I'm w/ DarkKing98's interpretation.

If Kiyaba was patching the respawn mechanic in a way that prevents us from being able to respawn infinitely, it would say "but only once because after you do it Kiyaba will patch it for sure" or the like.
Very similar wording. Some may consider it interchangeable. I don't.

@DarkKing98
@Umi-san

We where also told that, if we abused any of the glitches we find, they would be 'Fixed' and go away.

The respawn is not an exception to that rule.

If we enacted meatboy- SAO, the mechanic will vanish.

@DarkKing98
@Umi-san

We where also told that, if we abused any of the glitches we find, they would be 'Fixed' and go away.

The respawn is not an exception to that rule.

If we enacted meatboy- SAO, the mechanic will vanish.
Yes. Glitches will get patched. Which is why WE OURSELVES are the only one capable of respawning. Because we found a glitch that enabled the respawn mechanic for us. So that means the METHOD of enabling respawn is what'll be fixed. Not us respawning itself.

Heathcliff will pretty much be your arch-nemesis and you will become famous all across the playerbase. People won't necessarily hate you, neither will they recognize you by face, but the name and rumors about the player who "lives" will spread and people might seek your services for suicide missions since you of all people can afford to take the risk. Guilds will also race to get you in them, except for the Knights of the Red Oath who will relentlessly hunt you down at Heathcliff's orders. Also, from time to time you might find a glitch or two to take advantage of, which the Cardinal System will fix at once when you use it to your advantage too much.

Considering that the quote relevant to your reply was "[yo resurrecting will make you banging] and Also you might find a glitch or two which will be fixed when you use it/them too much," I am of the mind that the resurrection is not included among the glitches that will be fixed. The structural parse simply does not seem to lend itself toward that conclusion.

And also, as DarkKing89 noted, we already used the glitch. The Respawn mechanic is a mechanic, not a glitch.

Edit: Personally, fyi, I don't have a problem with immortality.

Last edited:
Yes. Glitches will get patched. Which is why WE OURSELVES are the only one capable of respawning. Because we found a glitch that enabled the respawn mechanic for us. So that means the METHOD of enabling respawn is what'll be fixed. Not us respawning itself.
The respawning itself is something that kayaba can, and if we use it too much, will remove.

The method is also fixed so we would need to find another way to enable respawns if it is even possible.

Although I am thinking of making a small guild of cultists/mages/glitchmasters where we share our secrets to a few other people and where litchdom is the "mastering your craft" step but I can see kayaba making sure that the litchdom is not happening again.

But the idea that he cannot turn of respawn even easier than closing that glitch is madness. We would only have it because
A. We are so insignificant he isn't bothering to type or say two words.
B. He finds it funny to create unique hellscapes we must fight through to be reborn.
C. He just likes a game of 'Deathtag'
D. He finds it funny for us to have it, for now.

Wait, if so many people are getting butthurt over the idea of us respawning, maybe when we actually start the game we could enable it for someone else? Like... I dunno, we make friends with Klein and when the death game gets announced we try applying all the "respawn at 1 hp", "can't be brought to below 1 hp", etc codes onto Klein and his friends while we rely on our skill at the game?

If you are actually concerned about the perk itself and not just griping for the sake of bullying everyone into accepting you own plan, would that situation help even a little?

I mean, all you guys complaining about this one perk aren't offering any constructive suggestions or alternatives. I am legit trying to see what you want.

Edit: I'm suggesting that when the game actually starts we have a later vote where we can apply the respawn to someone else if people want to. Not mess around with the perk right now. I just want us get thing actually moving before the game dies in char gen.

Last edited:
@Birdsie is the voting closed now?
Hmm... Sure. Let me eat supper first, then I'll get on it.

VOTES ARE CLOSED.
Adhoc vote count started by Birdsie on Apr 21, 2018 at 4:29 PM, finished with 335 posts and 48 votes.

