The Celestial Menagerie

So I just checked the bonus categories, and I noticed that in the Destiny Category, the person who wrote it listed the Darkness as a 1000 point creature. They should have put the Veil in it, as the Darkness is just the faction that follows the Witness's philosophy of what the darkness should be while the Veil is the source of darkness, like how the Traveler is the source of the light.
Sorry for not responding sooner. I will ask the creator of that category.

Edit: @Jus4532 He confirmed it. The doc has been updated. Thank you.

Last edited:
@zagan, if I were to use equip trait to get something like Kyrpto the Dog's super strength, would I also gain the durability to use it without worrying about ripping my arms and crushing into a pulp when I use it?

@zagan, if I were to use equip trait to get something like Kyrpto the Dog's super strength, would I also gain the durability to use it without worrying about ripping my arms and crushing into a pulp when I use it?
It's a very good question. As usual, the answer would be the ever-unsatisfying 'it depends on the author'.
With that being said, I don't know if super-strength would count as a trait that can be equipped by itself. It would be more Krypto's "muscle structure", in which case yes you might break your own bones.
A way to cheat would be equipping Krypo's right front leg in place of your right arm. Holding items might be difficult but punching bad guys would still be doable if maybe awkward. (and you need to be careful to only punch with the arm/leg, not your whole body.)

@zagan have you considered adding palworld to the menagerie? Would it go in its own (bonus) category or would it just be added to fakemon?

Last edited:
Do you think you can add other anime/cartoon/games with robots and monster like Zoids, Blue dragon, D.I.C.E, Eureka 7, Macross, gurren lagann, power rangers, aquarion, kamen rider, Voltes 5, rockman, getter robo, Dinosaur king, ultaman, gridman, etc.

Do you think you can add other anime/cartoon/games with robots and monster like Zoids, Blue dragon, D.I.C.E, Eureka 7, Macross, gurren lagann, power rangers, aquarion, kamen rider, Voltes 5, rockman, getter robo, Dinosaur king, ultaman, gridman, etc.
Let's see:
Zoids: I tried but the Wiki isn't of great quality and I consider that it would be redundant with Horizon, Dinotrux, and some other categories that contain robot animals. As of now, I have no intention of adding it. I'm willing to accept it as a Bonus Category if someone wants to make it.
Blue dragon: It's already included, joined with Dragon Quest.
D.I.C.E: Never heard of it.
Eureka 7: I know the name but that's all.
Macross: There's one entry the Flower of Life in Various.
Gurren lagann: There's one entry Boota in Various.
Power rangers: There's one entry the Galactabeast in Various.
Aquarion: I don't know that one.
Kamen rider: There's one entry the Disk Animal in Various.
Voltes 5, rockman, getter robo: No idea what those are.
Dinosaur king: I tried to, but again the wiki isn't great.
Ultraman: There's one entry the Capsule Kaiju in Various.
gridman: And I don't know that one either.

Keep in mind that for robots I only includes ones that can act by themselves, not purely piloted one. It's why Eva was included but not a Gundam.

Let's see:
Zoids: I tried but the Wiki isn't of great quality and I consider that it would be redundant with Horizon, Dinotrux, and some other categories that contain robot animals. As of now, I have no intention of adding it. I'm willing to accept it as a Bonus Category if someone wants to make it.
Blue dragon: It's already included, joined with Dragon Quest.
D.I.C.E: Never heard of it.
Eureka 7: I know the name but that's all.
Macross: There's one entry the Flower of Life in Various.
Gurren lagann: There's one entry Boota in Various.
Power rangers: There's one entry the Galactabeast in Various.
Aquarion: I don't know that one.
Kamen rider: There's one entry the Disk Animal in Various.
Voltes 5, rockman, getter robo: No idea what those are.
Dinosaur king: I tried to, but again the wiki isn't great.
Ultraman: There's one entry the Capsule Kaiju in Various.
gridman: And I don't know that one either.

Keep in mind that for robots I only includes ones that can act by themselves, not purely piloted one. It's why Eva was included but not a Gundam.
Whats wrong with the Dinosaur King Wiki? Looking it over, is it just shear amount? If so you could just keep it to the main dinos used in the anime. Main Dinos

Whats wrong with the Dinosaur King Wiki? Looking it over, is it just shear amount? If so you could just keep it to the main dinos used in the anime. Main Dinos
I don't remember what the problem was exactly. Maybe it wasn't the wiki or just the wiki.
No, there was also the fact that It was just animals with elemental powers. Like at least four or five other categories. And the fact that I never watch a single episode so I wasn't motivated to go into it. If someone wants to give it a go. I have no problem with it.

