Tenki no Ko - Makoto Shinkai's New Movie, July 2019

Trust me, no matter what promise it shows they'll find a way to make it as bland and pointless as possible.

IF they're still doing the "One of them is a city kid, one of them is native American" angle that is something that could in theory be interesting. My problem is it's another example of how horrid Hollywood's attitude towards Animation is.

Honestly if they wanted to do an american remake of it there's nothing wrong with still keeping it animated.

IF they're still doing the "One of them is a city kid, one of them is native American" angle that is something that could in theory be interesting. My problem is it's another example of how horrid Hollywood's attitude towards Animation is.

Honestly if they wanted to do an american remake of it there's nothing wrong with still keeping it animated.
Aside from America not having 3/4 of the world population of (hand drawn) animators crammed into a single distract with many willing to work for barely above starvation wages.

This is why honestly, I think we need to make anime more of an international thing than something just from Japan. The way things are now, late capitalism is starting to have some bad distorting effects on the industry.

Also, pragmatically I think it might be easier to just to get the people with money to greenlit animation projects with more complex storylines if they use the word anime than cartoons.

I saw it with a friend in the Glasgow Film Theatre, breathtaking, I think that this is the finest animated movie that I have ever seen, it was funny, beautiful to watch, had great characters, the songs were great and fitted in. I miss it, it was dark when we came back to Glasgow Central and quite depressing after the vibrancy of the movie.

There's supposed to be some kind of short addendum for the premiere broadcast of WWY on Japanese TV. Probably won't be anything substantial considering how YN's went, but thought y'all might want to know.

grapee.jp

Japanese service lends “Weathering with You” clear umbrellas with Hina floating in the sky

Japanese service lends "Weathering with You" clear umbrellas with Hina floating in the sky
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...-ed-movie-for-its-first-terrestrial-broadcast (Link gives me a 404, but maybe American viewers might see something region-locked?)

Fathom Events is organising rescreenings in late July for the American audience:

www.fathomevents.com

Fathom Events | Weathering With You

GKIDS and Fathom Events proudly bring back the critically acclaimed film from director Makoto Shinkai and producer Genki Kawamura, the creative team behind the critically-acclaimed, global smash hit Your Name.

Back