• [X] Plan Magnificent Bastard
    [X] Plan Sunshine in a Bottle
    [X]True Magic
    [X]True Magic
    [X] True Magic v2
    [X] Plan: This old rasta motherfucker is going to kick ya punky little asses!
    [X] Plan: Black Knight with a heart of gold.
    [X] True Magic v2
    [X] An ungodly fusion of Dungeons & Dragons,the paper mario rpg series,Elder scrolls\fallout,bloodborne,Zelda,La mulana,.....and fucking metroid.
    [X] Did the thing - you researched, looked for clues, asked questions to betatesters, so that you could master the game's mechanics before it was even out.
    [X] I Draw Forth... Pot of Greed!: You believe inthe spleen of the cards. Being a charismatic person with little empathy for people over the internet has led many to believe you are a high-functioning sociopath. Maybe they're right, or maybe you just know what to say to make them think so. Also, you excel at strategy and minigames.
    [X] That the game should be one, large, open world.
    [X] Fighter.
    [X] Name: Akoni Wright
    [X] Age: 56
    [X] Username: Big Bad Poppa
    [X] Avatar\apperance:
    [X] Guy
    [X] Plan Charismatic Sociopath.
    [X] Witcher.
    [X] Were invited to participate in the beta testing and spent most of your time every day doing that, becoming unattached from the real world.
    [X] I Draw Forth... Pot of Greed!: You believe inthe spleen of the cards. Being a charismatic person with little empathy for people over the internet has led many to believe you are a high-functioning sociopath. Maybe they're right, or maybe you just know what to say to make them think so. Also, you excel at strategy and minigames.
    [X] Name: Jack Delacurse
    [X] Age: 24
    [X] Username: Crocodile
    [X] Mage.
    [X] Guy
    [X] Avatar:
    [X] Plan Magnificent Bastard
    [X] Something else... (Write-in.)
    -[X] Eve Online
    [X] Did the thing - you researched, looked for clues, asked questions to betatesters, so that you could master the game's mechanics before it was even out.
    [X] The Xanatos: You've always had a knack for thinking ahead of others and planning long-term. Every major decision you make is calculated to maximize your future success, without closing off any options. Despite this, you never bet more than you can lose, so you can switch tracks the moment things start going belly-up. You're always three steps ahead of everything and everyone else, your losses only serving to further your interests.
    [X] That the game should be a floating castle made up of floors.
    [X] Name: Yuki Makoto
    [X] Age: 25
    [X] Username: Weltschmerz
    [X] Avatar:
    [X]Rogue
    [X] GrillGamer?...
    [X] Plan "Let's be Kirito but better"
    ---[X] The Elder Scrolls.
    ---[X] Were invited to participate in the beta testing and spent most of your time every day doing that, becoming unattached from the real world.
    ---[X] Fear Not The Ganker: Your combos are crazy, and you are an excellent multitasker and respond well to combat. Your APM is heads and shoulders above that of the other players.
    ---[X] That the game should be a floating castle made up of floors.
    ---[X] Name: Kazuto Kirigaya
    ---[X] Age: 16
    ---[X] Username: Kirito
    ---[X] Avatar: Just Kirito's appearance
    ---[X] Fighter
    ---[X] Guy.
    [X] the death Seeker plan
    [X] Adventure Quest
    [X] Propose... @Birdsie
    [X] Name: Brenda Le Roux
    [X] Age: 21
    [X] Username: Andraste
    [X] Avatar:
    [X]Rogue
    [X] bonnie/girl
    [X] True Magic

[X] True Magic v2
Adhoc vote count started by Birdsie on Apr 21, 2018 at 4:29 PM, finished with 336 posts and 48 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Birdsie on Apr 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM, finished with 336 posts and 48 votes.

