The colour of the world is changing day by day - Fate/Apocrypha

I think part of that is budget constrains. I really doubt A-1 got the same cash Ufotable did for their Fates, so they are using any trick they can to save up cash for animating things they want to have quality.

My friend, you're lucky that justinkal already corrected you ...

Anyway, quite enjoyed Mordred's turn as a horror movie monster in this episode. It's like, her penchant for showing off and trash talking makes the gap between her and others really clear, which reminds of how much of a monster the real Saber actually is. Like apart from that time in UBW where Saber gets her new contract with Rin and just tells Archer to stop before he hurts himself, she's usually pretty polite about her massive power level. Mordred is a real Vegeta.

This probably puts me on the horrible person list but I'm enjoying the series so far. It's not completely amazeballs but it's held my attention well enough to have binged the 12 eps available in a few days.

This probably puts me on the horrible person list but I'm enjoying the series so far. It's not completely amazeballs but it's held my attention well enough to have binged the 12 eps available in a few days.

This last episode with the Vlad-turned-Nameless Vampire and Shirou revealing himself was pretty good, all things considered. The only thing that I wish they had done is keep the part from the LNs where Shirou physically drags the nameless vampire into the chapel (the LNs have them meeting in front of the Greater Grail), smashing the door with his face in the process, while performing the exorcism.

But yeah, I don't really have any complaints with how they handled showing off the nameless vampire - heck, him turning the homunculi was completely new and fit really well.

So I've caught up on the past few episodes.

Things that are good: the effects animation on Semiramis' beam cannons, Ancient Greek Super MMA on a plane
Things that are bad: AAAAAAAAAAA FUCK THE FIORE CAULES SUBPLOT AAAAAAAAAA I HAD BLOCKED THIS SHIT OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You haven't see the newest episode, then?

You are in for a treat, as it pulled all the stops on animation department.

That's pretty cool, but it's not nearly as well animated as Deku vs Todoroki IMO

Here's the finale to said fight for comparison (skip to around 4:12)

Last edited:
VS being invoked looks better, I'd say. Eye laser is up there as well.

Truly impressive part is sheer length of full throttle animation. MHA sakuga lasted for only twenty seconds or so.

Maybe Apocrypha isn't that good, but you wait until Shaft releases Fate/Gatari Extra. That's what I put my money on.

Has the BWWWRMRMMMVBVMVMMRRRBBRRRRMMMMM dialed down in intensity/frequency in the second cour? Binged the first when it showed up on Netflix and that shit was genuinely painful to listen to. And no I'm not memeing or playing it up for comedy, it fucking hurt my ears.

Semiramis' beam cannons are still pretty loud, and the foley is similar to Ordinal Scale - Servants are noisy.

I didn't have many issues in the first half, but I do feel like it's toned down.

Me 25 minutes ago: time to see what all the fuss is about

Me for the next 22 minutes:

There's actually a lot that can be said about animation like this, but like someone up the chain ordered an episode that consisted of almost nothing but animators destroying themselves to produce probably the flashiest scenes on television this year, and they got it. Apparently the whole episode was just a bunch of young animators that were basically allowed to run free and do whatever they wanted with it, and it was spectacular. I think you're definitely going to get people who think parts of it were ugly - it had some real cool looseness to it in places - but people were wrong about the big Pain fight in Naruto, too :V

So, in regards to that thing about letting a bunch of young animators go wild?

It seems the episode had 3 people with the title of Animation Director.

Looking at the encyclopedia section of AnimeNewsNetwork, one of those people has only worked on six other anime whatsoever (and never in a role besides Key Animation), one of them has worked on 12 other anime (and only been an Animation Director 3 times before), and the third has only been an Animation Director once before, but has done Key Animation for three different Studio Trigger anime, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia.

So yeah. This is going to be a huge boost to their careers.

Back