Tech-Atheist (WH30K/Celestial Forge v3 SI)

Tbh i'm totally expecting the next chapter to be a dressing down/interrogation from the ships command of exactly wth the magos was thinking.

Enjoyed it though can't wait for more thank you acerak.

I know that you said the this is going to break some rules of wh, but also understand that the in universe reactions of the people there need to be appropriate to said actions.

People would immediately ask "why did this magos save (aka for them wasted time and resources on) some random shmuck?".
It is beyond suspicious and if this were not 30k he would be blam'd on the spot. Even here there would be some very pointed questions.

He is not in a position where he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants to. He is 'just' a magos.

Tbh i'm totally expecting the next chapter to be a dressing down/interrogation from the ships command of exactly wth the magos was thinking.

Enjoyed it though can't wait for more thank you acerak.
There was a somewhat appropriate reaction - someone pointed out that you couldn't save people past a certain point. But the breachers and the medicae are fairly understanding of a motive like "We might be able to save a life", even if they think it's pointless. Sure, there's going to be some questions about the technology in question and his general actions, but a magos having unique knowledge that upends conventional thinking is basically a trope at this point even in the lore.

I am not blind to the fact that people in-universe aren't going to easily accept the crazy tech the MC is building/using, but the fundamental position of being a tech-priest is that you get latitude from just about anyone who isn't familiar enough with the Mechanicus. Even then, magi are too diverse a group to instantly identify someone as atypical on the basis of action alone.

Also keep the impeller field in mind its a quasi reality warping tech field. So it will be usesfull once he learns to use it.

There was a somewhat appropriate reaction - someone pointed out that you couldn't save people past a certain point. But the breachers and the medicae are fairly understanding of a motive like "We might be able to save a life", even if they think it's pointless. Sure, there's going to be some questions about the technology in question and his general actions, but a magos having unique knowledge that upends conventional thinking is basically a trope at this point even in the lore.

I am not blind to the fact that people in-universe aren't going to easily accept the crazy tech the MC is building/using, but the fundamental position of being a tech-priest is that you get latitude from just about anyone who isn't familiar enough with the Mechanicus. Even then, magi are too diverse a group to instantly identify someone as atypical on the basis of action alone.

And to be further fair, this isn't a random magos, this is the magos that makes things Just Work and has been spending months building up good will with captain and crew. Even if they wouldn't let a random magos play around with the warp corpse this magos has the leeway to do so.

If he continue like this he will be strapped in one of Mars Laboratory and told to create new things until he die (if they let him die...)

And to be further fair, this isn't a random magos, this is the magos that makes things Just Work and has been spending months building up good will with captain and crew. Even if they wouldn't let a random magos play around with the warp corpse this magos has the leeway to do so.
I think at this point the whole fleet know of him and he have a positive karma superior to anyone in it...

Back