Succubusekai: The Demoness Just Wanted To Stay With Her Friends! [Original-Ish] [Quest]

Eh, swim speeds are still useful, lets you move across water faster than anything without it.
Compression could also be handy, but my experience is that in general modules are laid out such that they can all be traversed by a Medium sized creature, so narrow cracks are rarer than you'd think.
Conceal thoughts is one of those powers that is only useful rather rarely, and absolutely critical when you do need it.

[X] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Eloquence - Perfect for oratorical manipulation.

[X] (Senaz's Expertise) Deception

[X] (Senaz's Expertise) Persuasion

Those three used together might help Senaz's talk the party's way out of trouble without having to use a spell.

[X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Heat Metal - Weaponize the same principle that forces you to crack your car window when it's too hot out!

[X] (Helen's Added Spell) Divine Favor - +DPS as long as you can maintain concentration? HAndy.

[X] (Eira's New Power) Write-In: Disable - can help the party get an edge in multi-person fights.

Last edited:
[~] (Eira's New Power) Write-in from the list above, or sell me on a 1st-level power from another source.
New power Disable, may help the party get the edge in multiple opponents cases.

Please put 'Disable' on the same line, something like:

[ ] (Eira's New Power) Write-In: Disable - can help the party get an edge in multi-person fights.

I'd allow it, ftr.

Last edited:
[x] Plan Sneaky Valor
-[x] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Valor - Mix swordmanship and spellcasting together!
-[x] (Eira's New Power) Conceal Thoughts - not guaranteed to suppress your tail
-[x] (Helen's Added Spell) Divine Favor - +DPS as long as you can maintain concentration? HAndy.
-[x] (Senaz's Expertise) Persuasion
-[X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Knock - Knock! Who's there? You. Youyouyouyouyouyouyou.
-[X] (Senaz's Expertise) Insight

Last edited:
At this time, it's around dusk. Not the greatest time to travel in theory… But between your Darkvision, Eira's ears, and Helen simply pulling a torch out, you think you can handle this.
I have to wonder how Darkvision plays with light sources, in a world where we have to think about how the mechanical abstractions really work.

"For the Strong!"

"Who's 'the strong'?"

"It's me," the orc said. "I am the fucking strong"
"Not in any paranormal sense. I just have really improbable upper body strength and also never skip leg day."

I have to wonder how Darkvision plays with light sources, in a world where we have to think about how the mechanical abstractions really work.

The general assumption I usually see is that it works somewhat similarly to normal human/animal night vision; bright light washes it out and overwhelms the more sensitive eye cells, so they only kick in in the dark, doing some somewhat gradually as light levels fall.

Of course, this also depends on which interpretation of Darkvision you're using. I.E. is it being treated as infravision, extreme sensitivity, or something else.

The other problem with a torch, of course, is that other people know you're coming a long time before you know they're coming, unless they brought a light source too.

We have 3 plans that all disagree. One of them is in the wrong format, and another one doesn't even specify the bardic college.

[X] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Eloquence - Perfect for oratorical manipulation.
[X] (Senaz's Expertise) Investigation
[X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Heat Metal - Weaponize the same principle that forces you to crack your car window when it's too hot out!
[X] (Helen's Added Spell) Protection from Evil and Good - Possession nixing? Yay!
[X] (Eira's New Power) Float - Always handy.

[X] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Glamour - Your darkest desires in a whole new form! Might annoy Helen, but there's a great buff attached.
[X] (Senaz's Expertise) Performance
[X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Lesser Restoration - Given some of what you've encountered, some condition clearing could be super useful.
[X] (Helen's Added Spell) Protection from Evil and Good - Possession nixing? Yay!

[x] Plan Aranfan
-[x] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Eloquence - Perfect for oratorical manipulation.
-[x] (Senaz's Expertise) Investigation
-[x] (Senaz's Expertise) Performance
-[x] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Heat Metal - Weaponize the same principle that forces you to crack your car window when it's too hot out!
-[x] (Helen's Added Spell) Bless
-[x] (Eira's New Power) Float - Always handy.

I debated for a while as to whether to toss my own little tweaks in, but honestly, with the way the vote's going, I don't want to just turn it into a six way tie over minor differences? So this is the one that's close enough for me.

Updated mine- I think college of valor is a good move here considering how much overlap succubi have with the other ones.

Plus we are doing a lot of stabbing things with rapiers.

Updated mine- I think college of valor is a good move here considering how much overlap succubi have with the other ones.

Plus we are doing a lot of stabbing things with rapiers.

See, I actually think specialization is better. To the point I'm open to arguments that I should put expertise on persuasion instead of investigation. Because if this quest gets to a high enough level, expertise persuasion will be bonkers with silver tongue and our massive cha.

[x] Plan Aranfan
-[x] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Eloquence - Perfect for oratorical manipulation.
-[x] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Heat Metal - Weaponize the same principle that forces you to crack your car window when it's too hot out!

I debated for a while as to whether to toss my own little tweaks in, but honestly, with the way the vote's going, I don't want to just turn it into a six way tie over minor differences? So this is the one that's close enough for me.

Would you be okay changing the expertisze to Performance and Persuasion?

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by NekoIncardine on Jun 18, 2024 at 7:23 PM, finished with 25 posts and 6 votes.

• [X] (Senaz's Expertise) Deception
    [x] Plan Aranfan
    [X] (Helen's Added Spell) Divine Favor - +DPS as long as you can maintain concentration? HAndy.
    [X] (Eira's New Power) Write-In: Disable - can help the party get an edge in multi-person fights.
    [x] Plan Sneaky Valor
    -[x] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Valor - Mix swordmanship and spellcasting together!
    -[x] (Helen's Added Spell) Divine Favor - +DPS as long as you can maintain concentration? HAndy.
    -[X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Knock - Knock! Who's there? You. Youyouyouyouyouyouyou.
    [X] (Senaz's Bardic College) College of Glamour - Your darkest desires in a whole new form! Might annoy Helen, but there's a great buff attached.
    [X] (Senaz's Spell Selection) Lesser Restoration - Given some of what you've encountered, some condition clearing could be super useful.

Scheduled vote count started by NekoIncardine on Jun 18, 2024 at 7:23 PM, finished with 25 posts and 6 votes.

• [X] (Senaz's Expertise) Deception
    [x] Plan Aranfan
    [x] Plan Sneaky Valor

Dagnabit, you closed while I was asleep before I could change my vote :(

Dagnabit, you closed while I was asleep before I could change my vote :(

Honestly, lemme know what the revision is to and I'll keep it in mind. Hope to start writing today.

EDIT:
Reviewing the votes manually and shifting Aranfan to be Performance and Persuasion as per Aranfan's posts above...

Senaz's Subclass: Eloquence gets it, 4/6
Expertises: Top 1 was Persuasion, predictably (4/6). 2nd is a tie between Performance and Deception.
Senaz's Spell Selection is Heat Metal, 4/6
Helen's spell selection is a three way tie between Bless, Protection from Evil and Good, and Divine Favor.
And Eira's new power is Float, 4/6

So, two ties to work out, one of them a three-way.

Last edited:
I voted for both Performance and Deception, and if that qualifies me as a tiebreaker I'll say Performance. She is a bard.

Back