The Bloody Gates: A Penal Legion Meatgrinder (WH40k)

The Scarab has a remote operated gun-you can hit it, but it'll require a really difficult called shot, and it's armored in it's own right.

The Trucks all have gunners who can be targeted, and aren't protected besides their lower half being in a vehicle.
Hmmm, makes sense makes sense. So i'm thinking that I'll try to take out the truck gunners but leave the Scarab to someone who's probably got a little a better chance of damaging it. Plus this way even if I don't kill the truck gunners they'll hopefully get suppressed

@greendoor im unfortunately going somewhere with no service for the next 5 ish days (Sorry!)
So Gorms general plan is to throw a frag grenade at the Armored truck and otherwise hunker down and shoot as necesarry

Well this is a right pickle, I was really hoping to get at least one of those buggers. Now to choose though, go for the easier to hit infantry and hopefully take a few down there or at least keep them from pushing forward or keep aiming for the gunners. I'm currently leaning gunners just because their height could let them hit our guys in cover.

So @greendoor, how much ground clearance does the wrecked Scarab have? Could I use my half action to go prone underneath it so that soldier loses track of where I am?

At this rate of improbable survivals, Celine is going to turn out to have either been a Nascent Psyker this whole time, or sprout angelic wings as a Living Saint.

-Name: Dennis Batesmen
-Appearance: Tall and Thin
-Reason for 'Enlistment': Corporate Saboteur.
-Demeanor: Shifty, Cocky, and surprisingly swave
-Background (Optional):
You worked as a saboteur for a powerful Imperial Charter Corporation. You sabotaged and damaged the property of their rivals, or else stole vital data. You're still not sure if that last job was a screw-up from your superiors, or they'd meant to send you into an Administatrum facility to steal data, but regardless, you'd walked right in. The Literati hadn't taken kindly to an outsider interfering with their data-stacks, so you'd found yourself in a Penal Legion.
-Cultural Memento (Optional): A Ski Mask he collected from his first mission

-Weapon Skill (Ws): 38
-Ballistic Skill (Bs): 28
-Strength (S): 30
-Toughness (T): 40
-Agility (Ag): 40
-Perception (Per): 30
-Intelligence (Int): 40
-Willpower (Wp): 32
-Fellowship (Fel): 32

-Wounds: 14
-Movement Speed: 12/24/32/48
-Fatigue Threshold: 7
-Initiative: 7

-Skills: Tech-Use+10, Demolitions+10, Stealth+10 Athletics Endurance, Resolve, Awareness Dodge
-Talents: The Machine is Weak, Steady Hands, Living Ghost
-Armor: Imperial Guard Flak Armor
-Gear; Explosive Collar, Entrenching Tool, one dose each of Frenzon, Stimm, and Slaught, Physik Kit (Light Medical Kit), Helmet Vox Receiver (Cannot transmit, only receive).
-Weapons: Combat Knife/Bayonet (May be affixed as a half action, gives -10 penalty to shooting while affixed), Two Frag Grenades, Monosword

Finally done my character, let me know what you think @greendoor

Last edited:
-Name: Dennis Batesmen
-Appearance: Tall and Thin
-Reason for 'Enlistment': Corporate Saboteur.
-Demeanor: Shifty, Cocky, and surprisingly swave
-Background (Optional):
You worked as a saboteur for a powerful Imperial Charter Corporation. You sabotaged and damaged the property of their rivals, or else stole vital data. You're still not sure if that last job was a screw-up from your superiors, or they'd meant to send you into an Administatrum facility to steal data, but regardless, you'd walked right in. The Literati hadn't taken kindly to an outsider interfering with their data-stacks, so you'd found yourself in a Penal Legion.
-Cultural Memento (Optional): A Ski Mask he collected from his first mission
30, 30, 28
-Weapon Skill (Ws): 38
-Ballistic Skill (Bs): 28
-Strength (S): 30
-Toughness (T): 40
-Agility (Ag): 40
-Perception (Per): 30
-Intelligence (Int): 40
-Willpower (Wp): 32
-Fellowship (Fel): 32

-Wounds: 14
-Movement Speed: 12/24/32/48
-Fatigue Threshold: 7
-Initiative: 7

-Skills: Tech-Use+10, Demolitions+10, Stealth+10
-Talents: The Machine is Weak, Steady Hands, Living Ghost
-Armor: Imperial Guard Flak Armor
-Gear; Explosive Collar, Entrenching Tool, one dose each of Frenzon, Stimm, and Slaught, Physik Kit (Light Medical Kit), Helmet Vox Receiver (Cannot transmit, only receive).
-Weapons: Combat Knife/Bayonet (May be affixed as a half action, gives -10 penalty to shooting while affixed), Two Frag Grenades, Monosword

Finally done my character, let me know what you think @greendoor

You're missing the default Skills (Athletics, Endurance, Resolve, Awareness, and Dodge), but otherwise ,looks good. I'll put you in for the update tonight.

As a note, Living Ghost is a reroll on Stealth (no -10 penalty), and The Machine is Weak let's you add your Tech-Use to any Called Shots on Machines or heavily cybered up enemies.

So for my two questions -

1. Given the current rate of advance, how long before the panicky rear ranks of the refugees get to our lines?
2. Is there an egress route for Smoop to get back to the lines that's not going to get choked by the refugees (i.e. are they heading for/bypassing her position?)

So for my two questions -

1. Given the current rate of advance, how long before the panicky rear ranks of the refugees get to our lines?
2. Is there an egress route for Smoop to get back to the lines that's not going to get choked by the refugees (i.e. are they heading for/bypassing her position?)

1: More than an hour. The sections of the terrain suitable for mass movement are congested with people.
2: You can bypass them fairly easily, since you can move through dense terrain that crowds of refugees cannot, and you're observing from such a position. You can be back at your lines in a few minutes, likely without interference.

Great, in that case Smoop will remain in place and try to figure out what is driving the refugees forward, then bug out and return to the main line with that information.

Honestly I feel like this is a "ask command" cause we definitely can't just let this many people through without permission and we can't contain them like we did the others.

Well, obviously command won't be responsive. And they'd just say "shoot them" anyway.

Honestly I feel like this is a "ask command" cause we definitely can't just let this many people through without permission and we can't contain them like we did the others.
The problem is that command is explicitly busy-possibly with 'ask command' himself. We can wait for a response, but that is, in itself, a choice of import because the refugees aren't going to be moving on command's time table.
And they'd just say "shoot them" anyway.
Not necessarily. Easier to get the ball bearings back into production if you have fewer workers who need replacing.

Back