Ten Pounds of Gold: A Pro Wrestling Quest

[X] Safety. Both your own and your opponents. No one wants to work with a wrestler that hurts who he's in the ring with, and if you can't take care of yourself your career is going to be damn short. (+1 Safety Roll)

[X] Showmanship. It's the showman's aspect that makes wrestling more than just fake fighting. Without it you might as well have picked up boxing. (+1 Showmanship Roll)

[X] Safety. Both your own and your opponents. No one wants to work with a wrestler that hurts who he's in the ring with, and if you can't take care of yourself your career is going to be damn short. (+1 Safety Roll)

[X] Showmanship. It's the showman's aspect that makes wrestling more than just fake fighting. Without it you might as well have picked up boxing. (+1 Showmanship Roll)

She asked what's the most important thing a wrestler can learn not what the most practical thing is, sure safety is practical but it wouldn't really matter how safe your match's were if they were all boring as hell. You can spend the whole match doing nothing but punches and head take downs that you have perfected for maximum safety, no one would tune in to watch it because it would be boring as hell.

Even some of the most safe wrestler's out there like Bret Heart or Kurt Angle knew that showmanship came above even that. Look at The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, these are men that were absolute masters of showmanship.

Selling has done nothing for Dolph Ziggler.

Just putting it out there.

Bad handling by creative and a dead-in-the-water World Heavyweight Championship run did nothing for Ziggler.

The art of selling can work really wel with an aerial enthusiast. Ever seen RVD react to his own frog splash? Selling it as if his ribs exploded into dust.

Being good at selling makes you popular to work with, because it makes our opponent look strong. It gets us over, because overcoming our opponent after convincingly selling his offense makes us look strong. And also I just like looking at a convincing sell. #ZigglerForWWEChampion2016

Yo dudes who don't actually know shit about wrestling? Aerial shit is so dangerous that it's pretty common for the more professional smaller venues to ban it completely and bigger ones tend to put limits on who can do what with it. You wanna be the high flying aerial dude you need to take safety seriously.

[X] Showmanship. It's the showman's aspect that makes wrestling more than just fake fighting. Without it you might as well have picked up boxing.(+1 Showmanship Roll)

Current Tally:

Vote Tally : Original - Ten Pounds of Gold: A Pro Wrestling Quest | Page 12 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.5

No. of Votes: 10

No. of Votes: 6

[X] Selling. The most important thing to a match is making the match look good, and no one will buy it if you just shrug off blows and act like nothing matter. (+1 Selling Roll)
No. of Votes: 4

Total No. of Voters: 20

Yo dudes who don't actually know shit about wrestling? Aerial shit is so dangerous that it's pretty common for the more professional smaller venues to ban it completely and bigger ones tend to put limits on who can do what with it. You wanna be the high flying aerial dude you need to take safety seriously.

Ya I don't know much about it so this convinced me. Let's do crazy air moves safely!

Last edited:

What I know about high flyers in wrestling tells me that showmanship is the most important thing.

I'd probably go for power but no beating the bandwagon at this point.
Anyway, safety means we take less risks, which probably dampens the fun quite a bit. Showmanship is probably best choice for a viable career, and the most IC for someone who loves wrestling this much.

If I post a new vote, does that mean the vote tally system ignores my previous one? Or do I have to go and alter myprevious vote?

boop

Selling is important, of course. Look at how the Rock sold the Stone Cold Stunner. Of course, like everything the Rock did, it was over the top and a little tongue in cheek. But being good at selling, by itself is not enough to make a star.

Selling has done nothing for Dolph Ziggler.

Just putting it out there.
Because Dolph is a terrible seller. If you want a good example of a seller you look at Rusev.

Bad handling by creative and a dead-in-the-water World Heavyweight Championship run did nothing for Ziggler.
I don't disagree, but...

Being good at selling makes you popular to work with, because it makes our opponent look strong. It gets us over, because overcoming our opponent after convincingly selling his offense makes us look strong.
People seem to mistake being a good seller with being a good wrestler. That's not quite the case. It makes you a great job guy for the highlight reel, it doesn't automatically mean you're the guy who's gonna get made. It's charisma and crowd connection that gets you going, which is why Ryder's stuck around so long and gets better pops then Axel or Dallas.

#ZigglerForWWEChampion2016
You disgust me.

Last edited:

Vote Tally : Original - Ten Pounds of Gold: A Pro Wrestling Quest | Page 12 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4
No. of Votes: 15
JamesShazbond
Andelevion
Broken25
Corvo Montés
Cybandeath
DannyboyZero
FourmyleOfCeres
HanEmpire
Kiriel
minimap_op
Neptune
Pandemonious Ivy
The Laurent
Yeangst
Zeitgeist Blue
No. of Votes: 11
Hangwind
Corvus Black
Dormin
Erehwon
ETA50M
Ixe
Neo-Chan
RedV
RideTheWalrus
SoothingCoffee
spudman
[X] Selling. The most important thing to a match is making the match look good, and no one will buy it if you just shrug off blows and act like nothing matter. (+1 Selling Roll)
No. of Votes: 4
The Dave
Cornix Argentus
williams1996
Ysmir01
Total No. of Voters: 30

It could be worse, he could be saying John Cena for champion :V :V :V

That wouldn't disgust me as much. Cena tying Flair's record is a good story to tell in his veteran years. But Ziggler is a B- Player at best at this point. He's one of the guys I'd rather see try something fresh on the minor leagues in LU, PWG, ROH or TNA, like Ryder or Sheamus.

Back