• [X] Plan Magnificent Bastard
    [X] Plan Sunshine in a Bottle
    [X]True Magic
    [X]True Magic
    [X] True Magic v2
    [X] Plan: Black Knight with a heart of gold.
    [X] True Magic v2
    [X] An ungodly fusion of Dungeons & Dragons,the paper mario rpg series,Elder scrolls\fallout,bloodborne,Zelda,La mulana,.....and fucking metroid.
    [X] Fighter.
    [X] Name: Akoni Wright
    [X] Age: 56
    [X] Username: Big Bad Poppa
    [X] Avatar\apperance:
    [X] Guy
    [X] Plan Charismatic Sociopath.
    [X] Witcher.
    [X] Were invited to participate in the beta testing and spent most of your time every day doing that, becoming unattached from the real world.
    [X] Name: Jack Delacurse
    [X] Age: 24
    [X] Username: Crocodile
    [X] Mage.
    [X] Guy
    [X] Avatar:
    -[X] Eve Online
    [X] The Xanatos: You've always had a knack for thinking ahead of others and planning long-term. Every major decision you make is calculated to maximize your future success, without closing off any options. Despite this, you never bet more than you can lose, so you can switch tracks the moment things start going belly-up. You're always three steps ahead of everything and everyone else, your losses only serving to further your interests.
    [X] Avatar:
    [X]Rogue
    [X] GrillGamer?...
    [X] Plan "Let's be Kirito but better"
    ---[X] The Elder Scrolls.
    ---[X] Were invited to participate in the beta testing and spent most of your time every day doing that, becoming unattached from the real world.
    ---[X] Fear Not The Ganker: Your combos are crazy, and you are an excellent multitasker and respond well to combat. Your APM is heads and shoulders above that of the other players.
    ---[X] That the game should be a floating castle made up of floors.
    ---[X] Name: Kazuto Kirigaya
    ---[X] Age: 16
    ---[X] Username: Kirito
    ---[X] Avatar: Just Kirito's appearance
    ---[X] Fighter
    ---[X] Guy.
    [X] the death Seeker plan
    [X] Adventure Quest
    [X] Propose... @Birdsie
    [X] Name: Brenda Le Roux
    [X] Age: 21
    [X] Username: Andraste
    [X] Avatar:
    [X]Rogue
    [X] bonnie/girl
    [X] True Magic

[X] True Magic v2

Sadism is a decent argument, a lack of effort isn't. Both are contingent upon the possibility that he has retained the level of control over this world that you assume he did.

I mean, all you guys complaining about this one perk aren't offering any constructive suggestions or alternatives. I am legit trying to see what you want.
The constructive alternative I'm offering is voting for a different plan. I simply prefer Sunshine. It seems like it will be more fun.

Edit:
14 + 2 v 14

Last edited:
Listen @dunk1010 if it was just one respawn, then True Magic would be much more appealing to me and my biggest gripe would be not having the character be a roleplayer. Which in the grand scheme of things, is not that important to me. But the fact that it IS infinite respawns makes it a repulsive idea to me. And that's why I hate it so much. Infinite respawns just turns the quest into endless grinding with no real threat.

Oh? I'd like to meet this 'DarkKing89' quite a bit. *teasing*
Adhoc vote count started by DarkKing98 on Apr 21, 2018 at 4:33 PM, finished with 337 posts and 48 votes.

The constructive alternative I'm offering is voting for a different plan. I simply prefer Sunshine. It seems like it will be more fun.
How would Sunshine be more fun in a death game? The closest I got was screwing people over for shits and giggles, but eventually the players would stick to one benevolent persona to escape the game.

I can't see a different possibility with Sunshine.

Welp, have fun with grinding the quest guys. Cuz I don't want to stick around for the immortal grinder.

How would Sunshine be more fun in a death game? The closest I got was screwing people over for shits and giggles, but eventually the players would stick to one benevolent persona to escape the game.

I can't see a different possibility with Sunshine.
Already discussed prior, feel free to look it up. Lost anyways, so don't care to reminisce.

The true hero that no one paid attention to was Rossum's PC Master Race, which would have let us not really die, even if our character did, and on top of that might have let us serve as a conduit to the outside.

[X] True Magic
[X] True Magic v2
Number of voters: 1

[X]True Magic
Number of voters: 8

[X]True Magic
[X] True Magic v2
Number of voters: 6
Total = 15
Number of voters: 13

-[X] Eve Online
[X] Avatar:
[X]Rogue
[X] GrillGamer?...
Total = 14

15 True Magic v 14 Magnificent Bastard.

Fair loss, stop being a pain.

[X] True Magic
[X] True Magic v2

[X]True Magic
Number of voters: 8

[X]True Magic
[X] True Magic v2
Number of voters: 6
Total = 15
Number of voters: 13

-[X] Eve Online
[X] Avatar:
[X]Rogue
[X] GrillGamer?...
Total = 14

15 True Magic v 14 Magnificent Bastard.

Fair loss, stop being a pain.
Lmao, you know, I was joking with that last post but now that I think about it I'm technically right. You told everyone to chose one or the other mad posts back and mad people ignored you. Their votes don't count.

Magnificent Bastard wins due to your own statement.

Is this really such a problem? I'd let you do the same if you asked. Oh, well. @Trondason. You've got to choose. People are getting mad at me.

Aldrich is a very unusual username. I'd prefer something realistic, like: "Xx__YaBoiSkinnyP3n1z__xX_swag" but I can work with this.

I've begun work on the update.

Back