@zagan, I just finish my DnD category. Took awhile but I got it done.

I also added in Nieder for the Bleach category.

docs.google.com

Jus4532 Celestial Menagerie

Sheet1 46 Jujutsu Kaisen ,Highschool DxD ,Bleach,Dungeon and Dragons Roll,Roll,Roll,Roll -The Jujutsu Kaisen section contains creatures (in green), Curse Techniques (orange), and one power (red). -When you first gain a curse technique, you will gain curse energy sufficient to safely use...

I put the Time Dragon as a 1000 point creature because they are the only creatures that can actually travel to alternate timelines at will.

@zagan, I just finish my DnD category. Took awhile but I got it done.

docs.google.com

Jus4532 Celestial Menagerie

Sheet1 46 Jujutsu Kaisen ,Highschool DxD ,Bleach,Dungeon and Dragons Roll,Roll,Roll,Roll -The Jujutsu Kaisen section contains creatures (in green), Curse Techniques (orange), and one power (red). -When you first gain a curse technique, you will gain curse energy sufficient to safely use...

I put the Time Dragon as a 1000 point creature because they are the only creatures that can actually travel to alternate timelines at will.
Thank you. I will look into it as soon as possible. (Which may not be that soon because I'm quite busy)
What do you prefer, that I add your category as Bonus Category straight up? Or that I use your work to add to the existing D&D category?

I also added in Nieder for the Bleach category.
That I can add immediately.

@zagan, I got another 1000 point creature for the various category: The Player from Slay the Princess. Spoilers for those that did not play the game.

The Long Quiet is the embodiment of stagnation, changelessness, and eternity. One half of a being that makes up everything.

@zagan, I got another 1000 point creature for the various category: The Player from Slay the Princess. Spoilers for those that did not play the game.

The Long Quiet is the embodiment of stagnation, changelessness, and eternity. One half of a being that makes up everything.
While that's a cool creature I'm sorry to say that I'm not accepting any new entries for Various. I'm happy to have reached 400 entries.

If someone found enough creatures that don't really have much else noteworthy in their worlds, then a Catch-All Bonus Category might be possible, though it'd likely need an explicit note that Zagan is unlikely to check it since it may be updated at any time.

If someone found enough creatures that don't really have much else noteworthy in their worlds, then a Catch-All Bonus Category might be possible, though it'd likely need an explicit note that Zagan is unlikely to check it since it may be updated at any time.
Yes, as I'm willing to allow a supplementary D&D category, a supplementary various would be fine. But it would need a minimum number of entries to be created. 15? or 20?

Hey sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but I've been workshopping an idea of a Celestial Menagerie Quest in One Piece.

And I was wondering, what would happen if a monster or animal is given a Devil Fruit? Is there any rule on that?

Would it stay with that particular summon? Or would the Devil Fruit reincarnate once it's unsummoned?

Hey sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but I've been workshopping an idea of a Celestial Menagerie Quest in One Piece.

And I was wondering, what would happen if a monster or animal is given a Devil Fruit? Is there any rule on that?

Would it stay with that particular summon? Or would the Devil Fruit reincarnate once it's unsummoned?
There's no specific rule for that but the subject came up in my quest.
For my part, I decided that if one of your creatures eats a Devil Fruit it would be permanent even if it's dismissed.

However, we decided on a funny loophole to test a devil fruit gained through the Menagerie, so not one found in the One Piece world but the one that appears in the One Piece category.
See we figure that it counts as a creature so it was a viable target for the Equip Trait power.
Namely, the Keeper could equip the trait "give power to anyone that eats even a part of you" to himself or to another creature.
Then you just have to have another creature drink some blood or eat a bit of fur from the creature that has the trait equipped. So the drinker/eater would gain the power of the Devil Fruit for as long as the trait remains equipped. And it would lose it when the trait is removed.

Sorry for the tangent but I though it could be relevant. When you start posting your story don't hesitate to post a link her, I would love to read a CM story in one Piece.

Back