The Beautiful Quest: An Association Football Quest

July 1999 Questions
July 1999 Questions

Gary Neville is getting increasingly annoyed at your closeness to David Beckham, perceiving you as interfering in the Class of '92's pre-existing dynamic. In response,

1. You double down and act hostile to Gary.
  2. You try to be conciliatory and be friends with both.
  3. You step back and stop spending so much time with Gary.

Your footballing skills are improving all the time, but some gaps in your game do remain. Over the summer, you focus your development on…

1. Your leadership skills.
  2. Your passing skills.
  3. Your ability in dead ball situations.
  4. Your pace.

Between the end of the season and the start of pre season, you find yourself with a considerable amount of free time. You fill this time by… (pick two)

1. Getting into cars and buying several, both classic and modern.
  2. Move out of your parents' house into an apartment in Salford near the club's training facilities and Old Trafford.
  3. Go on holiday to Brazil to watch some football and see if you can pick anything up.
  4. Decide to become a style icon like David.
  5. Visit the pubs and clubs of Manchester with your friends, drinking and attempting to get a girlfriend.
  6. Go on holiday to Los Angeles and learn to surf.
  7. Meet and befriend two other Mancunian icons - Liam and Noel Gallagher of Oasis.
  8. Found a charity with the original name of the Andy Watson Foundation with the aim of [write in here]

Apologies for my lack of posting recently, I took a break from the Quest but I'm back now with more updates coming your way

I'm ok with being the bigger man, but we're young, rich, and successful. I don't think completely backing down is a good choice.

[x] You try to be conciliatory and be friends with both.

[x] Your pace.
[x] Move out of your parents' house into an apartment in Salford near the club's training facilities and Old Trafford.
[x] Go on holiday to Brazil to watch some football and see if you can pick anything up.

For me, priority one is scoring more goals. Priority two is transitioning to adulthood. I would have picked car collecting if not for the fact that we still live with our parents.

[x] Your pace.
[x] Decide to become a style icon like David.
[x] Go on holiday to Brazil to watch some football and see if you can pick anything up.

[x] Your pace.
[x] Move out of your parents' house into an apartment in Salford near the club's training facilities and Old Trafford.
[x] Visit the pubs and clubs of Manchester with your friends, drinking and attempting to get a girlfriend.

[x] You step back and stop spending so much time with Gary.
[x] Your ability in dead ball situations.

[X] You double down and act hostile to Gary.
[X] Your ability in dead ball situations.
[X] Getting into cars and buying several, both classic and modern.
[X] Go on holiday to Brazil to watch some football and see if you can pick anything up.

@KingArthur You didn't add the Champions League top scorer award to the character sheet or edit the update with a section on the single season record being broken.

[x] Your pace.

Also I dont think the house choice won? I thought the invest in the club won.

[x] Your pace.

[x] Your pace.

Also I dont think the house choice won? I thought the invest in the club won.
We were supposed to pick two of the presented options. I think it was Manchester house and improving the club votes that won.

[x] Your pace.

[X] You step back and stop spending so much time with Gary.
[X] Your ability in dead ball situations.
[X] Move out of your parents' house into an apartment in Salford near the club's training facilities and Old Trafford.
[X] Go on holiday to Brazil to watch some football and see if you can pick anything up.

[x] Your pace.

[x] Your pace.
[x] Visit the pubs and clubs of Manchester with your friends, drinking and attempting to get a girlfriend.

MC is young, rich, and famous. It'd be weird if he didn't try his luck in trying to get a girlfriend

Just realized something. So we have been living with our parents this whole time? Then no wonder we struck out with Ginger Spice. She's just a few years shy of thirty and could probably be with anyone she wants so why would she want to take things further with an 18-year old kid who is still living with his folks. Even if Andy is pretty awesome. ;)

Back