky Green Lantern hero previously played by Ryan Reynolds in the ill-fated 2011 Green Lantern movie. According to multiple sources, the actor received on offer at the end of August. By the end of this past weekend, his mind was made up. No other details were available.

Back