Taylor Hebert, Dovahkiin (Worm/Skyrim)

I guess there are a few decent people left in this town. Amy thought as she finished changing, then stopped as she was pulling the t-shirt on, idly noting some of the information her power picked up off some random dead skin cells. Hang on a second...Wasn't Taylor nearsighted?
I'm not sure I'm parsing this right. Is she picking up the fact that Taylor is no longer nearsighted from skin cells? Or just in the fact that she's not wearing glasses? Because it's semi-recently come to light that myopia development has a huge environmental component rather than being purely genetic. And if Taylor isn't wearing glasses, the default assumption would be 'she got contacts.'

EDIT:
Hmm... that could be remedied - basically, widening the Panama Canal enormously - but how would one go about evacuating all the people who live there?
1) Not achievable on the scale necessary to do that.
2) The Panama Canal is not a ditch that connects the two oceans. It's a canal, meaning it has multiple gates and locks to raise and lower water levels within it so you can transport the boats from sea level up 26 meters to the canal, and then back down again on the other side.

Hmm... that could be remedied - basically, widening the Panama Canal enormously - but how would one go about evacuating all the people who live there?

Considering that the short term (~10,000 yrs) effects of ripping open Panama, Costa Rica or Nicaragua would be pretty devastating to civilization, you might be dealing with a 'cure worse than the disease' issue.

Is she picking up the fact that Taylor is no longer nearsighted from skin cells?

Amy's picking up the fact that Taylor is in MUCH better health overall than she was two months ago. Her not needing glasses anymore is just the most visibly obvious indicator.

Last edited:
1) Not achievable on the scale necessary to do that.
2) The Panama Canal is not a ditch that connects the two oceans. It's a canal, meaning it has multiple gates and locks to raise and lower water levels within it so you can transport the boats from sea level up 26 meters to the canal, and then back down again on the other side.
The difference is about 26 meters in height. You'd have to remove enough earth and rock to make a deeper-than-sea-level trench at least 30 kilometers across (probably more than that) and a good 100 meters deeper than sea level (for a minimum total of 126 meters of rock vertically.)

When we're able to do that, we'll be more than able to control the climate in other ways. So why bother?

Well, I suppose that is too soon for both to face an EB (for Danny every battle would be too soon). But she lost a good opportunity here.
Laas Yah Nir + Feim Zii Gron could have been a good help in SAR, and also she missed hundreds of capes and potential Thu'ums.

But, of course, is understandable.

If it's assumed that a past tense first person perspective story is being told by the person at some point in the future, them having knowledge of the thoughts of others is perfectly valid so long as the other person told them what their thoughts were at that time.

In other words, if I tell you I'm thinking about cheese right now, at some point in the future you could tell a story from the first person perspective and be perfectly valid in stating that I was thinking about cheese at this point in time.
True, but it would have to be phrased appropriately. Which it isn't.

Chapter 14 (old ending)
After some thought and commentary, I have slightly edited the ending of Chapter 14. The original text is here.

Old Chapter 14 ending said:
"Damn, it really DOES start blurring together after a while. I need a break more than I thought. Mind watching the door while I change?"

"Sure."

I guess there are a few decent people left in this town. Amy thought as she finished changing, then stopped as she was pulling the t-shirt on, idly noting some of the information her power picked up off some random dead skin cells. Hang on a second...Wasn't Taylor nearsighted?

meh, still doesn't really change the problem with saying that she doesn't/barely remembers that she healed her, and then seqwaying into her remembering taylors nearsightedness.

Speaking of Interludes, I went back and looked at a couple of the posts. Noticed a few more spelling errors, so Spelling Nazi strikes again!

Interlude (Amy) - Charles's last name is probably spelled 'Nguyen', not 'Ngyuen'. Probably.

Next chapter where Danny comments on the Chinese restaurant burning down - Kaiser, not Kasier.

Speaking of Interludes, I went back and looked at a couple of the posts. Noticed a few more spelling errors, so Spelling Nazi strikes again!

Interlude (Amy) - Charles's last name is probably spelled 'Nguyen', not 'Ngyuen'. Probably.

Next chapter where Danny comments on the Chinese restaurant burning down - Kaiser, not Kasier.
Strictly speaking they both would be more accurately described as typos. In both cases they are transposition errors. :p
All the correct letters are present, it's just that a couple of them are swapped in each case. :D
Happens to me on occasion too, if my fingers get slightly out of sync for a letter or two when I'm typing. :oops:

Strictly speaking they both would be more accurately described as typos. In both cases they are transposition errors. :p
All the correct letters are present, it's just that a couple of them are swapped in each case. :D
Happens to me on occasion too, if my fingers get slightly out of sync for a letter or two when I'm typing. :oops:
Finger dyslexia! I do that too.

So I binged the fic. It has an interesting premise and a not-too-OOC Taylor going for it. Uber being Tt's brother I can kinda buy. U&L's AU civvie identity I can buy. Leet knowing Endbringer attacks a while in advance... you probably need to explain that better.
Also, two other things that bother me are that A, you really need a beta or editor for SPaG because I keep spotting punctuation errors and the like, and two, the chapters are kinda... short? Like, one of the chapters is less than 400 words and could probably be lumped together with other chapters.

Huh. I can understand Taylor not getting Tinker Powers. If I had to guess though, I would have expected something like the disarming shout, only maybe one that messed up or shut down electronic stuff. Mix in a word from that lightning shout maybe. Or just the lightning shout period... I bet she didn't get a boost in her pool either.

Huh. I can understand Taylor not getting Tinker Powers. If I had to guess though, I would have expected something like the disarming shout, only maybe one that messed up or shut down electronic stuff. Mix in a word from that lightning shout maybe. Or just the lightning shout period... I bet she didn't get a boost in her pool either.
I hate trying to reply in reader mode. I was referring to the post when Taylor met Chris.

Back